The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Quick Poll: Do you agree with the upcoming changes to Battlegrounds?

• Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree with the change
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    I'd rather the choices be:
    __Deathmatch
    __All games except deathmatch

I'd prefer:

Deathmatch
    Random (All Modes)
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with the change
    LashanW wrote: »
    Yes since it's a test. It's the quickest way to get the amount of data they need.

This.

I shouldn't be able to play BGs three nights in a row with a group and not get a single DM.

Either they need to make a DM queue (which will probably kill the queue pop for the other modes) or they increase the chances of getting a DM in the queues as they are.
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the change
    The objective modes as they currently exist need some serious rework; preferably in a way that doesn't actively promote avoiding PvP to win.
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I think this is a test. The ZoS just want to see how the population changes. But something tells me that it will only get worse. Death Match has no less flaws than other mods.
    Edited by Parasaurolophus on September 16, 2021 12:45AM
    PC/EU
  • bathynomusESO
    bathynomusESO
    ✭✭✭
    They already destroyed PvP. Us casuals used to at least have some chance to cap flags or maybe run a ball, but Deathmatch is so bad that the pre-made teams just camp the randoms so they cannot even get out of their base. This is going from bad to wondering if they are trying to make PvP for only the top 100 players. Do they not see people leaving the BGs??? Do they not see the 500-0 scores???

To fix PvP, we need PvP only gear and maybe even PvP specific skills with balance. Stun locking people was fixed years ago in other MMOs, why not ESO?
  • Atrael7
    Atrael7
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the change
    As others have said, separate queues would be the best compromise solution.

Me, I'm a simple man, I like battle in my Battlegrounds. Give me TDM and I'm going to be happy.

Add a separate queue for the resident chess grandmasters that outthink players like me and they can be happy there too with the other game modes.

• wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amongst all BGs, I like DM the least. In the other BGs, you still fight, but as a collateral effect to reach the main aim. While going in there only to kill other players doesn't seem very satisfying to me.
  • auz
    auz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    No, I don't agree with the changes. However, it's pretty obvious the objective modes need adjustment and turned it pvp games.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheresbes wrote: »
    Amongst all BGs, I like DM the least. In the other BGs, you still fight, but as a collateral effect to reach the main aim. While going in there only to kill other players doesn't seem very satisfying to me.

Same
  • ValarMorghulis1896
    ValarMorghulis1896
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    4 Queues:
    - DM solo
    - DM premade
    - Objective solo
    - Objective premade

Solutions could be very simple.
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    “I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" Death thought about it. "CATS", he said eventually. "CATS ARE NICE.” Terry Pratchett
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the change
    4 Queues:
    - DM solo
    - DM premade
    - Objective solo
    - Objective premade

That's exactly what i was thinking, the problem is, if there is enough players to actually split the queue into 4 different queues.
    The queue time could take forever to start a match.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Tbh. It does not matter as long as we have DC & Hrothgar in BGs (or in PvP in general as situation in Cyro & IC is not much better). A lot of people stopped playing simply because of how game breaking those sets are. BGs (in any game mode) are simply put: not enjoyable.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on September 16, 2021 5:06PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disagree. I want the ability to choose Deathmatch. Pvp combat is the draw of BG for many of us, and forcing people who want to fight randomly into instances with people who want to run flags and avoid fights was dissatisfying for everyone.

But I don’t think only Deathmatch is the solution. This alienates objective players. Zeni is making this change at the expense of (maybe) half of the BG player base. I don’t understand why things are so black and white with this Dev team.

More people select random for rewards than pick specific game modes. Let’s remove choice and only give random.

People want to be able to pick Deathmatch, and in tbe absence of that they’re treating every mode like a Deathmatch. Let’s remove all the other game modes.

I don’t get the sense that there any nuance in their planning.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will skip matches next week and focus mainly on dungeons it seems, unless need to grab a daily and such.

Good thing I play a tank so should get a fair bit of cps next week for doing random dungeons wish we could slow down those gains but oh well.
    Edited by RedTalon on September 16, 2021 2:49PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    4 Queues:
    - DM solo
    - DM premade
    - Objective solo
    - Objective premade

That's exactly what i was thinking, the problem is, if there is enough players to actually split the queue into 4 different queues.
    The queue time could take forever to start a match.

According to Lambert in his stream, this sounds like a concern that ZOS has with BGs and why they are doing this test with DM. Seems like every question or statement from chat on this subject came back to long queue times and splitting up the players being something they don't want.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    They said they want popularity of BGs, it won't happen unless they will bring some resemblance of balance to the game.
  • xDeusEJRx
    xDeusEJRx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I don't care too much about the change, other than the fact that some of the more annoying builds are gonna get gimped basically.
    It's annoying going into a game mode with a character with a roundabout build with damage, off heals, moderate tankiness, etc. and coming across builds that cap out their speed to pick up the chaos ball or relic and run as fast they can and are unable to be caught and lose because they spec out into speed. Or a tank with 40-50k hp who just tanks out on the chaos ball/relic and require a full team to take down. It's just not fun for me running into those builds while trying to play the objective in the game on a normal toon
    Pure speed builds/tank builds won't have much practicality in TDM situations
    Solo PvP'er PS5 NA player

90% of my body is made of Magblade
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    No premade only solo.

Why even allow premade groups in BG? In some FPS games they go as far as explicitly breaking up competitive teams and moving players in the middle of game to keep the balance - if you're too good you're forcefully moved to the bad team.

The simple fact is that people don't form premade groups to have a fair fight against other groups. They do it to screw uncoordinated solo players. If the group queue only allows premade of 4 or 2 to participate it'd be dead for sure.

Without premade, all those super tanks, new proc sets wearers would be far less a problem.
    Edited by moo_2021 on September 16, 2021 9:18PM
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with the change
    moo_2021 wrote: »
    In some FPS games they go as far as explicitly breaking up competitive teams and moving players in the middle of game to keep the balance - if you're too good you're forcefully moved to the bad team.

I remember Team Fortress 2 doing this 15 years ago. It wasn't bad, just annoying.

You get over it after a few minutes and the game goes on.
    PC NA
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm disappointed they chose this route. A DM-only queue in addition to a regular queue would show them more relevant data.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the change. Might as well remove BGs completely...

Edited by wolfie1.0. on September 16, 2021 11:36PM
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with the change
    The simple fact is that people don't form premade groups to have a fair fight against other groups. They do it to screw uncoordinated solo players.

Lmao they absolutely do not do it to screw with uncoordinated solo players. This is a weird oppression to claim. I play with my group of friends because they're my friends and we want to do BGs together and we have way more fun when it's a fight against other groups and coordinated players. It's definitely not about screwing with uncoordinated solo players, that's boring.
  • Rakdos
    Rakdos
    ✭✭
    Other mode is like a win-win game

the DM lover can keep killing people and satisfied with their brutal power, weaker player can running around capture the point or relic and still win the game, everybody happy.

and now you change the game mode to DM only... the bg will become either premade only or 12 tanky turtles biting each other and compare who have a better kidney
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope deathmatch is good only if you have better team its not balanced at all. I like killing in this game its fun but on other modes killing is still possible and grant some objective where you can still win in other way ,weaker players can do something which is impossible in pure deathmatch.
  • hands0medevil
    hands0medevil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It's all chaotic, one year we can't queue with friends, next year we can't choose specific mode of BG, now this... I don't care anymore but it seems there is no plan
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »
    Lmao they absolutely do not do it to screw with uncoordinated solo players. This is a weird oppression to claim. I play with my group of friends because they're my friends and we want to do BGs together and we have way more fun when it's a fight against other groups and coordinated players. It's definitely not about screwing with uncoordinated solo players, that's boring.

well sorry for the stereotype. I have seen how very well coordinated teams could overwhelm others very easily, including at times when I'm on such teams, and most players are in fact solo.

Maybe they should force solo players to play the solo queue. That'd move a significant population to fairer fights.
  • AScarlato
    AScarlato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard disagree. Not everyone enjoys pvp to just mindlessly click proc sets on other players. SOme enjoy actual thought and strategy of the other games.

Will not be playing ESO during this "experiment."
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should have killed deathmatch eintirely
    its dumb
  • RevJJ
    RevJJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion this screws over new players and players that level alts through below 50BGs. Those BGs are filled with players with golded out gear for every 10 levels constantly rerolling and farming new players.

With the objective modes, at least new players had a chance to win their random daily BG for the XP boost because DM players wouldn’t play the objective and lose despite having a lot of kills. This will rarely be possible anymore now.

Congratulations on another terrible change to pvp.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with the change
    renne wrote: »

well sorry for the stereotype. I have seen how very well coordinated teams could overwhelm others very easily, including at times when I'm on such teams, and most players are in fact solo.

Maybe they should force solo players to play the solo queue. That'd move a significant population to fairer fights.

They might overwhelm others very easily, but you straight up claimed it as a fact that the only reason people make premades is to bully solos which is not the case.

There are solutions to being an uncoordinated solo player that don't even involve bringing your own friends. Sometimes it's as simple as communicating with the people on your team. And I know that because I've played solo as well.