Okay why did ZOS think it was a good idea to introduce these sets for PvP?

MadeInVN
MadeInVN
✭✭✭✭
1giVTOs.png

Seriously why?
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you should tell us what set/sets you are talking about
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It would seem they are talking about Wrothgar's chill. It is the name listed in the SS, though I wonder if that is photoshopped.
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When faced with 19k Hrothgar's Chill, try using Encase or Rune Prison to even the odds.
  • temerley
    temerley
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think it's photo-shopped.

19,386/0.26=74.5k

74.5k/2=~37k spell and phy resist which is believable, with pariah it can get even higher.

I can see this happening with say, balorgh and 2h ult.
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a good set to use against ballgroups.. we're you perhaps in such a group when you died.?
  • MadeInVN
    MadeInVN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

It would seem they are talking about Wrothgar's chill. It is the name listed in the SS, though I wonder if that is photoshopped.

I and another guy got hit with this by someone getting CC mid corrosive. Corrosive gives around 100k armor, so 26% of that. The proc is AoE as well.
  • temerley
    temerley
    ✭✭✭
    [redacted pre-emptively].
    Edited by temerley on August 24, 2021 6:06AM
  • MadeInVN
    MadeInVN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a good set to use against ballgroups.. we're you perhaps in such a group when you died.?

The screenshot was taken in a BG game. How on earth are you going to avoid a BG fight without making your team lose?
  • Defending
    Defending
    ✭✭
    Hrothgar's Chill is probably intended to be a great counter to Pariah since everyone seems to recommend/shift towards that set as the defensive option.

Though as a defensive player frankly there are multiple other better alternatives, so personally Hrothgar's Chill don’t even affect me that much. At best it is just slightly overturned in my opinion.

Not to mention we now have free major protection from flare for more mitigation, but that’s a separate topic.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MadeInVN wrote: »
    Amottica wrote: »

I and another guy got hit with this by someone getting CC mid corrosive. Corrosive gives around 100k armor, so 26% of that. The proc is AoE as well.

IF that's true then it sounds more like a problem with the back-end implementation of Corrosive than it does with the set.
  • MadeInVN
    MadeInVN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Defending wrote: »
    Hrothgar's Chill is probably intended to be a great counter to Pariah since everyone seems to recommend/shift towards that set as the defensive option.

Though as a defensive player frankly there are multiple other better alternatives, so personally Hrothgar's Chill don’t even affect me that much. At best it is just slightly overturned in my opinion.

Not to mention we now have free major protection from flare for more mitigation, but that’s a separate topic.

Yea, but the issue is it's aoe damage and doesnt require you to stack into offensive dmg. You just need to find a tank on the other team (the healer who is usually the tankiest) and stun that guy and everyone around him takes a 12-15k proc. It also has a 7s cooldown, so you can literally wear 3 defensive sets yourself and still have the potential to wipe an entire team. Those are just some issues off the top of my head, but there are a lot more wrong with this set in a real fight.
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The screenshot was taken in a BG game. How on earth are you going to avoid a BG fight without making your team lose?

I cant see what you are doing from that tiny picture, so it was a fair question
    Edited by zelaminator on August 24, 2021 6:26AM
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I cant see what you are doing from that tiny picture

The giveaway is the Orange fire drake icon :)
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • zelaminator
    zelaminator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dem0n1k wrote: »

I cant see what you are doing from that tiny picture

The giveaway is the Orange fire drake icon :)

True.. On a phone though, so just looked like EP hehe
  • temerley
    temerley
    ✭✭✭
    Defending wrote: »

Yea, but the issue is it's aoe damage and doesnt require you to stack into offensive dmg. You just need to find a tank on the other team (the healer who is usually the tankiest) and stun that guy and everyone around him takes a 12-15k proc. It also has a 7s cooldown, so you can literally wear 3 defensive sets yourself and still have the potential to wipe an entire team. Those are just some issues off the top of my head, but there are a lot more wrong with this set in a real fight.

LOLOLOLOL, Balorgh+VD+HC+Proxy? :D
  • temerley
    temerley
    ✭✭✭
    50K health warden warden just spamming artic blast.
    Toppling proc.
    DB + Proc
    Talons + proc
    Streak + proc
    tether + proc
    and the list goes on.......

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, I guess the no cp, no proc sounds good right now.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Total Resist * 0.26 * Battle Spirit * (1 - Mitigation) = Damage
    Damage / (0.26 * Battle Spirit * (1 - Mitigation)) = Total Resist

Let's say you had 0 resist and they had +15% Berserk, 19386 / (0.26 * 0.5 * 1.15) = 129672 Total Resist

How is this possible?

Edited by SkaraMinoc on August 24, 2021 6:53AM
    PC NA
  • temerley
    temerley
    ✭✭✭
    OH MY GOD, the AOE STUNS AND IMMOBILIZE ARE GONNA BE OP.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    temerley wrote: »
    19,386/0.26=74.5k

74.5k/2=~37k spell and phy resist which is believable, with pariah it can get even higher.

You forgot battle spirit.

149123 * 0.26 * 0.5 = 19386 damage taken w/ 0 mitigation
    19386 / (0.26 * 0.5) = 149123 total resist

Edited by SkaraMinoc on August 24, 2021 7:00AM
    PC NA
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There must be an effect from another set we're not seeing that's spiking the source damage or target's resist.

Or there's a bug in the calculation and this is not intended.
    PC NA
  • temerley
    temerley
    ✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    19,386/0.26=74.5k

You forgot battle spirit.

149123 * 0.26 * 0.5 = 19386 damage taken w/ 0 mitigation
    19386 / (0.26 * 0.5) = 149123 total resist

Ah yes, didn't really think about battle spirit.
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be faster, it's right there 4heed
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • Defending
    Defending
    ✭✭
    50K health warden warden just spamming artic blast.
    Toppling proc.
    DB + Proc
    Talons + proc
    Streak + proc
    tether + proc
    and the list goes on.......

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, I guess the no cp, no proc sounds good right now.

I mean the whole point of this occurrence is because players are sick of being one-shotted, no new set or future major game modifications will change the result.

Over the past weeks playing battlegrounds consistently I can’t even remember how many sub 25k hp players just got one-shotted by crystal weapon + frenzied momentum and just avoid PvP (do objectives) or quit the match.

If Hrothgar Chill is intended to be the “tank buster” then a serious review of the set will be needed since well - As OP mentioned i too believe it might be an overlook on the set design that “pure tanks” themselves can use the set and actually achieve better results.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, another thing I have had zero issues running into. Considering I defend the breaches and keeps all the time on the same exact server you do, it's hard to believe that such a problematic set wouldn't be encountered at the same values for everyone else.

Also, the entire purpose is to punish players stacking. You know what the counter to the set is? Not stacking, not being a tanky build, and again -- making different build choices and decisions than the ones you are doing now.

Every decision should have a consequence. Previously, that wasn't the case, but now that it's happening on live and people's cheese 1vX builds are getting melted, the forums are now the place to complain about it?

This patch is literally more balanced than I ever thought it would be an still better than the last patch, and yet the complaints will flood the forums as expected anyway.

I can post screenshots of 23k bow heavies, does that mean they need a nerf too? I am sure if I start talking about those, players will promptly direct me to the roll and block button, then next direct me to the build simulator.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,
    As we've removed a few comments that were baiting and non-constructive, this is a friendly reminder that comments need to adhere to our Community Rules to avoid thread derailment.
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on August 24, 2021 12:27PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There must be an effect from another set we're not seeing that's spiking the source damage or target's resist.

It was mentioned in a comment that the target was using the corrosive Ult, which gives them more resistance. So the set is working as intended, doing more damage the more resistance the target has.

I don't really see this as a problem. The target had high resistance from an ult, and they got punished for it.
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

It was mentioned in a comment that the target was using the corrosive Ult, which gives them more resistance. So the set is working as intended, doing more damage the more resistance the target has.

I don't really see this as a problem. The target had high resistance from an ult, and they got punished for it.

Corrosive doesn't even give armor. In fact, the thing it *does* do would prevent this damage.

Smh
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly, Corrosive is supposed to cap your damage taken at 3% of your max HP.

It doesn’t give you armor!

Edit: Saying that, it wouldn’t surprise me if Corrosive/Magma was coded to always grant the necessary armor on every attack to “cap” damage taken to be 3% of max HP.

OR, if the damage being capped on the DK didn’t mean the damage on those around him didn’t get the full effect.

Anyway, it is a strangely designed set, the wearer won’t feel as much damage because they have high resists, yet those around him will feel it. The opposite of stacking hp and resists so as not to be the guy that proves VD and kills everyone around you.
    Edited by NeillMcAttack on August 24, 2021 2:21PM
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did ZOS add those sets?

Because everything else ZOS has tried to nerf ballgroups has failed, usually making the ballgroups either stronger than opponents or just plain stronger.

And so ZOS tried to hand small scale and pug players a bunch of sets that are theoretically designed to destroy ballgroups...and is hoping and praying that the ball groups don't (predictably) use those sets to destroy their less organized opponents in turn.

Sorry, but BG balance took a back seat to the complaints of Cyrodiil players this time.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »

Corrosive doesn't even give armor. In fact, the thing it *does* do would prevent this damage.

Smh

Ah, yeah. For some reason I was mixing it up with Berserker Rage effects.