The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quick Poll: Do you agree with the upcoming changes to Battlegrounds?

• renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with the change
    I'm seeing a lot of people complaining that they only want to play capture games, but if that's the case - given the last two weeks of playing BGs with a premade where we've ONLY got capture games and not a single deathmatch, why are the queues still so long if apparently everyone just wants to play capture games?

That's basically all there is at the moment unless on the off chance you get a single deathmatch (wouldn't know, we've never got one in two weeks). Unless it's a chaosball, that's almost as rare as deathmatch.

I see people complaining that all modes end up deathmatches but maybe if that mode actually came up like ever, instead of a game of capture the relic - which I will give it, is genuinely a lot more enjoyable with a coordinated group than it's ever been solo - alternating with a flag capture game, seasoned with a tiny pinch of chaosball, then people might actually not just turn everything into deathmatch out of frustration.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree with the change
    This will stop me from playing battlegrounds once this goes live. I'm a G.O. pvper and I only want to play Chaosball and Capture the Relic.
    Edited by SimonThesis on September 20, 2021 12:11AM
  • Ezorus
    Ezorus
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the change
    We all queue PvP to kill other players instead of prescripted AI
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    LashanW wrote: »
    Yes since it's a test. It's the quickest way to get the amount of data they need.

No, because it is an EXTREMELY poorly designed test that is essentially rigged to provide a predetermined result. It might give the AMOUNT of data, but the data won't be of any useful quality. A test that'd actually make any semblance of that would be if they made queuing akin to dungeon finder where you can tick which options you are looking for.
  • MreeBiPolar
    MreeBiPolar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rugby_hook wrote: »
    I would be all for it if it was an appropriate way to test this, but it is a horrible design for a study to test if people want dm battleground as separate queue.

QFT
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, won't queue BGs until all modes become available again. I play BGs mostly for relic and flag games.

Chaosball is abusable mode while DM is just plain out boring clash on.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you think "RANDOM" means ? If I can get just DM, it is not a random BG.
    IMHO this choice favors children who just like to play kill-all war ...
    Personally, I prefer Domination and King Matches.
    Best is: a real random.
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • Asgaeroth
    Asgaeroth
    ✭✭
    I agree with the change
    x
    Edited by Asgaeroth on October 29, 2021 9:48AM
  • edward_frigidhands
    edward_frigidhands
    ✭✭✭✭
    i don't care...

You cared enough to post here however..?
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Makes no difference, 3 way "PvP" is a joke to anyone but roleplayers, so I'll continue to not play BG.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the change
    This poll is a little to open to interpretation.

A better question would be:

Which do you prefer?

-The temporary implementation of death match only proposed by ZOS.

-No change to the battleground queue

The responses to this poll would give a better sense of the community's specific reaction to this change.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on September 21, 2021 7:14PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    False dichotomy. They could have tested this by adding separate queues instead of removing all modes but DM.
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    How can you get proper feedback when you are still limiting options? If anything you are triggering a negative response, while the others will enjoy the pvp mode they like.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it’s only a test for needed data, that’s fine.

For clarification, is team deathmatch the only queue choice period or the only team choice?

Speaking of BG changes, I would like to see Solo Queue made the default if you’re queuing by yourself. I think most people either don’t know or don’t bother to change it. I try it every so often and after waiting ten minutes, I switch over to the regular queue to get a match.
  • Franchise408
    Franchise408
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For clarification, is team deathmatch the only queue choice period or the only team choice?

Speaking of BG changes, I would like to see Solo Queue made the default if you’re queuing by yourself. I think most people either don’t know or don’t bother to change it. I try it every so often and after waiting ten minutes, I switch over to the regular queue to get a match.

Deathmatch is the only game available, period.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Deathmatch is the only game available, period.

:disappointed:

Thank you for the info!
  • NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...I get a feeling no one on this thread truly knows exactly what they are trying to test here.....just saying...
  • Franchise408
    Franchise408
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NagualV wrote: »
    ...I get a feeling no one on this thread truly knows exactly what they are trying to test here.....just saying...

Does that include ZOS as well?
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t like this change so far. I prefer playing different modes and not to mention the matchmaking seems really poor right now.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • mikerocks36
    mikerocks36
    Soul Shriven
    nothing but death match is soooooo boring i want all the battle grounds back please just make it so you can q for just death matches if that's what you like xD
  • screamingabdabs
    Well I don't normally post to forums - yet here I am, and I've created an account to post this which I guess means I; a) care about a change on computer a game and b) need to get out more ;)

From what I've read and from guild chat, folk have been complaining for a while re bgs. I'm a lousy pvp'er but I've played them solo and in groups. Solo tends to be hard if you find yourself against a well organised group and this is a complaint that some have - v one sided matches.

Other complaints include the lack of death match or <insert your favourite mode> rounds and I have had times where I get 4 chaos ball matches in a row which is random but also frustrating if you fancy a capture the relic.

Then there are times when you just can't get a match at all - so long queue waits - which does depend on the time of day and if there are any events happening, as these tend to occupy folk. While I suspect splitting the queues would increase the wait, causing more complaints, well see below.

Now I play Tf2 a lot and perhaps one of the things Zos could take from it is something like its queue management system. There you can select the type of match say; king of the hill, attack/defence etc and drill down into individual maps – like capture the flag but not a particular map, just deselect it. Just want a payload match – select that and nothing else. While this can lead to a long wait if you just want to play a particular map the option's there for those who want it. The thing is you don’t have to. You can just queue and you’ll get a game, want something specific, well you can select it.

For ESO bgs this could be;
    1. queue for groups
    2. queue for solo

Inside these you’d have simple tick boxes for each mode. Happy with anything – leave them ticked. Hate death match or whatever, deselect it. Your choice. Same for if you want all your cp powers or not. It’d just be a check box.

As for queuing time – well there already is a queue count in Cyrodiil/ imp city at busy times so why not say how many folk are queuing for a particular mode? That way you’d get an idea of how long you might have to wait.

I believe that Zos are now implementing a less than random drop system for items in maelstrom – something along the lines of ‘have it in your collection you’ll get something else’. So why not add this to the battleground queue. Just had a capture the relic – well the next won’t be. Don’t want that – ohh look there’s a check box for you.

Too many check boxes? Add a way to save what you like as a default.

On the subject of 4v4v4, which some don’t like, does it have to be? The teams are not the alliances they are just teams so 4v4 should be possible as could 2v2, 3v3 etc – after all you are randomly placed in a team anyway so why do battlegrounds have to have 3 teams?

For me I just want the option to play different modes, to have the opting to choose where I get my face smashed into the dirt. Right now I don’t and that’s no fun.
  • Tyrelis
    Tyrelis
    Soul Shriven
    I disagree with this change. I found death match to be the most boring if want to perk up queues more then add a few more maps or game modes. The queue times aren’t that bad and if they are it’s due to lack of content doing same thing over and over again for years now.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is interesting that the poll still only shows barely a third agree with this change and the poll has been available for 11 days now.
  • spotzhopz
    spotzhopz
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Death match is my preferred mode, and I was tired of hardly ever getting it in the queue, but I feel bad for the objective players.

All in all though for them to "gather data" on if death match only queue would be popular they should have added it as a separate option so that the data was more clear. But they did the same with the no proc change to no cp when they should've just offered a different option.
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love BG's and usually run a lot.

I have not ran one since this test started.