The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you have enough storage for additional viable gear sets?

spacefracking
spacefracking
✭✭✭✭
I, for one, have collected and folded out many of the viable sets for Magicka builds, and spend about 3-5 hours monthly readjusting my bank and in home storage boxes to make room for easy gameplay, and temporary storage of items and set pieces that I plan to deconstruct later that day, or the next, after determining usefulness.

I've kept stuff like amber plasm, ancient grace, crafty alfiq, and other sets that became useful again with the return of no-proc.

I've also kept some fun proc sets that I pull out now and again like icy conjuror, caluurion's, mad tinkerer, and others.

When using these sets, I usually end up with a sharpened, infused, and precise version of the staves.

Most players will also have the main sets for PvE content like war maiden, Medusa, mother's sorrow, elf name, false god's, siroria, bahsei's, and others.

Often more set pieces than just five are good to keep around, and for pvp, I often have a few well fitted sitting around besides just divines.

Whatever the case, I have dumped all of my furniture into houses to free up room, deleted most of my crown items, costumes I didn't think I would use, and still worry about storage space.

Many players have taken to dumping things they want to keep in other characters whose only purpose is storing useful items.

With the addition of formerly stamina sets to my collection of Magicka sets, I will rapidly hit a very uncomfortable crossroads where I will need to delete useful things.

In the current economy, it costs 880k gold to gold one jewelry piece, 160k gold to gold one piece of light or medium gear.

I beseech the powers that be to grant us a few extra storage boxes for our homes. It would be a massive QoL modification, and would serve as an excellent compliment to this new gear hybridization initiative.

Pretty please :'(
- Space

Do you have enough storage for additional viable gear sets? 32 votes

Yes, I need more storage boxes
56%
SirAndylolo_01b16_ESOsix2fallVaohRittingsDojohodaTheImperfectrnklippelMuttsmuttKingExecrationJaimehAndre_NoirsnipezorSmokyRakdosKhajiitLivesMatterspacefrackingDarian_Rath 18 votes
No, I can do more tidying
12%
SorakacolossalvoidsorothilxDeusEJRx 4 votes
No, I have enough room for what I'd like to keep
25%
Nirntrotterthomas1970b16_ESOwhiteshadow711jppreub18_ESOLadislaoNebula_DooMJierdanitSoul_SoliloquyAmottica 8 votes
No, I have Friday bonfires and like the smell of crackling tempers
6%
JamdariusACamaroGuy 2 votes
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of the poll options work for me. I have adequate storage with ESO+ and one (small) storage box. While I don't object to ZoS offering more storage capacity to those who would like it, I'm doing just fine.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rely on reconstructing if I need anything, I got 18 characters so getting transmute crystals is easy doing random normal dungeons for up to 180 crystals a day. On top of that, I have like 800+ gold tempers for blacksmith, clothing, and woodworking in my crafting bag so its not like I'm hurting every time I decon or make a new item.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use reconstruction to store my sets. I only have mythics, gold jewelry and 1 or 2 PVP setups and 1 PVE setup in my bank or on my person at any time. So yeah, plenty of room.

Non jewelry improvement mats are cheap, so really there is no need to hold onto sets your aren't using in the bank or on you. My take is, if I am not using it now and haven't used it for a patch it gets deleted. But I guess spending millions of gold buying set pieces to get complete sets for cheap reconstruction gets you a lighter bank.

I think my bank is actually mostly filled with PVP siege items, food that is expensive to craft, and master crafting writs I intend to do during the next double XP event.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax addressed the gear storage issue with the sticker book collection system. It is now pure choice to keep gear we may someday use since we can reconstruct it. The only thing we really need to keep is what we are using as main and off sets and anything we upgraded to gold (maybe purple with jewelry). Even then there is not much reason to upgrade armor to gold as the benefit is so small.
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    I rely on reconstructing if I need anything, I got 18 characters so getting transmute crystals is easy doing random normal dungeons for up to 180 crystals a day. On top of that, I have like 800+ gold tempers for blacksmith, clothing, and woodworking in my crafting bag so its not like I'm hurting every time I decon or make a new item.

... Well, if you have 800+ gold tempers, can I have some :-)

Seriously though, 800+ dreugh waxes alone is worth north of 17 million gold, so I'd say yours is a *very* exceptional case, and could only be the result of running crafting writs on more than a dozen characters daily for years.

I do not believe your case applies to the vast majority of players in this game, to the point that I'm not entirely sure you're not trolling, or just flexing.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I can do more tidying
    I want more space but still I have enough I'd say, can definitely do better.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Seriously though, 800+ dreugh waxes alone is worth north of 17 million gold, so I'd say yours is a *very* exceptional case, and could only be the result of running crafting writs on more than a dozen characters daily for years.

I do not believe your case applies to the vast majority of players in this game, to the point that I'm not entirely sure you're not trolling, or just flexing.

I have over 700. No, I will not give them away.

I learned from reading the forums that daily crafting writs are a great source of gold and that it also provides me with plenty of upgrade matts. Makes sense to spend a few minutes doing them.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe a little bit of both, it's not hard really. I do it in Mournhold with 18 characters doing all 7 crafting writs with blacksmith, clothing, and woodworking at 1/10 for 17 characters, only main is maxed out; alchemy, enchanting and jewelry maxed out; provisioning at different ranks for different rank recipe collection. Alchemy and provisioning is bulk crafted so I can skip those tables ahead of time. This takes an hour tops to go through all 18 characters, when on ESO+ I unlock hirelings which has a small chance of getting tempers too. Funnel all surveys to my main crafter and refine in huge bulks. I buy nothing!
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a little bit of both, it's not hard really. I do it in Mournhold with 18 characters doing all 7 crafting writs with blacksmith, clothing, and woodworking at 1/10 for 17 characters, only main is maxed out; alchemy, enchanting and jewelry maxed out; provisioning at different ranks for different rank recipe collection. Alchemy and provisioning is bulk crafted so I can skip those tables ahead of time. This takes an hour tops to go through all 18 characters, when on ESO+ I unlock hirelings which has a small chance of getting tempers too. Funnel all surveys to my main crafter and refine in huge bulks. I buy nothing!

Ok, yes, I have heard this pitch before many times, however it is not a good game experience, as evidenced by the vast majority of players not following this routine, it's impracticality, and, for most, lack of enjoyment.

An absolute bare minimum of 5 minutes, but more likely, 7-8 minutes per character, yields an hour and a half of daily chores, which is a tremendous amount of time for most except the most dedicated writ-doers. Running 18 random normals, takes 15 minutes each for the average player, and 5 for the exceptional player. Setup time, for the average player, per character, is another 30 minute time sink.

To complete this routine daily, requires more time than most spend playing the game at all, and that's only for daily players.

There is enjoyable content to be played, and such drudgery seems a very poor remedy to a problem that could easily be resolved by adding a couple of extra storage boxes, for use in homes that already can contain hundred of items each.

So I concede, yes, this is a solution. However, it does not provide anything approaching an enjoyable gaming experience.

(Also, doing all those surveys takes an absolute age, and none of these numbers are even relevant without add-ons, which aren't available for console players, and as they are not part of the base game, do not provide a comprehensive solution to the problem at hand.)
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm a main healer in a kind of progress oriented raid guild. I certainly don't have enough space to organize my gear the way I like. (Sure, if I use some mule chars I can manage, but that is no fun).
    Here have a small list of useful healer sets:
    - Spell Power Cure
    - Olorime
    - Roaring Opportunist
    - Jorvuld
    - Stone Talker
    - Zen
    - Martial Knowledge
    - Hollowfang
    - Powerful Assault
    - Combat Physician
    - Gossamer
    - Master Architect
    - Saxhleel
    - Worm
    - Catalyst
    - Hircine
    - Morag Tong
    - Curse Eater
    Now, to be able to combine those sets in different setups, I need body parts, jewelery and weapons of most of those sets. And to make matters worse, it's handy to have at least two sets of each jewelery (one infused, one swift) and a number of different staves.
    Add some monster sets and arena weapons, and you might see why I'd be very happy about more inventory boxes.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running 18 random normals, takes 15 minutes each for the average player, and 5 for the exceptional player. Setup time, for the average player, per character, is another 30 minute time sink.

I didn't say you had to run 18 random normal dungeons a day, I said you could do "up to" 18 a day :pensive: I do more like 6 a day on weekends with my magicka DDs who swap back bar to healing. That's 60 crystals a day, you can get near 500 in 8 days time, 1000 in 17 days time, then keep extra geodes on hand. Patience is a virtue, you don't have to get everything done all at once, wrack up whatever you can and build up over time.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m over here just figuring out a way to stop trading jewelry between all of my characters. When you’ve got 4 different toons running Medusa that you play on 4 different teams sometimes one after the other it gets annoying trying to swap those rings through a coffer multiple times per day.

Swapping gear, that’s the real PvE endgame.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the new viability I'm definitely gonna be pushed for space... well, actually... I won't have enough space... simple as that lol
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    I, for one, have collected and folded out many of the viable sets for Magicka builds, and spend about 3-5 hours monthly readjusting my bank and in home storage boxes to make room for easy gameplay, and temporary storage of items and set pieces that I plan to deconstruct later that day, or the next, after determining usefulness.

I've kept stuff like amber plasm, ancient grace, crafty alfiq, and other sets that became useful again with the return of no-proc.

I've also kept some fun proc sets that I pull out now and again like icy conjuror, caluurion's, mad tinkerer, and others.

When using these sets, I usually end up with a sharpened, infused, and precise version of the staves.

Most players will also have the main sets for PvE content like war maiden, Medusa, mother's sorrow, elf name, false god's, siroria, bahsei's, and others.

Often more set pieces than just five are good to keep around, and for pvp, I often have a few well fitted sitting around besides just divines.

Whatever the case, I have dumped all of my furniture into houses to free up room, deleted most of my crown items, costumes I didn't think I would use, and still worry about storage space.

Many players have taken to dumping things they want to keep in other characters whose only purpose is storing useful items.

With the addition of formerly stamina sets to my collection of Magicka sets, I will rapidly hit a very uncomfortable crossroads where I will need to delete useful things.

In the current economy, it costs 880k gold to gold one jewelry piece, 160k gold to gold one piece of light or medium gear.

I beseech the powers that be to grant us a few extra storage boxes for our homes. It would be a massive QoL modification, and would serve as an excellent compliment to this new gear hybridization initiative.

Pretty please :'(
    - Space

i dont need more but i would like to have more
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have all the storage containers, maxed slots on bank and all of my 10 chars and i'm still short on space.
    4 of my 10 chars are currently dedicated pack mules.

I'd happily pay crowns for more storage. Lots more ...
    popcorn.gif

• Jamdarius
    Jamdarius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I have Friday bonfires and like the smell of crackling tempers
    This poll really doesn't have good option for me so I have chosen the most viable one rotfl.

I would like to see option, I have enough room because of CODEX for stuff. I do not have ESO+ and I have enough storage even for mats now.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm for more storage chests assuming they may be placed in our big homes.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allow us to equip all of the gear we have designated in our loadouts via the Armory feature. That way our loadouts are moreso the game activating all of the bonuses from one setup of gear as opposed to another.

That’d save tons of space.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another pair of 60/30 slot chests would be highly welcome!
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want more bank space!!! The housing storage is not as useful.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.