The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

NEW PROC SETS SO OP

aslancik12
aslancik12
✭✭
Hrothgar hits +10k to normal players and it can procs several times at the same time in gvg

Dark Convergence hits more than hrothgar and if ppl who using it wear VD with it like bombers , they can easly 1 shot whole group even if they are vet player.

So why we playing and being vet good players in this game while game gave us that kind of no brain sets ? We try to do gvg with a good group and Some noobs came with this sets and spamming idiot skills.Today we died so many times bcs of these 2 sets.This game getting boring and boring every freaking day.

İF YOU DONT KNOW :

Dark Convergence:
(2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
(3 items) Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
(4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage and Spell Damage
(5 items) Casting abilities that leave an effect on the ground will create an area that applies a 30% snare and pulls enemies every 2 seconds after a 1 second delay, and stun them for 1 second. After 4 seconds, the area deals 1092 Magic Damage to all enemies in the area, and 2185 Magic Damage to enemies within 3 meters of the center, increasing by 10% for each target. This effect can occur once every 20 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage

Hrothgar's Chill:
2 items: Adds 1206 Maximum Health
3 items: Adds 1487 Armor
4 items: Adds 1487 Offensive Penetration
5 items: Stunning or Immobilizing your enemy causes them to burst with frost magic, applying the Chilled status effect and dealing 26% of their total Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance as Frost Damage to themselves and enemies within 8 meters of them. This effect can occur once every 7 seconds.
Edited by aslancik12 on August 26, 2021 12:28AM
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely love the new sets! They seem way more “inspired” than sets have been in a while, and pvp is finally interesting to me again!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we asked for help killing the huge zergs in pvp.
    these sets help us do what we asked for.
    they only hurt you if your in a Huge group.
    im sory, but, i dont see the problem.

right now and for the past 8 years we have been asking for help to stop huge tight unkillable groups, we finaly now have the help we asked for.
    just honest feedback.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dark Convergence is easy to avoid. Just played 5 battlegrounds and only got hit by it once.
    PC NA
  • aslancik12
    aslancik12
    ✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

right now and for the past 8 years we have been asking for help to stop huge tight unkillable groups, we finaly now have the help we asked for.
    just honest feedback.

whn you saw a small scale group with this set you will understand what i meant to say.its good against big groups.BUT not good for small scale groups.
  • aslancik12
    aslancik12
    ✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    Dark Convergence is easy to avoid. Just played 5 battlegrounds and only got hit by it once.

ofc easy to avoid but when it hits you once , hits big :D actually all proc sets are problem.not only these 2.many proc sets gives advantage plebs to kill vet players without no skill.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just honest feedback.

Yep you guys sure got rid of the large groups

2 weeks later...

"Wait where did all the players go?"
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really like the thought put into the set bonuses but they may be overperforming.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrothgar only hit me for around 4k, guess I am an abnormal player. Always wanted to be the Contrarian...
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect convergence is bugged:

1. A character standing the middle of the AoE takes damage from two procs - both the general AoE proc AND the proc that damages charcters 3m from the center.
    2. The set's proc doesn't seem to obey the 20 sec. cooldown.
    3. I suspect it might deal more dmg than intended - my 30k resist character takes approx. 5k and 10k dmg from the two procs. So that's a 15k proc dmg that can be hard to avoid since you cannot block the pull effect of the ability.

Then imagine that it can suck in whole groups and deal even more damage.

Overall, it is rubbish design, it is bugged, and it is overperforming.

People were already getting tired of NB bombers (even though it WAS magblades time to shine for a bit), but now we have ranged bombing too.

@ZoS This is everything the PvP playerbase did not want.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • Pymad
    Pymad
    ✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    I suspect convergence is bugged:

1. A character standing the middle of the AoE takes damage from two procs - both the general AoE proc AND the proc that damages charcters 3m from the center.
    2. The set's proc doesn't seem to obey the 20 sec. cooldown.
    3. I suspect it might deal more dmg than intended - my 30k resist character takes approx. 5k and 10k dmg from the two procs. So that's a 15k proc dmg that can be hard to avoid since you cannot block the pull effect of the ability.

Then imagine that it can suck in whole groups and deal even more damage.

Overall, it is rubbish design, it is bugged, and it is overperforming.

People were already getting tired of NB bombers (even though it WAS magblades time to shine for a bit), but now we have ranged bombing too.

@ZoS This is everything the PvP playerbase did not want.

The description of the 5th bonus set (from the patch note) :
    5 – Casting abilities that leave an effect on the ground will create an area that applies a 60% snare and pulls enemies every 2 seconds after a 0.5 second delay, and stun them for 1 seconds. After 4 seconds, the area deals Magic Damage to all enemies in the area, and additional Magic Damage to enemies within 3 meters of the center, increasing the damage by 10% for each target. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds and scales off the higher of your Weapon or Spell Damage.

1) This is deliberate. You take damage + additionnal damage into the 3 meter area.
    2) Yes, because they changed it during PTS weeks to 15 seconds.
    3) It depends a lot on the damage of the opponent. Try to block the area and you'll see a lot less damage incoming.

I guess this set is a pain for zerg and people who doesn't block ... but to be honest, this is not so hard to reduce the damage incoming from this proc. That's, finally, a tool anti-zerg and this is what they want (Developper comment: This set was designed with one goal in mind – kill large groups. Pesky zerg sitting on your keep or resource flag? Send them to the void by pairing this set with some hard CC and immobilizes.) and what PvP players want too.

Of course it means that 40-people-zerg will have to degroup a bit and to block skills to negate this set ...
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aslancik12 wrote: »

ofc easy to avoid but when it hits you once , hits big :D actually all proc sets are problem.not only these 2.many proc sets gives advantage plebs to kill vet players without no skill.

If it's easy to avoid, then why does it kill vet players? Maybe that's your vet players have no skill then?

Are old proc sets still a problem to you after they introduced scalings? This is git gud problem, sorry.

The only issue I see is they screwed up math (see other thread)
  • Pymad
    Pymad
    ✭✭
    It kill people because this is new, because they are in huge group and because they don't block.

This is a new AoE damage set increasing damage on large groups. The only comparison we can make with old sets which could look like this one is VD, which ... kills players because they are stacked and don't block. Of course sometimes they can't block because of NB's ultimate but that's another thing.

May the damage is bit high but even with a 20% nerf, it will kill people as they don't avoid the AoE or even block in it. And this scales on the SD/WD so you need to invest into damage stats to increase it, losing resistance or ressource stats etc

Honestly, the problem is more about Hrothgar than DC. Let 2-3 weeks to zerg people and they learn how to avoid DC. Even without a nerf.
    Edited by Pymad on August 26, 2021 12:22PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    divnyi wrote: »

If it's easy to avoid, then why does it kill vet players? Maybe that's your vet players have no skill then?

Are old proc sets still a problem to you after they introduced scalings? This is git gud problem, sorry.

Bombers killed vet players too if they weren't blocking. Heck even I kill a top tier player every once and a while. :)

Same old song and dance. OP sets to sell the DLC, then they get nerfed next patch.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

just honest feedback.

You’ve always had the ability to kill zergs and ball groups, it’s called skill and coordination. Problem is people keep asking for crutches to do it for them and instead of having the intended effect, those same groups are going to start using them and be even stronger. Rinse and repeat.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »

just honest feedback.

You’ve always had the ability to kill zergs and ball groups, it’s called skill and coordination. Problem is people keep asking for crutches to do it for them and instead of having the intended effect, those same groups are going to start using them and be even stronger. Rinse and repeat.

Well, ZOS finally gave them the crutch sets they were hoping for.

I'm interested to see if it really works out over time, or if, as you say, the organized groups figure out how to adapt and then use those sets against their less organized foes.
  • aslancik12
    aslancik12
    ✭✭

dude we all have +40k resist and good mitigration percent.Today in ic 4 ppl hits us 9k hrothgar.They hit 2k dizzy or 5k asassin will but a freakn set hits me 9k where is justice ? even dawnbreaker hits 4k but this idiot set hits more than ulti.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dude we all have +40k resist and good mitigration percent.
    Wait a minute, is set working as intended?
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »

i mean 40k resists total is only slightly above average for most players.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Apparently yes, it is working as intended, as it scales off the targets resists. Actually, it may be under performing if it only hit for 9k on 40k resists, it should have hit for 10.4k. ;)
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

Apparently yes, it is working as intended, as it scales off the targets resists. Actually, it may be under performing if it only hit for 9k on 40k resists, it should have hit for 10.4k. ;)

It just seems like a weird choice to have a set scale off someone else's stats and then punish those nearby for something they have no control over. Kinda like back when you couldn't heal someone outside your group but could die to the VD proc when they keeled over.

Even more of a weird choice to put said set out in heavy armour, when the whole point of making procs scale was to cut down on extra tanky people doing absurd damage with little to no effort or downside.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

It just seems like a weird choice to have a set scale off someone else's stats and then punish those nearby for something they have no control over. Kinda like back when you couldn't heal someone outside your group but could die to the VD proc when they keeled over.

Even more of a weird choice to put said set out in heavy armour, when the whole point of making procs scale was to cut down on extra tanky people doing absurd damage with little to no effort or downside.

Yeah how about all this anti zerg stuff...

I mean, lets start a bit from afar. There are sets that buff "allies". And there are sets that buff "group members". So why don't make anti-zerg sets and abilities behave in such manner? Like, they do some damage always when they hit "random" targets, but nothing too crazy, but when they hit players that are in group, damage is waaay higher. All the new sets, VD, even proxy det can work this way. Tooltip could be like '...does 2000 damage, this is multiplied by x% for each grouped target'. This also should solve the problem of pets and npcs multiplying damage.

Yeah, when you are playing solo, you are often punished because some rando was hanging out nearby and was not blocking, now you will be punished because someone tanky hangs out nearby... But coordinated groups have advantage of communication and are less likely to do such mistakes. Even LFG pugs are usually more coordinated.

So, of course zerg can choose not to group, but they are going to lose all the group only buffs, and lack of crown could make zerging more complicated.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s almost like what informed people said on the PTS who actually tested things may have had an informed opinion.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrotgar is fine, but I think sometimes it's bugged. Either for AoE stun the proc take in count resistance of ecery single person hit OR it proc multiples times, both of these situations aren't normal at all.
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now
    Waiting
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerg Busting Enabling Sets.

As usual ZOS Dropped the ball, its almost like a pattern, Release Crimson, Raises interest on YouTube, Sells copies/Subs waits, NERFS, Says "We learned this time, Promise", drops PTS with next Ludicrous set, Doesn't reduce it's damage if the wearer is Also in a group/running in proximity to faction mates results in dozens of purple black hole gravity orbs appearing in a 60 meter radius around you while more explosions than the 4th of July happen.

"IF" This was about stopping "Zergs" then maybe they shouldn't have created "Alliance WAR" where Armies face Armies to control keeps/ IC districts.

"IF" This was about stopping Zergs, then Why are reflector tanks almost pointless and receive nerfs.

"IF" this was to stop Super tanks or the Tank meta then add class skills that drop blocks, add morphs that get more powerful (single target) the higher a persons mitigation (but is much much weaker against normal players as a gamble, i,.e Not Hrothgar), Or simply CAP the resist/mitigation at a much lower level in PVP via Battle spirit.

Simply "Adding higher damage set X" has only ever served to push power creep in ESO and in other games too, Just look back at ESO over the years, starts ok, gets crazy, ZOS "Big reset guys" then creep it again, If they carry on then ESO will just look like THIS
    I
    \/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-TGxrUQjkk
    Edited by Lapin_Logic on August 27, 2021 1:19AM
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can nerf the sets when they nerf purge spam IMO. [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 27, 2021 1:47PM
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

Bombers killed vet players too if they weren't blocking. Heck even I kill a top tier player every once and a while. :)

Same old song and dance. OP sets to sell the DLC, then they get nerfed next patch.

these sets are not dlc
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious about the consequences these sets will have.
    Every campaign is dead except Gray Host on PS EU.

I can imagine 3 different scenarios:
    1. People adapt, small groups spread around the map instead of faction stacking. -> Cyrodiil goes from PvP to PvD.
    2. People gets fed up and quit. -> PvP population decreases even more.
    3. People move to Ravenwatch. -> Ravenwatch becomes the new main campaign or at least gets a decent population.
    Edited by Jackey on August 27, 2021 8:27AM
    PS | EU
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely love the new sets! They seem way more “inspired” than sets have been in a while, and pvp is finally interesting to me again!

It's sad that having your set play for you finally makes "PvP" (it's not imo PvP when your gear is playing and killing, it's Gear vs Player) interesting to you again.
    But please do not for a second think you are a badass "PvP" player, the badass is your armor.
    Edited by Idinuse on August 27, 2021 10:57AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest to try out non-cp, its close to the original ESO pvp. The sets won't do the work for you, you will need personal skill and teamwork, or you die very fast.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC