Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667080
•[COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 9, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667081

What are your favorite motifs?

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xv1_me wrote: »
    nevermind its not worth it
    I upload them to my Discord and get a link to use here.
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use costume only. The very rare occasions where I tried an armor, I was mixing motives. Hard to select one more than another therefore. Generally, I like sober, tight and not fully covering body (for example, naked arms).
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many, I'm afraid. But there are several I seem to come back to all the time.

Morag Tong
    Snowhawk Mage
    Knight of the Circle
    Ebonsteel Knight
    Nighthollow
    Swordthane
    Hlaalu
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Mazzatun light Skirt, Order of the Hour light Sandals, Windhelm Scale Tunic Shoulders, Sapiarch light chest, and the medium Wood Elf Jack seem to be items I use in many designs. I am also really loving the new Knight-Aspirant legs and Deadland Gladiator Breeches.
    The simpler motifs are the best, aren't they? I like some of the low level designs too, even though the textures are crap, and that new Knight Aspirant one. The Paravant design, though, that was just on sale ... a little too skimpy top, even though I take the point that those kind of tops can make a character that has has tatoos. I would have liked a new skirt, but the deal breaker was the underpants sticking out as well as the fur padded rear, which not only made your behind look ridiculous, it also clipped with many tops.

They really are! The deadland gladiator has a new skirt that's simple and great.
  • TTHHORR
    TTHHORR
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I dislike most motifs in the game. They are bland and boring. Most have the same shapes but there are some gems

My favorites with example pictures (Sorry for the picture spam):

Trinimac Chests - love and hate this one. The blades are cool but the jacket works with only few leg pieces and colors.
    Heavy High Elf gloves - This one is from original game. Love them because they are the only gloves that go so high so you can make the arms look armored even with light chest pieces.
    Arkthzand Pauldrons - They're just so big that they make you stand out. Works very well with Trinimac chest.
    Stormlord boots? - Or something like that, you get them from BGs. They have the highest kneecaps.

All four on this char:

8BDTX5V.png
    lfoOp4u.png

Next up:
    Yokudan light shoulders - Love the poncho look
    Greymoor legs - For that armored legs look when you want to go for a medium armor style
    Kynareve Boots - Second choice for boots lately, nothing special but their shape flows nicely
    Original Daedric Light Chest - I like the long flaps, they are the longest of any armor. Dislike the top part. Can make some interesting combos

All four here:
    x1OCSZT.jpg

Doctrine Ordinator gloves - pretty unique gloves:

yr12dhC.png
    C1SgRs2.jpg

Woodelf Light chest - Kinda looks like an open jacket, hate the painted on look tho.

YUW0UBX.png

Snowhawk pants - For a monk look
    Woodelf light gloves
    Khajiit light boots - or they might be switched, don't remember

r6et8T2.png

Xivkyn light gloves - work great with Sai Sahan chest.
    Hlaalu and Redoran motifs - They just give me that Morrowind nostalgia. Timeless look:

4HkYUlz.jpg
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TTHHORR wrote: »
    To be honest I dislike most motifs in the game. They are bland and boring. Most have the same shapes but there are some gems

My favorites with example pictures (Sorry for the picture spam):

Trinimac Chests - love and hate this one. The blades are cool but the jacket works with only few leg pieces and colors.
    Heavy High Elf gloves - This one is from original game. Love them because they are the only gloves that go so high so you can make the arms look armored even with light chest pieces.
    Arkthzand Pauldrons - They're just so big that they make you stand out. Works very well with Trinimac chest.
    Stormlord boots? - Or something like that, you get them from BGs. They have the highest kneecaps.

All four on this char:

8BDTX5V.png
    lfoOp4u.png

Next up:
    Yokudan light shoulders - Love the poncho look
    Greymoor legs - For that armored legs look when you want to go for a medium armor style
    Kynareve Boots - Second choice for boots lately, nothing special but their shape flows nicely
    Original Daedric Light Chest - I like the long flaps, they are the longest of any armor. Dislike the top part. Can make some interesting combos

All four here:
    x1OCSZT.jpg

Doctrine Ordinator gloves - pretty unique gloves:

yr12dhC.png
    C1SgRs2.jpg

Woodelf Light chest - Kinda looks like an open jacket, hate the painted on look tho.

YUW0UBX.png

Snowhawk pants - For a monk look
    Woodelf light gloves
    Khajiit light boots - or they might be switched, don't remember

r6et8T2.png

Xivkyn light gloves - work great with Sai Sahan chest.
    Hlaalu and Redoran motifs - They just give me that Morrowind nostalgia. Timeless look:

4HkYUlz.jpg

They all remind me of anime characters somehow.
    Good job!
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any screenshots at the moment, but can provide some later.

Some of my favorites are:

Xivkyn (heavy)
    Worm Cult (heavy)
    Ebony (light and heavy)
    Glass (light and heavy)
    Fang Lair / Fang Worm (light chests)
    Stags of Z'en (light chest and head)
  • TTHHORR
    TTHHORR
    ✭✭✭

They all remind me of anime characters somehow.
    Good job!

They're all based on/inspired by existing characters so probably that's why heh.

-Anomander from Malazan book series,
    -Kaladin from Stormlight Archive book series,
    -Viego from LOL, lol
    -Adult Aang,
    -Vivecs Adoring Fan

Here's an anime cosplay character I'm working on, PvP glasscannon MagDK:
    gRK8cd1.jpg

Which reminds me, I've always liked the motif for Abnur Tharns staff up there, and the Hollowjack light shoulders

• SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any set that doesn't have tassets or crotch flaps.
    Edited by SilverBride on July 9, 2021 6:42PM
    PCNA
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bouyant Armiger. It's the glass, and those shoulders

rBsrFGc.jpg
    PC EU
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've gotten the most use out of some of the CE motifs. Imperial, Morag Tong, and Divine Prosecution are the mirepoix of my outfit soup. Since I largely play elves, they tend round out outfits pretty well.

The base game motifs are pretty good when dyed correctly. I use High Elf and Dark Elf the most, but the Ancestral motifs are all gold IMO. Naturally, use the Ancestral High Elf motif quite a bit. The nord one has really good definiton to it too.
    Edited by Destai on July 10, 2021 3:19PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mazzatun light Skirt, Order of the Hour light Sandals, Windhelm Scale Tunic Shoulders, Sapiarch light chest, and the medium Wood Elf Jack seem to be items I use in many designs. I am also really loving the new Knight-Aspirant legs and Deadland Gladiator Breeches.
    The simpler motifs are the best, aren't they? I like some of the low level designs too, even though the textures are crap, and that new Knight Aspirant one. The Paravant design, though, that was just on sale ... a little too skimpy top, even though I take the point that those kind of tops can make a character that has has tatoos. I would have liked a new skirt, but the deal breaker was the underpants sticking out as well as the fur padded rear, which not only made your behind look ridiculous, it also clipped with many tops.

They really are! The deadland gladiator has a new skirt that's simple and great.
    Where do you get that? Blackwood Collector's Edition only?
    PC EU: Magblade (PvP main), DK (PvE Tank), Sorc (PvP and PvE), Magden (PvE Healer), Magplar (PvP and PvE DD), Arcanist (PvE DD)
    PC NA: Magblade (PvP and PvE every role)
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where do you get that? Blackwood Collector's Edition only?

Yeah. The Deadland's gladiator is exclusive to the Blackwood Collector's Edition. You can a similar skirt with chainmail leggings called Knight Aspirant from the current crown crates, it's only 1k seals.

You won't get the nice bare legged skirt look of Deadlands due to the chainmail, but it's similar in shape so may work for a skirt outfit you have in mind if you can't get Blackwood CE.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on July 10, 2021 7:47PM
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I said I was gonna upload some screenshots of my favorite motifs, from my roster of character:

Worm Cult heavy armor (on a Breton vampire Necromancer tank)
    Screenshot-20210712-204332.png

Xivkyn heavy armor (on a Breton vampire Necromancer tank)
    mural-main.jpg

Fang Lair jerkin (on a Wood Elf Warden tank)
    799.jpg

Glass light armor (on a Dark Elf Sorcerer healer)
    amarglass1-2.jpg

Glass heavy armor (on a Redguard Templar stam DPS)
    sahara.jpg

Ebony heavy armor (on an Argonian Necromancer mag DPS)
    xlayde-skin-002-2.jpg

Ebony light armor (on a High Elf Necromancer healer)
    nlen-ebony-2.jpg

Stags of Z'en jerkin and helmet (on a Wood Elf Nightblade stam DPS)
    marr-zen-helm.jpg
    Edited by amm7sb14_ESO on July 14, 2021 1:20AM
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fell in love with this Fanglair motif set the 1st time I entered that dungeon.
    b4KqagZ.jpg

Ancestral Reach motif is another favorite of mine. Pain in the Burt to get when it first came out. Spent a lot of gold buying the pieces.
    HC98M7Q.jpg

Psijic order is another favorite of mine for my healers.
    hu2HIVR.jpg

• DreamyLu
    DreamyLu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None, I use costumes only. Up to now, I didn't achieve to find an armor I like. Mainly due to shoulders. Based on the pictures above, woodelf light chest isn't bad.
    I'm out of my mind, feel free to leave a message... PC/NA
  • mrkurokishi
    mrkurokishi
    ✭✭✭
    Sunspire
    Tsaesci
    Fang Lair/ Fang Worm
    Akaviri

Sai Sahan's top (we need more designs like this)

The one thing I wish is that you could hide the tabard but still represent your guild(s) without it covering your armor. This alone keeps me from:

A: not wearing a tabard
    B: wearing a costume so I don't have to see it
    PS4 : mrkurokishi
    Bancha: AD Khajiit magCro (main)
    Koicha: AD Khajiit stamPlar
    Usucha: AD Khajiit stamDen
    Teishu: DC Khajiit magDK
    Shincha: AD Khajiit madSorc
    PC : mrkurokishi
    Malacath's Side Piece: DC Orc stamPlar
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greymoor for my vampy assassin
    Ebonshadow looks great on my female wood elf.
    and Apostle on my paladin tank as long as I don't wear the head.
  • dowkkono
    dowkkono
    ✭✭
    Akaviri
    Dremora
    Yokudan
    Morag Tong
    Pellitine

Honorable mentions: Daedric & Psijic

• Tharonil
    Tharonil
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite motif is the akaviri style.

I had many hopes for the retextured ancestral akaviri motif, but I can't life with the unprotected butt.

Furthermore the new motif is nearly impossible to get. After uncountable treasure maps I only got the axes style page so far.

After all it's not a big deal, because I still love and stay with the old one :smile: