The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Don’t Release ‘Inner Beast’ morph in its current state.

• Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elo106 wrote: »
    Buffing Battle Spirit and than making us run this skill to compensate, might as well just take away one skill slot.
    Make Inner Beast only work in PVE and leave Battle Spirit as is on live, the new CP stuff will already increase tankyness.

Exactly.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh crap, so many new broken things, how am I going to fit them into my build? And what the heck am I gonna lie, I already know how to do it :D lol :D ZOS never ceases to amaze me with his blance rollercoaster :) It's like a madman's dream, once this way another time that way and yet another time in the fourth dimension. New OP sets that automatically pull in minefiled without giving CC immunity, passive major buffs, generic skils that give the equivalent of major and minor buffs and stack with them. What to choose? What to choose? Whatever ZOS does, top players will still find a way to stay on top while cannon fodder remains cannon fodder.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Oh crap, so many new broken things, how am I going to fit them into my build? And what the heck am I gonna lie, I already know how to do it :D lol :D ZOS never ceases to amaze me with his blance rollercoaster :) It's like a madman's dream, once this way another time that way and yet another time in the fourth dimension. New OP sets that automatically pull in minefiled without giving CC immunity, passive major buffs, generic skils that give the equivalent of major and minor buffs and stack with them. What to choose? What to choose? Whatever ZOS does, top players will still find a way to stay on top while cannon fodder remains cannon fodder.

If it’s broken, fix it.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Everyone gets an effective 22% extra mitigation through battle spirit. Damage drops to the bottom on PTS as we know it. While Inner Beast's 15% looks broken, it is actually not when you factor in the free 22% mitigation everyone gets. Now you have to make a choice - to slot Inner Beast and get back some of the live patch's dmg at the cost of an ability slot, or do less dmg overall but be able to use other abilities.

Please think about this before asking to nerf Inner Beast

Or we can stop playing this "let's make everyone tanks" "oh crap no one can kill anyone" "okay well here's a skill that for no real reason will cause the target to take crazy damage" "by god you did it!" routine.
    Edited by DrSlaughtr on July 16, 2021 1:19PM
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone gets an effective 22% extra mitigation through battle spirit. Damage drops to the bottom on PTS as we know it. While Inner Beast's 15% looks broken, it is actually not when you factor in the free 22% mitigation everyone gets. Now you have to make a choice - to slot Inner Beast and get back some of the live patch's dmg at the cost of an ability slot, or do less dmg overall but be able to use other abilities.

Or we can still playing this "let's make everyone tanks" "oh crap no one can kill anyone "okay well here's a skill that for no real reason will cause the target to take crazy damage" "by god you did it!" routine.

Exactly. If these are the same and everyone will this. Then by that logic, battle spirit doesn’t need a big buff. Though there goal was to decrease dmg
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is such a ZOS thing to do though.

Implement a blanket wide change rather than adjust some specific combinations.

Then release one really powerful thing (usually a piece of gear, but this time a generic skill) to counteract that blanket wide change.

So we either farm that piece of gear or use this skill or else be at a disadvantage Vs people who do or because of the blanket wide change.

"Use this skill and get a unique buff that increases all your damage vs the target for 15%" is just a crazy change.

It's not so much that I want it nerfed. It's more that I want the combat team to stop using a sledgehammer when a chisel is more apt and to stop introducing radical changes to spice up combat or give the "very few bruiser-tanks" options as it's not just going to be them who use Inner Beast
    Edited by Joy_Division on July 16, 2021 2:12PM
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bombers are over performing.
    We could adjust their sets and skills but nah.
    Over buff mitigation to the point where even glass cannons are tanks.
    Ah crap. No one can die. Quick! Think of a solution!
    Add a crazy damage buff to a tank taunt that PVPers will have to run to counter the overturned mitigation.
    Profit.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add a crazy damage buff to a tank taunt that PVPers will have to run to counter the overturned mitigation.
    Profit.
    Exactly!
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Profit.
    Exactly!

I wish ZOS would read this and lower battle spirit mit to like 50%. And go from there.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has anyone actually tested it?
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like the old DoT META, in one skill. Instead of 3-4 DoTs - some from places outside your class - everyone gets the same one thing.

"We hate the alliance war, leave us out of it" - Some member of the Undaunted I saved from City of Ash II.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moncc wrote: »
    New fake tanking meta incoming

I slot inner beast every time we get a fake tank. Looking forward to buff. As for pvp, and as a now x-pvper, I see how op this may be.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I already use this in random normals, granted I know how to hold aggro and dps.
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I already use this in random normals, granted I know how to hold aggro and dps.
    K9002 wrote: »
    I'm worried about what it may do to PvE. I can see DPS players slotting it for a free 15% damage buff. It will be used for cheesing parses but there might be some exceptionally bright people who will try to actually use it in dungeons without realizing that overtaunting is a thing.

Now I would never run this with a real tank present, but the same people I see dungeons queue as DPS with SnB with healing staff on the back bar may be a problem.
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This skill will cause many PvP balance issue, and i don't even understand why they have buffed it in the first place, like wtf zos ???
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fhritz wrote: »
    This skill will cause many PvP balance issue, and i don't even understand why they have buffed it in the first place, like wtf zos ???

Yep. Really hope they don’t go through w this on players.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If everyone is going to run this ability, why even increase TTK. This skill is a bit out of hand and disadvantages some builds without the bar space or ability to run it too.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If everyone is going to run this ability, why even increase TTK. This skill is a bit out of hand and disadvantages some builds without the bar space or ability to run it too.

Has this been addressed yet? They’re are characters that can’t use this, lol. How is this balanced in any way?
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    This morph on live only gives you a 5% damage buff at max against anyone of your choosing. If you buff this to the new 15% at max, every PvP player and their friend will be running this as it’s damage would be greater than minor and majors combined.

See here:

Inner Beast (morph): Increased this morph’s damage taken bonus on the target to 12% at base, up from 2%, to better enable the very few bruiser-tanks out there that were utilizing this skill.

You need to make this only work against monsters in a PvE environment and not players. This is way over efficiency otherwise.

Couldnt agree more! Its like a Malacath mythic ring in 1 skill!
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah this need some tweaks for PvP. Maybe make the ability something like "taunted monsters take X% more damage" and problem solved IMO.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It no longer works against players, and was reduced from 15% to 10% Max against NPC’s.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It no longer works against players, and was reduced from 15% to 10% Max against NPC’s.

Good change IMO 👍
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good change IMO 👍

Yeah, I’m not opposed to it in the context of the other changes today. Battle Spirit mitigation was reduced from 55% to 50%, which means everyone’s damage will increase by ~11% in PVP without needing to slot Inner Beast or waste a GCD.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerfed to 10%
  • Thuragan
    Thuragan
    ✭✭✭
    everyone’s damage will increase by ~11% in PVP without needing to slot Inner Beast or waste a GCD.

Huh? Where did this number come from?

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thuragan wrote: »
    everyone’s damage will increase by ~11% in PVP without needing to slot Inner Beast or waste a GCD.

Huh? Where did this number come from?

Last week there was 55% damage reduction, so 45% was getting through. This week it is 50% damage reduction, with 50% getting through.

50% / 45% = 1.11 or 11% damage increase.

AFAIK this is multiplicative with other sources of mitigation (correct me if it’s additive with any). So if an attack to another player did 1,000 damage last week then it will do 1,111 damage this week.
  • Fhritz
    Fhritz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Nerfed to 10%

only to non-player too, so can't be used in pvp
    I'm a single character man.
    Stamblade. Khajiit. Mostly pvp.
    And...that's it.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch notes 7.1.2

Inner Fire
    Inner Beast (morph):
    This ability’s damage taken bonus now only works against non-player characters.
    Reduced the damage taken bonus to 10% at rank IV, down from 15%, to reduce situations where this ability may have been run over another damaging ability in solo encounters.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch notes 7.1.2

Inner Fire
    Inner Beast (morph):
    Reduced the damage taken bonus to 10% at rank IV, down from 15%, to reduce situations where this ability may have been run over another damaging ability in solo encounters.

Huzzah!
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Patch notes 7.1.2

Inner Fire
    Inner Beast (morph):

Huzzah!

Yes! Super happy about this. I’m glad that listen to the player base on this one!
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions