The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How can ZOS charge us for poor quality skins?

RaikaNA
RaikaNA
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm sorry but due to the poor quality of this skin... it rightfully belongs in the free daily logins reward category... I'd be embarrassed if I were to charge people RL money for this kind of quality.

S5W2xUk.png

Show some respect to your customers, ZOS. this is embarrassing! How can you charge us 100 gems for this!?!??!?!?!
Edited by RaikaNA on September 25, 2021 12:32AM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The green matte underneath the vines looks unfinished.

NJsQezH.png
    PC NA
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as long as it sells
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaikaNA wrote: »
    I'm sorry but due to the poor quality of this skin... it rightfully belongs in the free daily logins reward category... I'd be embarrassed if I were to charge people RL money for this kind of quality.

S5W2xUk.png

Show some respect to your customers, ZOS. this is embarrassing! How can you charge us 100 gems for this!?!??!?!?!

Although I agree with you, you have no idea to what degree people are willing to spend money on just to feel they haven't missed out (called FOMO; Fear Of Missing Out) and to the degree people feel they want it just because "it's there". Most achievements in ESO are the same thing, where some people do it just because it's there, not because it's actually tied to anything substantial. Chasing those achievements creates more player engagement, which in turn creates bigger chances of further monetization. Whether that's directly (the player is buying something) or indirectly (when someone else gets influenced by others to buy something) through social processes when we engage with other players.
    ZOS knows this (to be fair, most other companies too) and that's why they do it; some people will still spend money on it no matter what.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I think the skin looks just fine in combination with the viridian tattoos; they seem to have been made just for this skin (and since they are in the same crown crate season, it's pretty possible, isn't it).
    Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on September 25, 2021 1:14PM
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Dragonredux
    Dragonredux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the first time and most likely won't be last. Still remember that one Kyne's Aegis based skin that looked like some bad photoshop job.
  • Syrpynt
    Syrpynt
    ✭✭✭
    Not the first time and most likely won't be last. Still remember that one Kyne's Aegis based skin that looked like some bad photoshop job.

LIGHTNING TATTS.
    Gotta match it with my DK's Ed Hardy Outfit, bro.

Yeah, and this new skin is pretty lame sadly. I'd prefer the plague skin and justify it as a "fungus" for my warden before I put this skin on.
  • Rexicom
    Rexicom
    ✭✭
    Maybe I'm the odd one out but I don't see anything wrong with it? I like the contrast between the two colors, and how "leafy" the green part looks.
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    People pay so they will keep pushing out crown store items
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually really like it, this is my attempt at a wood nymph-ish being :D

5eworNw.jpg
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • jackiemanuel
    jackiemanuel
    ✭✭✭
    Simple answer: Because we're stupid enough to keep buying the crates and other overpriced crap.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO most skins are ugly and/or way too much for a character to be walking around in Tamriel. Even what was supposed to be a Maormer skin looks to me like a magic experiment gone wrong on top of scaly patches of some skin disease.

But I think many players prefer to have a character that stands out in some way and I have seen characters that looked cool even if not anything one would expect to meet in Tamriel! To each their own. :)
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's way too smooth and shiny and feels really unfinished. It's not the worst concept but it really needed to be given another pass or several. It almost looks like some stock material someone would slap on a 3D model.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • aipex8_ESO
    aipex8_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use it on a character, it's okay:
    AM-JKLVfYGyR8XHgmvW2U0Kt9zTNibDWoc44o_CJpPl4YpOLWauh4Fg4iY4G0ZCqoEeo4oy9OyU5zjVuBbwfT5JZhIUbEO7deILVL9cP7cVOZhBl-P3YFPrOGJQepujzaIgqJ89F4aougoAa430mcoXYftEj_g=w1196-h951-no?authuser=0
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    aipex8_ESO wrote: »
    AM-JKLVfYGyR8XHgmvW2U0Kt9zTNibDWoc44o_CJpPl4YpOLWauh4Fg4iY4G0ZCqoEeo4oy9OyU5zjVuBbwfT5JZhIUbEO7deILVL9cP7cVOZhBl-P3YFPrOGJQepujzaIgqJ89F4aougoAa430mcoXYftEj_g=w1196-h951-no?authuser=0

That right there, is legit!
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see nothing wrong with the skin. Perhaps your standards are too high?

And Zeni sells other actually poorly modeled items because Whales have proven they don't care as long as they get it. Like it or not, Whales are what enables Zeni's marketing setup.

What armour is that? Looks pretty cool!
    Edited by DreamsUnderStars on October 28, 2021 6:16PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What armour is that? Looks pretty cool!

I think it’s the chitin armor also from the crates.

And I agree, cool character! Shows again that skins I personally couldn’t see using are put to good use by other players! :)
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who prefers the look of this skin compared to most the others? I like the look of smoothness like with Dro'mathra etc. The ones that give texture, which seems to be most of them, look pretty ugly imo... Like I'm ancient and leather. I don't care if it's "more effort." I will not wear them.

But, perhaps it just boils down to tastes?
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like it except for the neck. I find it very jarring and it kind of ruins it for me.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.