The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Don’t Release ‘Inner Beast’ morph in its current state.

Wuuffyy
Wuuffyy
✭✭✭✭✭
This morph on live only gives you a 5% damage buff at max against anyone of your choosing. If you buff this to the new 15% at max, every PvP player and their friend will be running this as it’s damage would be greater than minor and majors combined.

See here:

Inner Beast (morph): Increased this morph’s damage taken bonus on the target to 12% at base, up from 2%, to better enable the very few bruiser-tanks out there that were utilizing this skill.

You need to make this only work against monsters in a PvE environment and not players. This is way over efficiency otherwise.
Edited by Wuuffyy on July 12, 2021 6:00PM
Wuuffyy,
ESO player since 2014
-PM for questions
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this change is wickedly OP.

It is better than nearly every set or buff/debuff ability in the game at increasing single-target damage.
  • Moncc
    Moncc
    Soul Shriven
    New fake tanking meta incoming
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moncc wrote: »
    New fake tanking meta incoming

That’ll be toxic too but at least can be weeded out with coordination and knowledge.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though it is a stamina morph, this could be really useful on ranged mag PVP builds.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Even though it is a stamina morph, this could be really useful on ranged mag PVP builds.

PvP is where I think it would definitely see the most use. It would be BiS for any single-target build.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvP is where I think it would definitely see the most use. It would be BiS for any single-target build.

It’ll be best in slot on anything, subbed for whatever single target debuff they already run on their kit.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    So templars using this with the new backlash & jesus beam...sounds fun
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to figure out how I'd fit this into my Mag Sorc build and all I can think is to drop mages wrath. Which wouldn't be the worst idea for more overall damage.

Is this dodgeable? I don't think I've ever used this outside of PVE to find out.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to figure out how I'd fit this into my Mag Sorc build and all I can think is to drop mages wrath. Which wouldn't be the worst idea for more overall damage.

Is this dodgeable? I don't think I've ever used this outside of PVE to find out.

It is.

I am fairly sure that it is also a projectile.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we can slot another Malacath now...seems reasonable.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is.

Hmm, that makes it a little less favorable. But still a solid consideration.

I could see it working really well in smaller scale fights where you can effectively single out specific players. But once you end up in larger engagements where players are shuffling around, it could become a waste of a bar slot.
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it's a projectile (Inner fire), and it can be see in motion when used from range. I only use Inner Beast on my Warden Double Ice Staff tank to retain a Stamina Taunt though.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is.

I could see it working really well in smaller scale fights where you can effectively single out specific players. But once you end up in larger engagements where players are shuffling around, it could become a waste of a bar slot.

It’s gonna take half a second to hit target and can be easily recasted for 15 whole seconds of a major and minor in one unique buff.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is.

It’s gonna take half a second to hit target and can be easily recasted for 15 whole seconds of a major and minor in one unique buff.

I just tested in-game. It isn’t a projectile. It’s a debuff placed directly on target with decent impact damage and an additional synergy that can be activated. Very OP.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is.

I just noticed the change to Revealing Flare. Gives Major Protection just by having it slotted. The tankiness next patch is going to be crazy, it might make Inner Beast a must have in a lot of builds.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tankiness in Ravenwatch is going to be out-of-control next patch with the Battle Spirit change and sets like Pariah inexplicably making it into the format while all of the best stat-based damage sets happen to be banned.

Then you have the prospect of permanent Major and Minor Protection and a unique 30% mitigation from the Psijic Order plus all of the other strong mitigation forms like vampire Undeath, Mist Form, and Mender that we're already familiar with.

No wonder that many players and guilds are already talking about abandoning the campaign.
  • K9002
    K9002
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm worried about what it may do to PvE. I can see DPS players slotting it for a free 15% damage buff. It will be used for cheesing parses but there might be some exceptionally bright people who will try to actually use it in dungeons without realizing that overtaunting is a thing.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please don't permit this in PvP @ZOS_GinaBruno
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankiness in Ravenwatch is going to be out-of-control next patch with the Battle Spirit change and sets like Pariah inexplicably making it into the format while all of the best stat-based damage sets happen to be banned.

Then you have the prospect of permanent Major and Minor Protection and a unique 30% mitigation from the Psijic Order plus all of the other strong mitigation forms like vampire Undeath, Mist Form, and Mender that we're already familiar with.

No wonder that many players and guilds are already talking about abandoning the campaign.

I don't think the 30% mitigation is going to be too problematic. It's only really effective with toggle or cast time skills so it will have minimal impact outside of a few situational psijic skills.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That is almost perma Incap debuff just lol... Please make even more non class buff skills mandatory to slot, it's not like class identity is already ruined...
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is almost perma Incap debuff just lol... Please make even more non class buff skills mandatory to slot, it's not like class identity is already ruined...

So mag will run inner light for max mag, camo hunter for min beserk and spelldamage, inner beast for another 15% and revealing flare for 10% dmg reduction.

Perfect that leaves exactly 1 skillslot free for your spammable. I knew zenimax lovea 1 button playstyles.
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    K9002 wrote: »
    I'm worried about what it may do to PvE. I can see DPS players slotting it for a free 15% damage buff. It will be used for cheesing parses but there might be some exceptionally bright people who will try to actually use it in dungeons without realizing that overtaunting is a thing.

I can almost hear it now...

"OMG Tank, why aren't you keeping the boss still? Vote Kick!"
    "Stop taunting the boss off of me and maybe I could!"

"No, I need to keep this on because I get extra damage!"
    "You do 100% less damage if the boss bee-lines for you and you get one-shot! Take it off!"

...although I guess this could finally be a response to the perennial "fake DD/bad DD" debate. The DD who's taunting everything is therefore a tank who queued as a DPS, so therefore they are not fulfilling their role.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    K9002 wrote: »

I can almost hear it now...

"OMG Tank, why aren't you keeping the boss still? Vote Kick!"
    "Stop taunting the boss off of me and maybe I could!"

"No, I need to keep this on because I get extra damage!"
    "You do 100% less damage if the boss bee-lines for you and you get one-shot! Take it off!"

...although I guess this could finally be a response to the perennial "fake DD/bad DD" debate. The DD who's taunting everything is therefore a tank who queued as a DPS, so therefore they are not fulfilling their role.

I can see nothing but toxicity for this buff in its current state.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone gets an effective 22% extra mitigation through battle spirit. Damage drops to the bottom on PTS as we know it. While Inner Beast's 15% looks broken, it is actually not when you factor in the free 22% mitigation everyone gets. Now you have to make a choice - to slot Inner Beast and get back some of the live patch's dmg at the cost of an ability slot, or do less dmg overall but be able to use other abilities.

Please think about this before asking to nerf Inner Beast
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    Everyone gets an effective 22% extra mitigation through battle spirit. Damage drops to the bottom on PTS as we know it. While Inner Beast's 15% looks broken, it is actually not when you factor in the free 22% mitigation everyone gets. Now you have to make a choice - to slot Inner Beast and get back some of the live patch's dmg at the cost of an ability slot, or do less dmg overall but be able to use other abilities.

There is a buff to dawn breaker, medium armor damage, etc. This will balance the things out.

That is absolutely no excuse to add a unique buff that is greater than a major and a minor buff together that gives pen.

For reference:

Major Breach-9% and Minor 4.5%= 13.5% to a pen cap
    Major Berserk-10% and Minor 5%= 15% named buff and too different buffs (usually more investment).

This, 1 skill, unique, 15% buff. Yeah, no excuses.

Besides that, they’re goal was to lower damage not increase it. Therefore, this clearly cannot be intended in any part of their spreadsheets.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There is a buff to dawn breaker, medium armor damage, etc. This will balance the things out.

That is absolutely no excuse to add a unique buff that is greater than a major and a minor buff together that gives pen.

For reference:

Major Berserk-10% and Minor 5%= 15% named buff and too different buffs (usually more investment).

Besides that, they’re goal was to lower damage not increase it. Therefore, this clearly cannot be intended in any part of their spreadsheets.

For reference, everyone gets 22% free dmg mitigation. You are telling zos to nerf inner beast without mentioning battle spirit. You're doing everyone a disservice here
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For reference:

For reference, everyone gets 22% free dmg mitigation. You are telling zos to nerf inner beast without mentioning battle spirit. You're doing everyone a disservice here

Not an excuse. If damage is too low, battle spirit needs to be scaled back. Not this. All I’m saying on the matter to you or anyone with this mindset.

And if you actually read, you’d see that I mentioned battle spirit indirectly as it’s both common knowledge and point of contention, cheeseball.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For reference:

Not an excuse. If damage is too low, battle spirit needs to be scaled back. Not this. All I’m saying on the matter to you or anyone with this mindset.

And if you actually read, you’d see that I mentioned battle spirit indirectly as it’s both common knowledge and point of contention, cheeseball.

No, you didn't mention battle spirit. Not many people know about the battle spirit mitigation, or care to think why not addressing it is a good thing, like you. You made an entire thread asking to nerf inner beast but not even mentioning that everyone gets 22% free dmg mitigation. On pts 2 full dmg builds can barely kill each other, let alone an actual build with 1 tank set.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:

• Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

For reference:

How about we leave Battle Spirit as it is on live server and forget about this trash undaunted taunt skill?
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffing Battle Spirit and than making us run this skill to compensate, might as well just take away one skill slot.
    Make Inner Beast only work in PVE and leave Battle Spirit as is on live, the new CP stuff will already increase tankyness.