The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

CP needs another change that caters to the masses not the minority

waterfairy
waterfairy
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Screenshot_20210719-142857_1.png

You know what has "limited diversity"? One tree that has dps, tank and healer buffs with predominantly slottable stars and only 4 slots. Another issue is that most people don't swap out slots and don't want to micromanage their charactes based upon the activity...only Zenimax likes constant change, your players do not. We don't like having to adjust all of our characters every update and only 1 person in my 5 full guilds has said they tried swapping stars...the rest of us just pick the 4 obvious choices for our role then let the points pile after that.

Speaking of obvious choices, I feel that some of the universal buffs should be changed to passives: weapon/spell dmg, resources, light attack damage, etc should all be made passive because they benefit everyone. Call me crazy but when we level up it should be a level up, not just a useless cp number with useless cp points.
  • FreeMaN_A
    FreeMaN_A
    ✭✭✭
    Vigarr wrote: »
    when we level up it should be a level up, not just a useless cp number with useless cp points.

+++(!) CP system is getting more and more useless.
    Edited by FreeMaN_A on July 21, 2021 8:04PM
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    +1
    My play time is limited enough to not have to micro manage all my characters actions. Really kinda miss CP1.0 now.
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole cp system is basically “nice concept, poor execution”.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And still too many slotted in Green.
    PC NA
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    the whole point is that you can't be super tanky and super dpsy and super healsy all at the same time.

if you have a solution for not being all the things all the time while also not needing to change anything ever i'd love to hear it.
    Edited by Tannus15 on July 22, 2021 12:05AM
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, people with more CP than they know how to spend are a tiny minority, not the other way around.
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    the whole point is that you can't be super tanky and super dpsy and super healsy all at the same time.

if you have a solution for not being all the things all the time while also not needing to change anything ever i'd love to hear it.

I could think of some ways but they'd never be taken into consideration. Expand upon what I said about making the universal buffs a passive and make more of the specialized buff stars a passive as well but with prerequisites..like 'increase healing by X with a resto staff equipped' or 'increase block by X with a shield equipped' and so on. That way you only need to switch up weapons to trigger the buff not switch a star slot...much more fluid this way with bar swaps. Requiring a certain weapon or armor type equipped would ensure that there isn't 1 build with all buffs so no "super tanky, super dpsy and super healsy" issue.

Afterthought- this idea would work so well in place of the star slots because not only would buffs based on weapon type equipped be more fluid then switching stars, they could have stars that require 3 pieces of armor leaving variety in. 'Increase health by X with 3 pieces heavy armor' 'Increase stam by X with 3 pcs medium' and 'increase magic by X with 3 pcs light armor'. Make the better damage/defense based buffs a 5 piece requirement instead of 3 and so on...this was just off the top of my head now and better then whar Zenimax decides in the meeting rooms. :neutral:
    Edited by waterfairy on July 22, 2021 1:28AM
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry, people with more CP than they know how to spend are a tiny minority, not the other way around.

I see more high levels then low but eventually most of us will reach that point where leveling up does nothing and therefore return to the issue at hand
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With all the new "slottables" the stupid 30 second cool down on switching them needs to go.
    Playing since beta...
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    I'm sure its mentioned somewhere but I'll at least add a vote for a "build" button of some sort.

I wouldn't mind swapping if i could have a few (farm/quest/dungeon/pvp) builds set up and just click to have things change automatically. Otherwise i am in the group that wont ever change them nor would ever want to have to swap them often, but that's on me of course.

Probable a mod that can do it or there will be.
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
    My play time is limited enough to not have to micro manage all my characters actions. Really kinda miss CP1.0 now.

CP1 where you had to micromanage your red tree every time you did different content? Yeah, no. I'm glad to see the back of that. Agree a lot more of green should be passive, but CP2 is at least an improvement on what we had before.
  • Excelsus
    Excelsus
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. There needs to be a benefit to progression, this is a very grindy game where you can do dozens of runs trying to find one piece for your build cp helps your playtime matter. Zos has already scaled back that benefit several times to limit its advantage. Thats how video games work. Level 80 is better than level 70 otherwise no one would level up.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

Totally agree.

The problem I see is that none of these new slottables are worth a slot. Overall, that's my issue with CP 2.0. They keep devaluing existing stars, add new ones that aren't worth slotting, and thereby keep watering down the value of the entire system. I have hundreds of points that are utterly useless. I just don't understand the value in designing something like that. They justify changes with phrases like "more universal engagement in PVE encounters", but what does that really mean? Absolutely nothing. :/

• maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »
    And still too many slotted in Green.

More than 4 slotted in Green is too many, no one is going to switch their stuff around every time the CD lets them for stuff that should be passive.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure its mentioned somewhere but I'll at least add a vote for a "build" button of some sort.

I wouldn't mind swapping if i could have a few (farm/quest/dungeon/pvp) builds set up and just click to have things change automatically. Otherwise i am in the group that wont ever change them nor would ever want to have to swap them often, but that's on me of course.

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2951-JackofallTrades.html
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2951-JackofallTrades.html

^ See... thanks, I'm all set now.
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But... no. My tank has only DPS-stars slotted. There is little need for the tanky stars (unless, I guess, you are doing vet raids perhaps). Especially since every jack and jill goes fake tank and fake healer anyways. :-/
  • alberichtano
    alberichtano
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well maybe they (we) are a minority, but hardly a tiny one. Far from it.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But... no. My tank has only DPS-stars slotted. There is little need for the tanky stars (unless, I guess, you are doing vet raids perhaps). Especially since every jack and jill goes fake tank and fake healer anyways. :-/

That's because in PVE most content is too forgiving. You can ignore support rules and go max damage which usually makes the content easier.

That's a failure of ZOS not programming the PVE content to be difficult if not impossible without a tank or healer.

In PVP, being able to do all three aspects well breaks the game.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vigarr I do really like the premise of making CP more specific rather than the very generic version we have now. I'd love to see at the very least a "class" CP tree which buff your class specific skill lines
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP sentiment is correct, minorities rule this game, terrible youtube "stars" rallying morons who don't play the game to get their own personnel benefits while screwing over the many, just infuriates me.

ZoS needs to pick a direction and not listen to those pvp youtube "stars" drag the game down because they want to be OP in a specific build that isn't working.

An example is the scaling is of proc sets where it was evident in that stamina got a huge advantage but magicka got nuked and forced them into stat building sets.... My PvE builds were ruined because this game change on a whim of a few youtubers and its time to tell the [snip] go away. That took time to build those sets and it was wasted on a dime.

Quite changing the game play constantly ZoS and tell youtubers to go away

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on July 26, 2021 1:27PM
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind how they chose to proceed with the CP Advancement - what bothers me is the limitations within.

I wish that for every 'Active' slotted CP, it gave you a 2-3 option passive that you could only choose (1) of.
    Like -

Biting Aura +10% Dmg to AoE
    - Whenever you apply a Status Effect with an AoE Ability, increase dmg of that type by 3% for 5 seconds every 10 seconds
    - When ever you Crit with an AoE Ability, heal yourself and any all in the aoe for 5% of the total Crit Dmg once every 10
    seconds
    - When ever you activate an Synergy as part of an AoE ability, increase the synergy effect by 50% which can occur once
    every 30 seconds.

Thaumaturge +10% DMG to DoT
    - Whenever you crit with a targeted DoT, restore Magicka and Stamina for 5% the value of the Crit DMG. This can happen
    once every 15 seconds
    - When your targeted DoT leaves the target, you have a 5% chance to apply Persistent Death applying an un-resistable DoT
    for 10% of the targets total health, that deals damage every 2 seconds over 10 seconds.
    - When your cast any DoT, you have a a 5% chance to increase the damage of all Damage over time by 5% for 10 seconds,
    every 20 seconds

Just something more, not necessarily these specifically. But more focus on what we choose, as sure - as DPS we often choose the same 4 and stick with them. But between each of us, our 4 is different depending on class. Our desire in outcome can vary by build, or play style.

I want to see branching; with limitations, so that if anything we are choosing a better and more custom path to the enjoyment of our play styles. I'm sure some passives could become as meta, as our 4 slots - but if they can have minimal impact to the total outcome of DPS/Sustain, while adding some fluff that makes combat a tad more interesting... then I'm down!

I'm just tired of seeing a flow of nerfs, with no counter balance. Counter always being an If/Then statement to restore potentially lost DPS/Healing/Mititgation in a nerf. Like how we went from 150 to 90 recovery, then why not give us a passive in that same slot that says - "If below 20% magicka/stamina, all recovery is increased by 60 for 10 seconds", or counter intuitively - "If below 20% magicka/stamina, increase total armor by 10% of your highest attribute", "If below 20% magicka/stamina, increase healing received and healing done by 10%".

Just give us options that are fair trade offs, for all roles, for better situations, create balance - not just loss... Seems like we keep getting CP's that are so situational, that their utilization would be so low - you have to ask "What's even worth using?".

Make it interesting ZOS, make it feel like we all have INTERESTING options, make it fun -- and stop giving us "When a negative effect is on you" As in PvE a negative effect is on us for like 3 seconds, anything longer and healers are cleansing us. Crowd Control immunity... very few Bosses/Adds apply this - so little that tanks can't even utilize much of the defensive CP's for any value.

PS: This is all opinion and not saying anything in here is EXACTLY what I want.
  • Milli_Rabbit
    Milli_Rabbit
    ✭✭✭
    I love CP 2.0 and every patch they add a few new stars that are pretty cool. I love the kiss-curse slottables and the conditional ones because it gives them a niche use versus just flat boosts to stats which was what it felt like with FoA. I do wish more of the green tree was passive and also that mythics as well as monster sets branched out to more than just combat sets. Make sets for crafting, resource farming, fishing, trade, experience, etc. Sets currently are just limited to combat and many are useless compared to their alternatives.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything, you're going to see it gets further nerfs. They already mention CP system is stronger that it was intended (lul)
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    BlueRaven wrote: »

They keep devaluing existing stars, add new ones that aren't worth slotting, and thereby keep watering down the value of the entire system.

That's the devs basic philosophy when it comes to the game's development.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ajkb78 wrote: »
    +1

CP1 where you had to micromanage your red tree every time you did different content? Yeah, no. I'm glad to see the back of that. Agree a lot more of green should be passive, but CP2 is at least an improvement on what we had before.

I never had to micromanage my CP before in CP1 like now.
    I never had to spend points on stuff I don't need to unlock things I do want or need. 10, 15, 20 points wasted to unlock rest of tree?
    Go to town to sell stuff, decide to pick pocket NPC's, oh wait. Need to reslot and wait 30 sec, ok now i can do it.
    Decide to go farming, oh, I forgot to reset my CP. While farming, lets do a delv real quick, oh, stop, reset points again, wait 30 sec, ok good to go now. Etc...
    THAT is the definition of micromanagement. Even the Vet system before CP was less a pain than this.
    Just my 2 drakes.. :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the micromanagement is very annoying. I literally set the CP up the first time and rarely change any slottable every now and then. Not to mention the 100s of unspent points because I just find it boring having to go through all those stars, the pontential meaning of each and deciding which one is the best, which would make me go to a site, read and reseacrh, ba bla bla ugh! No, too much work!
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to rip out the selections and make everything passive. More points means you have more perks. It worked in the old system just fine.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Thuragan
    Thuragan
    ✭✭✭
    Adding slottable stars was the worst idea ever, no one wants to micromanage it. The ONLY time I do it is replacing Backstabber for vSS.
  • Calypso589
    Calypso589
    ✭✭✭

lol "Little need for tanky stars unless you need to be tanky."