The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Zenimax please Buff/Rework Redguard

• oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a thread saying Redguard is a terrible dps race, and listing many race choices they can choose from that are superior to prove the point.

And me wondering why they want to take away my favourite tank race out of a only a few choices and not necessarily superior.
    Edited by oddbasket on July 23, 2021 3:13PM
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny enough that redguards were never tanks. They were scouts and skirmishers XD. Orcs were better tanks lorewise
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oddbasket wrote: »
    In a thread saying Redguard is a terrible dps race, and listing many race choices they can choose from that are superior to prove the point.

And me wondering why they want to take away my favourite tank race out of a only a few choices and not necessarily superior.

because redguards aren't tanks, they are pro sword users damage dealers.
    You can still use redguard if he gets changed, your tank will get to do more damage and still regen 900 more or less stam every 5 seconds.

It's weird usualy on es games orcs /nords / imperials are more or less the tanks.
    yet orcs on eso are a amazing FAST moving damage dealing race. ninja orcs bruh

Redguards The most physicaly fit and best swordsman on the elder scrolls world
    irRzN6B.gif
    Meanwhile on eso, they do zero damage.
    Edited by francesinhalover on July 23, 2021 3:25PM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Auzsi
    Auzsi
    ✭✭✭
    Malkiv wrote: »
    People that are worried about the damage through-put of Redguard racials are more than likely not going to be getting much benefit from any racial buff.

There are literally no non-meme top-tier guilds requiring people to run Khajiit, or Dunmer because of racial passives; it literally just doesn’t matter. A top-tier player will still parse over 90k in content with a Redguard in its current state. Racials aren’t what raise the floor, because the floor sees even less gain from small modifiers.

If you want racials changed because of lore reasons, then you’re just in for disappointment. People have been trying to get Morrison’s, Oblivion, or Skyrim racial matches since beta. That’s obviously not their vision for the development direction.
    Malkiv wrote: »
    258 dmg from dark elf passive is like 5% extra dmg. It does MAKE a diference.
    The whole less weapon cost and snare are just laughably bad for a race that has the best physic in the game.
    Redguards don't skip leg day, why do they get 0 damage?
    5% extra damage of what? On a parse? On an ability? Total Spell Damage - compared to what? Because 258 Spell Damage certainly isn’t as effective as stacking Major and Minor Sorcery, which you get from Spell Power Pots and Plars, respectively. Like I said before, only on Trial Trifectas would 258 Spell Power truly matter, because margins of success for the timed components are already thin.
    “People that are worried about the damage through-put of Redguard racials are more than likely not going to be getting much benefit from any racial buff." I legit have no idea why you even said this. Should we just accept a slice of pie instead of a full pie when we are hungry? We deserve that pie. WE DESERVE IT.

s1PJRn3.gif

But this isn’t pie, and you only want it because you have an idea of what you’d like Redguards to be. Their racials do already fill a role; it’s niche, but you want to take away from those players to fulfill your ideas. My Stamden burst daddy is a Redguard, because that sustain between ults is needed to keep pressure on, and buffs up.

But the cat gif is cute.

Outside of role playing purposes there is no reason to play redguard if you want to play seriously, there is nothing going for them. ZOS ruined them when they overhauled the racials. Bosmers and Argonians are pretty much in the same boat. They had a niche, strength and reason to be picked back then, but not any more.

If you are content with your redguard stamden then you don't care about your own performance.Which is fine, but respect people who does. Asking for buffs will not take anything away from players, and it shouldn't matter for you anyway because you likely don't care. :)
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have better idea - let's make races passives neutral (because race is mostly choosed by personal preferences - if you love khajits, you just make khajit character, also I want stamina Breton for example). They can give players option to pick one of all sets of passives and make this active - for example, you play Breton but you active Orc passives.

It will give more diversity with players races and more flexibility for making perfect builds. It will not broke balance, because it won't give anything that is not possible now - it will only remove specific race restriction, so visual and roleplay aspects mostly.
    Edited by Luke_Flamesword on July 23, 2021 5:05PM
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is just not worth using them has a dps at the moment, but i love the race so much... But believe me in my opinion you did a good job with the other races.

You can remove the 6% weapon damage cost and add 150 or 250 weapon damage , or remove the snare reduction passive... it would be amazing and help the race keep it's master of weapons identity... just please, give redguards some attention.

There's just no reason for me to play redguard when orc, Khajit , Dark elf , bosmer exists.

How about this for the Martial Training rework:

Reduces the cost of weapon abilities by 8%. Reduces the effectiveness of snares applied to you by 15%. Reduces the cost of combat actions (sprinting, roll dodging, blocking, bashing, breaking free and sneaking) by 5%.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have better idea - let's make races passives neutral (because race is mostly choosed by personal preferences - if you love khajits, you just make khajit character, also I want stamina Breton for example). They can give players option to pick one of all sets of passives and make this active - for example, you play Breton but you active Orc passives.

It will give more diversity with players races and more flexibility for making perfect builds. It will not broke balance, because it won't give anything that is not possible now - it will only remove specific race restriction, so visual and roleplay aspects mostly.

omg that's heaven, i once did a post asking for that on reddit, but people care too much about lore and were really rude to me.
    They said races would lose their identity :(
    3xcoxmV.gif
    Edited by francesinhalover on July 23, 2021 5:57PM
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is just not worth using them has a dps at the moment, but i love the race so much... But believe me in my opinion you did a good job with the other races.

You can remove the 6% weapon damage cost and add 150 or 250 weapon damage , or remove the snare reduction passive... it would be amazing and help the race keep it's master of weapons identity... just please, give redguards some attention.

There's just no reason for me to play redguard when orc, Khajit , Dark elf , bosmer exists.

Reduces the cost of weapon abilities by 8%. Reduces the effectiveness of snares applied to you by 15%. Reduces the cost of combat actions (sprinting, roll dodging, blocking, bashing, breaking free and sneaking) by 5%.

That would be really good for tank redguard.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should just grant the red guards a big damage bonus when using two handed swords. I wanted them to take this approach with bosmer, except give them bonus damage when using a bow. It makes sense, its lore friendly, it fits the racial theme, and its easy to do. Not sure why there's such reluctance to do it.

If we are going to go by lore then Redguards should get buffs for all bladed weapons, not just two-hand swords. The lore says that they are the swordmasters of the world. That martial passive is a joke.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I think they should just get a blanket cost reduction on all stamina abilities.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »
    They still have their uses even in current state. One of my tanks is a Redguard; I don't worry about dps crazy numbers with her, and get some great sustain to manage everything else she does. She is also a lore breaking necro, which gives me a good laugh when people freak out about it... :D

Breaking the lore.

Well aware of the lore. Don't care. Wanted the racials for the tank build I run on her. :D
  • Auzsi
    Auzsi
    ✭✭✭

That doesn't make sense and it's indeed lore breaking. They should just simply remove combat stats from racials (which is also lore breaking) and repurpose the system to focus on race specific traits and maybe some race specific utility stuffs, which does not impact your end game performance, but still make races feel different from each other.
  • SammyKhajit
    SammyKhajit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Misread title. Thought it was “Butt Rework Redguard”!
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Misread title. Thought it was “Butt Rework Redguard”!

wut!!! redguards have the best butt in the game , wouldn't mind some more meat in the sides though

5wNNPtl.png?1

6hcbSj8.gif

• Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    martial training is about weapons or hand to hand. Zos needs to look up what it means because nowhere does it mention snares.
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So if we want to keep the theme of Redguards being 'weapon masters', what about changing the 8% cost reduction to weapon skills to..

50% increased effectiveness to weapon traits. Mini version of Heartland conquerer. You could also hybridize their resource proc.

2k stamina
    1k stamina or magicka proc (based on higher total pool)
    50% boost to weapon traits (3.5% crit for precise 2hander, or 100 wep/spell damage +1.7% crit for a dual wield setup)

That might even be too good but it would be versatile too.
    Edited by Stx on July 24, 2021 8:43PM
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stx wrote: »
    So if we want to keep the theme of Redguards being 'weapon masters', what about changing the 8% cost reduction to weapon skills to..

50% increased effectiveness to weapon traits. Mini version of Heartland conquerer. You could also hybridize their resource proc.

2k stamina
    50% boost to weapon traits (3.5% crit for precise 2hander, or 100 wep/spell damage +1.7% crit for a dual wield setup)

At this point i wouldn't mind just 3% extra crit chance, i just want something useful
  • Freeflyer212
    Freeflyer212
    ✭✭✭
    Welp sucks ZOS plays favoritism when it comes to races. Redguard is my favorite race but I guess no point in using them or playing eso then. Lol oh well.

Imo it's not fun if you can't be the character you want because meta says no.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp sucks ZOS plays favoritism when it comes to races. Redguard is my favorite race but I guess no point in using them or playing eso then. Lol oh well.

Imo it's not fun if you can't be the character you want because meta says no.

They're still usable lol
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

Personally I think they should just get a blanket cost reduction on all stamina abilities.

2k stamina

How about this for Redgaurd passives:

Wayfarer
    Increases experience gain with One-Handed and Shield Skill line by 15%.
    Increases the duration of eaten food by 15 minutes.

Martial Training
    Reduces the cost of weapon abilities by 8%.
    Increases the effectiveness of your Weapon Traits by 50%

Conditioning
    Increases Max Stamina by 2000.
    Reduces the effectiveness of snares applied to you by 15%.

Adrenaline Rush
    When you deal damage, you restore 1032 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

If you were to hybridize this passive, maybe this would be good:

When you deal damage, you restore 744 Magicka and Stamina. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

Edited by StarOfElyon on July 25, 2021 3:26PM
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what is the best Stam race now? I have been redguard since day one because they look the best imo. I don't think my dps suffers from being one but I'm sure it could be better with more wep dmg. I was thinking possibly orc. I still have those 3 free race changes zos gave out a while back.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rukia541 wrote: »
    So what is the best Stam race now? I have been redguard since day one because they look the best imo. I don't think my dps suffers from being one but I'm sure it could be better with more wep dmg. I was thinking possibly orc. I still have those 3 free race changes zos gave out a while back.

Would it be Dark Elf? They have the same weapon damage bonus but a little more stamina than orc.
  • Freeflyer212
    Freeflyer212
    ✭✭✭

I love being a Redguard too!

Would it be Dark Elf? They have the same weapon damage bonus but a little more stamina than orc.

So Dark Elf huh? welp that sucks
    Edited by Freeflyer212 on July 25, 2021 3:45PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, Dark Elf has 1910 stam + 258 weapon damage, whereas Orc has 1000 stam + 258 weapon damage. So technically you'd get more DPS (though minimal) from Dunmer. The difference is VERY insignificant.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2k stamina

How about this for Redgaurd passives:

Wayfarer
    Increases experience gain with One-Handed and Shield Skill line by 15%.
    Increases the duration of eaten food by 15 minutes.

Martial Training
    Reduces the cost of weapon abilities by 8%.
    Increases the effectiveness of your Weapon Traits by 50%

Conditioning
    Increases Max Stamina by 2000.
    Reduces the effectiveness of snares applied to you by 15%.

Adrenaline Rush
    When you deal damage, you restore 1032 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

If you were to hybridize this passive, maybe this would be good:

When you deal damage, you restore 744 Magicka and Stamina. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.

just get ride of the weapon cooldowns , 50% traits should be fine that way,
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ofcourse it suffers , it's 250 dmg you are missing, that's like 6-8% extra dmg your rotations will do.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I love being a Redguard too!

You are fine with dark elf , orc , khajit , hell maybe even high elf and bosmer.
    It's just redguards that's legit lacking atm.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, Dark Elf has 1910 stam + 258 weapon damage, whereas Orc has 1000 stam + 258 weapon damage. So technically you'd get more DPS (though minimal) from Dunmer. The difference is VERY insignificant.

It's funny i have been thinking about it ,you very probably do MORE dmg with stam high elf than redguard at this point. Even if high elfs recovery isn't has good.

tenor.gif?itemid=12964828

Edited by francesinhalover on July 25, 2021 4:16PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's funny i have been thinking about it ,you very probably do MORE dmg with stam high elf than redguard at this point. Even if high elfs recovery isn't has good.

tenor.gif?itemid=12964828

Well I think the whole point of redguard is sustain, not damage. That's why I'd give them 7% cost reduction on ALL stam abilities to be on par with Breton and their 7% magicka abilities. Maybe throw in a little regen too, but I don't mind if it's not there.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Redguards should be able to summon their Shehai as their standard weapon. And use the Pankratosword for an ultimate.