The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Invisible Forums

TwiceBornStar
TwiceBornStar
✭✭✭✭
Since about a week or two, I can no longer see the forums when surfing to www.elderscrollsonline.com. All I get is the background. Now, I can press F12 and select ''visibility: visible;'' in the ''Styles'' tab, but this is only a temporary fix, because it's annoying to do this every time the page refreshes. Any ideas what is causing this? I know I'm not the only person around who bumped into this problem recently, and this problem is pretty much keeping me from being somewhat active on the forums. I know it's not an official ''bug'' but I might as well post this here? (I don't want to press F12 again!)

Thanks in advance for replying and hopefully we can clear something up for myself and many others.
Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 14, 2021 5:40PM
  • Iwillgo
    Iwillgo
    ✭✭
    This happens to me too.

I have tested this on my own home PC's, we have 3 in the house. And I have tried this at work on 3 more.

This seems a widespread problem for this reason and am very surprised that only these two posts exist about it.

Art
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They acknowledged it several days ago but apparently have still not found or implemented a fix.

They posted a workaround four days ago here for desktop:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/53508/~/what-do-i-do-if-i-cant-see-the-elder-scrolls-online-forums?
  • T@rty
    T@rty
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a little bizarre that they have not been able to fix this issue. I have 5 PC’s at home that can’t see the forums and multiple machines at the college I work at the same. The only way I can view the forums or post is via my smartphone
  • T@rty
    T@rty
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and the posted fix has not worked for me either :-(
  • bodge2372
    bodge2372
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem for me, also. Can only view the forums from my phone. And that posted workaround is no good as the highlighted section doesn't appear on the inspect thingy for me. Or at least I can't see it anywhere.

Edit - I tried the above mentioned f12 key but in mine it says visibility: hidden and I have to de-select it every time to get the page to appear.
    Edited by bodge2372 on July 12, 2021 11:05AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On ESO Live they said they were working with Vanilla Forums to resolve the issue, which suggests that this is a forum provider issue. If using Vanilla becomes a problem, I find myself wondering whether these forums will follow the rest of the Bethesda forums.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same issue, so frustrating! I cannot even file a ticket now as that part of the site has gone down using Firefox. :( I am on PC WIN 7 trying Firefox and Brave. Also doesn't work on my cellphone using the same browsers.
  • aenarel
    aenarel
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here, using the latest version of Firefox (90.0 64-bit) on Windows 10 on a desktop PC.

I can still post using inspect (F12), selecting the <body id="vanilla_...> element in the [Inspector] list on the left, typing "hidden" in the [Filter Styles] textbox in the middle and unchecking the box next to [visibility: hidden;]. It's rather cumbersome doing this every time a new page loads, of course.

The error occurs whether I am logged in or not.
  • aenarel
    aenarel
    Soul Shriven
    Addendum: the forums appear to work again. !important has its uses ;-)
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    With multiple threads discussing forum issues we are going to close this thread. You can find updates on the situation in the discussion below.

Are there issues with the desktop site with the forums?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.