The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 32 - Feedback Thread for the Armory

• Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Station looks lovely

The statement "Failed to equip build" is too general. Having just respecced everything, saved it and then gone back to previously saved build to be confronted with this message was disheartening and gave no real information as to how to solve it.
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding
    Updated the camera for the Armory Assistant that was causing various edge case camera issues.

I don't think the solution is to have the camera stay fixed on Grashorog. I hope you will make it so we can again see our character.
    oivjapaogxbt.png

It looks especially bad on the controller interface with the UI covering Grashorog.
    l7ot4yom8qla.png
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Namiridite
    Namiridite
    Soul Shriven
    As a PC Player
    I really love this as a new feature. It does not prevent me from using my add-ons if I want to switch for trash fights v boss fights but is very useful if I want to switch between PvE and PvP or healer and dd for example.

Collectibles
    I know you mentioned this in your twitch stream, but I don't feel like it was covered appropriately. Yes, switching your mount out is quite simple in itself, but I can't be the only player who likes to change multiple collectibles with each outfit - mount, pet, hairstyle. If you can switch all that out with one build, then you're more likely to want to buy new mounts, accessories etc to go with your different outfits. Simply by allowing us to save outfits with each build you are recognising that many players enjoy switching their appearance for different characters. What do you lose by doing this?

Mundus Stones
    If I am to understand correctly, the reason that Mundus stones cannot be saved is so that people will still need in-house Mundus. Perhaps there is a way around this: if you allowed people to load a build with a different mundus on the condition that they own that Mundus, similar to having armour in your inventory. If anything this would push more people to get in-house Mundus, instead of simply relying on their guildhouse to have them all.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Namiridite wrote: »
    As a PC Player
    I really love this as a new feature. It does not prevent me from using my add-ons if I want to switch for trash fights v boss fights but is very useful if I want to switch between PvE and PvP or healer and dd for example.

Collectibles
    I know you mentioned this in your twitch stream, but I don't feel like it was covered appropriately. Yes, switching your mount out is quite simple in itself, but I can't be the only player who likes to change multiple collectibles with each outfit - mount, pet, hairstyle. If you can switch all that out with one build, then you're more likely to want to buy new mounts, accessories etc to go with your different outfits. Simply by allowing us to save outfits with each build you are recognising that many players enjoy switching their appearance for different characters. What do you lose by doing this?

Mundus Stones
    If I am to understand correctly, the reason that Mundus stones cannot be saved is so that people will still need in-house Mundus. Perhaps there is a way around this: if you allowed people to load a build with a different mundus on the condition that they own that Mundus, similar to having armour in your inventory. If anything this would push more people to get in-house Mundus, instead of simply relying on their guildhouse to have them all.

I asked about the mundus - there are challenges at the moment because it is seen by the game as a buff rather than something equipped. They also said it wouldn't fit in the timescales to fit into update 32 but is definitely being discussed
    Soupy twist
  • TROJAN_KNIGHT
    TROJAN_KNIGHT
    Soul Shriven
    The Armory is a great addition to the game and its function, but it has a large impact on inventory management.

1. You only have two slots, and you must buy the other 8, there should be three slots because of your three classes Tank, DPS and Healer.
    2. It should have its own inventory or at least per slot 15 inventory spaces, and because you are already charging for additional slots, 15 inventory spaces should be given per slot so that would mean at the end of the day it would have a total of 150 inventory spaces.
    3. If this is not possible, can the chest be programmed, the ones that you get that have 30 and 60 inventory spaces and put a check mark on it or something that you can link it to your Armory so when you take off your equipment or want to change it, it'll pull it or put it in that chest. Because if you wish to change one of your characters set up and you want to change to another character and you forgot to take out one of the pieces, then you have to login logout because you forgot something and doesn't matter if you're on console or PC it does take up some time logging in and logging out.

And on a side note, we need 100 space inventory chests, four would be nice. This would be a better option if you guys can't change the programming from the old inventory chest just make new ones with more space that can be linked up with the Armory. 3000 crowns each or 350 writs.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Three changes are required.

1. Get Mundus Stone into the Armory. I'm honestly shocked it's being released with a core part of build-making missing, but whatever, it needs to be added sooner rather than later.
    2. Provide someway to change slots in activities like Trials and PVP. If not through an assistant, then some NPC located there.
    3. Make the armory slot expansions account bound. Cuts down on support tickets when people inevitably delete a toon and want that slot back. Plus it makes you guys look less focused monetization and more concerned with player utility.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to make one point. I think there would be nothing wrong with getting armory stations in PvP starting locations - I mean Cyrodiil and Imperial City. Banning the use of assistant there is absolutely right, but the lack of these stations in the starting locations significantly reduces the attractiveness of this feature, because it is in those places that changing the build is the most difficult due to queues, lack of NPCs providing morph changes etc. This would be a really good addition and incentive to buy more slots.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Fabi95
    Fabi95
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have any other general feedback?

Yes, something I have (and heard) concerns about. On the test server I saw that the armory currently has only two free slots available, is this intended later for release? Since the game has three class roles (damage, healer, tank), I feel that the armory system should naturally allow everyone to adjust their build for any of the three major roles. If people like more than three slots, then yes it's very understandable to have these buyable upgrade slots. Because three slots would be sufficient, since the three class roles are part of the whole game.

Having only two free slots though does feel like a paywall. In my perception, this does go against the nature of the "not being a pay to win title" statement that was recently said in a livestream, as this will lead to situations where people only have (for example) a healer or damage build, but no tank build. Dungeon guilds will then favor people who have more slots unlocked and who can switch their build to everything in an instant. It would be awesome if this scenario is considered for the sake of fairness towards everyone.

Of course there is the option that people can just pay or limit themselves with their build, or that they use another character. Unfortunately in reality, not all people will have that unlocked, especially because armory slots are per character. And not all have multiple characters that are strong enough. Therefore it would be very appreciated if you can consider to allow players to fulfill each role as intended by offering three free armory slots instead of two. Apart from that, I feel the armory system is an absolutely great quality-of-life improvement and can't wait to see it on the live server. Thank you!
    Edited by Fabi95 on October 18, 2021 9:19PM
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

Submitted an in game bug report but found an issue when using the new system.
    I set up the new furnishing in my home and set up 2 builds - 1 DPS and 1 Tank.
    Both had the same CP set up and armour but different skills and attributes.
    I could swap between them easy enough and all worked.
    When i travelled to another zone i used the assistant to do the same swap.
    When i go back into my CP i see the values being hugely over and above the CP cap and my own CP cap. I was also able to spend these CP amounts as well.

When i ported back to my house I got a message about CP resetting and then the values in my blue CP tree were strange. The Crit Chance value was at -970. I forgot to screenshot this though.

Utlimately everything did eventually reset back to my normal CP and I wasnt able to continue to replicate it.

p1x2tjh1qzk0.jpg
    kdxwz2sp2wdm.jpg

Edited by Parrot1986 on October 30, 2021 9:07AM
  • TheCommentator
    TheCommentator
    ✭✭✭
    Having the same issue as the post above, personally I equipped a "Blank" Armory slot - wonder if it has anything to do with that?
  • TheCommentator
    TheCommentator
    ✭✭✭
    So after using a blank armoury template, upon travelling to a new instance you receive the numeric max of CPS
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
  • VictarionDayne
    VictarionDayne
    Soul Shriven

[*] Do you have any other general feedback?
    [/list]

Yes, I do.

I have read almost all posts about “Armory” and there are lots of toughts about it, some mentions “P2W” and a lot of feedback about usage of hotkeys instead of summon a assistant and interact, mundus change option and much more. I respect them all.

As a PC Player; I have similar tools and addons for years and some of them much more efficient than the “Armory” under certain circumstances. I can change my setup in split-second between adds and boss fights, even i can leave my dots on the ground or buff-up my team with skills which ones i have never gonna use otherwise just before the boss or adds spawns, than I can change my setup for actual boss fight and leave my extra dots and buffs etc. for the optimum start. I can change my setup for every single fight without loosing a second.Can you believe that? But of course you guys know that already. This is one of the most important part of the PC SUPREMACY on the LEADERBOARD SCORES, compared to other platforms.

As a Console Player; I have to contine like how it was from the beginning and scroll down between items in my inventory one-by-one and select each piece separately and skills of course, if its worth the change, compared to time i have to spend before the boss fight in the trials and arenas.

Our “Armory” used and still part of most MMORPG games under different names but with same princibles for many years. It is also part of our game in its own way and undercovered by “Add-on” title almost from the beginning. Difference is; it has a offical name now and a bit more all round covered. Definately it will be well used by all players and it will be help, thanks. If it is going to be restricted in the trials or arenas as it is now, it will never fulfill its purpose in the eyes of console players and it will not make any difference for the most.

At the end, I wish the best for the game I love along with opportunity of competitive EQUALİTY.
  • AleriSadasIndoril
    AleriSadasIndoril
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,
      [*] Were you able to easily find and obtain the Armory Station from the Crown Store and place it in your home?
      Yes
      [*] Similarly, were you able to easily obtain and use the Armory Assistant from the Crown Store and summon him in the world?
      Yes
      [*] Do you have any feedback on the process of saving and equipping different builds in the Armory UI?
      for me (and my chars) we need an optional account-wide conversion option!!!
      [*] Do you have any other general feedback?
      Companion personality expansions with (friendship, flirt, gifts, etc.) options in general or as a possible purchase option in the shop.

Home -space and graphic extensions as a possible purchase option in the shop, with the warning
      who has a poor PC / Console or a bad internet connection is not advised to buy ...

Aleri Sadas Indoril: - Sorcerer - Dunmer- Ebonheart Pact
      Aléri Sadas Indoril: - Templar -Dunmer- Ebonheart Pact
      Valérie Sadas Indoril: - Templar - Dunmer- Daggerfall Covenant
      Valérie Colomba: - Dragonknight - Redguard- Daggerfall Covenant
      S'sháni: - Nightblade - Khajiit - Aldmeri Dominion
      Shánij: - Templar - Khajiit - Aldmeri Dominion - Werewolf (immer einen Biss frei)
      Valéri Indoril - Templar - Dunmer - Aldmeri Dominion