The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Magicka Detonation scaling

Thraben
Thraben
✭✭✭✭✭
There are rumors that Magicka Detonation and its morph now scale with Weapon Damage as well, even though I can't find it in the patch notes.

Has anyone more infos on that?
Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thraben wrote: »
    There are rumors that Magicka Detonation and its morph now scale with Weapon Damage as well, even though I can't find it in the patch notes.

It's not written on Patch note but on PTS it actually scale with WD too so I guess they just forgot to add the information on the patch note
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »
    Thraben wrote: »

It's not written on Patch note but on PTS it actually scale with WD too so I guess they just forgot to add the information on the patch note

Yeah, so I heard.

Are the tooltipps comparable to the magicka variant?

If so, PvP group play will be utterly dominated by Stamina groups from now on.
    Edited by Thraben on August 16, 2021 3:06PM

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I can confirm that it scales from Stamina + Weapon Damage as well.

I did not test which Critical Chance rate it uses but it may well use Weapon Critical as well.

Since it is Magic Damage it will still continue to use Spell Penetration though.
  • CaperGuy
    CaperGuy
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my.

Has anyone tested how many people it needs to hit now to make it kinda....'worth it'? Cause if I remember they took some of the oomph away from it for 1-3 targets?
    Characters:

Trivalaur - Breton Templar(Healer)
  • Sluggy
    Sluggy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's really an issue if it uses Spell Pen as penetration values are more-or-less hybridized now and without the use of specific penetration sets you'll generally find that your spell and weapon will be equal. I kind like this actually. It provides some more build options while still allowing specific specs to stack in particular ways that other specs can't.

As for the damage, I haven't really tested it but I have looked at the tooltip and it is roughly 25% of what I would expect to see on my builds on live. But it also scales four times faster per target so make of that what you will.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krulzuk wrote: »
    Oh my.

Has anyone tested how many people it needs to hit now to make it kinda....'worth it'? Cause if I remember they took some of the oomph away from it for 1-3 targets?

I've calculated that the Break-Even-Point (when the new Deto starts to hit harder than the old one) is between 8 and 10 players. If you hit more than 3 targets, it will be stronger than the usual AoE skill standard of Pulsar/Whirlwind.

Edited by Thraben on August 17, 2021 9:07AM

• vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember that you'll get 11.500 Spell Penetration from a 500 ulti Balorgh proc and you can craft Acuity in Medium. The Vicious Death Tooltip is already on live way higher on a Stamina Character than on Magicka Characters. Just saying.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!