Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667080
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 9, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667081

What are your favorite motifs?

francesinhalover
francesinhalover
✭✭✭✭✭
Please give me a 5 or 3 maybe from net or just in game screenshots, huge hug :) Here's a site that can help https://eso-motifs.mmo-fashion.com/search/?f=search&ptb-search=1&ptb_page=1&armor_weight[]=medium&armor_piece[]=full-set

Mine are (medium) There's things i dislike in all of them, but they are still the ones i like the most so far

Nighthollow
Nighthollow-Medium-Male-Front.jpg?fit=373%2C858&ssl=1
True-Sworn
True-Sworn-Rawhide-Male-Front.jpg?fit=338%2C868&ssl=1
Meridian
Meridian-Rawhide-Male-Front.jpg?ssl=1

Dro'm athra , wayward , and thorn legion are good too, not sure about thorn yet.

Edited by francesinhalover on July 8, 2021 4:44PM
I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Peacatcher
    Peacatcher
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have pictures but I have a few characters in Pyre Watch chests with Blackreach Vanguard breeches at the moment and they look great to me.
    Ps4 EU
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have favorite combos but I never wear a full.matching set because that's too basic and boring for my tastes
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In-game: Anequina, Ebonshadow

Crown store only: Grim Harlequin
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't wear complete sets, and often wear a costume rather than armour outfits, but I do like to style my weapons. I particularly like the anequina bow which I use on my stamplar
    Soupy twist
  • Kadraeus
    Kadraeus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like to mix mine up but I'd say some of my favorites are (including ones I don't have):

Meridian

Wayward Guardian

Moongrave Fane

Sovngarde Stalwart

Anequina

Pellitine

• Bigmatt2
    Bigmatt2
    ✭✭✭
    I always seem to go back to the Apostle outfit style.
  • Remathilis
    Remathilis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fang Lair, Ebonshadow, nighthollow, Huntsman, Wood elf, Mazzatun, Waking Flame
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really depends on the needs. For me, grim harlequin has the best gloves and boots in all weights, and thus is one of my all time favorites. The rest is up to looks.

For clothes&leather, eccentric experimenter, sapiarch and psijic are first that comes to mind. I think ebonshadow light chest deserves a special mention tho.

For bulky proper armor, minotaur, ebonsteel and Ebony claims top spots for me. Special mention to engine guardian.

For comical purposes: cadwell weapons, grim harlequin and as a special mention Daggerfall Covenant light pants.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you want the look for male character or for female character? You would get different motifs.
    So, for the male (as in the OP) my favorites are
    - Sapiarch
    - Divine Prosecution
    - Order of the Hour
    - Pyre Watch
    - Abah's Watch
    - Pyandonean
    - Welkynar
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mazzatun Cuirass & Guards.

Sea Giant Boots.

Draugr Helmet.

Minotaur Helmet.

Barbaric Sash.

Hollowjack Bracers and Boots.

Hazardous Alchemy Helmet.

Coldsnap Maul.

Deadwater Bow and Greatsword.

Ebonshadow Axe and Battle Axe.

Stags Of Z’en Axe and Bow.

Assassin’s League Bow.

Huntsman Bow.

Rkindaleft Dwarven Bow.

S.
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite motifs are:
    Huntsman
    Ancestral Reach
    Divine Prosecution
    Fang Lair
    Sapiarch
    Welkynar
    Sunspire

Those are motifs I love and can use them without combining them with any other.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • FluffWit
    FluffWit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blackreach Vanguard and Daggerfall Covenant
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess it will be ancient akaviri, potentate, militant ordinator and swordsthane for me.

Edited for Knights of the circle, marvelous addition to the game.
    Edited by colossalvoids on July 8, 2021 9:23PM
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It really depends on the character I play, but I mostly use:

Swordthane

Ancestral Nord

Bloodforge

Silver Dawn

Telvanni, Ashlander and Morag Tong (for appropriate chars)

Ancestral Reach (chest and shoulders) and Dreadhorn legs (for my Reachman chars only)

Divine Prosecution and Sapiarch (for Altmer chars only)
    Edited by Kendaric on July 8, 2021 9:21PM
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Jaimeh
      Jaimeh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I like bits and pieces from a lot of motifs: apostle, sunspire, elder argonian, blackreach vanguard, black kiergo, prisoner, mazzatun, hazardous alchemy, welkynar... I tend to mix and match, and not usually dress a character using a single style. Having said that, I'm a fan of the newer string of motifs that we've had with the scarves/cloths around the neck area, they give off an adventurer feeling.
    • Slyclone
      Slyclone
      ✭✭✭✭
      Mazzatun cloth top, Honor guard cloth shoulders, prisoner gloves and sandals, and, clear slot for pants removed.

The rest don't fit well together imo.
      That's it, that's all.
    • Lylith
      Lylith
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      tsaesci and (especially) grim harlequin mixed with a few varying accessories.
    • Sheezabeast
      Sheezabeast
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I really like Fang Lair light robe for displaying tattoos. So few costumes and armor display our tattoos.

T4aMgPD.png?1
      Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    • whitecrow
      whitecrow
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I love those Tree of Life markings.
    • Austacker
      Austacker
      ✭✭✭✭
      Welkynar for sure

547c7e5c2d048b1e8a9bfad12ceb7f62.jpg

As a Healer Main, this Motif looks amazing...
    • OutLaw_Nynx
      OutLaw_Nynx
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Austacker wrote: »
      Welkynar for sure

547c7e5c2d048b1e8a9bfad12ceb7f62.jpg

As a Healer Main, this Motif looks amazing...

Wow, I love this!
    • oterWitz
      oterWitz
      ✭✭✭✭
      Meridian, for being one of the very few chest pieces in the game that looks realistic on a female character.
      Honor Guard for looks and versatility.
      Stags of Z'en for uniqueness.
      PC NA
    • fred4
      fred4
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Anything dyed black? Most ESO motifs are IMO too ornate and not stylish. Given how coarse the textures are they don't look good. Features have been made too big, because small details / stitching / realistic leather textures and so on are not possible. Dying it Coldharbour Ash Black is often the only recourse to make stuff look decent. I also think the only things that really matter are the big pieces, e.g. the tops and the pants. Note all my characters are women. With that out of the way:

Mazzatun heavy top
      Grim Harlequin light and medium tops
      Tier 1 and 2 Nord chainmail tops and tier 3 (I think) Nord light ones
      That new, relatively simple Knight Aspirant crown crate / Endeavours motif or whatever it's called
      Mazzatun skirts - largely because they are the only skirts in the game
      Other than that basically any pants will do
      PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
      PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
    • emilyhyoyeon
      emilyhyoyeon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I like Deadwater, Order of the Hour (just wish the medium and heavy legs showed bare legs), Divine Prosecutor, Arkthzand Armory, Assassin's League, Silken Ring
      IGN @ emilypumpkin
      Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather
      Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian ghostminder & soul gem collector
      Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher

BLACK HAIR FOR ALTMER PLEASE (hair color cosmetic pack)
    • fred4
      fred4
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Renee8.jpg
      Danica7.jpg

Danica wore a wood elf top when she was younger:

Danica8.jpg
      Edited by fred4 on July 9, 2021 2:42AM
      PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Mazzatun light Skirt, Order of the Hour light Sandals, Windhelm Scale Tunic Shoulders, Sapiarch light chest, and the medium Wood Elf Jack seem to be items I use in many designs. I am also really loving the new Knight-Aspirant legs and Deadland Gladiator Breeches.

Edit:
      My character is wearing the Deadland Gladiator Breeches in this image
      MsCZmuE.jpg

In this image is the Sapiarch light chest
      eQ70iAV.jpg

In this image is the wood elf medium chest and windhelm scale tunic shoulders.

u5hWx6C.jpg

In this image is the Mazzatun light Skirt and Order of the Hour sandals

nNuTEiX.jpg
      Edited by spartaxoxo on July 9, 2021 2:47AM
    • fred4
      fred4
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      spartaxoxo wrote: »
      Mazzatun light Skirt, Order of the Hour light Sandals, Windhelm Scale Tunic Shoulders, Sapiarch light chest, and the medium Wood Elf Jack seem to be items I use in many designs. I am also really loving the new Knight-Aspirant legs and Deadland Gladiator Breeches.
      The simpler motifs are the best, aren't they? I like some of the low level designs too, even though the textures are crap, and that new Knight Aspirant one. The Paravant design, though, that was just on sale ... a little too skimpy top, even though I take the point that those kind of tops can make a character that has has tatoos. I would have liked a new skirt, but the deal breaker was the underpants sticking out as well as the fur padded rear, which not only made your behind look ridiculous, it also clipped with many tops.
    • NotaDaedraWorshipper
      NotaDaedraWorshipper
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I like a lot of styles, because I have a big variety of characters and I like to dress them suitingly. In many styles there are just some parts I fancy like only the legs.

But some of my favourite styles are: Order of the Hour (Still best imperial style :( ), Silver Dawn, Stag of Z'en, Abah's Watch, Sunspire, Elder Argonian, Breton, Skinchanger, Topal Corsair, Snowhawk Mage, Second Legion. Knight of the Circle. Oh and the new True-sworn is nice too.

I like simpler armours. Mostly in medium armor kinda look.
      [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    • xv1_me
      xv1_me
      ✭✭✭
      Edit while I figure out how to insert pics
      Edited by xv1_me on July 9, 2021 3:41AM
    • xv1_me
      xv1_me
      ✭✭✭
      nevermind its not worth it
      Edited by xv1_me on July 9, 2021 3:50AM