The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Spaulder of Ruin changes is going to benefit the best while..

Grandchamp1989
Grandchamp1989
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Disclaimer: Only speaking for myself and my thoughts on the matter.

With the changes to Spaulder of Ruin we're going to see a penalty to magicka, stamina and health recovery at a factor of:
210 for dungeons and 420 for trials.

Supports live and die by their recovery.

For prolonged fights, people with low damage, progression runs (where the team already struggle and you need your ressources) you will REALLY feel the penalties this set now provides.
Honestly, for those fights I wouldn't wear it myself. Too risky.

For fights where my team can Deeps through everything, and burn things - the fights will not last long enough for me to feel the sustain penalty. In those situation I would want to wear this mythic set.

I don't personly think this fits with the mantra of lowering the ceiling while raising the floor.
If the team already struggles with content, low damage and the fight drags on, the boost in dmg would benefit them - but it would hardly be fair to the progression supports who would feel the penalty 10x compared to if they ran with a high dmg group.

In my humble opinion I think this mythic adds to the A and B team, where supports gets unfairly punished for running with low end DDs and probably wouldn't even wear the set as a result. This is in sharp contrast to if they ran with a good group that burns everything and the penalty wouldn't be felt at all.

Basicly the good get better while the low end and progression teams will struggle more on the support side, or be left out of the dmg the mythic provides.

Also I don't quite understand why it seems only supports are constantly being penalized for using their gear?
We get a CP block buff but gets slowed to a crawl..
We get a support mythic but recovery goes sour...

The game is already struggling for support players, I think it would be wise to make it more attractive to be a support not harder, yes?

But even if you insist on going on with penalties..
I sugggest another alternative other than recovery being used and a penalty.
Maybe resistances? as you give the team your strength you grow weaker?
I think even max ressource penalty would be preferable over a recovery penalty.

Again, for me personly I think the new change to the mythic overwhelmingly benefit the strongest players.

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In my opinion this is actually a support set that is more designed to help medium to good groups. Keep in mind that it will be super easy to keep it active 100% of the fight.
    Also in my experience, in most fights loosing 780 spell damage will be harder to compensate for than loosing 420 recovery. Those who currently play with spell damage glyphs can simply switch to recovery glyphs and if you are already using recovery glyphs, just do one heavy attack every 15-20s and you'll get the same amount of magicka.

But to be honest I don't really care what the penalty will be. I'm just happy that we get a useful group buff mythic.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In my opinion this is actually a support set that is more designed to help medium to good groups. Keep in mind that it will be super easy to keep it active 100% of the fight.
    Also in my experience, in most fights loosing 780 spell damage will be harder to compensate for than loosing 420 recovery. Those who currently play with spell damage glyphs can simply switch to recovery glyphs and if you are already using recovery glyphs, just do one heavy attack every 15-20s and you'll get the same amount of magicka.

But to be honest I don't really care what the penalty will be. I'm just happy that we get a useful group buff mythic.

Don't forget that you will be needing to put on a 1p monster helmet as your last piece and you can make that one of the ones with Magicka recovery, which is around 129 at gold if I remember right. So that will already help make up for some of it. Some people I talked to also brought up the point that the loss of stamina recovery would make it easier to keep up Martial Knowledge and not have to micro manage that as much. And if your 1p is Magma Incarnate it gives 129 magicka and stamina recovery.
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Don't forget that you will be needing to put on a 1p monster helmet as your last piece and you can make that one of the ones with Magicka recovery, which is around 129 at gold if I remember right. So that will already help make up for some of it. Some people I talked to also brought up the point that the loss of stamina recovery would make it easier to keep up Martial Knowledge and not have to micro manage that as much. And if your 1p is Magma Incarnate it gives 129 magicka and stamina recovery.

Hi Paul

Really good thoughts on it, I really like your idea to use Magma too offset some of the penalty.

But don't you think it is kinda unfair that good groups won't even feel this recovery penalty at all because everything die before tanks/healers run dry, while lesser experienced groups will feel the penalty?
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like the change. It makes the mythic useful for solo PVE and possibly solo PVP play as well, assuming you count as an ally for the proc (not too sure on that). Losing 70 recovery but gaining 260 spell/weapon damage in exchange is decent. And losing recovery on a healer for dungeons is barely going to be noticeable imo.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hi Paul

Really good thoughts on it, I really like your idea to use Magma too offset some of the penalty.

But don't you think it is kinda unfair that good groups won't even feel this recovery penalty at all because everything die before tanks/healers run dry, while lesser experienced groups will feel the penalty?

Hi Paul

There is a reason why a lot of the build makers show different versions of their builds, what they want it to look like and what it could look like if you don't have certain gear or change the rotation from a dynamic rotation to a stationary rotation. There is a gap in experience and you should not always be trying to do what the end game people are doing. Not all sets are great for less experienced players.

So argument could be made that not all sets should be able to be used in the same way at all skill levels, especially a mythic, who most of them have always been designed with a penalty in mind to counter its strengths. The rest of your build will determine how effected you are by the penalty of the set, so if you start having sustain issues, changing your healers or tanks rotation or set up would be in order. Since there is skill involved in playing the game, not everyone can perform to the same standard just cause they are wearing the same gear. As well, even with this set, a good healer or tank would not run dry regardless, and if they did they too would make adjustments. Support sets always comes down to DMG vs Sustain. Pick your poison. Choosing damage will always make sustain more difficult on everyone, but done right brings DPS up significantly. While sustain makes it easier for inexperienced players to keep up their rotation, but at a loss of Max potential DPS, though for them the sustain probably increased their actual DPS, which in this case is different from the Max potential DPS.

• K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    420 less stamina recovery effectively means zero recovery for a healer, and healers can't simply trade their destruction staves for bows or get extra stamina regen from sets like Symphony. In fights which require frequent dodging or sprinting it might be unsustainable even with tri-recovery potions and relevant red CP stars.

Maybe infused prismatic recovery jewelry could help to offset the loss. A purple set provides 378 recovery. It goes up to 402 with gold pieces, IMO not a meaningful difference. Alternatively there's Orzorga's bear haunch but that's a rather expensive option compared to the standard DPS foods. This iteration of Spaulder is definitely usable, it just requires picking everything except sets specifically to sustain it. And it's mutually exclusive with Powerful Assault. Not because the buffs wouldn't stack, but because of the stamina costs of assault skills.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I logged into just to give feedback and perspective on this change.

First of off it's unbalanced in diversity as taking two people to use full effect. This won't end well just like spc was on all healers this set will be too. It should be for 12 people not 6 or there's no way dps or tank can build for this.

Now first off, it's regain costs and by design healers should have a lot of this. I mean I got nearly 3100 something buffed off with scrion monster, and on average with other builds in 1800 to 2000 area unbuffed.

<3There's Race advantages <3

Khajitt will where this set easy with all regain stats with them. Next Argonian with all around sustain passive. Then altmer to make up either stamina or magicka lose with strange passive. Lastly there's breton for magicka regain that is most needed out of healers.

<3There's Class Advantages <3

Warden -

Increase your Magicka Recovery and Stamina Recovery by 12% if an Animal Companion ability is slotted
    Any target healed gains Minor Intellect and Minor Endurance. increasing their Magicka and Stamina Recovery by 15% for 20 seconds.

(Nerf Wardens)

Sorc's

* 25 magicka recovery, 15 stamina recovery, 15 healthy recovery
    * Reduces Magicka and Stamina costs for all abilities by 6%.
    * Your next non-Ultimate ability cast within 3 seconds costs 10% Less
    * Sustain skills for stamina or magicka (exchange)

Necro -
    • only class that can use negative effect passive with ease of access
    • While you have a Necromancer summon active, you Magicka and Stamina Recovery is increased by 200

NB - Regain passives

Increases Health, Stamina, and Magicka Recovery by 15%.

Dk - The improved ultimate sustain passive, and status effects to gain magicka and stamina from passive

Templar

While slotted, you gain Minor Fortitude, Minor Endurance, and Minor Intellect, increasing Health, Stamina, and Magicka Recovery by 15%.

Reduces the Magicka, Stamina, and Ultimate costs of your abilities by 5%.

<3Now there's pve cp <3

Hope Infusion
    Healing yourself or an ally under 50% Health grants them Minor Heroism for 1 second for every 300 Magicka Recovery you have. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds per target. (Add to champion bar to activate. 1 stage, 50 pts)

Grants 3 Health, Magicka and Stamina Recovery per stage. (Add to champion bar to activate. 50 pts) (150)

Refreshing Stride Yes
    While Sprinting you gain 100 Health and Magicka Recovery per stage. Maximum: 500

Increases your Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery by 30 per stage while under the effects of a negative effect. Maximum: 150

Strategic Reserve Yes
    Gain 30 Health Recovery for every 10 Ultimate you have.

Mundus
    Stamina or magicka recovery : 507 with full divines
    Health recovery 203

If all else doesn't look good then just heavy attack and proc off balance for double resources back from heavy attack (this also can proc major mending )

If sort on stamina just pick up dodge, and break free passives in red tree. This eliminates almost the biggest costs for healers.

Mythic items are supposed to come with a cost for power and this is an easy cost to pay as healer.In regards to tanks, and dps they will have to build for it far more then healers will, as such it will lean in most cases to healers, but it's not impossible for tanks or dps if they really wanted to. Still it will take 2 for this set to get full effect so I except two healers to use and it to unbalance every other healer set in game just like blades did for awhile, and spc for years.

For causal players and mid game players, I have no idea while you would use this over mamga incarnate for dungeons first of all. If you want damage still for yourself and allies magma incarnate. Most tanks in dungeons won't use minor courage so there you go for self and allies. Even if you don't want to do that then there's off balance, potion buff, and mundus anyone can get any any level or cp. Now if you have cp there's way more options.

Edited by FeedbackOnly on September 28, 2021 4:22PM
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Magma incarnate also has stamina and magma recovery. Just 1 piece that and 1/4 of

If they are dungeon healer then
    Scorion's Feast
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Dungeon
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage and Spell Damage
    (5 items) When you deal damage with a fully-charged Heavy Attack, you gain an Imbued Aura for 10 seconds, granting you and up to 3 other group members 307 Magicka and Stamina Recovery. This effect can occur once every 20 seconds. If you deal damage with a fully-charged Heavy Attack with an Imbued Aura active, consume it and gain an Overflow Aura for 10 seconds, granting you and up to 3 other group members 307 Weapon Damage and Spell Damage.
    ESO-Hub.com
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it helps that you could choose not to wear it, right? We do remember that option don’t we?
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They changed it so it isn't an automatic tank choice, as tanks don't really care about weapon / spell damage. But now it kind of just becomes an automatic RoJo healer choice instead, as they're doing enough heavy attacking to not really care about the sustain loss.
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can hear the ban appeals already... "I wasn't t-bagging him, I just happened to be standing near him and needed to repeatedly toggle my Spaulder of Ruin" 😂
  • Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    ajkb78 wrote: »
    But now it kind of just becomes an automatic RoJo healer choice instead, as they're doing enough heavy attacking to not really care about the sustain loss.
    Heavy attacks will give me magicka back only.

-420 recovery means 0 health recovery (negative actually) for me, and around 200 for stamina recovery. In my opinion the penalty is far too important compared to what it gives. Of course I would do some adjustments to my build but not to the point where I have to change almost everything just to get some recovery back for “just 260 damage for only 6 people”. IMHO, I think this mythic is now dead.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    K9002 wrote: »
    420 less stamina recovery effectively means zero recovery for a healer, and healers can't simply trade their destruction staves for bows or get extra stamina regen from sets like Symphony. In fights which require frequent dodging or sprinting it might be unsustainable even with tri-recovery potions and relevant red CP stars.

Maybe infused prismatic recovery jewelry could help to offset the loss. A purple set provides 378 recovery. It goes up to 402 with gold pieces, IMO not a meaningful difference. Alternatively there's Orzorga's bear haunch but that's a rather expensive option compared to the standard DPS foods. This iteration of Spaulder is definitely usable, it just requires picking everything except sets specifically to sustain it. And it's mutually exclusive with Powerful Assault. Not because the buffs wouldn't stack, but because of the stamina costs of assault skills.

Check out jewels of misrule - epic version of bear haunch. Only 800 or less a pop
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Rebiludo
    Rebiludo
    ✭✭✭

-420 recovery means 0 health recovery (negative actually) for me, and around 200 for stamina recovery. In my opinion the penalty is far too important compared to what it gives. Of course I would do some adjustments to my build but not to the point where I have to change almost everything just to get some recovery back for “just 260 damage for only 6 people”. IMHO, I think this mythic is now dead.

200 stam regen, vers good buff for martial knowledge managment :smiley:
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But now it kind of just becomes an automatic RoJo healer choice instead, as they're doing enough heavy attacking to not really care about the sustain loss.

I hope we can agree that health recovery is pretty much irrelevant on a pve healer.
    For stamina recovery, sure, there are some situations that will become tricky if you use that mythic, but most of the time you should be fine with some small tweaks. Keep in mind that recovery is not the only way to get stamina back. You also get it from using synergies, altmer or argonian passive, master healing staff, ... And if you absolutely can't manage, then just don't equip it.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this buff stack if several ppl use it?
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is incorrect. Heavy attacks give back both resources.

There's plenty of ways to migrate this lost. You can just use sustain glyphs. One could just use tri recovery jelwery glyphs too.

420 health recovery one would assume you are a vampire? Even so a healer doesn't need it.

• FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They changed it so it isn't an automatic tank choice, as tanks don't really care about weapon / spell damage. But now it kind of just becomes an automatic RoJo healer choice instead, as they're doing enough heavy attacking to not really care about the sustain loss.

Set needs 2 people using it though. It is only Max of 6 per user
  • Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    Rebiludo wrote: »

Indeed :) This is a particular situation though, where the MK healer must be in the group.
    I hope we can agree that health recovery is pretty much irrelevant on a pve healer.

Yep, agree.

Unless you use a special glyph on your weapon, heavy attacks give back only one ressource as far as I know.
    There's plenty of ways to migrate this lost. You can just use sustain glyphs. One could just use tri recovery jelwery glyphs too.

I guess we do this on some builds.
    420 health recovery one would assume you are a vampire? Even so a healer doesn't need it.

Not vampire.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Indeed :) This is a particular situation though, where the MK healer must be in the group.

MK does not have a radius of effect, as it applies to the enemies. As long as they are in range of the boss they will be fine. And I can't think of a lot of situations where they are not in range of the boss. Even kite healers that are used in a lot of raids need to stay in 28m range of the boss for the intended effects to be kited onto them.
  • Horny_Poney
    Horny_Poney
    ✭✭✭
    MK does not have a radius of effect, as it applies to the enemies.

Yes, but the mythic does. That means the group healer must be the one to wear it if I’m not mistaken. Unless the kite healer can stay close enough of the group, which makes their kite quite difficult I suppose.
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yep, agree.

Unless you use a special glyph on your weapon, heavy attacks give back only one ressource as far as I know.

Not vampire.

You are mistaken. It's both resources from heavy attacks. It has always been that way.

420 is low what class of healer is that? I think my vampire tank matches this.

• FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, but the mythic does. That means the group healer must be the one to wear it if I’m not mistaken. Unless the kite healer can stay close enough of the group, which makes their kite quite difficult I suppose.

I want to know how you are going to proc the set on 12 people?
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Good point. Skilled groups will have the support players that can deal with this just fine. Groups with less experienced players will have to figure things out more for managing their resources if they decide to use this. They already have to do this anyhow.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yep, agree.

Not vampire.

You are mistaken. It's both resources from heavy attacks. It has always been that way.

Sorry man but you are wrong. I can not recall it ever giving both resources. Even multiple wiki's say that its Magicka OR Stamina depending on your weapon. Boy, if heavy attacking gave me magicka and stamina back as a tank..... easy peasy sustain for life.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

1 healer + off tank.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yep, agree.

Not vampire.

Sorry man but you are wrong. I can not recall it ever giving both resources. Even multiple wiki's say that its Magicka OR Stamina depending on your weapon. Boy, if heavy attacking gave me magicka and stamina back as a tank..... easy peasy sustain for life.

This is correct. I have only seen one resource being restored with a heavy attack and it remains consistently that same resource. I believe it is based on the weapon type
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1 healer + off tank.

Gotcha, so many people talk like it can go on just one healer and no tank here. It's not like roaring and they capped for reals at 6 per user this time
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also I apoglize I was wrong about heavy attacks. It won't be a problem for tanks as they use staves and weapons

Now healers there's option to negate the cost via class passives, class skills, cp, jelwery trait, Jelwery glyphs, Weapon glyphs, Cp passives in red and blue. There's also a bunch of racials to pick for this. The typical races are altmer, breton, khajit, and Argonian. The only race out of luck is breton.

In fact double checking the only race of healer that will suffer is Breton. They got a lot of other magicka passives to make up for it, but unlike the other races they will actually have to do something.

So again my feedback is any healer can use this set. Just going to have to work a little bit to use it for some. It's fair set and I say I could take it double that and still be fine.
    Edited by FeedbackOnly on October 4, 2021 1:44AM