The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it possible to decrease the base weapon/spell damage, like it was before update 29?

• divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    motemeno wrote: »
    People don't build armor cause of the lag, they do it to survive. After what you said, i don't think you have a clear point of the cyrodil situation.

Then why lots of good players in BGs have around 27k? Not massive enough? Well you have 8 enemies, and in high MMR you have to fight em all at the same time pretty often.

Lags are the difference you don't want to acknowledge. BG players have much more ways to mitigate the damage actively, same things just don't work in cyro because you'll be toast.

Also equal team sizes mean fair fights. In cyro players don't care about kills, they care about not getting zerged to death. They'll be able to pick up easy targets anyway over the longer span. Doesn't happen in BGs, where you also compete for speed of doing kills, not only for KDA.
    Edited by divnyi on November 30, 2021 1:31PM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People build for armor because they can and still kill people who want to play non tanks. It's not like we haven't had patches where the tank/damage ratio was much better.

You can have under 30k health and armor and still compete. You just can't perma block to ultimate then turn and wipe the 5+ actual DDs who can't break through despite having astronomical damage and pen.

Damage is fine this patch. Tankiness is also fine. The issue is if you build pure damage there are drawbacks. If you build for tankiness, the right proc + tank set let's you output comparable damage.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP as far as removing it from base stats; but then increase offensive stats it in the stat sets. As it is; if you try to go 2 offensive sets; it feels like you get very little vs someone running 1 or more defense sets, and certainly feels like procs give you more DPS than a stat DPS set even though they scale off of stats.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage is fine this patch. Tankiness is also fine. The issue is if you build pure damage there are drawbacks. If you build for tankiness, the right proc + tank set let's you output comparable damage.

Damage is not comparable. It's just open world has plenty of easy opponents.

You can do the same but in reverse: go with many damage sets and some armor to survive that weaker burst those tanks do.

I have a build where only def item is Gaze, x4 damage blue stars, and I'm doing fine. No cloak or streak.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »

Damage is not comparable. It's just open world has plenty of easy opponents.

You can do the same but in reverse: go with many damage sets and some armor to survive that weaker burst those tanks do.

I have a build where only def item is Gaze, x4 damage blue stars, and I'm doing fine. No cloak or streak.

Damage is comparable. I have more characters than squishy NBs. I've played every class this patch and I've tried the meta builds for DK and Necro. I output just as much damage with 1 damage proc set.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if you're missing the point or if after years of this game, DK and NB mains simply operate in two entirely different worlds with different systems of logic.

Well then explain it to me so I can understand what is so terrible right now because I'm not really experiencing issues in pvp.

I should be clear - this patch is great for me, I'm enjoying it very much. I have no acute complaints. Maybe my favorite patch ever since I'm a DK main.

The point I was trying to make is that I see exactly what OP is talking about, even if I do personally enjoy this current meta and pace of combat quite a bit: players are speccing into Optional Mitigation because Baseline Damage is so high, both because it's necessary for them survive long enough to react and because they don't need to spec into additional Damage.

That's it, the OP is quite right from my view.

Not that I personally want the baseline Damage Stat reduced - as I explained I think it's much better if this ironed out in other, more subtle ways.

My only acute interest in this matter is that Heavy Armor doesn't get more negative passives, and that DK can keep our recent buffs that we've so patiently awaited.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast