The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Hrothgar's nerfed to 13% from 26% of phys/sp resist damage done

• SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    40k spell resist + 40k physical resist = 80k total resist
    80k total resist * 0.13 = 10.4k damage
    10.4k damage * 0.5 battle spirit = 5.2k final damage

5.2k is not very punishing to the target

Is the explosion part of the proc still 0.26? If so then it would be 10.4k damage to nearby teammates which is very high.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on September 22, 2021 8:27PM
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh this change is live now on PC NA.

No wonder I stopped seeing it used in battlegrounds.

MEmxhFe.png

This is kind of a dead set now I think. 80k total resist will only do 5.2k now to all targets. That is not very punishing.

I will have to try Aetherial Ascension + Pariah and see what happens.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on September 22, 2021 8:36PM
    PC NA
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, apologies for the missed patch note for this item set. There was just some miscommunication and leaving out the change wasn't intentional. We'll get this added to the patch note thread now but for visibility, here is the full change:
    • Hrothgar's Chill:
      • This item set now deals 13% of the added Physical and Spell Resistance on the initial target, down from 26%.
      • This set now ignores mitigation on all targets to ensure it remains a potent tank punishing set.
      • Fixed an issue where the explosion damage of this set was not being affected by Battle Spirit.
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »

MEmxhFe.png

This is kind of a dead set now I think. 80k total resist will only do 5.2k now to all targets. That is not very punishing.

Let's think through this.

Let's say an "average" target has 22k resistances in PVP. So 44k total of phys + spell.

13% of 44k = 5720

If you hit 2 targets, that's 11440 up to every 7 seconds, per the tooltip, or 1634 DPS per target. This is *not* subject to mitigation.

That compares favorably with most proc sets, which were dealing ~1.6k DPS per target before mitigation is applied.

You could easily make the argument that Hrothgar's is still over-performing, even after the nerf, based on the numbers above
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »
    13% of 44k = 5720

If you hit 2 targets, that's 11440 up to every 7 seconds, per the tooltip, or 1634 DPS per target. This is *not* subject to mitigation.

With battle spirit, that's only 2860 damage or 408 dps.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on September 22, 2021 11:54PM
    PC NA
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    13% of 44k = 5720

With battle spirit, that's only 2860 damage or 408 dps.

So what?

The comparison was against proc sets that typically deal damage around ~1.6k average DPS before mitigation sources including Battle Spirit.
    Edited by taugrim on September 23, 2021 5:34AM
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS removed the AoE portion, they could probably also get away with increasing the damage to 15%, and make it a bit more effective at specifically countering tanks without punishing squishier nearby players.

There really isn't a reason it needs to be AoE.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally got a chance to play this a bit tonight on my mag sorc post fix and nerf. Not really that good. I think the only spots where it really did anything were spots where the damage I was losing from not running more max mag would have finished someone more reliably.

Although, I did find that escapist poisons were a great sorc of the immobilize to proc it. Was using that to target specific people for a burst and streak to burst through when people packed close hoping to get some decent splash damage.

But yeah, not all that impressed on where it is at. Moving back to the tried and true max mag with no procs.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good riddance. A set shouldn't play the game for you.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad that I sold off all of my gold jewels last week before the patch hit.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol and this is the main reason I stopped farming anything anymore! Good riddance!? I guess!
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha, YES!! i made a ton of Gold selling it, and it got nerfed. I am happy.
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, apologies for the missed patch note for this item set. There was just some miscommunication and leaving out the change wasn't intentional. We'll get this added to the patch note thread now but for visibility, here is the full change:
    • Hrothgar's Chill:
      • This item set now deals 13% of the added Physical and Spell Resistance on the initial target, down from 26%.
      • This set now ignores mitigation on all targets to ensure it remains a potent tank punishing set.
      • Fixed an issue where the explosion damage of this set was not being affected by Battle Spirit.

MEmxhFe.png

Let's think through this.

Let's say an "average" target has 22k resistances in PVP. So 44k total of phys + spell.

13% of 44k = 5720

That compares favorably with most proc sets, which were dealing ~1.6k DPS per target before mitigation is applied.

You could easily make the argument that Hrothgar's is still over-performing, even after the nerf, based on the numbers above

Never heard of battle spirit? 2.6k burst is something worthless. They missed a good chance with hrotghar, if the damage was really low vs 1 target but scaling with the total armor of the people in the area it would have been a good set to burst zergs
    Edited by Ocelot9x on September 25, 2021 5:33AM