The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Update on recent action against some ESO accounts

• Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    some fallen company - forgive the swearword, but BLIZZARD - could actually learn a bit of decency from ZOS
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development --> https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/594079/idea-craft-cp-sub-tree-ideas-constant-wip#latest

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>dynamic pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

>>Norg-Tzel - for Mara's sake, ZOS, REMOVE it from the list please!

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>highlighting WBs that are being fought

>>possibility to dye barding

>>possibility to switch UI between guild bank<-->bank<-->guild trader

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    As a longtime ESO player, it makes me proud that ZOS is as open and transparent about this, and their fault in the matter.
    I just wanted to thank you for this show of strength, guys! :wink:
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did I miss where this is totally resolved? It has been a couple weeks, now.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Yeah, and I'm still curious what "item" y'all got for your trouble.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

They were given a choice of mount or house. Nothing was off the table.
    Edited by ApoAlaia on October 28, 2021 9:26AM
  • Stefirex
    Stefirex
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for launching such a thorough investigation, finding the error, and compensating all impacted by this error.
    This will greatly contribute to the health and stability of the community within ESO.

Today the bar for customer support in MMO gaming has been raised.
    The DEV TEAM has truly amazed me today. Please, keep up the great work. <3

No offense, but the bar should never have been lower than this. Honesty and Decency should be the gold standard for any customer service industry.
  • phbell
    phbell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stefirex wrote: »
    Thank you for launching such a thorough investigation, finding the error, and compensating all impacted by this error.
    This will greatly contribute to the health and stability of the community within ESO.

No offense, but the bar should never have been lower than this. Honesty and Decency should be the gold standard for any customer service industry.

I have to agree here. As promising as the response and ownership has been for this event, these actions should be the norm, not the exception. Openness goes a long way in the customer service business.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »

Wow! That's a cool prize if it's true.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Yeah, especially if it included the two player mount.
  • hmr13.76preeb18_ESO
    Too often wrong! How many cases are not known about? [snip]

[edited for bashing & discussing disciplinary actions]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 6, 2021 1:03PM
  • webgeo99
    webgeo99
    ✭✭
    HOLY [snip]! ZOS actually admitted they were wrong? What's next? The removal of all bots being used?

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
    Edited by Psiion on December 2, 2021 3:59AM
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A bit late for the reply but I sincerely doubt unreleased content was on the table.

When I said 'nothing was off the table' I was referring to released content, past or present (at the time the offer was made).
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A bit late for the reply but I sincerely doubt unreleased content was on the table.

When I said 'nothing was off the table' I was referring to released content, past or present (at the time the offer was made).

One of the sweepstakes winners was awarded the two person mount, he posted photos and videos of himself using it on Facebook. So I would assume that if someone got "choice of house or mount," then that one would be possible as well.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

One of the sweepstakes winners was awarded the two person mount, he posted photos and videos of himself using it on Facebook. So I would assume that if someone got "choice of house or mount," then that one would be possible as well.

In all fairness, my friend didn't think on that, neither did any of us.

Maybe it would have been available? Not sure.

TBH the craving for the two person mount is not universal. Even if we would have thought of it I'm unsure if it would have been the winner of the poll.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno As an addon dev playing and supporting the addons since the beta I'm somehow puzzeld what code/addon was in charge here.
    I mean I know very much of the official addons "on the market" (from www.esoui.com at least) and I also would say I understand what is possible, and what not (via addons).

We would be very interested into this information to keep the game + addons stable and support your anti-cheat methods the best possible way, without triggering "false positives somehow" (though I really wonder how addons should be able to try to duplicate gold, if this is not just the name of your anti-cheat methods).
    I hope that ZOS reads your post with a positive and friendly attitude and responds to your concerns.

To me, this issue seems most likely to have resulted either from a bug in some function(s) that are in the add-on API, or some other bug in the game software which incorrectly recorded the number of Gold Pieces in the affected players' in-game Bank accounts.

Personally, a few years ago, I engaged in a long process of persuading ZOS to take action because the Bank balance was not correct when I interacted with a Banker, while playing the very first character that I created. They eventually acknowledged the errors, and apparently corrected the software so that the losses stopped occurring. Of course, they never compensated me for the lost Gold Pieces, or the time and effort which I spent convincing them that the game software either was not doing simple arithmetic correctly or not recording the results correctly.

In my ongoing experience during the past 7+ years of playing TESO, the game software has often failed to keep accurate records pertaining to my position in the game -- especially with respect to numeric data. Thus, I have no faith that any calculation will either be done correctly and/or recorded correctly, at any given time.

For example, most recently, 1000 Rubedite Ingots simply disappeared from the Craft Bag. From time-to-time, similar losses have also occurred with other materials recorded as stored in the Craft Bag. I have not noticed any unexpected or unwarranted increases, however. Also, for the past two months, the pseudo-random number generator has repeatedly distributed too much Wormwood and Dragonthorn, respectively, to the detriment of the amounts of the other nine herbs which a character can find and harvest, to use for Alchemy potions and poisons.

[snip] The Eidetic Documents feature is an example of continually recurring errors in the original base game and in every DLC and Chapter released since. Eventually, I abandoned any effort to find and read all of them which the Lorebooks add-on reveals, because it is not possible to do that (at least not on the NA mega-server). So far, I have not used the Antiquities feature, because it seems likely to me that it will prove to have the same problems as the Eidetic Documents feature.

Accordingly, the public admission by ZOS that their disciplinary actions were the result of an error in the game software is something that I never believed that I would see in a forum post!

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on December 8, 2021 1:08PM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stefirex wrote: »

Sure but doesn't mean we shouldn't appreciate when we see it.

I am happy to see this
  • BlossomDead
    BlossomDead
    ✭✭✭✭
    The official announcement doesn't name addons as being the cause of it (at least not those publicly available). If they were I suspect a lot more people would have been affected.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno As an addon dev playing and supporting the addons since the beta I'm somehow puzzeld what code/addon was in charge here.
    I mean I know very much of the official addons "on the market" (from www.esoui.com at least) and I also would say I understand what is possible, and what not (via addons).

We would be very interested into this information to keep the game + addons stable and support your anti-cheat methods the best possible way, without triggering "false positives somehow" (though I really wonder how addons should be able to try to duplicate gold, if this is not just the name of your anti-cheat methods).
    I hope that ZOS reads your post with a positive and friendly attitude and responds to your concerns.

To me, this issue seems most likely to have resulted either from a bug in some function(s) that are in the add-on API, or some other bug in the game software which incorrectly recorded the number of Gold Pieces in the affected players' in-game Bank accounts.

Personally, a few years ago, I engaged in a long process of persuading ZOS to take action because the Bank balance was not correct when I interacted with a Banker, while playing the very first character that I created. They eventually acknowledged the errors, and apparently corrected the software so that the losses stopped occurring. Of course, they never compensated me for the lost Gold Pieces, or the time and effort which I spent convincing them that the game software either was not doing simple arithmetic correctly or not recording the results correctly.

In my ongoing experience during the past 7+ years of playing TESO, the game software has often failed to keep accurate records pertaining to my position in the game -- especially with respect to numeric data. Thus, I have no faith that any calculation will either be done correctly and/or recorded correctly, at any given time.

For example, most recently, 1000 Rubedite Ingots simply disappeared from the Craft Bag. From time-to-time, similar losses have also occurred with other materials recorded as stored in the Craft Bag. I have not noticed any unexpected or unwarranted increases, however. Also, for the past two months, the pseudo-random number generator has repeatedly distributed too much Wormwood and Dragonthorn, respectively, to the detriment of the amounts of the other nine herbs which a character can find and harvest, to use for Alchemy potions and poisons.

[snip] The Eidetic Documents feature is an example of continually recurring errors in the original base game and in every DLC and Chapter released since. Eventually, I abandoned any effort to find and read all of them which the Lorebooks add-on reveals, because it is not possible to do that (at least not on the NA mega-server). So far, I have not used the Antiquities feature, because it seems likely to me that it will prove to have the same problems as the Eidetic Documents feature.

Accordingly, the public admission by ZOS that their disciplinary actions were the result of an error in the game software is something that I never believed that I would see in a forum post!

Interesting input and raises some concerns for sure. Thanks.
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on December 8, 2021 1:20PM
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know for a fact at least 1 of the players who have been suspended & banned is innocent which means some or all of the other players could be innocent too.

ZOS should take a much deeper look into this.We don't want innocents wrongly suspended and banned again. It creates a bad image for all parties.

I saw dual ui errors coming from addons that seemed to interact unfavorably with the new armoury system. Being that everyone uses different addons, it could be that some people were using a less poppular addon or one that had not been updated properly or at all immediately prior to this happening. It may have even only been a dependency or setting as well. I believe it's very possible addons may have something to do with it and it wouldn't be the 1st time.

Let's not start throwing blame around. Let's get to the root of the cause, fix it and worry about the rest afterwards. Not even 1 innocent person should be punished for this.
    Edited by Arrodisia on December 9, 2021 8:42PM
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently there is a thread on reddit many of the players seem to be wrongly accused. I hope. This issue gets resolved and the innocent players are unsuspended/unbanned.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/rbbspy/discussion_account_suspended_for_no_reason/
    Edited by Arrodisia on December 9, 2021 9:07PM
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the thing, everyone in this is a faceless internet user to me, and 97.4% of guilty parties say they are innocent, so how do I sort this out?
    Edited by JavaRen on December 9, 2021 9:42PM
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JavaRen wrote: »
    Here's the thing, everyone in this is a faceless internet user to me, and 97.4% of guilty parties say they are innocent, so how do I sort this out?

Agree. A small few may well be innocent, but they also may not be.

Just look at Lance Armstrong. Cheaters are cheaters, and most don’t stop once they get caught. They lie, and they try to make you feel bad for ever accusing them in the first place. It’s best to let ZOS sort this out. When ZOS was wrong before, they admitted they were wrong, and that was not an easy thing for a company to do.
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You sort it out by reading the entire thread which tells you every single player in the last ban wave was innocent and the error admittedly was on the client/addon side. This is why ZOS issued the apology and compensated the players. The client/addons are behaving similarly again and people are banned again. coincidence? very doubtful.

Plus, normal, every day, honest people exist and use Pc's. It's amazing, right? See how simple it is now to believe some or even all of them are innocent.

I'm 100% sure. At least one of them is innocent, not 99,999%, as I said 100% sure. They did not use any illegal addons or software. The game/add ons were definitely misbehaving again. So it stands to reason others, if not all of them, may be innocent here too.

Edited by Arrodisia on December 9, 2021 11:32PM
  • JavaRen
    JavaRen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both reasonable points made by faceless internet voices.
  • Amethyst_Unearthed
    Amethyst_Unearthed
    ✭✭✭
    Arrodisia wrote: »
    I know for a fact at least 1 of the players who have been suspended & banned is innocent which means some or all of the other players could be innocent too.

ZOS should take a much deeper look into this.We don't want innocents wrongly suspended and banned again. It creates a bad image for all parties.

I saw dual ui errors coming from addons that seemed to interact unfavorably with the new armoury system. Being that everyone uses different addons, it could be that some people were using a less poppular addon or one that had not been updated properly or at all immediately prior to this happening. It may have even only been a dependency or setting as well. I believe it's very possible addons may have something to do with it and it wouldn't be the 1st time.

Let's not start throwing blame around. Let's get to the root of the cause, fix it and worry about the rest afterwards. Not even 1 innocent person should be punished for this.

Its happened in multiple cases of innocent players, they lack a 1 on 1 conflict resolution program, the ability to talk via email, phone, irl would be a 360 on any issues. I love how they are transparent

Stay safe ove the holidays ❤

XBOX ONE PLAYER
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JavaRen wrote: »

I'm pretty sure you don't have to sort it out. That's the job of ZOS :)
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I have no idea whether people are guilty or innocent but I do know that no one can state someone is 100% innocent. The more people protest their innocence the more guilty they look, sorry, just my view
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    but I do know that no one can state someone is 100% innocent.

I mean but that's what the devs did figure out in the opening post. Also a person can definitely be 100% innocent of any particular thing they are accused of
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 27, 2021 3:07PM
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    but I do know that no one can state someone is 100% innocent.

I mean but that's what the devs did figure out in the opening post. Also a person can definitely be 100% innocent of any particular thing they are accused of

I agree. "Innocent until proven guilty" is the tried and true method of an actual justice system. The whole reason this thread exists is because the dev initially thought they had evidence of guilt, only to research and realize that such evidence was inaccurate.
This discussion has been closed.