Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

kynmarcher could/should inflict major brittle

Jman100582
Jman100582
✭✭✭✭
So currently the set can inflict either major breach, major cowardice, major defile, major maim, and major vulnerability. While all these debuffs are good for a variety of reasons, most of them are relatively easy to attain through other means/group comps. However major brittle is still not sourced despite minor brittle having been in the game for a substantial amount of time already, and this set just feels like it would be a nice way to introduce it. Seeing as how major breach is such an easy debuff to get in both pvp and pve, I don't think this set having it makes too much of a difference in either of those environments. If you were to replace it with major brittle, it would definitely make the set way more appealing as a whole and kind of put it out there more
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bizzare thing with this set is how not all the buffs are in any way equal. It's like an offensive version of Daedric Trickery, but ZOS just threw a dart at a board with a bunch of Major debuffs and decided those ones would work. The difference between Major Breach and Major Vulnerability is huge, for example.

That said, I'm not sure I would agree that it should inflict Major Brittle, considering it's going to be very easy to get to the new 125% cap in a PvE raid, at least, even Minor Brittle might not be so impactful in the future, depending on what others buffs/debuffs are being used. Considering its RNG selection of what debuffs get applied you can't really plan around having it, either, in any context.
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i feel like major brittle isn't worth much anymore. probably okay for like a solo skill though or something to that effect.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • AinSoph
    AinSoph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jman100582 wrote: »
    So currently the set can inflict either major breach, major cowardice, major defile, major maim, and major vulnerability. While all these debuffs are good for a variety of reasons, most of them are relatively easy to attain through other means/group comps. However major brittle is still not sourced despite minor brittle having been in the game for a substantial amount of time already, and this set just feels like it would be a nice way to introduce it. Seeing as how major breach is such an easy debuff to get in both pvp and pve, I don't think this set having it makes too much of a difference in either of those environments. If you were to replace it with major brittle, it would definitely make the set way more appealing as a whole and kind of put it out there more

Major Mangle, magickasteal, lifesteal, hinderance, enervation, and uncertainty all crying in the corner
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    re-thinking about it. Major Brittle could now be pretty viable on icy rage if you coordinated it with the support's major force to try and maximise uptime on the max crit dmg cap without major brittle being OP.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on September 28, 2021 7:03AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    re-thinking about it. Major Brittle could now be pretty viable on icy rage if you coordinated it with the support's major force to try and maximise uptime on the max crit dmg cap without major brittle being OP.
    It's going to be very easy to hit cap. With just a couple pieces medium, still using Kilt, having Major Force, Minor Brittle, Elemental Catalyst, etc. you won't even need Backstabber because you'll be over cap. It doesn't even take much thought to get over cap, just do what you're currently doing in most coordinated raids and you'll get there (e.g. stay as Khajiit, go one piece medium, backstabber, fighting finesse, etc.). You could swap out Kilt for Malacath's Band if you had Major Brittle, but... well, here's the issue: It's not going to be possible to coordinate it with supports' Warhorns for Major Force because it's RNG as to what debuff you'll get. You'll want Major Force up as often as possible or during burst phases. Meaning you simply might not have a Horn/Saxhleel when, or even if, the set gives you Major Brittle.

I've tested this for a couple hours, each test was 10 minutes long. It's about as random as psudo-random can get. Sometimes Major Vulnerability didn't even proc. Sometimes it was the highest proc at 40%+. A lot of the time it was one of the non-offensive debuffs, Maim or Cowardice that took the high spots. Even if ZOS were to get rid of the non-offensive debuffs and only have significant damage increasing debuffs, you still can't really coordinate around having any specific debuff at any time, which makes it less effective than a set you know you can have Buff A or Buff B 80%-100% of the time.
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Troodon80 wrote: »
    It's going to be very easy to hit cap. With just a couple pieces medium, still using Kilt, having Major Force, Minor Brittle, Elemental Catalyst, etc. you won't even need Backstabber because you'll be over cap. It doesn't even take much thought to get over cap, just do what you're currently doing in most coordinated raids and you'll get there (e.g. stay as Khajiit, go one piece medium, backstabber, fighting finesse, etc.). You could swap out Kilt for Malacath's Band if you had Major Brittle, but... well, here's the issue: It's not going to be possible to coordinate it with supports' Warhorns for Major Force because it's RNG as to what debuff you'll get. You'll want Major Force up as often as possible or during burst phases. Meaning you simply might not have a Horn/Saxhleel when, or even if, the set gives you Major Brittle.

I've tested this for a couple hours, each test was 10 minutes long. It's about as random as psudo-random can get. Sometimes Major Vulnerability didn't even proc. Sometimes it was the highest proc at 40%+. A lot of the time it was one of the non-offensive debuffs, Maim or Cowardice that took the high spots. Even if ZOS were to get rid of the non-offensive debuffs and only have significant damage increasing debuffs, you still can't really coordinate around having any specific debuff at any time, which makes it less effective than a set you know you can have Buff A or Buff B 80%-100% of the time.

i don't think the set should be given major brittle. but i think icy rage could be opened up to it.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't think the set should be given major brittle. but i think icy rage could be opened up to it.
    Maybe. That was the standard consensus from what I've seen. Maybe even a morph of Warden's Sleet Storm.

But so far as this set goes, unfortuantely there isn't much reason to use it. Much like 90% of the sets in this game.
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
  • FeedbackOnly
    FeedbackOnly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like another way to get major brittle outside the ice staff.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like another way to get major brittle outside the ice staff.

you can't get major brittle at all. minor brittle should stay within the ice staff because it literally makes frost dps viable. now that the crit cap can be reached several different ways, there's no reason to give minor brittle to anything else.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alternatively Northern Storm could be given Major Brittle instead of Major Protection. That would put magdens in a similar spot to Necros with their exclusive Major Vulnerability.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

Alternatively Northern Storm could be given Major Brittle instead of Major Protection. That would put magdens in a similar spot to Necros with their exclusive Major Vulnerability.

They'd also need to buff northern storm itself as well if they take major protection off it. As a 200 cost ultimate it's definitely worse than other similar options in pve. I'd experiment with dropping the cost down a bit. Just major brittle itself wouldn't be enough now with a crit cap. Since you'd probably mainly use it/coordinate when group major force runs out.
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They'd also need to buff northern storm itself as well if they take major protection off it. As a 200 cost ultimate it's definitely worse than other similar options in pve. I'd experiment with dropping the cost down a bit. Just major brittle itself wouldn't be enough now with a crit cap. Since you'd probably mainly use it/coordinate when group major force runs out.

It would be in a tough spot, it would be quite an underpowered ulti in an optimised group but risks being OP for soloing if it's too cheap and adds, what, 20% crit damage taken?
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ajkb78 wrote: »

It would be in a tough spot, it would be quite an underpowered ulti in an optimised group but risks being OP for soloing if it's too cheap and adds, what, 20% crit damage taken?

it might be about the same level as colossus in pve solo. so not too incredible but nice. it would offer sustained damage though and a more noticible damage buff to enemies with high crit chances, where as colossus buffs all damage a decent amount via vulnerability and does powerful burst damage. there's better options for both though but i'd say that for solo pve northern storm would probably come out on top. but the crit damage bonus is a lot less generally useful for pvp. probably best for groups like it's used now. but it'd be more offensive. and since it wouldn't give major protection either, you'd more vulnerable when using the ultimate, i think it'd need some sort of statistic buff to make it more worth using. maybe even duration.

the nature of major brittle is different in trials, since you'd probably save it for when horn goes down otherwise you'd be wasting the buff. major vuln is similar in that you'd rotate them, but major brittle is essentially just another source of major force that dps could use and you'd probably not even need it in most cases.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on September 30, 2021 1:02PM