The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

CP needs another change that caters to the masses not the minority

• MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    Thuragan wrote: »
    Adding slottable stars was the worst idea ever, no one wants to micromanage it. The ONLY time I do it is replacing Backstabber for vSS.

Yea I don't really know anyone micromanaging..

Tanks use the same 4 always, healers use the same 4, dps use the same 4...

Each of us typically only rotate 1 out so rarely.. that it's not really micromanaging. Micromanaging would imply you're constantly changing it every piece of content you do.
  • Calypso589
    Calypso589
    ✭✭✭
    MrZeDark wrote: »
    Adding slottable stars was the worst idea ever, no one wants to micromanage it. The ONLY time I do it is replacing Backstabber for vSS.

Each of us typically only rotate 1 out so rarely.. that it's not really micromanaging. Micromanaging would imply you're constantly changing it every piece of content you do.

Which is EXACTLY what I was doing with CP 1.0

I'm a tank main with one for every class. CP 1.0 was awful by comparison to 2.0

The slottables are great and the new ones coming out present more options that'll make me consider one vs the other depending on the content i'm doing.

Even now I don't necessarily use the same 4 Fitness slottables and sometimes I might even swap out some in Warfare. They have that kind of impact.

But frankly noone is going to notice that if they're not engaging with the aspects of the game that really highlight the strengths of CP 2.0

That is to say, I feel like most in this thread don't do much more than random normals or the odd vet dungeon.

So of course the system is going to feel insignificant or poorly designed. You're not really "using" it. It's endgame progression after all so if you're not actively playing endgame content then yeah, you're gonna think it's irrelevant. /shrug

Example: Strategic Reserve seems dumb against overworld bosses or normal dungeons but you notice it's impact REAL quick when you're taking Leeching Shadows ticks while Z'maja Mind Blasts you in vCR+1.
    Edited by Calypso589 on July 26, 2021 4:52PM
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrZeDark wrote: »

The green tree requires constant manipulation. I feel for the console users that can't install an addon to do it for them.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was always confused about the need for the new system in the first place. Although I know it was desired by a lot of people on the forums

I know they wanted to lower DPS in PvE because everyone was just burning through their mechanics, but I fail to see how making everyone weaker was going to make anyone happy. And while I don't want to sound elitist by saying this but the people who were doing subpar dps in CP 1.0 are likely still doing subpar dps. Because dps in this game is and always was about getting down a rotation. Lowering DPS is just a band-aid fix and an admission that they couldn't make content any harder. I've pretty much stayed away from PVE after the change because I have no desire to re-make all my PvE builds on top of my PVP builds, although even with their old gear my DPS builds are sufficient for most content.

In PvP the change was somewhat more understandable, in that they were trying to reduce server calculations and lower tankiness. From a PvP perspective I like the CP 2.0 system in that it allows some more interesting theory crafting possibilities than the old system but it still leaves a bit to be desired.

All in all I think the reception of the new system has been met with a conclusive "meh" it didn't completely tick everyone off but I don't see anyone all that excited about it either. Which is not something you want from a major gameplay revamp that people have been asking years for.

• DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I get this but the reason why they did it this way was so a lvl 500 can unlock their 4 buffs and compete with people much higher.

If it was like CP 1 the system would greatly reward higher level players, because that's what the old system did.

Having said that, I don't know why I have to max out 1 of 3 pve slotables that I'll never use just to unlock mount speed.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Xahran
    Xahran
    ✭✭
    The new CP system was made to improve performance (donnu if that even helped) and reduce the gap between max cp players who were playing since launch and new players learning the ropes. It technically didn't matter that much in PVE but it is among the good things that happened to PVP lately, because max cp players were f****** trial bosses in cp cyro and honestly this game has enough grind as it is.

Now, it is the best thing ever that the new no-proc no-cp campaign will render 75% of the sets non-functional and my guild and others are already migrating to cp cyro because of it.
  • MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the current system DOES cater to the masses. My only gripe about it is all those stars that no one seem to use. Wish all stars had somewhat equal usefulness and adoption by players. Some stars seem to just be place holders that do almost nothing useful, which is a shame.
  • Xahran
    Xahran
    ✭✭
    I think the current system DOES cater to the masses. My only gripe about it is all those stars that no one seem to use. Wish all stars had somewhat equal usefulness and adoption by players. Some stars seem to just be place holders that do almost nothing useful, which is a shame.

Exactly. Those who have more cp than they can spend aren't the "masses" by any means.
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "MrZeDark wrote: »

healers use the same 4.

As a healer I switch some slottables in blue and red trees depending on content, whether I'm buffing or group heal etc

And as for the green tree. It's a total pita.

• Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xahran wrote: »

Exactly. Those who have more cp than they can spend aren't the "masses" by any means.

That depends.

What percentage of the population is over say... CP 900? (900-1100 range depending on class/build is when points start to become uselss.)
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »
    Xahran wrote: »

That depends.

What percentage of the population is over say... CP 900? (900-1100 range depending on class/build is when points start to become uselss.)

Before CP2.0, I think the median was something like 400, and I'm around 1200 and still haven't unlocked quite a few passives that would be helpful.
    Edited by the1andonlyskwex on July 30, 2021 7:36PM
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm at 1600 give or take.
    I have had to put in x amount of point that I didn't need just to unlock points I needed .
    Now, I have like 100 points that I wont even use as they are slotted items.
    This sucks. Sorry not sorry.
    I understand that they wanted new people to be competitive, but, ok,
    I put in 10.5K hrs. in game so that someone who has 100hrs are equal to me. So mess with PvE to cater to PvP?
    Really? Green Tree just is a mess. I hate the way the new system is.
    Just my two drakes.. :)
    Edited by wenchmore420b14_ESO on July 31, 2021 6:36AM
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Xahran
    Xahran
    ✭✭
    I'm at 1600 give or take.
    I have had to put in x amount of point that I didn't need just to unlock points I needed .
    Now, I have like 100 points that I wont even use as they are slotted items.
    This sucks. Sorry not sorry.
    I understand that they wanted new people to be competitive, but, ok,
    I put in 10.5K hrs. in game so that someone who has 100hrs are equal to me. So mess with PvE to cater to PvP?
    Really? Green Tree just is a mess. I hate the way the new system is.
    Just my two drakes.. :)

So you are saying we can't enjoy the game without running after a carrot on a stick infinitely? That new players have to invest thousands of hours to compete? We would lose new players like that. Old CP was just unhealthy for the game.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think only green trees are the problem.
    It has to be replaced frequently and is very annoying.
    I'll be happy if green tree make some passive a little.