The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This fake entitlement must stop

• zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    zvavi wrote: »
    Twyst wrote: »
    You enter a dungeon queue with random strangers. You have no idea what gear they have, skills they have chosen etc.
    you can see all those usually...

...no? Unless you're PC using some kind of peeping addon. Otherwise no you don't know what gear someone is wearing unless they link them in chat.
    Most gear has one effect or another. You need to be blind to not see maw for example.

Flat stat sets don't have effects. No one can tell my NB wears Spriggans and Leviathan, and Balorgh only shows on Ult cast.

And hence "usually", since as I said in the quote you quoted me last, most gear has one effect or another
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You enter a dungeon queue with random strangers. You have no idea what gear they have, skills they have chosen etc.

...no? Unless you're PC using some kind of peeping addon. Otherwise no you don't know what gear someone is wearing unless they link them in chat.
    Most gear has one effect or another. You need to be blind to not see maw for example.

It depends, a lot of sets have no visual tells, and other sets have tells that can be difficult to identify. Oh, right, and then Maw is pretty easy to spot, but that doesn't tell you who is running it. You have to keep an eye on who the pet moves to after combat if you want to know who has the set equipped. For example, if one player's running Stormfist, and another is running Maw, good luck figuring out which one's which while you're in combat.

Oh, just, good luck knowing if someone's running VO, Celerity, or Dreugh King Slayer... and, obviously, of that list, one of those options is fine, and the other two are worrying.
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It depends, a lot of sets have no visual tells, and other sets have tells that can be difficult to identify. Oh, right, and then Maw is pretty easy to spot, but that doesn't tell you who is running it. You have to keep an eye on who the pet moves to after combat if you want to know who has the set equipped. For example, if one player's running Stormfist, and another is running Maw, good luck figuring out which one's which while you're in combat.

Oh, just, good luck knowing if someone's running VO, Celerity, or Dreugh King Slayer... and, obviously, of that list, one of those options is fine, and the other two are worrying.

I guess... I did make the mistake once of asking the healer to stop using the psijic bubble because it stuns mobs and I can't stack them. In the end it was the fake dd.
    Edited by zvavi on July 19, 2021 11:30PM
    Options
  • sParkSnare
    sParkSnare
    ✭✭✭
    "Players display entitlement when they expect a tank to be able to tank, a healer to be able to heal, and DDs to be able to do some amount of damage." Any such statement is so laughable it's hard to believe it's not satire. The "entitled" player is the one who believes s/he is entitled to queue for any role s/he desires, regardless of gear or slotted skills. The irony is palpable.
    Options
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To touch on the gear thing, you don't need any add on to tell you that. Generally depending on what skills you're using, what visual effects are happening (or not happening) and with your damage numbers you can 9/10 times guess exactly what a player is wearing. Its how we tell builds in pvp, it works the same in pve. That again, all comes down to experience in the game. Based off race/effects/skills and how often people take synergies as well.

Everyone can tell what Im running if they have enough set knowledge and watch me avoid synergies like the plague because I just don't need them at all. Likewise if I see no visual effects on you, I can discount all visual sets and work my way down my mental list to figure out what you're using in comparison to your skills and dmg output, it's not an exact science, but it's also not as complex as some people make it out to be if you memorize pointless stuff like I do :D

I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Flat stat sets don't have effects. No one can tell my NB wears Spriggans and Leviathan, and Balorgh only shows on Ult cast.

And hence "usually", since as I said in the quote you quoted me last, most gear has one effect or another

I honestly don't understand why you're claiming that. There's a lot of sets that don't really have visual effects. Or are you just talking about the Meta sets that almost everyone in the end game uses.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Veles
    Veles
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can see sets used in group in life-logs. Stop this offtop and let's continue this meaningless discussion about fake roles.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I honestly don't understand why you're claiming that. There's a lot of sets that don't really have visual effects. Or are you just talking about the Meta sets that almost everyone in the end game uses.

Don't forget that if your meta set has a particle effect, it will get overwritten by a monster weapon outfit style, so they could be running the new hotness, but all you see is the Swarm Mother's [redacted] flopping all over the place.
    Options