The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Need hardmodes pleaseeee plz plz

• Spurius_Lucilius
    Spurius_Lucilius
    ✭✭✭
    Since overland already have difference instances when there are too many people, I suggest create HM overland instance that could be port into via some kind of mechanic.
    PC NA Casual/PVP
  • Milli_Rabbit
    Milli_Rabbit
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I would kind of like this. New World reminded me of how fun it can be to have overland stuff scale in difficulty and then being able to go to a previous zone to wipe out enemies. The only problem with that system is keeping lower level zones relevant as more players leave because they are easy. I say just mix in harder content with easier content and make the endgame stuff medium to hard.
  • Camelord
    Camelord
    ✭✭
    These threads always lose me when someone suggests that the new "hard mode" also drop better loot. This time it happened in the OP.

If hard mode drops better loot, everyone (including new players and people who like things the way they are) will feel forced/obligated to enable it, because normal mode will feel like a waste of time in comparison.

Also, anyone who claims to be one-shotting stuff while running around naked is either lying, only attacking "critters" (which is effectively lying), or playing a low level alt.

In terms of eso better loot means better quality (except perfected for trials) i feel like if they went ahead and put a difficulty slider of some sort they'd need to put some reward behind it. I don't think more than 5-10% would turn it on if it didnt give rewards. It'd just be a waste of time. It could also just be an xp buff. Always found it weird that nbrp gives the same amount of xp as vbrp when one's waaay harder
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd be fine with an XP food buff that comes with a general self debuff while active.

Now yes, increasing xp even more will make you even stronger -- to a point. But the new CP 2.0 is supposed to have most things 'horizontal' so it wouldn't be much.

I think a modest XP boosting food is better than a gold or item boosting food. People can run the XP food without a modifier on it if they want, and they can run the negative modifier and at least 'get something' out of using it besides the feeling of accomplishment.

(Why something besides the feeling of accomplishment? I can do it already by using random skills and poor/no equipment, but it seems like people always want something as a trade-off for harder content to make it not slow down their overall progress.)
    PC NA