The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark Convergence and other AOE set&skill mechanics have finally leveled the playing field!

• LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »
    LarsS wrote: »
    There is a simpel solution play ESO PVP classic on Ravenwatch. :) No procsets, what counts is skill and teamwork.

Ang ignore some class, because without proc you just can't play some class (that's how ESO is balanced XD)

I disagree, but anyhow procsets makes the balance even worser. :D
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »
    LarsS wrote: »
    There is a simpel solution play ESO PVP classic on Ravenwatch. :) No procsets, what counts is skill and teamwork.

Ang ignore some class, because without proc you just can't play some class (that's how ESO is balanced XD)

Maybe you cant but many others can no prob.
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the heck is the OP on about?

These new sets have only made ball-groups stronger.

Epic fail from Zenimax this time.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Magio_
    Magio_
    ✭✭✭✭
    MadeInVN wrote: »
    How is purge spam and overstacking of heals "broken mechanics"?

You have access to purge spam. All you need to do is make a dedicated purge bot build and voila, you can now use that "broken mechanic" to aid your faction. Same with healing.
    How is Dark Convergence "broken mechanics"?
    You have access to Dark Convergence. All you need to do is wear a 5 piece set and voila, you can now use that "broken mechanic" to aid your faction. Same with Hrothgar's.

That's a weak argument lol.
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    I still think a set is a lazy way to address problematic mechanics.

Addressing problematic mechanics removes the ability to exploit those mechanics, when you do this with a set, the set becomes ubiquitous.

With these band-aid solutions there are two outcomes. The set only becomes ubiquitous if there's little tradeoff involved. That's why aside from plaguebreak the RFTW sets are being used in every possible context.

When there is a tradeoff involved, even a minor one like having both detection potions and whatever else you want in your character's inventory, it doesn't become ubiquitous. Instead you get feast-or-famine scenarios where you're either very well equipped to counter a playstyle or you're gimped against others.
    Edited by Recapitated on September 6, 2021 9:31PM
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Addressing problematic mechanics removes the ability to exploit those mechanics, when you do this with a set, the set becomes ubiquitous.

With these band-aid solutions there are two outcomes. The set only becomes ubiquitous if there's little tradeoff involved. That's why aside from plaguebreak it's being used in every possible context.

When there is a tradeoff involved, even a minor one like having both detection potions and whatever else you want on your character, it doesn't become ubiquitous. Instead you get feast-or-famine scenarios where you're either very well equipped to counter a playstyle or you're gimped against others.

It's funny how plaguebreak, the set that changed purge spam across the entire PvP landscape, is arguably the only balanced one introduced. It's also the least used out of all of them because it's not good enough in a general sense.

Though honestly, even plaguebreak can use a reduction on that DoT time to 6-7 seconds since its not really counterable if any DK slots it and stacks DoTs on you.
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭

With these band-aid solutions there are two outcomes. The set only becomes ubiquitous if there's little tradeoff involved. That's why aside from plaguebreak it's being used in every possible context.

When there is a tradeoff involved, even a minor one like having both detection potions and whatever else you want on your character, it doesn't become ubiquitous. Instead you get feast-or-famine scenarios where you're either very well equipped to counter a playstyle or you're gimped against others.

It's funny how plaguebreak, the set that changed purge spam across the entire PvP landscape, is arguably the only balanced one introduced. It's also the least used out of all of them because it's not good enough in a general sense.

Though honestly, even plaguebreak can use a reduction on that DoT time to 6-7 seconds since its not really counterable if any DK slots it and stacks DoTs on you.

I have no strong opinions on it, I just know it's just not showing up that much in BGs
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ball groups have been buffed every single patch for about a year now, rest assured zos will rectify this mistake and continue buffing them.
  • Tiphis
    Tiphis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Be in a ball group or don't play at objectives. Stick to the occasional rock and try to defend it.
  • spacefracking
    spacefracking
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plaguebreak solved a legit problem. Could be less strong.

Dark convergence is buggy trash that has fundementally reshaped all of combat around it, and has become the meta for every class.

Hrothgar is a giant pile of ???. Everyone who PVPs specs a reasonable amount of armor. Only problematic troll tanks stack all of the champion point slottables into damage mitigation, block cost, block mitigation, major protection, and minor protection.

Hrothgar isn't hurting them. Though it will hurt anyone who stands around them. Basically, it just seems like an idea that didn't work out, and seems very exploitable as well.
  • TwiceBornStar
    TwiceBornStar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    Never in any game have I seen this wierd entitled mindset that solo or smaller groups of players should be able to combat or defeat larger organized groups of players. It's very bizarre.

Also, these sets won't change anything. The larger groups can use these sets too, and they are so overtuned right now that they are just as effective at killing small groups of players.

Yeah. Exactly this.
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ball groups actively avoid each other. Ball groups are not going to back keeps expecting to find an enemy ball group.

You can't ignore ball groups because if you do they take tri keeps and scrolls and force the issue.

No one is killing a ball group with just one or two people even with the new sets. Sure you might be solo out there or with a friend but there is also a lot of other people involved when a ball group actually dies. Yeah you might have been the person that placed the crucial negate or got the killing blow on their purge spammer but it wasn't all you.

So saying that a ball group shouldn't be killed by a smaller group is actually the opposite of what is happening. It is actually taking a larger group of pugs to kill a ball group and this is with the new sets. Before even a larger group of pugs would not kill a ball group.

The heals a ball group produces are only an issue because of purge spamming. If you can CC or immobilize players in the ball group you can break them up and kill the whole group. There are just as many heals flying around in a zerg but there is no one dedicated to spamming purge. This is why a ball group can kill a zerg.

CC and immobilizers is what made ball groups so effective. The best ball groups always had dedicated CC and immobilizer players that locked down everyone in front of them. And, without a dedicated purge spammer for those people in front of them, by the time they were able to break free and roll dodge to get out of both the CC and immobilize they were already dead because of the constant AOE spam and at least one eye of the storm running.

Plaguebreaker makes purge spamming unacceptable. This levels the playing field. Now ball groups have to deal with CC and immobilizers the same as the rest of us.

Calling a ball group skilled is a joke. I could produce the same results with just me and 11 bots that spam a couple of abilities and ultimates. The only person really playing is the group leader.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plaguebreak solved a legit problem. Could be less strong.

Dark convergence is buggy trash that has fundementally reshaped all of combat around it, and has become the meta for every class.

Hrothgar is a giant pile of ???. Everyone who PVPs specs a reasonable amount of armor. Only problematic troll tanks stack all of the champion point slottables into damage mitigation, block cost, block mitigation, major protection, and minor protection.

Hrothgar isn't hurting them. Though it will hurt anyone who stands around them. Basically, it just seems like an idea that didn't work out, and seems very exploitable as well.

Plaguebreak would be fine if you could only have one instance of the plague up at any one time.

Dark convergence really needs to pick one of its effects and ditch the rest. Either it pulls, stuns, or has ramping damage, but should not have all three. At this point, it out performs most ultimates.

Hrothgar should ditch the AOE. It should only punish tanky players, not the people around the tanky players.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should not have a CC at all, definitely not a pull, and the damage scaling needs to change so if it only hits 1 or 2 players it doesn't hit too hard. I'm fine with the scaling at 12+ players being obscenely high; I like the idea of anti-stacking set, but not if you can bomb solo players with it.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playnice wrote: »
    FINALLY we are able to play in a Cyrodiil where smaller groups have a fair chance at putting up a fight. Steam rolling through players isn't as trivial as it used to be. The ball groups have to adapt and play smarter now, which is so refreshing to be honest. Balling up in a tight 12 person heal machine isn't the same 1 trick pony that it used to be. Due to Plaguebreak, the ball groups will need to be mindful use purge at the right moment instead of having it in their rotation. Dark Convergence and Proxy Det will force them to actually spread out once in a while. The playing field has been leveled my friends. This is good news for all of us. Even ball groups should be happy that they will have a new changeling to crack.

Lol. Nice take.

It's simple, ball groups don't have to purge anymore. Easy.

Literally took one raid to figure out how to counter the new sets.
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MadeInVN wrote: »
    I'm a solo PvPer/smallscaler, and I don't think any mechanic/set that allows 1 person/small group to completely wipe a larger coordinated group should exist in the game. It's broken gameplay at its core.

Instead of introducing sets to counter ball groups, ZOS needs to attack the mechanics that make ball groups strong in the first place. Diminishing cross heals with increasing group size, capping group heals, capping AoE purge, etc. are much better and more balanced at limiting a large group's strength than what we currently have in this new patch.

Dark Convergence issue isn't about the damage it does. It is the fact that it pulls you in after half a second pass, than it stuns you for 1 second. This give you the player roughly 2 seconds to break free and roll out of the AOE before you get hit. That isn't much time. The issue here is how much Crowd Control utility the set provides. Add to this you also have to deal with the crowd control feature of the ability that triggered Dark Convergence.

Looking over the set, I would recommend removing the stun from it. This may help a bit in avoiding it.