Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Who else thinks that the way FURNITURE is taking up STORAGE SPACE should be changed?

Juggybuggy
Juggybuggy
Soul Shriven
Unplaced furniture and decorations are taking up a looot of storage (inventory, storage chests). Some people even resort to turning entire Houses into storage facilities for furniture - with the huge drawback that when you want to decorate another house you need to teleport around a look for stuff a lot.It's insane. :smiley:
Should there not be a special furniture storage instead that won't take up inventory or coffer spaces?

Who else thinks that the way FURNITURE is taking up STORAGE SPACE should be changed? 79 votes

YES - Furnitures are items that are ONLY useable in our player housing and should NOT affect gear and consumable storage but rather a virtual space (like Undaunted keys or Transmute Crystals do).
93%
CireousBlueRavenPinesydelta_mysticGalenBelegnolecalitrumanb14_ESOKesstrylWhiteCoatSyndromenenekotanb16_ESOSpell-SlingerZephiran23LivvyElvenheartNettleCarrierInaMoonlightG1CountdownLadyDestinypeacenoteCillion3117 74 votes
NO - I like it the way it is right now.
3%
FakeFoxspartaxoxoCodafarian 3 votes
WHAAAA? - Who cares? Just destroy or dump that sh***!
2%
BlkadrLorkhansBlade 2 votes
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YES - Furnitures are items that are ONLY useable in our player housing and should NOT affect gear and consumable storage but rather a virtual space (like Undaunted keys or Transmute Crystals do).
    If you have ESO+ there should be an extra furniture bag where all your furniture gets transfered into.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have to imagine that players using 700 slot houses and unloading unwanted furniture there is worse than numbers in a furniture bag, so I don't understand why this is not already a thing. I imagine, based on what we can observe, that ZOS is only interested in creating new stuff they can monetize.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a furniture bag so I can see what I have on the go and not have to look all over but I don't know if that is practical to achieve in the game. It would be convenient but I do tend to horde furniture as I have plans for homes I did not get to furnishing yet and like to get items at base cost from the luxury vendor and store for later. Maybe it's not the way with most people and they just buy or craft what they need at the time.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have ESO+ there should be an extra furniture bag where all your furniture gets transfered into.

Yes, I'd also really love a furnishing craft bag! With the free houses the game has given us, there's indeed a lot of space to store things, but with a craft bag you could have all your furnishings in one place, on the go, without having to visit different houses to deposit/pick them up, or just to remember where is what.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES! There needs to be a furniture bag like the ESO+ craft bag.

It's a nuisance trying to furnish a home but having to go back and forth checking my Coldharbour Surreal Estate which has become a dumping ground for all the furnishings I can't fit in my inventory, bank, storage coffers, even alts! It would be nice to have something centralised to make decorating easier and not so much time spent on inventory management.
    PC/EU DC
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

Yes, I'd also really love a furnishing craft bag! With the free houses the game has given us, there's indeed a lot of space to store things, but with a craft bag you could have all your furnishings in one place, on the go, without having to visit different houses to deposit/pick them up, or just to remember where is what.

Indeed,plus the fact that housing is an extra activity what has no other purpose than throwing more money at ZOS so it should also be made as comfortable as possible.
    I already have 2 homes who serve as storage homes and it is very time consuming and annoying to inspect each house once I look for specific furniture and often I forget I own said furniture and buy it from the guild trader to find out later I actually have it sitting in a corner ._.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely!

It's just another facet of how ZOS isn't interested in the housing community's concerns. How long have we been asking for a furniture bag, akin to the crafting bag? I wouldn't be surprised if it's been years... >.>

I also use Coldharbour for nothing but storage. Sorted everything yesterday, which took me hours. Most of the stuff is bound, because it came with a house, a furnishing pack or is an achievement furnishing piece. Which means I can't sell it, destroy it, exchange it for gems or Seals of Endeavours or do anything with it except... stack it in one of the houses.

And slowly, but surely, I'm getting overwhelmed with bound furniture. Just the trees and plants and lighting that comes with a house and often makes up at least 1/10 of the housing slots... >.>

So it's *more* than time to give the housing community a furniture bag!
  • Coffee_Time447
    I definitely agree. I am sure I have at least 10 storage houses with 3 of them being 700 slots.
  • Zephiran23
    Zephiran23
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would be very useful for events like the Witch's Festival we just had. You obtain a lot of furnishing items in a short space of time. So you can either stop playing limited time content and work out where to place them, or stockpile them somewhere and work out later how and where you'd like to arrange them.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all eight of the storage trunks you can buy, and they are all full of furnishings. I've also found that some of them are visible when I'm in edit mode, and others are not. I don't understand why. At least 50 bank slots are devoted to furnishings, and three of my houses are used for storage. We need deconstruction for a chance to get back some of the materials. We also need a storage bag for furniture.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I read that a furniture bag like the craft bad wasn't possible because there are too many item ID's.. but anything that could be done I. This space would be appreciated.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already have 2 homes who serve as storage homes and it is very time consuming and annoying to inspect each house once I look for specific furniture and often I forget I own said furniture and buy it from the guild trader to find out later I actually have it sitting in a corner ._.

This happens to me so often with the luxury furnisher. I mouse over the item to see if I own it already and if I don't see it and can't remember buying it before, I'll buy it, and then later find I already had 2 lying around in my Coldharbour dumping ground -_-
    PC/EU DC
  • pamichic
    pamichic
    ✭✭✭
    I would love it if we could decon furnishings in game and get materials back like we do with gear.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely!

It's just another facet of how ZOS isn't interested in the housing community's concerns. How long have we been asking for a furniture bag, akin to the crafting bag? I wouldn't be surprised if it's been years... >.>

Granted, I do not do much with housing. I place some things I got from antiquities in there and a DPS dummy. Beyond that, I have no use for it. Just stating that I do not care one way or another concerning the topic.

The purpose of the post is I noticed a lot of furnishings get posted for sale in the cash shop. I would think that Zenimax would care a great deal about the housing communities' issues with furniture storage as they would not want this type of stuff to hinder a player from buying furnishings from the cash shop unless there were other issues with the storage such as sever performance issues.

Has anyone ever posed the question to Zenimax from this perspective? Has Zenimax ever commented on the idea?

• Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Especially relevant now with the New Life Festival where we always get tons of light furnishings from the New Life Gift Boxes
    PC/EU DC
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    I've been in housing _for years_ and have brought this up in streams and asked before... I wish I could find a link to the exact threads, but ZOS has mentioned this being infeasible solely for technical reasons.

As someone with over 3k items (2k+ unique) tracked via Housing Hub/Decotrack, trust me, I'd love a furniture bag... but, this has been answered before... I just can't find the info at the moment D:
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pinesy wrote: »
    I've been in housing _for years_ and have brought this up in streams and asked before... I wish I could find a link to the exact threads, but ZOS has mentioned this being infeasible solely for technical reasons.

As someone with over 3k items (2k+ unique) tracked via Housing Hub/Decotrack, trust me, I'd love a furniture bag... but, this has been answered before... I just can't find the info at the moment D:

Why is it possible - and feasable - to do a crafting bag, but not a furniture bag?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is it possible - and feasable - to do a crafting bag, but not a furniture bag?

The crafting bag takes advantage of a quirk where players can have tons of a limited number of items. This allows them to just store just the count for each item rather than the item and count.

Furniture tends to be exactly the opposite, according to Rich. Players have a few out of a huge number of items, and there are too many to just store the count.

My guess is that they will never do a 'furniture bag', as this would simply be another inventory, like a bank, and it would have to have size limits.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

The crafting bag takes advantage of a quirk where players can have tons of a limited number of items. This allows them to just store just the count for each item rather than the item and count.

Furniture tends to be exactly the opposite, according to Rich. Players have a few out of a huge number of items, and there are too many to just store the count.

My guess is that they will never do a 'furniture bag', as this would simply be another inventory, like a bank, and it would have to have size limits.

Yup, I remember now that this was the explanation given. There are thousands of unique furniture items, and most are used in low quantities, compared to the craft bag. Thank you for helping explain!!
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
  • mrreow
    mrreow
    Soul Shriven
    Give us new "Home/alternation magic" skill line with unique furniture abilities but the main feature would be summoning furnitures out of plans that are now called furniture incantations.

Imagine the freedom of creativity and how fun housing would be without those insanely cumbersome inv management games

You just browse list of collected incantations, preview how they look even and then either perform the ritual each time or place all of the ghost forms first and then do the ritual

Game mechanics must serve the player, not the other way around.
    Edited by mrreow on January 3, 2022 11:13PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted no only because there is no other option. I do not think that it should be a currency because I don't even know how that would work. They are of course items and should be treated as such by the game. However, I do think there should be some kind of furnishing bag that holds the items in your bag until such time as you need. Items can already be stored in a bank or coffer so I don't see why we can't have a dedicated storage to just that. Maybe when they finish all this server optimization that they are doing it will be possible one day.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    I thought I read that a furniture bag like the craft bad wasn't possible because there are too many item ID's.. but anything that could be done I. This space would be appreciated.

I remember seeing that too now that I think about it.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

This makes sense and is probably the same reason why we have limited storage.
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    A furniture bag would be SO nice.

Probably the best quality of life improvement to come to the game in a long time.

*begs*
  • PrimusTiberius
    PrimusTiberius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm one of those who has several warehouses full of stuff but I don't think this will ever happen.

I try and stay organized with it as much as I can, One house will have mostly furniture, one will have lighting, etc but sometimes I get lazy and just start dropping stuff. It'll take me a long time to find an item sometimes because I forgot where I left it or which toon has it in it's inventory.....its hell sometimes :D
    Everyone is going in one direction, I'm going the other direction