The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NightBlades cloak should ramp up in cost when in stealth.

BlakMarket
BlakMarket
✭✭✭✭
It just makes sense.
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, there are already so many things that break stealth. This would render the skill useles.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, there are already so many things that break stealth. This would render the skill useles.

How would it render the skill useless? You just would need to sustain it if you wanted to perma cloak. I run detect pots on all my toons, even on my stam and magdk, I struggle to pull NB's out of stealth.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlakMarket wrote: »

How would it render the skill useless? You just would need to sustain it if you wanted to perma cloak. I run detect pots on all my toons, even on my stam and magdk, I struggle to pull NB's out of stealth.
    If I said l2p, I'd probably get thrown out of this thread. Let me try and be more nuanced. Stamblades can't sustain cloak. There may be a few who can with Darloc Brae (and who likely have compromised damage for wearing that set), but most can do maybe 3 successive casts of it. They need magicka for Shadow Image as well. Indeed, if you fail to pull nightblades out of stealth, the likelihood is that they're not cloaking at all, but they're using Shadow Image.

The other factor is speed. A fast character may outrun even the detect pot of a slow one. I'm as fast as they come on my magblade and I can have a hard time keeping another one in range. Let me ask you this, though: What else have I got? Have you played magblade much? If a magblade decides to f off, you gotta let them go. That's their prerogative. If they decide to fight, there are currently - this being the very high damage meta it is - a few builds that hit really hard. For the most part that involves Proxy Det, however, which you have to cast 8s in advance. By and large magblades remain inferior stamblades when it comes to damage. I play a magblade that can sustain perma-cloak. Not all can. Things have gotten a little easier in recent patches, but I still pay a price for that. I have to build a certain way and my damage is not the best. I am also squishy. I play a sustain build, not a tanky build and not a super high damage build, because you can't have everything. Perma-cloak is the one thing I'm looking for, a feature that makes my magblade substantially different to play from my stamblade. You want to take that away from me? From the weak build that has actually made the compromises to get there? No thank you.

Can I take down a 1vX-spec necro / warden / DK on my own with my build? Nope. Could you do it with a duelling-spec magblade? Perhaps. Could you do it with a currently stupidly OP-even-against-single-targets strategically executed bombing? Perhaps. I, however, the perma-cloaking spec, cannot do that. What do you think the likely outcome is against a stam brawler spec, if I square off against them in the open for any length of time? I die. 100%. Who do you think they kill first, if I put myself in the middle of an AvA fight? Me. I've been collateral damage from Crescent Sweeps, Dawnbreakers and Subterranean Assaults that weren't even aimed at me. That should tell you everything you need to know. A nightblade's defense is only as good as their last successful Shadow Image, Cloak or dodge roll. It's a very active defense. If you play a tankier class, a DK, and you can't deal with that, then that's on you. Your main problem is most likely impatience. It's not a slow DKs place to chase a fast nightblade. If they could do that successfully, the nightblade would have nothing left. It relies on being elusive. As a DK you have to wait for the fight to come to you and, then, one well-timed leap / Vateshran / execute combo will likely kill the nightblade. That's when you use the detection potion or skill. Not sooner. Do not expect to actively go hunting nightblades on your class. That's reserved for other nightblades and streaking sorcs.

Aside from this, ZOS are changing a bunch of things next patch already. Cloak mechanics and detection methods are being reworked. The viability of Proxy Det against single targets will be nerfed again.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only def tool for my magblade is Cloak. Have no burst heals and Rapid Regen will heal ANYONE except me even when i have low HP. Needless to say that you need to use Resto weapon just for one damn skill. And damage shields a strong only with ton hp/ton mag builds.

Stamblades can't sustain Cloak, though they can sustain dodgedodgedodgedodge, which magblades can not. Yet no one saying about puting dodge on ramp up in cost.
    Edited by mocap on July 28, 2021 9:50AM
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak works fine it is expensive for what it does in its vanilla form.

As a NB main I would not be surprised if the Vampire/NB synergy was given a second look as it is Vampirism which is the source of every claim that NB is OP at the moment.

Vanilla Blade in cloak moves at jogging pace. It is easier to break an initial cloak by using AoE like caltrops/shalks/spin2win than it is to miss the NB. The Vampire damage boosts also synergise well with NB because the perceived risk (health costs / stunted regen) are essentially neutralised by stealth-based play.

It shouldn't be a given that NB becomes ez mode just by picking up Vampirism but right now that is how sone players have used it.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mocap wrote: »
    the only def tool for my magblade is Cloak. Have no burst heals and Rapid Regen will heal ANYONE except me even when i have low HP. Needless to say that you need to use Resto weapon just for one damn skill. And damage shields a strong only with ton hp/ton mag builds.

Stamblades can't sustain Cloak, though they can sustain dodgedodgedodgedodge, which magblades can not. Yet no one saying about puting dodge on ramp up in cost.

Dodge has a ramped cost, for all players.
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloak is pretty much the only defense I have on Magblade and even that is countered super easily. Making a Magblade work as a non-bombing spec is challenging enough as it is.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • birdik
    birdik
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing that need cost increasing is block.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would not be a problem in stamblade since they just sneak most of the time and cloak only before attack and when escape.

It will be a problem in magblade, up to the point where it will be unusable.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would render the skill useles.
    Would that really be such a bad thing?
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    ramping cloak cost will make it harder to completely leave a fight by cloaking away but wont stop the cloak-burst-cloak-burst-cloak-burst-cloak taktik, because the ramping cost will probably be reset while they burst a player. As a stamblade with 15k magicka i can cloak 4 times, maybe 5 times because of mag regen before magicka is empty. It is already difficult to get away and hide from a player or zerg before i have to get visible again. With ramping cost this will be even more difficult. But for burst-cloak-burst you probably pnly need to cloak twice.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Well, yes because NB exceeds in stealth gameplay. Without cloak (that is kinda important tool & iconic class skill) players would just swap to stam sorc or stam necro vamp. I mean what would be the point of NB then ? Aside from cloak & stealth gameplay all other classes do literally everything else better. There were some interesting playstyles & builds for NB in the past (like sap - tank for example) but it all got nerfed over the years to the point that they are just not vailable curiosity / memento form the past.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 28, 2021 10:43PM
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes.

It would be removing an otherwise unique gameplay element that diversifies open world combat.

And basically, what Fred4 said. Being able to permacloak in a reliable fashion requires significant investment, which compromises damage and/or survivability. All those gank and burst builds that seem to currently be drawing a lot of ire - they already can’t sustain cloak permanently.
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magblade does not have a healing skill, it can only rely on resto staff rapid regen that half the time goes to someone else.
    How you suggest a magblade could survive then?
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In order to successfully cast cloak four times as a stamblade in pvp, you need at least 900 mag recovery. The only effective way to get this without affecting what you wear is to back bar the Support ultimate Barrier with the skill line leveled up to give you the 20% mag recovery bonus.

The bow major expedition passive (and shade) is why you can't catch them, even with detect pots. The back bar on a stamblade is the bow bar, and that usually the cloak + shade bar because it's the getaway-abilities bar. The bow passive gives you major expedition when you roll dodge with a bow equipped, so the the retreat combo is shuffle, roll, sprint, cloak (if shade not used/practical)

The counter to Shade is to find the shade and camp it until the nb returns.

The counter to the retreat combo above is AoE immobilization/snare + range burst/gap-closer w/some detect boost.

Remember: AoE doesn't require you to be able to see your target.

The immunity from shuffle is going to be no more than 7 seconds, after that the goal is to make the stamblade break free, because they will have to eat the full cost of it or the next rolldodge because they likely have the champion passive that makes their first roll dodge free and they can't gain that benefit if they've already consumed the free breakfree from the other passive and vice-versa.

If you're ranged mag, burst them down when exposed (e.g. mages wrath, radiant, etc). Non-ranged will need gap closer. Ideal gap closer for this is one that pulls the stamblade to you, like dk grip, warden frozen device, fighters guild silver leash, etc.

If you are a tank in cyrodiil, ruining a stamblade's day should be your bread and butter. Think traps.
    Edited by waitwhat on July 28, 2021 12:49PM
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh also a lot of cloaking stamblades have a stealth pot with major expedition/healing, which is accessible to anyone and just good judgement for anyone who needs a retreat.
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.

"30s to eval"
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    waitwhat wrote: »
    In order to successfully cast cloak four times as a stamblade in pvp, you need at least 900 mag recovery. The only effective way to get this without affecting what you wear is to back bar the Support ultimate Barrier with the skill line leveled up to give you the 20% mag recovery bonus.

The bow major expedition passive (and shade) is why you can't catch them, even with detect pots. The back bar on a stamblade is the bow bar, and that usually the cloak + shade bar because it's the getaway-abilities bar. The bow passive gives you major expedition when you roll dodge with a bow equipped, so the the retreat combo is shuffle, roll, sprint, cloak (if shade not used/practical)

The counter to the retreat combo above is AoE immobilization/snare + range burst/gap-closer w/some detect boost.

The immunity from shuffle is going to be no more than 7 seconds, after that the goal is to make the stamblade break free, because they will have to eat the full cost of it or the next rolldodge because they likely have the champion passive that makes their first roll dodge free and they can't gain that benefit if they've already consumed the free breakfree from the other passive and vice-versa.

If you're ranged mag, burst them down when exposed (e.g. mages wrath, radiant, etc). Non-ranged will need gap closer. Ideal gap closer for this is one that pulls the stamblade to you, like dk grip, warden frozen device, fighters guild silver leash, etc.

If you are a tank in cyrodiil, ruining a stamblade's day should be your bread and butter. Think traps.
    Interesting post. I'm going to shoot myself in the foot and not agree with all of it :D.

My main point is: If a nightblade is well-played, you should not be able to catch it. Full stop. I should say, if it is conservatively played. Neither however should the nightblade be able to kill you, if you play defensively and you play well. That is how nightblades draw fights. There is no such thing as a nightblade drawing a fight out in the open, unless it is a Dark Cloak build.

With that out of the way, I'm having a chuckle at the (tank) builds that pull you to them. Yes, that can work in very zergy scenarios. It's nasty. However I've encountered just as many times where that works against you. People wearing Swarm Mother or some other set that pulls you have done so while they were in retreat mode. I am a melee magblade without a gap closer. If you cause me to gap close to you, I might say "thank you very much" and Incap you. Mostly I just dodge roll and am still too fast for you. The things I find nasty and how you may kill me are more like:
    1. Streak.
    2. Streak.
    3. Streak. I mean it. And to a lesser extent Lightning Form. A sorc with a detection potion and a good Streak combo is my deadliest foe. It's also just the #1 skill that will accidentally discover nightblades. As a nightblade I have to give a group with sorcs in it a wide berth. A player that runs some AOE, say a templar with Solar Barrage, is somewhat manageable and predictable for me. A sorc who is pursuing no discernable objective other than to PvP is the player I have to keep the most distance from, due to their erratic streaking. Their direction is unpredictable and they cover so much ground so quickly. As a nightblade you want to control the fight. If you're attacking a group, you invariably want to attack from the rear. That means you have to ascertain the direction the group is moving in. Sorcs make that much harder. They require you to keep a greater distance or they may discover you accidentally at the wrong time and the group will pounce on you.
    4. Being discovered by another nightblade, before I discover them. The first mover wins. Usually within 2 seconds B).
    5. Melee builds using Whirlwind as the execute.
    6. DKs, particularly mag DKs, who use Fossilize and are good at duelling. Meaning they CC like clockwork. The mag DKs also use Talons and some leap / whip combo and just never let go. Race Against Time won't help you against that much CC.
    7. I should probably list templars, but Jabs can actually be countered fairly well with healing, Race Against Time and Shadow Image. Toppling Charge doesn't work too well against really fast nightblades either.
    8. Oh, I almost forgot. If you specifically build anti-nightblade, that can also negate me almost completely. For example Bombard-spamming builds. There seem to be ways of boosting the crap out of that skill, especially this patch. You just get constantly rooted and I've taken 8K damage per hit. That said I am a nightblade without Shadow Image.
    9. I should also mention the Sentry set. Very nasty, because it has no range limitation and can be combined with potions for very high detection uptime.
    TL;DR: This game is rock, paper, scissors. Embrace it :p.
    Edited by fred4 on July 28, 2021 3:19PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    streak kills people
    cloak does not kill people -

cloak is a defense mechanism, it can be coupled with 1 damage hit against enemy but its not much because its main function is defense, and if you spam that you'll run out of resources and die.
    in addition its unreliable and easily broken and can be deleted with a poition by the enemy (detection potion) usually instantly.

Streak - both "unblockably Stuns" as well as "causes Damage" and can be used as escape.
    wheres the potion to delete thier shields and streak like is against invisibility?

Edited by Gilvoth on July 28, 2021 3:56PM
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you struggle to pull them out of stealth, then it's sounding very much like you're expecting the potions to do the work for you. Please stop asking for nerfs if you're not using counters as directed.
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It just makes sense.

It only makes sense if the ability were designed to work without hard counters.

For instance-

Roll dodge has a ramping cost because there are 2 ways to prevent it. You either stun your opponent or you kill them, that's it.

Streak/Ball also have a ramping cost, again with only 2 ways to hard counter it, Stun them or kill them.

Now I need not go into the vast counter to cloak, we all know what they are at this point.

So, I will only agree with you if the ability cloaked for 3 seconds every time you hit the button, Unless they were stunned or dead.

Now obviously the class would need to be redesigned a bit too. With positional passives and abilities (something all other abilities with cost increases don't have) the class is designed with the intention of spammy cloak use, to get into position.

I believe if we did that, the NB class as a whole would be A LOT more dangerous. So I am game.

However, with nerfs over time, Cloak from a offencive standpoint has lost quite a bit of power. It's still great (when it works) as a defencive option.

I fail to see peoples problem with cloak though, if a NB cloaks near you and coming for you, just block. If you are chasing one and he gets away, so what? Kill him when he tries again.

This need to chase a cloaking NB or a streaking Sorc and complain about them getting away just baffles me and has been around since day one.

You are supposed to struggle pulling a NB out of cloak!

It's like saying " Geez, I can't stop this guy from roll dodging" or " I should be able to prevent a Sorc from Streaking"

The idea of Cloak is to give the NB total control of combat engage/disengage and facilitate the use of the classes positional requirements.

Edited by Xeniph on July 28, 2021 7:00PM
    Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • BlakMarket
    BlakMarket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    It just makes sense.

For instance-

Roll dodge has a ramping cost because there are 2 ways to prevent it. You either stun your opponent or you kill them, that's it.

Streak/Ball also have a ramping cost, again with only 2 ways to hard counter it, Stun them or kill them.

Now I need not go into the vast counter to cloak, we all know what they are at this point.

So, I will only agree with you if the ability cloaked for 3 seconds every time you hit the button, Unless they were stunned or dead.

Now obviously the class would need to be redesigned a bit too. With positional passives and abilities (something all other abilities with cost increases don't have) the class is designed with the intention of spammy cloak use, to get into position.

I believe if we did that, the NB class as a whole would be A LOT more dangerous. So I am game.

However, with nerfs over time, Cloak from a offencive standpoint has lost quite a bit of power. It's still great (when it works) as a defencive option.

I fail to see peoples problem with cloak though, if a NB cloaks near you and coming for you, just block. If you are chasing one and he gets away, so what? Kill him when he tries again.

This need to chase a cloaking NB or a streaking Sorc and complain about them getting away just baffles me and has been around since day one.

It's like saying " Geez, I can't stop this guy from roll dodging" or " I should be able to prevent a Sorc from Streaking"

The idea of Cloak is to give the NB total control of combat engage/disengage and facilitate the use of the classes positional requirements.

Hang on a sec, dont both roll and streak ramp up in cost if used in quick succession? Or did I miss your point completely?
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    waitwhat wrote: »

Interesting post. I'm going to shoot myself in the foot and not agree with all of it :D.

My main point is: If a nightblade is well-played, you should not be able to catch it. Full stop. I should say, if it is conservatively played. Neither however should the nightblade be able to kill you, if you play defensively and you play well. That is how nightblades draw fights. There is no such thing as a nightblade drawing a fight out in the open, unless it is a Dark Cloak build.

With that out of the way, I'm having a chuckle at the (tank) builds that pull you to them. Yes, that can work in very zergy scenarios. It's nasty. However I've encountered just as many times where that works against you. People wearing Swarm Mother or some other set that pulls you have done so while they were in retreat mode. I am a melee magblade without a gap closer. If you cause me to gap close to you, I might say "thank you very much" and Incap you. Mostly I just dodge roll and am still too fast for you. The things I find nasty and how you may kill me are more like:
    1. Streak.
    2. Streak.
    3. Streak. I mean it. And to a lesser extent Lightning Form. A sorc with a detection potion and a good Streak combo is my deadliest foe. It's also just the #1 skill that will accidentally discover nightblades. As a nightblade I have to give a group with sorcs in it a wide berth. A player that runs some AOE, say a templar with Solar Barrage, is somewhat manageable and predictable for me. A sorc who is pursuing no discernable objective other than to PvP is the player I have to keep the most distance from, due to their erratic streaking. Their direction is unpredictable and they cover so much ground so quickly. As a nightblade you want to control the fight. If you're attacking a group, you invariably want to attack from the rear. That means you have to ascertain the direction the group is moving in. Sorcs make that much harder. They require you to keep a greater distance or they may discover you accidentally at the wrong time and the group will pounce on you.
    4. Being discovered by another nightblade, before I discover them. The first mover wins. Usually within 2 seconds B).
    5. Melee builds using Whirlwind as the execute.
    6. DKs, particularly mag DKs, who use Fossilize and are good at duelling. Meaning they CC like clockwork. The mag DKs also use Talons and some leap / whip combo and just never let go. Race Against Time won't help you against that much CC.
    7. I should probably list templars, but Jabs can actually be countered fairly well with healing, Race Against Time and Shadow Image. Toppling Charge doesn't work too well against really fast nightblades either.
    8. Oh, I almost forgot. If you specifically build anti-nightblade, that can also negate me almost completely. For example Bombard-spamming builds. There seem to be ways of boosting the crap out of that skill, especially this patch. You just get constantly rooted and I've taken 8K damage per hit. That said I am a nightblade without Shadow Image.
    9. I should also mention the Sentry set. Very nasty, because it has no range limitation and can be combined with potions for very high detection uptime.
    TL;DR: This game is rock, paper, scissors. Embrace it :p.

The goal of a tank is to protect others, so a tank caught alone has already failed.

"30s to eval"
  • Xeniph
    Xeniph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeniph wrote: »
    It just makes sense.

For instance-

Hang on a sec, dont both roll and streak ramp up in cost if used in quick succession? Or did I miss your point completely?

You missed the nuance I believe. Which was related to your stated "difficulty" of pulling a NB out of cloak.

"STOP" and "PREVENT" were the words for context. You can't do either unless you stun them, or kill them. Which also works with Cloak.
    However, unlike the other two, Cloak can be completely prevented, by a vast array of ways/abilities as well as stun and death.

I suppose to simplify my point-

You CAN'T stop someone from Rolling or Streaking, not really.

However you CAN completely prevent or negate Cloak if you choose to use the counters. This, along with a slight class redesign would be needed to make these abilities even comparable.

Here since Beta.

Characters: All of them, both Stamina and Magicka.
  • EndOfGreen
    It just makes sense.

After DK's leap cost increase at least 50% and Talons. After necro's Goliath time decrease to maximum 7 seconds. After streak cost increase to 50%. And so on
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the two viable options were:

• Ramping cost, but becomes unbreakable
    or
    • Stays untouched in current form

What would people go for?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rbfrgsp wrote: »
    If the two viable options were:

• Ramping cost, but becomes unbreakable
    or
    • Stays untouched in current form

What would people go for?
    If "unbreakable" means that it has same amount of hard counters as streak has - then I would go for it. But only then.
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    No. You dont have a Huge magicka pool as a stamblade, around 12-14k unless you run shacklebreaker/tristat food/race that gives you max mag. The cost is already high enough for a stamina toon and you have to build into magsustain of you wanna cloak more than 3-4 times in a row. And there are so many things that break cloak so its easy to dry them out of magicka if there are enough people.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magblade does not have a healing skill, it can only rely on resto staff rapid regen that half the time goes to someone else.
    How you suggest a magblade could survive then?

I'm just joking. I know magblade isn't in a great place right now because it's my second most played class. My remarks are caused by the disdain I have for stamblades. NOBODY with that much burst damage should have access to a teleport and the ability to become invisible at will. It's actually ridiculous.
  • Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    It just makes sense.

Ofc. On top of that it should deal damage and stun (unblockable) when u cast it near someone
    Edited by Andre_Noir on July 30, 2021 10:49AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm having fun with a speedy permacloak magblade right now.

It's a lot of fun. BUT as others have said, the sacrifices you have to make for that really make it very sub-meta.

21k health light armour, no defensive sets - I just explode when hit. I originally used a defensive set, but the survivability boost was so marginal without an initial investment in resistance etc, it wasn't really helping, and I killed nobody. Switched to a damage set and can now get kills on people who are already engaged/low health, and that's about it - because damage still isn't great.

Compared to my brawling stamden, this character just weak..

Why would you want to nerf something that is fun but underperforming?

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.