The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 31 - Feedback Thread for New Item Sets

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thunder Caller: Fixed an issue where the Damage over Time from this set took 2 seconds to deal damage after the initial hit, rather than 1.

please change the proc condition. don't let it be heavy attack.

Light or Heavy would be fine, just like Maw of the Infernal, and allow access to the set for all play styles.

Or take a hint from the success of Frostbite and Encratis Behemoth and let it boost all Shock Damage skills instead of simply becoming another unused damage proc set (Auroran’s Thunder, Overwhelming Surge, Storm Knight’s, Thunderbug, etc.).
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maarselok set should proc on bash not heavy attack. Now there are no more bash monsters set.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please hybridize the 2-4 piece set bonuses for the Deadly Strikes set.

The final bonus now buffs Magic-family attacks but it is still useless for Magicka classes since most of its bonuses do not benefit them.
  • Eiregirl
    Eiregirl
    ✭✭✭
    Thunder Caller: Fixed an issue where the Damage over Time from this set took 2 seconds to deal damage after the initial hit, rather than 1.

Instead of saying "don't let it be heavy attack" how about saying let the proc be from a light or heavy attack since I assume you want the proc to be a light attack or do you want it to be from something else?

But even if they do make it proc from a "light or heavy attack" there are many sets that still outperform Thunder Caller (even after this current fix) and Scorion's unless they have it proc every 10 sec or less and slightly increase the damage.

Thunder Caller and Scorion's are just going to increase the pile of sets few people if any actually use unless they put them at least equal to other sets already in the game.

I like both of the sets they have some cool visuals but neither of them are good enough to replace other sets I already use.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eiregirl wrote: »

Instead of saying "don't let it be heavy attack" how about saying let the proc be from a light or heavy attack since I assume you want the proc to be a light attack or do you want it to be from something else?

But even if they do make it proc from a "light or heavy attack" there are many sets that still outperform Thunder Caller (even after this current fix) and Scorion's unless they have it proc every 10 sec or less and slightly increase the damage.

Thunder Caller and Scorion's are just going to increase the pile of sets few people if any actually use unless they put them at least equal to other sets already in the game.

I like both of the sets they have some cool visuals but neither of them are good enough to replace other sets I already use.

I would just like to see some more creative activation conditions.

Since these are Sorcerer-themed, why not have them be like "Upon dealing Shock Damage..." or "When inflicting the Concussed status effect on an enemy..." instead of the same boring and unpopular condition that is used for dozens of other sets?
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelinal Wrath
    wd/sd buff should last at least 1m after last kills, 10 seconds is way to short
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eiregirl wrote: »

I actualy want it to proc from concussion status effect, make it shock exclusive set. Just by the name of the set and what it does, it should have something shock related but not just doing shock damage because we all know how cancerous w8nterborn meta was in PvP. The sets reeks of sorcerer visual that should have been in the class, but still welcome as a set, it would be nice if it was proc and used easily on sorcerer class like elf bane, frotst bite and other sets that work well with some class but not all. An incrase of dot duration to the set would be nice to from 6 to 8 or 10 secs.

Heavy attacl builds are brainless builds the only require heavy attack to delet people in PvP and quite useless in PvE most of the time. If it was release like this, it would probably be used instead of ashen grip in most heavy attack builds along with 2h vet proc, that combo will do even more damage like this.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Relief is needed for items older than new items.
    Craft sets are still mostly garbage.
    Need buff the old sets item.

[My Request]
    I want add status bonus of "657 Weapon Critical" to "5 items" of "Night Mother's Gaze" in the craft set.

Night Mother's Gaze
    (2 items) Adds 657 Weapon Critical
    (3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
    (4 items) Adds 657 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) Adds 657 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) When you deal Critical Damage you apply Major Breach to the enemy, reducing their Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance by 5948 for 4 seconds.
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding Bonus status is a smart idea.
    Old sets need it.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    .. instead of simply becoming another unused damage proc set (Auroran’s Thunder, Overwhelming Surge, Storm Knight’s, Thunderbug, etc.).

Not disagreeing with most of what you wrote, but Auroran's Thunder has to be my all time favorite set. On a Magplar, it is awesome. I would love to have a boost to it's dmg though. It hit much harder before last patch, before they made it scale from spell power, which is much harder for magicka users to get.

• YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nikulas’ Heavy Armor:

This set now grants a stack of Nikulas’ Resolve for 5 seconds whenever you successfully block, which after 8 stacks, you consume them and completely avoid the next direct damage attack made against you within 5 seconds.
    This set no longer has a 25% chance on blocking spell projectiles to reflect them back to the attacker.

Can we get a do-over on this re-vamp? I am being serious when I say that the old version was actually better than this.

There was a thread about a year ago detailing various methods to improve this set - I would suggest perusing it and choosing one of them instead.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    .. instead of simply becoming another unused damage proc set (Auroran’s Thunder, Overwhelming Surge, Storm Knight’s, Thunderbug, etc.).

Not disagreeing with most of what you wrote, but Auroran's Thunder has to be my all time favorite set. On a Magplar, it is awesome. I would love to have a boost to it's dmg though. It hit much harder before last patch, before they made it scale from spell power, which is much harder for magicka users to get.

Maybe next patch with medium armor granting spell damage and the hyberzation of passives like templar giving 6% spell and weapon instead of only weapon damage next patch...
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please enable heartland conqueror in no proc campaign
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin
    It is a stat set
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a stat set

Could Heartland Conq also be fixed to work with infused? It currently only affects the magnitude increase, not the cooldown reduction. I assume this is a bug, and should be relatively easy to fix given that Torug’s Pact works correctly to reduce the cooldown and increase the magnitude of weapon enchants.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is a stat set

Could Heartland Conq also be fixed to work with infused? It currently only affects the magnitude increase, not the cooldown reduction. I assume this is a bug, and should be relatively easy to fix given that Torug’s Pact works correctly to reduce the cooldown and increase the magnitude of weapon enchants.

It not affecting the cooldown is a balance decision, if it was to double the cooldown reduction on infused we'd be back at a glyph meta like we had it in the first two weeks of Murkmire.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thundercaller and Hrothgar's are both overtuned and contravene rules that have been established for Proc sets in order to keep them balanced.

Both offer instant burst that can't be avoided, thundercaller can be blocked but you have to be blocking before the set procs while all other burst procs were changed to have a delay to offer counterplay.

Hrothgar's is breaking even more rules because:
    1. it doesn't scale with your own stats allowing tanks once again to have a powerful offensive burst proc
    2. has absolutely no chance of being countered as it procs on stunning an opponent which means the damage can't be blocked or dodged

Both sets will be a huge balance issue once they're released as they allow to stack huge amounts of burst into a single GCD, you've taken away instant ults for that reason and now proc sets are allowed to do that?
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    It is a stat set

It not affecting the cooldown is a balance decision, if it was to double the cooldown reduction on infused we'd be back at a glyph meta like we had it in the first two weeks of Murkmire.

That was a little different, glyphs were full damage on DW and procced off CD on single target dots. So people used rending slashes + masters DW and 2 infused glyphs on back bar to output an insane amount of single target pressure for 10s from only 1 GCD.

But yeah.. 1s GCD on damage glyphs seems a bit much, but you're also giving up something like 6.6k pen so.. idk.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence:
    Increased the damage of this set by approximately 83%.
    Increased the Snare potency of this set to 60%, up from 30%.
    Reduced the cooldown to 15 seconds, down from 20.

Why? Snare buff should have been enough. Proc meta again?
    Edited by universal_wrath on August 2, 2021 5:24PM
  • Excelsus
    Excelsus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence:

*Laughs in Magden.*
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence:

I'm not sure why they thought this set would be a good idea in the first place to be honest. It just looks like one of those toxic sets that's going to get on people's nerves. I haven't seen it in action yet so we'll see if it's as bad as I'm thinking
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence:

I'm not sure why they thought this set would be a good idea in the first place to be honest. It just looks like one of those toxic sets that's going to get on people's nerves. I haven't seen it in action yet so we'll see if it's as bad as I'm thinking

it doesn't sound horrible on paper. but it depends. if you can just roll out of it, it's probably fine but like you i also haven't seen what the set is actually like.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a stat set

That was a little different, glyphs were full damage on DW and procced off CD on single target dots. So people used rending slashes + masters DW and 2 infused glyphs on back bar to output an insane amount of single target pressure for 10s from only 1 GCD.

But yeah.. 1s GCD on damage glyphs seems a bit much, but you're also giving up something like 6.6k pen so.. idk.

Yeah, or giving up 14.4% crit chance (more than Sorrow, Medusa, Leviathan, or Tzogvin).

They can adjust as needed for balance. Doesn’t necessarily need to become 1s cooldown. It’s just a problem that it arbitrarily does not work with one of the 9 traits, arguably the most popular one.

Infused currently increases enchant magnitude by 30% and halves cooldown, making it 1.3/0.5 = 2.6X the normal strength. Theoretical Heartland Conq infused would be 1.6/(0.5 x 0.5) = 6.4X which does sound a little strong.

Since the first infused results in 160% increase in enchant effectiveness, the 2nd infused should do about the same. This means the target is 4.2X normal enchant strength.

Edit: Removed unintuitive solution, new post below with a better answer.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on August 2, 2021 7:10PM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a stat set

This set does work despite not being listed in the patch notes. I tested it last week.
    Dark Convergence:

I, for one, and really looking forward to this set and am excited for the buff. It will be all kinds of fun. The only thing that stings is that no Ravenwatch players will be able to use it because... reasons. Ugh.
  • Excelsus
    Excelsus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Convergence:

it doesn't sound horrible on paper. but it depends. if you can just roll out of it, it's probably fine but like you i also haven't seen what the set is actually like.

The set was both easy to get out of and not punishing enough if you failed to do so. Visually its very busy especially for a pvp set. Lots of fx clutter. That concerns me but otherwise this was a needed buff for a set almost universally considered to be DOA by pvpers.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not nerfing Hrothgar's and Thundercaller is a mistake
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a stat set

Yeah, or giving up 14.4% crit chance (more than Sorrow, Medusa, Leviathan, or Tzogvin).

They can adjust as needed for balance. Doesn’t necessarily need to become 1s cooldown. It’s just a problem that it arbitrarily does not work with one of the 9 traits, arguably the most popular one.

Infused currently increases enchant magnitude by 30% and halves cooldown, making it 1.3/0.5 = 2.6X the normal strength. Theoretical Heartland Conq infused would be 1.6/(0.5 x 0.5) = 6.4X which does sound a little strong.

Since the first infused results in 160% increase in enchant effectiveness, the 2nd infused should do about the same. This means the target is 4.2X normal enchant strength.

Actually, I think the best answer is right in front of us. HC Infused should not halve the cooldown again from 2s to 1s, instead it should be calculated in the least favorable way possible.

Think of it as a frequency. Standard enchants proc at 1/4s or 0.25 Hz. Infused enchants proc at 1/2s or 0.5 Hz. Heartland Infused enchants should not proc at 1/1s, they should just continue the additive pattern of proc frequency for 3/4s or 0.75 Hz. This means the cooldown drops to 1.33s.

Initially this sounds like it wouldn’t do anything, since DoTs and light attack weaves are both on a 1s cooldown, so intuitively it would still proc every 2s. However, the current Infused glyph 2s cooldown is not reliable, and instead bounces between 2s and 3s, averaging around 2.5s. If we correct for this we get the following:

- Normal Glyph 1 dmg / 4.5s = 0.22
    - Infused Glyph 1.3 dmg / 2.5s = 0.52
    - Heartland Infused Glyph 1.6 dmg / 2s = 0.8

Comparing these we see that Infused glyph is 2.36X a normal, and a heartland infused is 3.64X. Another way to say this is that adding Infused increases glyph effectiveness by 136%, and adding Heartland Conq increases it by another 128% (additive).

You can do the same thing for buff/debuff enchants, which typically have a 10s cooldown (0.1 Hz). This would be 5s with Infused (0.2 Hz), and my answer for Heartland Conq is 3.33s (0.3 Hz). It doesn’t matter as much with these, but no reason to make it 2.5s (0.4 Hz) since the duration is 5s anyway).

So no, Heartland Conq shouldn’t make enchant cooldowns 1s, but it should affect the “reload time” by the same amount as Infused, which means 1.33s for damage proc enchants and 3.33s for buff/debuff enchants.

Edit: I also want to point out that the cooldowns I mentioned above happen to be the same as with Infused Torug’s Pact, but that set also gives 45% instead of 30% increase to magnitude.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on August 2, 2021 9:29PM
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is a stat set

This set does work despite not being listed in the patch notes. I tested it last week.
    Dark Convergence:

I, for one, and really looking forward to this set and am excited for the buff. It will be all kinds of fun. The only thing that stings is that no Ravenwatch players will be able to use it because... reasons. Ugh.

Oh excellent, thanks :)
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not nerfing Hrothgar's and Thundercaller is a mistake
    I guess they want to move more players to noCP (that is also gonna be no-proc sets).

Anyway, I think that they will nerf it... eventually. Probably next-next patch or maybe even with a hot-fix. I mean it is not a rocket science if you tested it on PTS to realize that those sets will over-perform by a lot. So it will be similar story as it was with Sload Set. Also this other set - Dark Convergence after this recent buff will also be pretty toxic.
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a stat set

Dark Convergence:

Oh I the set is interesting I can think of a lot of ridiculous ways to use and abuse it. It's just that...I can think of a lot of ridiculous ways to use and abuse it.

Although I'm likely overreacting, I haven't seen it in action yet.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a stat set

Dark Convergence:

Oh I the set is interesting I can think of a lot of ridiculous ways to use and abuse it. It's just that...I can think of a lot of ridiculous ways to use and abuse it.

Although I'm likely overreacting, I haven't seen it in action yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXDQfZFogXc