The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Okay when Mana dk nerf comes?

birdik
birdik
✭✭✭
great cc skills, dot pressing, direct damage from whip, 3 great heal skills - 2 second from 5% to 100%
  • baselesschart
    baselesschart
    ✭✭✭
    They don't need a nerf. Outside of 1v1s they begin to fall short if I'm being completely honest with you.
    A fairly mediocre nightblade that occasionally kills people
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    why cant they let the classes be good ??
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    Excuse me? Outside 1v1 falls short? No they don't, DK is most op self healing tank atm and Templar too, u guys play with a cheat basically. This absolutely recks balance atm and makes PvP frustrating. What is point to attack tank that makes more damage than DD and who heals full with a second and keeps all he's sustain? WtH? Falls short...????????
    Edited by TheS1X on November 12, 2021 8:37AM
  • TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    Ofc they need a fat nerf, Templar and DK, both of them.
  • DucLIX
    DucLIX
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a "I'm a stamina and I can't overpower a magicka class" topic?
    faster guys kill kill
  • TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    No, it is topic that says that this class is too op atm...
  • Dorkener
    Dorkener
    ✭✭✭
    Wondering when the crying over mag NBs will start... I give it a week :D
  • TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    Sure MagNBs are op too but they don't shine that much on BGs like DKs and Templars. Everything that tanks, does as much damage like DD and has good self heals with not much of a loss of sustain, I consider it as a official cheat. MagNBs are at least killable.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, now I understand your post in my thread. You got beaten by a couple of people so want them nerfed?

On what planet are Dks and temps OP? Or to be more precise, what exactly is the change that Zos made that has "recked balance" such that playing these two classes is now "playing with a cheat basically"?

I've not been playing as much as normal, but I've taken all my characters into cyro the last couple of weeks. The change to charged helps Dk sustain some if you use it; temp felt as squishy as ever. Stamden and stamcro still feel strong. My stamblade was actually doing rather wellfor once, which surprised me as i think they broke crit from sneak again.

Edited by Larcomar on November 12, 2021 9:46AM
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1/3 of Cyrodiil population are DKs, nuff said.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luede wrote: »

DK is FotM right now, so we see a lot of DK's. We have seen other fotm classes before. Please let us play our DK's for at least one patch cycle before they get nerfed into oblivion again. If you give it time, many will quit playing DK anyway and return to their regular classes. I am still seeing very strong Templars (haven't seen so many templars for a while in Cyrodiil), Sorcs, I see very strong Gankblades, Stamdens are still exceptional in big scale and smallscale etc. etc.

1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DK is FotM right now, so we see a lot of DK's. We have seen other fotm classes before. Please let us play our DK's for at least one patch cycle before they get nerfed into oblivion again. If you give it time, many will quit playing DK anyway and return to their regular classes. I am still seeing very strong Templars (haven't seen so many templars for a while in Cyrodiil), Sorcs, I see very strong Gankblades, Stamdens are still exceptional in big scale and smallscale etc. etc.

its a long time ago since i see a class nerf, so i think u can play DK a few patches :)
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people are playing their Dks more because they've done a class update and it's *new.* Not because they're particularly overpowered.

I mean, unless I'm missing something, the changes the patch made were
    - combustion / charged / battle roar: much improved but lets face it, DK sustain was *terrible* before. Way behind other classes. This is just a sensible change which put them back into the running...
    - whip 5 to 10 seconds on stacks: They didn't boost it's power, they just upped the duration. So, um, it's a spammable. Which you don't spam. For longer....
    - inferno / foo: 3 fireballs instead of two. Which is a nice but fairly marginal boost for fights vs multiples, but completely irrelevant in a 1 v 1
    - eruption cost change: great but um, how many people are using eruption in pvp. And errr... if you're standing in it, really?

I'm not trying to be facetious - I'm just puzzled why people think magdks are suddenly OP. Someone explain it, please....

• TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    For those who think I got beaten and this is why I tell the truth, nah man. I like difficult PVP but when I see that It is impossible to beat someone just because they are overpowered then I must say it. DK is OP and same goes for a Templar!
    I don't even care if some class is stronger than other but geeez, unkillable? No thanks, this is not how PVP should be.
    What is this? Classes made for 5 year olds so they can safely roam Cyrodiil?
    Tell me, how is this normal that DK had 2mil damage done, 0 deaths at the end of match while Sorc had 1mil and best NB was around 700k damage done with 10 deaths and only few kills.
    What is the point of this game anymore if some classes are that strong?
    Soon everyone plays with DK or a Templar, how fun will it be then? Nobody ever dies again and fights last ages.
    Nvm Zos, do what u want, your game.
    Just sharing my honest opinion here.
    Edited by TheS1X on November 12, 2021 12:29PM
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheS1X wrote: »
    For those who think I got beaten and this is why I tell the truth, nah man. I like difficult PVP but when I see that It is impossible to beat someone just because they are overpowered then I must say it. DK is OP and same goes for a Templar!
    I don't even care if some class is stronger than other but geeez, unkillable? No thanks, this is not how PVP should be.
    Tell me, how is this normal that DK had 2mil damage done, 0 deaths at the end of match while Sorc had 1mil and best NB was around 700k damage done with 10 deaths and only few kills.
    Soon everyone plays with DK or a Templar, how fun will it be then? Nobody ever dies again and fights last ages.

If You are asking question like that it means You dont know how BGs work. Sorc and nb will always have less dmg then DK in BG simply because Dk apply lots of DoTs that do nothing other then building up free numbers. More then 2/3 of that DK's 2M dmg was dead numbers.
    Edited by axi on November 12, 2021 12:32PM
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just sharing my honest opinion here.

So, um, I'm guessing that's a "no" on some facts, then. [snip]

[edited for rude comment]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 12, 2021 2:08PM
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who doubts op log onto PC grayhost NA at around 7:00am CT and you will see what has become of pvp first hand. AD has become almost entirely DK tanks who actually do tank small zergs and can drop you in 2 gcds. Its absolutely disgusting right now. This is no exaggeration either, they are literally tanking 10 people at once, bursting like a ganker, and healing to full health in 1 gcd. Every day people on grayhost are complaining about them and I tell them to go on the forums and let ZOS know what is going on. Haven't seen anything this OP since the very early days of this game when vampire tanks were doing the same thing.

Don't ask me what build they are running because I don't know and if I did I wouldn't even want more people to know. It isn't damage proc sets though. Never once had a proc show up in my death recap, but maybe defensive proc sets. HAHA I called this meta out last patch and got ignored, but now the flood gates have been opened. YOU SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO ME THEN! Going to have to wait until the next chapter before this cancer gets nerfed now.
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on November 12, 2021 12:48PM
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    Dot or no dot, I played Cyro yesterday and it was impossible to fight against DKs and yes, I demand nerf and at least there is an actual reason for it. PvP is just not fun atm. And if u play BGs, u will see how teams with DKs and Templars insta win.
  • axi
    axi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dot or no dot, I played Cyro yesterday and it was impossible to fight against DKs and yes, I demand nerf and at least there is an actual reason for it. PvP is just not fun atm. And if u play BGs, u will see how teams with DKs and Templars insta win.

Actualy I dont see that many dks in BGs. Way more sorcs and nbs then dks.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mana. lol.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭
    axi wrote: »

Actualy I dont see that many dks in BGs. Way more sorcs and nbs then dks.

I want to play on that ELO, seriously.
    Every BG match I played yesterday had at least one team with 2 DKS and 2 Templars who ran all over other teams.
    I really got a feeling that it was premade game but nop, it was random.

PS: Zos should not maybe nerf anything but rather help other classes to be more competitive against those who are stronger.
    Nerf it self is not a solution, class should be fun to play with.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    I think people are playing their Dks more because they've done a class update and it's *new.* Not because they're particularly overpowered.

I mean, unless I'm missing something, the changes the patch made were
    - combustion / charged / battle roar: much improved but lets face it, DK sustain was *terrible* before. Way behind other classes. This is just a sensible change which put them back into the running...
    - whip 5 to 10 seconds on stacks: They didn't boost it's power, they just upped the duration. So, um, it's a spammable. Which you don't spam. For longer....
    - inferno / foo: 3 fireballs instead of two. Which is a nice but fairly marginal boost for fights vs multiples, but completely irrelevant in a 1 v 1
    - eruption cost change: great but um, how many people are using eruption in pvp. And errr... if you're standing in it, really?

I'm not trying to be facetious - I'm just puzzled why people think magdks are suddenly OP. Someone explain it, please....

The only significant non-sustain buff I see is the removal of the cooldown from power lash, and that still requires some setup (to immobilize or set off balance). There definitely isn't anything else that could result in a significant increase in burst damage or healing, which are the main problems being alleged.

I suppose it's possible that DKs were all running mag recovery jewelry enchants and the sustain buffs allowed them to switch to spell power instead, but I find that hard to believe. Even with their sustain problems, I think most DKs were already running spell power.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on November 12, 2021 2:06PM
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure MagNBs are op too but they don't shine that much on BGs like DKs and Templars. Everything that tanks, does as much damage like DD and has good self heals with not much of a loss of sustain, I consider it as a official cheat. MagNBs are at least killable.

How can 3 out of 6 classes be OP. Surely that means they're balanced fine and the other 3 (2 of which are also not underpowered) just need a buff.

If any mag classes need some love it's MagNB and MagWarden. Rest are good, and probably more balanced than for a long time.
    Edited by ThePedge on November 12, 2021 2:06PM
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

How can 3 out of 6 classes be OP. Surely that means they're balanced fine and the other 3 (2 of which are also not underpowered) just need a buff.

If any mag classes need some love it's MagNB and MagWarden. Rest are good, and probably more balanced than for a long time.

Mag nb ain't op at all, idk what that complaining is about. Maybe just a good patch for magnb and they can actually do something now and people aren't used to that. Its just Dk and templar that are bananas broken right now, but leaning more towards DK.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭

Did not say that they are op like DKs and Templars, mag Nbs are good and at good place, for me they are op but I do not see them as game breaking problem like DKs and Templars.
    Anyways, I am out from this topic, I go and hide under the bed with my worthless Stamina NB.
    It is now "Dragon Knights roam with Templars Online"
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did not say that they are op like DKs and Templars, mag Nbs are good and at good place, for me they are op but I do not see them as game breaking problem like DKs and Templars.
    Anyways, I am out from this topic, I go and hide under the bed with my worthless Stamina NB.

Ah ok.

Fret not friend stam nb is actually pretty good right now. Can we tank 10 people with block and then heal to full in 1 gcd? No, but we can still burst like a boss. We sure as heck don't need a buff, its just other classes need nerfed.

• angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭

Bring your bow in case you have to snipe an "OP" "mana dk" from under your bed.
  • TheS1X
    TheS1X
    ✭✭✭

Bring your bow in case you have to snipe an "OP" "mana dk" from under your bed.

Sure, I keep my "OP Snipe" with me! Oh, those times when people demanded nerf for a snipe, riiiiight?
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And the other 2/3 are NB, nuff said lol
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because DK was changed in the patch and people are testing it's new usability. Same with mag NB.
    Doesn't show anything at this point.