The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 32 - Feedback Thread for the Armory

• Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the Armory. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Were you able to easily find and obtain the Armory Station from the Crown Store and place it in your home?
    • Similarly, were you able to easily obtain and use the Armory Assistant from the Crown Store and summon him in the world?
    • Do you have any feedback on the process of saving and equipping different builds in the Armory UI?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

1. Yes, easy to find/obtain.
    2. Yes, easy to find/obtain.

Feedback: I wanted to check both morphs for the whip to see which one is better and with previously purely stam sets, to check the functionality of switching builds and changing morphs and overwriting skills etc. well this happened when I wanted to overwrite the previously used loadout slot.

bbbo7rfpdpvh.png
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was excited to play with this as vamp and ww skill lines were both maxed ages ago and dropped and thought this might be a fun roleplay tool but alas.

Not sure what the armory is actually doing when it 'cures' you but apparently it does not have the capacity to save more than one curse.

It got me very excited and happy too because it actually worked perfectly right up until I zoned out of my house the first time.

Even bought a spare slot with no curse just in case the armory needed to cure before swapping and still nada.

Oh well, useless tool for this one, but thanks anyway!
    Sure the console peeps will enjoy it!
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Were you able to easily find and obtain the Armory Station from the Crown Store and place it in your home?
    Yup

Similarly, were you able to easily obtain and use the Armory Assistant from the Crown Store and summon him in the world?
    Yup

Do you have any feedback on the process of saving and equipping different builds in the Armory UI?
    Seems good. I like the sweetroll icon.

Do you have any other general feedback?
    Its VERY not okay that we have to pay for additional slots and to actually use the system outside of a player home. This is the most obvious "we've made this inconvenient so we can charge you for the solution" money grab ever. Especially since we know from the outfit system that the slots will be per character instead of account wide, as well as abhorrently over priced. Thankfully I'm not a console player so I can just ignore this money-grabbing waste of code, but its still seriously screwed up. It should have simply been part of the UI, even if it had to be part of eso plus. Could have been cool if it had been done right. Its too bad that Zo$ wastes their devs' talent on scams instead of improving the game.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    General Feedback, if you push this feature live with just 2 free slots, Final Fantasy 14 will have a permanent selling point over ESO - that being ease of switching to multiple specs at will. Tell that to the monetization team and higher-ups if they won't let you add more free slots.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Malmer
    Malmer
    ✭✭✭
    I see the potential in this feature but at the me or all my console friend are very disappointed that zos not permitted do use that feature in trials and arenas... Everyone wanted this feature for years on console (pc had it already) only to improve scores with not wasting time because swap out hole builds zos u guys over thinking this please I'm mean I'm happy to see that u look for something like that but we need to find away to permitted for trials and arenas as well because that it would be fair between console and pc... I'm mean not 100% because pc have in general more addons etc but like Statwise pc would be not have a advantage anymore because everyone can swap fast
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The feature is very nice and finally adds the possibility to have specialized specs (like DD, Tank, PvP) that dont conflict with each other.
    The problem i see is the inability to save mundus stones with builds. For different specs we might need different mundus stone for at least some of them. The lack of a saving option means that we cant simply switch, but also have to visit a mundus stone every time we need a change. This limits the use of the armor npc. This should be added to round up the system and realy make it a one click solution.
    I can also imagine that 2-10 slots might not be enought, especially for console players.
  • DVALITY
    DVALITY
    Soul Shriven
    Easy to find = Yes

Failing to load any of my saved setups every time.

100% need to add Mundus stone into this system.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the system, the set station is magnificent. I do think there should be a minimum of 3 free slots per character rather than 2 and more preferably 5. I like that it includes champion points and curses although I didn't get to try those features myself yet.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for the Armory. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
    • Were you able to easily find and obtain the Armory Station from the Crown Store and place it in your home?
    Yep.
    • Similarly, were you able to easily obtain and use the Armory Assistant from the Crown Store and summon him in the world?
    Yep.
    • Do you have any feedback on the process of saving and equipping different builds in the Armory UI?
    Yep. Doesn't work.
    Yep, system does not work.

I can save loadouts, but I cannot equip them, and I cannot overwrite them. Meaning, this system is, basically unusable.

Now, so far I've only found this issue applies on my main. So, this is a character who dates back to March 2014, (and actually suffered from the face zoom glitch) and it's likely there's some degree of corruption in the database. I haven't tested every character on my account, though I did find another one of my characters can use the system.

However, right now, feedback is, "this system dun' work."

EDIT: Some further testing, this is a specific allocation on my character that corrupts the armory entries. I'm not sure what it is. There's literally seven years of history on that character.

While checking alts, I accidentally discovered equipping an empty armory build functions as a partial character reset. Resetting the affected character via this method allows them to interact with the armory system (semi-)normally.

However, it's still not possible to overwrite the corrupted loadouts. So, those are just stuck there.

Some further testing shows that it's not a gear issue, (probably) not an attribute issue, not a champion point issue (though this is harder to verify.) I think this has to do with legacy skill revisions, but, I can't be sure. Something is wrong with those first three loadouts, and I can't get rid of them.

EDIT 2: I just noticed the champion points on one of my other characters are comically high.
    Edited by starkerealm on September 22, 2021 12:24AM
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you able to easily find and obtain the Armory Station from the Crown Store and place it in your home?
    That was extremely easy.

Similarly, were you able to easily obtain and use the Armory Assistant from the Crown Store and summon him in the world?
    That too was extremely easy.

Do you have any feedback on the process of saving and equipping different builds in the Armory UI?
    I could not figure out how to set up the build.

From the initial playthrough using the controller mode, it seems like the functionality of the armory was not there yet. After going back in and first interacting with the armory with the keyboard I noticed the save option down at the bottom.
  • Kusto
    Kusto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armory simply doesnt work. Do you guys even test your stuff before it goes to pts/live?
    It saves my builds but fails to load them. Tried in house and overland with the armorer npc. And ofc everything is in my inventory.
  • tim77
    tim77
    ✭✭✭✭
    CyberOnEso wrote: »
    Yes

Yes, the visual and sound effect when entering the armory menu via Ghrasharog is cool!

Not yet, though Mundus saving is an important feature if you can implement it.

• You do have the technology to load gear from bank/ house crates. On a technical level, the player can access any of their 'bags' from anywhere, you are just restricting when they can do this. You could allow the player to load gear from their bank if you wanted to.
    • There really should be armory stations at key parts in the world, if the player can access the furniture from their house then there is no reason it should not be added to 1) Cyrodiil Alliance Bases, 2) IC Bases, 3) Trial/ VMA lobby rooms. (And IMO next to outfit stations in major cities)
      I honestly don't think this would harm sales of Ghrasarog, I will buy the NPC regardless of where you put it in the world. I just hope you can see the QOL benefit of adding more armory stations in the world.
    • Armory slots should be account-wide, I honestly think you would sell MORE armory slots if they were account-wide, very few people will buy 10 slots for more than 1 character. But you can be damn sure myself and many others would buy as many as you offer if they were added to every character.

I URGE you, look at the data from Outfit Style sales, I guarantee you very few people have close to the cap on multiple characters. I promise you more people will buy them if they are added to each character.
      I know that I would have purchased far more outfit slots if they were added to every character.

Lastly, thank you for adding this. It is a MAJOR QOL boon for the game. It is most appreciated.

Base game QOL features are always appreciated, thank you for adding this!

100% agree on this.
    e.g. i bought 4 outfit slots for my main, none for the other chars. Would have them max'ed for sure if they were accountwide.
    But the character thing was a step too far for me to join.

On a personal side note, the guy is really ugly ^^ would anyway prefer a lady
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was surprising to find that you cannot actually create builds in the armory. It feels like you should be able to. Porting to your house and clicking on the table or summoning someone to essentially press a "save" or "equip" button seems a little excessive. Something this simple should be bindable to a key press, at least for the equip.

I guess, I just wish I could do more with the armory UI once it's open, such as click on the armor section to change my armor or on the champion point section to change champion points--the same with everything else.

[Edit - I only mean the functionality from the users standpoint is very simplified, not that the armory as an addition to the game was by any means simple to get into our hands. I do appreciate the tremendous amount of work put into it. I was just a little surprised that there wasn't much for us to do with this cool new feature, once opening the UI and having a look around]

Also, maybe in the future you can add:
    • Mundus
    • Armor storage
    • Costumes
    • Appearance stuff (like hair styles, markings and adornments..etc.)
    • Personalities
    Edited by Cireous on September 23, 2021 1:06AM
  • yoshubi
    yoshubi
    Soul Shriven
    This is a great addition to the game, however my only concern is bag space. For someone who mains a tank and completes vet content, I was hoping to be able to also have a healer spec on the same character, but I won’t have enough bag space to hold all my tanking gear and healer gear. The best solution I can suggest is maybe allow gear to be accessed from the bank
  • Hlaaluna
    Hlaaluna
    ✭✭✭
    It was easy to find & obtain Station and to place in home.
    It was easy to obtain Assistant and no problem summoning in the world
    Today I could not equip any of the 4 slots I had. They all failed.
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gutted to say the new armoury system is lacklustre. Actually, it's incredibly disappointing, at least for console players. Here's the problem, why it exists, and how you can fix it in a way that will make them more money.

The Problem
    I'm absolutely not saying the armoury is useless. It's not, and to a point it's a nice addition to the game. In particular, being able to switch between morphs will be very nice. However, it's a huge missed opportunity to bring console players up to the same level of ease of switching that PC players get with addons like Dressing Room. That speed of switching gear and skills is really important in optimising speed and damage in recent trifectas, and it's a glaring omission on console. Yes, it'll be nice to switch morphs and setups around on my main, but that's 10% of the value proposition of this addition. 90% of the excitement around this was that we might finally get what PC players already have access to. Honestly, after all the requests in the forums asking for that over the years, it's a bitter blow that you've missed that opportunity.

Why it Exists
    ZoS need to monetise the game. Of course you do - it's an expensive thing to keep the new content being developed, pay for the bandwidth, buy all those potatoes and lemons to power the servers... I don't have a problem with that at all, it keeps me playing the game I love. So you've made the armoury assistant crown store only and therefore armoury can't be used in content because it would be pay to win, and all credit you have kept pay to win out of the game, and we're all grateful for that I'm sure.

How to Fix It (and make more money)
    I'm a fairly typical player. I have a main character and a bunch of alts (in my case, 11). My main can do everything, she has all the skill points except some pvp rank ones, she has all the skills she needs to be a 90k dd, a vet tank or a vet healer. On a regular basis, I use her for damage dealing and occasionally tanking. So armoury will be useful to me in switching between those two setups. I can do that for free, and I'm happy to do it in my house because I start content from there anyway in order to use the aetherial well to charge up my ulti.
    All my other toons are pretty much single use. I have a bunch of dds (magblade, magcro, magdk, magden, stamsorc and stamplar), I have a healer, I have warden and DK tanks, I have a pvp main and I have a crafter. They all pretty much only do their primary role. I might use the magdds as basic heals or the stamdds as basic tanks if I need to grind a load of random normal dungeons, but that's (a) pretty rare and (b) I can still do it for free. No extra slots for me, and no armoury assistant.

However...

Everyone has access to 2 armoury slots for free. Allowing access to those in content (without the assistant) wouldn't be pay to win. "But we want to make money by selling the assistant" you cry. Hold that thought.
    If I could access 2 armoury slots in content (when out of combat) via the quickslot wheel, every single one of my toons would set themselves up with a boss setup and a trash setup. My main would also still want her tank setup. Now that's nice for a start. But not all trash or all bosses are the same. So now I might want to buy extra armoury slots for the convenience of storing a few more setups for different trials. Not to use in the same trial - no pay to win, remember, so you'd still only be able to access 2 in content, but if I could choose which 2 I wanted before a bit of content, I might well buy one or two more slots - for each dd and definitely at least two for each tank. And I might just buy the assistant as well, especially if the assistant provided the only method of assigning which two armoury setups you wanted to be available to add to the quickslot wheel.

So in the current armoury setup I'm spending a total of no crowns on the armoury slots or assistant. Let's say for the sake of argument that the assistant costs 5k crowns like other assistants, and the slots cost 1k per slot. With my proposed change to the system, you would make around 18k crown sales from me, and I think also more crown sales from the very large number of console players like me who would find it vastly more useful. You might want to snap out some polls or focus groups or whatever you do but I'm convinced there's a really good business case for you changing this system so we spend more crowns (and therefore money) on it.

OK, so what would be in the change for PC players? Well, they do have add-ons, so the benefit isn't as great, but even so dressing room doesn't let you change between skill morphs, activate or deactivate vampirism or werewolf, etc. So there's still value there. I don't think PC players are going to abandon dressing room for armoury whether or not it's changed as I suggest, but the morph and ww/vamp utility is something they don't have, and the ability to use this to change their setup still looks to have some degree of utility - which would only be enhanced and made more attractive to purchase if it could be used anywhere.

Food for thought. I would love to spend a bucketload of crowns on this stuff, but I won't unless doing so is useful to me.
  • Vonkarolinas
    Vonkarolinas
    ✭✭✭
    Coatmagic wrote: »
    Was excited to play with this as vamp and ww skill lines were both maxed ages ago and dropped and thought this might be a fun roleplay tool but alas.

Not sure what the armory is actually doing when it 'cures' you but apparently it does not have the capacity to save more than one curse.

It got me very excited and happy too because it actually worked perfectly right up until I zoned out of my house the first time.

Even bought a spare slot with no curse just in case the armory needed to cure before swapping and still nada.

Oh well, useless tool for this one, but thanks anyway!
    Sure the console peeps will enjoy it!

Ok, hopefully ZOS sees this and more try and encounter the same bug and report it. This is definitely a bug. During their stream last week they specifically said the armory would allow this very thing, allowing a single character to have a build as both a vampire and a werewolf.

It is not a useless tool, just because you encountered a bug on the PTS, it is just a bug that ZOS needs to address so you can use it for the purpose you wanted, and as they themselves said it was intended.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. yes
    2. Easy to obtain, haven't summon him yet.
    3. haven't tried it yet
    4. Please place armory stations near crafting stations - crafting hubs, trials, IC sewers and Cyro bases.

- Armory stations near crafting hubs will make it easier for players who are doing pledges/running trials because they won't need to port to their houses (or spend money buying the assistant) to change their setups.
    - People go into a queue to enter IC and Cyro. Many of those people will do simple overland stuff while they wait for the queue to pop. If there are armory stations at the bases/sewer, those players can use a more optimized setup for whatever activity they were doing in PvE (gathering, stealing, fighting mobs...) and then changing into their PvP sets once they arrive in Cyro/IC. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think people are going to stop a battle to go back to base to change set up (is it even possible? I don't PvP much and know very little about the ins and outs of it).
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not on PC, so cannot really test out any of the functionality. But from the location of where and when you can swap I did want to provide feedback.

I understand not wanting swapping mid-score instance, so being unable to do so in the middle of a trial, or mid BG match makes sense to me.

But, I think not having a station available to use in the Alliance base for Cyrodil and Imperial city is a huge misstep.
    If the intention is to provide players an avenue to more easily swap between build types for different content, players will still be forced to be 100% prepared for PVP prior to joining the queue for Cyrodil. So in a lot of cases, you queue up, swap gear using the assistant, and then you have to spend the entire queue time running your PVP build in PVE content while you wait. Ideally, you would want to keep running your PVE build. But you cannot. Because, you cannot control when the queue will pop for you. So it is likely you are in combat when this happens. And the 40 second or so timer is counting down. And you cannot access the assistant until after you are out of combat. So you either likely miss your queue or you don't swap your build.

The same goes for BGs really. People queue these while doing PVE content and sometimes it just isn't feasible to swap when the queue pops for you. Which makes the assistant useless there too. Being able to summon the assistant at the beginning of the match, prior to the countdown ending, would go a long way here for BGs as well. Being able to summon any assistant during that time would be useful. And the moment the match starts and you can leave the starting area, the assistant is despawned and cannot be recalled until you are out of the BG match.
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being able to switch stats morphs is really nice but the biggest thing missing for me are racial passives. It's easy to switch builds but not roles. If I'm tanking then I don't want dps racial passives. Seems like the time to rework those into a new system that is interchangeable. Not including the mundus also makes no sense unless it's to sell more mundus stones for your house which pretty much every guild already has. So far only use for me is changing between dps and healing since the racials don't mean as much as a healer.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    It was surprising to find that you cannot actually create builds in the armory. It feels like you should be able to. Porting to your house and clicking on the table or summing someone to essentially press a "save" or "equip" button seems a little excessive. Something this simple should be bindable to a key press, at least for the equip.

I guess, I just wish I could do more with the armory UI once it's open, such as click on the armor section to change my armor or on the champion point section to change champion points--the same with everything else.

[Edit - I only mean the functionality from the users standpoint is very simplified, not that the armory as an addition to the game was by any means simple to get into our hands. I do appreciate the tremendous amount of work put into it. I was just a little surprised that there wasn't much for us to do with this cool new feature, once opening the UI and having a look around]

Also, maybe in the future you can add:
    • Mundus
    • Costumes
    • Appearance stuff (like hair styles, markings and adornments..etc.)
    • Personalities

I think the Mundus should be added now. It is an important part for builds and as such needs to be part of this.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must have missed it. What is the reason that it does not save your Mundus Stone??
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    I must have missed it. What is the reason that it does not save your Mundus Stone??

Technical issue. It's supposed to be supported in a future update.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There doesn't appear to be an option to delete a loadout. (This is an issue with the current, "corrupted," loadouts, but it would be nice to be able to simply zero out a loadout in the future.)
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't there mention of companion builds being accessible in the armory? Not seeing this on the PTS.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They realy said that?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xebov wrote: »

They realy said that?

Not verbatim. They said it wasn't going to be supported when the system initially launched, but that it would be patched in at some point. Not sure if they were just talking about the PTS implementation, or if this applies to at launch.
  • Artemis_X_
    Artemis_X_
    ✭✭✭
    So we get an armory station to use in our house, but if an item in a load out isn't in our inventory and its in the bank we cant access banks from our house to get the missing item? Time for a bank station in our house.

No mundus stone in armoemy seems petty given everything else is included. Is this just because code is buggy?

2 slots feels like a big money grab, even a crown store assistant makes the whole system feels designed for profit over game benefit. Add it to eso plus at least!

Not letting it work in trials seems odd given pc players have had a similar ish version that works everywhere for ages. At worst people in trials can just take turns to port to their house en back to the trial nor dungeon with a new load out whenever they want right? PC players with the addon have this benefit over those who dont already, limit the pay to win of the new armory system and it's much easier to allow its use in trials, hell even if it's a 1 time per trial thing for emergencies

As it's currently designed largely as a crown store benefit, ie getting 3 or more slots, assistant, etc it's easy to see it as a pay to win idea. Stick access to the assistant and a couple of more slots in eso plus and this pressure is relieved so you can allow it to work in trials and arenas with less fear of calls of pay to win.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be 3 slots per character by default. So each character can have a correct setup each of the three roles.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemis_X_ wrote: »
    So we get an armory station to use in our house, but if an item in a load out isn't in our inventory and its in the bank we cant access banks from our house to get the missing item? Time for a bank station in our house.

No mundus stone in armoemy seems petty given everything else is included. Is this just because code is buggy?

2 slots feels like a big money grab, even a crown store assistant makes the whole system feels designed for profit over game benefit. Add it to eso plus at least!

Not letting it work in trials seems odd given pc players have had a similar ish version that works everywhere for ages. At worst people in trials can just take turns to port to their house en back to the trial nor dungeon with a new load out whenever they want right? PC players with the addon have this benefit over those who dont already, limit the pay to win of the new armory system and it's much easier to allow its use in trials, hell even if it's a 1 time per trial thing for emergencies

As it's currently designed largely as a crown store benefit, ie getting 3 or more slots, assistant, etc it's easy to see it as a pay to win idea. Stick access to the assistant and a couple of more slots in eso plus and this pressure is relieved so you can allow it to work in trials and arenas with less fear of calls of pay to win.

You can put the banking assistant in your house to access it.