Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Attention ZOS: frogs are amphibians, not reptiles

• Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They put something in the water that turned the frogs reptile.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how many more times this Endeavor is going to come up before ZOS checks their categories.

Aristotle would be proud. Linnaeus, the father of modern taxonomy, would be quite unhappy.
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 11, 2021 5:49PM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Death Hoppers are not frogs; they only look froggy.

Look closer, clearly they are toads, not frogs.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hackwings are considered birds here. There’s in-game argonian literature about it. I guess it just comes down to what the lore calls things and not our nomenclature.
    Hackwings are more like bat or the flying dinosaur like creatures.
    Now wales and dolphins was of many considered fish but this might have more to do with the catholic church mandating fish days so people twisted this into that animals who looked like fish as in wales and dolphins was fish in this setting, this was later made more absurd in that animals who spend most their time in water like ducks was to be considered fish :)

The Muslim version of this is that Vodka or other liquor made of potato is not affected by the ban on drinking alcohol as potatoes was not known back then the rule was made :)
    ----
    Now ESO has some weird stuff regarding classifications.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lillybit wrote: »
    Hackwings are considered birds here. There’s in-game argonian literature about it. I guess it just comes down to what the lore calls things and not our nomenclature.

They might be birds but they counted for me towards my reptiles!

At least the ones in Blackwood did - it's not consistent for different zones tho, like the kill humanoid one didn't count argonians in murkmire but liked those in Blackwood just fine

Goblins aren't humanoid?

(Not your post, but that came up on one day's endeavor.)
    Humanoid Daedra who looks more like humans than Argonians does also not count. Not tested with Maomers but guess its playable races. Now 4 legged Khajiit should not count here.
    However if Argonians don't count as humanoid its serious weird if equal playable races?
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • WhyMustItBe
    WhyMustItBe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    furiouslog wrote: »
    I mean, I still like getting credit for the kills and all, [snip]

Reptiles-vs-amphibians.jpg

[edited for baiting]

The frogs in question are the size of small cows. In a zone where reptilian "bears" dance with the mammalian kind.

Anything is possible. :p
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    File this under: does not bother me. :p
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    ...Kill Replicants...

"You look down and see a reptphibian, Leon. It's crawling toward you..."

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Toanis
    Toanis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    peacenote wrote: »
    File this under: does not bother me. :p

Actually "fixing" it takes away options for the endeavour, so it does kinda bother me.

Restrictive definitions are much more anoying, IMO. "Kill x beasts" seems to mean only real-world mammals like wolves, boars, bears, in a world with multiple zones where insects, crustaceans, reptiles or amphibians occupy the niche of "beasts". Just call it "mammals" or "furry animals". Don't make us travel from zone to zone until we figure out what you mean.
  • Kessra
    Kessra
    ✭✭✭
    JavaRen wrote: »
    Remember that this is also a land where you can mine for ebony.

You definitely need to try out New World where you can use your pickaxe to harvest oil