The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Update 32 - Feedback Thread for New Item Sets & Mythic Items

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for itemization and the new item sets and three new Mythic items. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Which of the new item sets did you try out, and what did you think of them?
  • Which of the Mythic Items did you use, what was your build/playstyle, and what content did you run?
  • Did anything you received feel under or over-powered?
  • Would you include any of the new item sets or Mythics in any of your current builds?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 21, 2021 2:45PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for itemization and the new item sets and three new Mythic items. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Do you have any other general feedback?
    It's a shame that we still have no full setlist for "no proc" areas.
    It's a shame if Sithis in "no proc" is working with the mega buff that block mitigration is working.
    (I'm not sure it's still the case?)
    It's a shame if we have to find out ourself for every new item set and mythic if they are working in "no proc" or not.

Please give us for every new set in the future the information if that set will work in "no proc" area or not.
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • Rebiludo
    Rebiludo
    ✭✭✭
    Hope for a split second then huge disappointment seeing Belharza’s Band. Heavy attacks were too nerfed with CP 2.0 and it's mythical object was the opportunity to bring back the only existing alternative to spammable.

Please remove the second effect and make it improve heavy attacks as well :)
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Wrong thread, apologies]
    Edited by CyberOnEso on September 21, 2021 6:06PM
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Camelord
    Camelord
    ✭✭
    Can't find Deadlands Demolisher, found the other 2 set tables. Either behind some doors i couldnt go through because i was "missing requirements" (no quest around that i could see) or bc i'm blind
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would you include any of the new Mythics in any of your current builds?

Nope, because none of the new mythics offer any fun or interesting changes to a build. I'd prefer to see mythic items that offer a new way to approach combat and include fun alterations to builds. For example:

One Bar Mythic
    A mythic item that grants you important major buffs like Major Brutality/Sorcery, Major Savagery/Prophecy, and Major Resolve, but forces you to play a one bar build (5 skills and 1 ultimate).
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One Bar Mythic
    A mythic item that grants you important major buffs like Major Brutality/Sorcery, Major Savagery/Prophecy, and Major Resolve, but forces you to play a one bar build (5 skills and 1 ultimate).

Sadly, since the goto seems to be item sets to solve pvp issues, i'm pretty sure this would solve a lot of performance grievances for pvp lol.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belharza’s Band gonna sell the DLC - from my tests the power is comparable to Kilt, while being 100% active without doing nothing with no downsides and secondary effect seem useless in an actual fight. Molag Kena has a similar proc condition and it's awkward already with just 2 LA to activate.
    If its gonna go live in this state I'll welcome it and use it, but I think it shouldn't give just free damage without any work involved.
  • Rebiludo
    Rebiludo
    ✭✭✭
    It should... for HA only :smiley:
    Edited by Rebiludo on September 22, 2021 4:37AM
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed in the craftable Deadlands Demolisher set.

Granted, a lot of that may be just that I had high expectations, but I'd have liked if the tooltip would have stated the radius of the conal interrupt on bash. I was expecting a sizeable cone that would finally allow characters without a ranged interrupt weapon to do ranged interrupts, and all I got was a melee-radius interrupt that covers about as much space as Deep Breath, but in about a 135° arc instead of circular.

Please put the radius in the tooltip for that.

Of course, I'd love if it would be possible for that to have a thinner but longer cone (something like 60° for 28m) so it could be used as a ranged interrupt. Also if it could proc on a bash with or without a target (as in you could just R/L click and get the cone to interrupt someone far away without another enemy in your face). A weapon- and class- neutral ranged interrupt is sorely needed.

So many places in game have moved towards needing ranged interrupts — three of the last four dungeons have had boss encounters where the mechanics involve interrupting at range, which seriously hurts melee builds. With the hybridization that's going around, it seems like ZOS is heavily leaning into 'play as you want,' but the mechanics for group content are leaning much closer to 'melee builds not welcome.' A true ranged interrupt, available to all classes and weapons, would really help that rather than forcing characters to level and play a weapon style that they may not like. As such, I thought this set might be the answer... but it's not.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed in the craftable Deadlands Demolisher set.

Granted, a lot of that may be just that I had high expectations, but I'd have liked if the tooltip would have stated the radius of the conal interrupt on bash. I was expecting a sizeable cone that would finally allow characters without a ranged interrupt weapon to do ranged interrupts, and all I got was a melee-radius interrupt that covers about as much space as Deep Breath, but in about a 135° arc instead of circular.

Please put the radius in the tooltip for that.

Of course, I'd love if it would be possible for that to have a thinner but longer cone (something like 60° for 28m) so it could be used as a ranged interrupt. Also if it could proc on a bash with or without a target (as in you could just R/L click and get the cone to interrupt someone far away without another enemy in your face). A weapon- and class- neutral ranged interrupt is sorely needed.

So many places in game have moved towards needing ranged interrupts — three of the last four dungeons have had boss encounters where the mechanics involve interrupting at range, which seriously hurts melee builds. With the hybridization that's going around, it seems like ZOS is heavily leaning into 'play as you want,' but the mechanics for group content are leaning much closer to 'melee builds not welcome.' A true ranged interrupt, available to all classes and weapons, would really help that rather than forcing characters to level and play a weapon style that they may not like. As such, I thought this set might be the answer... but it's not.

It has the same problem that Hex Siphon has with respect to the very short and narrow Bash conal.
    Edited by YandereGirlfriend on September 22, 2021 5:11PM
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    Belharza’s Band gonna sell the DLC - from my tests the power is comparable to Kilt, while being 100% active without doing nothing with no downsides and secondary effect seem useless in an actual fight. Molag Kena has a similar proc condition and it's awkward already with just 2 LA to activate.
    If its gonna go live in this state I'll welcome it and use it, but I think it shouldn't give just free damage without any work involved.

I wonder if it stacks with Overload. I could see just ignoring the stacking mechanic of melee light attacks altogether and running this with Ele weapon and Overload on a mag sorc and just wrecking people with light attacks and something like Kjalnar's.

May need to be limited to melee light attacks only getting the damage added. Or disallowing it stacking with overload.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feedback for Markyn Ring of Majesty:

I attempted to do some theory crafting around this item and found that it doesn't have a lot of 3 Piece set options that you can run with it.

The one setup I could come up with is running Willpower 3x (Weapons and 1 Jewelry), Trainee 3x (1 Jewelry and 2 body pieces), and one 5 piece set of your choice. The problem is that most 3 piece sets are weapons and jewelry which means that Trainee is really the only other 3 piece set you can use with it since it is the only one with body pieces. Obviously you can run 3/5 of a 5 piece set, but it would be nice if all of the other 3 piece sets had body pieces so you could have more options to maximize it.

I feel like the best way to run this set would be to just use it with two 5 Piece sets and "only" take 200 Damage and 2k resists. Which is fine, but doesn't make me feel like it is a "Mythic" item, and doesn't feel like I am maximizing the potential of the item.
    Playing since beta...
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kojou wrote: »

I attempted to do some theory crafting around this item and found that it doesn't have a lot of 3 Piece set options that you can run with it.

The one setup I could come up with is running Willpower 3x (Weapons and 1 Jewelry), Trainee 3x (1 Jewelry and 2 body pieces), and one 5 piece set of your choice. The problem is that most 3 piece sets are weapons and jewelry which means that Trainee is really the only other 3 piece set you can use with it since it is the only one with body pieces. Obviously you can run 3/5 of a 5 piece set, but it would be nice if all of the other 3 piece sets had body pieces so you could have more options to maximize it.

I feel like the best way to run this set would be to just use it with two 5 Piece sets and "only" take 200 Damage and 2k resists. Which is fine, but doesn't make me feel like it is a "Mythic" item, and doesn't feel like I am maximizing the potential of the item.

I believe that you can use 3 pieces of any 5p set to meet the criteria as well.
  • Jman100582
    Jman100582
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah theres two main issues with Markyn. one is that 3 piece sets dont cover the whole body. and 2, the mythic itself isnt very strong. Im not sure what zos designed it or balanced it around, but if the goal was to make people wear like 3 different 3 piece sets, like say 3 piece witch-knight + 3 piece dreugh king slayer + 3 agility (so more or less all weapon dmg bonuses) then you would think the power of the mythic would compensate for not running the full 5 piece bonus of one or two sets. Which it doesnt, 300 weapon dmg and 3k armor is the equivalent of a single 5 piece bonus...not two. Maybe if instead of giving a boost for every 3 piece, it gave a boost to each individual a stat the 2-4 pieces of a set gave you. Like 1.5x the normal amount. That or maybe just buff the original mythic to like 150-175 weapon dmg per 3 piece and 1.5k armor per 3 piece

EDIT: I should also add the mythic will only give the bonus if the 3 piece set is ACTIVE. Meaning if say you run 1 potentate ring and 2 piece potentates on the backbar and you barswap, you lose that 100 weapon dmg and 1.1k armor that Makryn gives you. Not sure if this is intentional or not, but for the mythic being so weak as it is it makes it even less worthwhile
    Edited by Jman100582 on September 25, 2021 1:35AM
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re Markyn:

Yeah, I've been trying to just come up with some basic build templates in my head that could make the ring worth it, and not really coming up with anything solid.

So, you'd want the full benefit you can get out of it. That means there are 11 slots to play around with—7 body, 2 jewelry, 2 weapon. The max number of 3rd piece bonuses you can get is 3, meaning Markyn provides 300 W/SD and 3471 Resistances. Obviously you'd also want to maximize the number of complete-set bonuses (5th piece or 3rd piece) you can since those provide the highest stat bonuses or procs or other benefits.

If you equip a 5-piece set, you'd want to do it all on the body. Then you'd want to equip a 3-piece set on the neck and weapons. That leaves 3 pieces for either an incomplete set or trainee. (So, pretty much what kojou said above). It's only setup I can think of that would make some sense. It wouldn't be bad (depending on the sets), but would Markyn be worth missing out on a Monster Helm, another Mythic, or the standard 5+5+2 setup?

I get that the trickiness in building for it is part of how the power it provides is balanced. I just question whether it provides enough power to be worth slotting compared to other Mythics.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Belzharza’s Band:

This set now automatically fires when you reach 5 stacks, rather than requiring you to do a Fully Charged Heavy Attack to trigger it after generating any stack.
    Increased the damage by approximately 14% compared to the previous max stacks value.
    This portion of the set now has a 10 second cooldown, up from 4 seconds.
    Note: For additional context, we also plan on slightly reducing the Light Attack damage bonus to 900, down from 1185 in next week’s patch.

I see what you are trying to do here, but I have a couple issues with the design.

1. 5 light attacks in succession is probably a DPS loss in most cases, unless the proc > 5 spammables. Which on my Templar on PTS is about 5.9K unbuffed, so its not very epic.

2. This also has the potential to open up a Nightblade burst combo where a player can light attack 5 times and fire Merciless Resolve (spectral arrow) and have both hit at the same time.

So my conclusion is that this will either be worth it for the light attack damage (or it might not because of next week's nerf) or it will be a set Nightblades use to delete noobs as it stands.

Edit:

One more issue... It does not proc off of staves even if you are in melee range. You have to actually use a melee weapon.
    Edited by kojou on September 27, 2021 4:09PM
    Playing since beta...
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It oddly pairs really nicely with a typical non proc Mag Sorc setup. Running a third piece of trainee instead of domihaus 1 piece, alongside Alfiq and Ancient Grace.

Unfortunately, the 300 spell damage you get with it just doesn't really seem beneficial over either running Sithis for armor and max health or death dealers for max stats across the board. Maybe if the spell damage were upped to 150 or even 200 per stack, I could see it being more useful. As it is, probably going to pass. And I don't see many classes dropping a set bonus for 200 or 300 spell/weapon damage. Especially when in most cases they could just run something that gives that that damage without having to not wear set pieces.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belzharza’s Band:

This set now automatically fires when you reach 5 stacks, rather than requiring you to do a Fully Charged Heavy Attack to trigger it after generating any stack.
    Increased the damage by approximately 14% compared to the previous max stacks value.
    Note: For additional context, we also plan on slightly reducing the Light Attack damage bonus to 900, down from 1185 in next week’s patch.

I see what you are trying to do here, but I have a couple issues with the design.

1. 5 light attacks in succession is probably a DPS loss in most cases, unless the proc > 5 spammables. Which on my Templar on PTS is about 5.9K unbuffed, so its not very epic.

2. This also has the potential to open up a Nightblade burst combo where a player can light attack 5 times and fire Merciless Resolve (spectral arrow) and have both hit at the same time.

So my conclusion is that this will either be worth it for the light attack damage (or it might not because of next week's nerf) or it will be a set Nightblades use to delete noobs as it stands.

Even on a Nightblade, 5 consecutive melee light attacks is pretty crazy. I could see this being really good if it allowed ranged light attacks. A bow and stave build could stack and burst with the set and arrow. But with melee, who is going to be able to hold in melee range for 5 straight light attacks and hit with nothing else? I doubt it will really be useful for the proc.

Now, even with the light attack damage nerf, I still think this has some interesting potential. You could go all in on light attack damage and something like overload, ele weapon on a sorc. Could be pretty powerful but still rather niche.
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

It oddly pairs really nicely with a typical non proc Mag Sorc setup. Running a third piece of trainee instead of domihaus 1 piece, alongside Alfiq and Ancient Grace.

Unfortunately, the 300 spell damage you get with it just doesn't really seem beneficial over either running Sithis for armor and max health or death dealers for max stats across the board. Maybe if the spell damage were upped to 150 or even 200 per stack, I could see it being more useful. As it is, probably going to pass. And I don't see many classes dropping a set bonus for 200 or 300 spell/weapon damage. Especially when in most cases they could just run something that gives that that damage without having to not wear set pieces.

Agreed (esp. with the bolded part). Yes, it provides an armor bonus in addition to the SD/WD bonus, but even still the current form feels lackluster. I'd prefer 200 per stack, but even 150 would make it slightly more appealing.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Belzharza’s Band:

Even on a Nightblade, 5 consecutive melee light attacks is pretty crazy. I could see this being really good if it allowed ranged light attacks. A bow and stave build could stack and burst with the set and arrow. But with melee, who is going to be able to hold in melee range for 5 straight light attacks and hit with nothing else? I doubt it will really be useful for the proc.

Now, even with the light attack damage nerf, I still think this has some interesting potential. You could go all in on light attack damage and something like overload, ele weapon on a sorc. Could be pretty powerful but still rather niche.

That's why I said "delete noobs" because anyone that knows what they are doing isn't going to stand there and let you get 5 melee light attacks off...

I can't imagine anyone using a melee sorc overload build... maybe with the right combination of sets it would work, but I doubt it would be optimal.
    Playing since beta...
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belzharza’s Band:

That's why I said "delete noobs" because anyone that knows what they are doing isn't going to stand there and let you get 5 melee light attacks off...

I can't imagine anyone using a melee sorc overload build... maybe with the right combination of sets it would work, but I doubt it would be optimal.

The light attack damage that the mythic adds works on all light attacks. So if you ignore the actual proc and just use this for the damage augment it may find some use. So an extra 900 damage on overload isn't bad. Like an 8% increase to Overload damage based on my current tooltip from live.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Belzharza’s Band:

The light attack damage that the mythic adds works on all light attacks. So if you ignore the actual proc and just use this for the damage augment it may find some use. So an extra 900 damage on overload isn't bad. Like an 8% increase to Overload damage based on my current tooltip from live.

I get that, but then we are back to just using it for the light attack damage which according to the patch notes is what they are trying to address.
    Playing since beta...
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spaulder of Ruin:

This set now reduces your Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery by 70 for each ally in the area, rather than your Weapon and Spell Damage. \
    Fixed an issue where this set could apply to pets and friendly NPCs.
    Fixed an issue where the effect could linger on allies after you died.

I thought this was OK the way it was before. Now it is a set that a raid lead is going to expect tanks to run that will make tanking more miserable.
    Playing since beta...
  • Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    Spaulder of Ruin:
    I thought this was OK the way it was before. Now it is a set that a raid lead is going to expect tanks to run that will make tanking more miserable.

A raid lead worth their salt isn't going to require this at all in this mythic's current state. That's a loss of 700 magicka recovery if 10 people are within the proc area and most tanks would not be willing to take that hit. Four man content would be a different story as that loss is more manageable, but as of right now I think a raid lead who wants this mythic would ask the Roaring Opportunity healer to wear it. Since the ROJO healer heavy attacks often they can more comfortably eat the loss of magicka recovery.
  • Rebiludo
    Rebiludo
    ✭✭✭
    Skelfish wrote: »
    Spaulder of Ruin:

A raid lead worth their salt isn't going to require this at all in this mythic's current state. That's a loss of 700 magicka recovery if 10 people are within the proc area and most tanks would not be willing to take that hit. Four man content would be a different story as that loss is more manageable, but as of right now I think a raid lead who wants this mythic would ask the Roaring Opportunity healer to wear it. Since the ROJO healer heavy attacks often they can more comfortably eat the loss of magicka recovery.

"1 – Activating Crouch toggles on and off a 12 meter Aura of Pride. Up to 6 allies in the aura gain 260 Weapon and Spell Damage."
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Markyn Ring of Majesty clearly needs to be an armor piece, the fact that this set is built to synergize with 3 piece sets but all the 3 piece sets are jewelry and this is a ring taking 1/3 jewelry slots is criminal! Poor set design on the devs!
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Markyn Ring of Majesty clearly needs to be an armor piece, the fact that this set is built to synergize with 3 piece sets but all the 3 piece sets are jewelry and this is a ring taking 1/3 jewelry slots is criminal! Poor set design on the devs!

All Jewelry sets (IIRC) also come as weapons, making 2-Weapon + Neckace/Ring possible.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »

All Jewelry sets (IIRC) also come as weapons, making 2-Weapon + Neckace/Ring possible.

Plus, the best you could ever possibly do with this set is 3 stacks of the buff.

There are 12 gear slots. Add in the mythic and you now have 11 slots. But only 3+ pieces count. So even if you ran all 3 piece sets, you would still have 2 slots left over. Best set up will be a 5 piece, 3 piece trainee, and 3 piece weapon set with 1 jewelry and weapon(s).

Even if it were an armor piece, you would still run trainee + 3 piece weapon set + 5 piece set. Unless you really wanted to run a monster set and only wear 3 pieces of a 5 piece set.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skelfish wrote: »
    Spaulder of Ruin:

That's a good point, the player running Roaring Opportunist is already masochistic, so they will like running this as well.
    Playing since beta...
  • Cuddler
    Cuddler
    ✭✭✭

150 or even 200 per stack would be massively overtuned. The Markyn ring in its current state is already BiS for many PVE and PVP builds, specifically those who can't lose block mitigation wearing Sithis and do not care much about secondary stats from Fete. Fete is also mediocre in content where you frequently exit combat.