The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please nerf Crystal Weapon ganking

• francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Alright so here's the deal.

Pve players use this skill to insta kill from behind npcs, It's fun. and SHOULDN'T BE NERFED.

However It's understandable that this skill on PVP with a bow is too strong.

That being said, the devs don't separate pvp from pve. So if it gets nerfed It will ruin the fun of many pve players.

However there's no other way to balance this, so the skill when activated should indeed make you visible.
    Sorry pve players, but pvp is more important i guess.

This is not a bow attack. And other styles of one-shot mechanics the are bow or heavy attacks have already been nerfed. If you wanna insta kill npcs from behind, there is a skill you can use - Blade of Woe.

It's a Skill that buffs the dmg your next light attack does with bows = being able to insta kill npcs easily, especialy if you have vampire passives or certain builds.
    Blade of woe doesn't work on pvp, and 80% of pve enemys , spiders, monsters, spirits, mini bosses etc.

That being said,i'm not sure why you replied to me, but after thinking a bit, i'm not sure - how crystal weapon it insta kills on pvp, I understand it making some people lose 30%-40% of their hp but it's hard for me too see it insta killing on pvp.
    Edited by francesinhalover on July 2, 2021 4:40PM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Pve players use this skill to insta kill from behind npcs, It's fun. and SHOULDN'T BE NERFED.

That being said, the devs don't separate pvp from pve. So if it gets nerfed It will ruin the fun of many pve players.

However there's no other way to balance this, so the skill when activated should indeed make you visible.
    To clarify: It could be used with a bow in PvP, but I don't believe it typically is. DW or 2H gives more damage and Overload lets you play from range regardless.

For what it's worth, you can creep up behind an NPC and insta-kill them with a 2H heavy attack. This is not possible in PvP.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think crystal weapon is busted, but the build utilised to make it busted. Vate 2h backbar + which other set(I've seen various options). Masters dw normally... Crystal weapon as a skill is fine and what stamsorcs needed to compete with other classes with burst options. It is the build that overperforms and should be adjusted.

I love stamsorc, but I fight them on many other classes. It is literally a build not a skill that is over performing.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is not a bow attack. And other styles of one-shot mechanics the are bow or heavy attacks have already been nerfed. If you wanna insta kill npcs from behind, there is a skill you can use - Blade of Woe.

It's a Skill that buffs the dmg your next light attack does with bows = being able to insta kill npcs easily, especialy if you have vampire passives or certain builds.
    Blade of woe doesn't work on pvp, and 80% of pve enemys , spiders, monsters, spirits, mini bosses etc.

That being said,i'm not sure why you replied to me, but after thinking a bit, i'm not sure - how crystal weapon it insta kills on pvp, I understand it making some people lose 30%-40% of their hp but it's hard for me too see it insta killing on pvp.

I do understand your desire to maintain fun. There has to be a solution that can satisfy both pve players and pvp players. It isn't just Crystal weapon. It's a combination of Crystal Weapon, Crushing weapon and Overload. It's a specific build that allows the attacker to one-shot players with 30k+health and 30k+ resistances. I will send you a couple of links to clips that show exactly what is happening. But one of them would publicly name a player here and naming a player is against forum rules.

Let's just say that being one-shot with no chance to fight back isn't fun. And while I have usually supported ganking, the Devs have consistently nerfed most other means of one-shotting players. This build also uses Vampire stage 4...so all the ganker has to do is sprint and they are invisible.
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I find weird is that you don't see this thing coming until you are dead, without any way to counter. A standard overloard gank is usually no problem for me, because you hear that combat is initiated briefly before the hit would land. In the death recap it apparently shows only part of the whole damage (often just only crystal weapon). I really would appreciate if the devs look into this.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think crystal weapon is busted, but the build utilised to make it busted. Vate 2h backbar + which other set(I've seen various options). Masters dw normally... Crystal weapon as a skill is fine and what stamsorcs needed to compete with other classes with burst options. It is the build that overperforms and should be adjusted.

I love stamsorc, but I fight them on many other classes. It is literally a build not a skill that is over performing.

Yeah I'll be honest, I run it without vate and you aren't going to one shot anyone unless they have no armor and low health. With vate, yeah, it's kinda strong. Solution, nerf vate and leave stam sorc alone.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I do understand your desire to maintain fun. There has to be a solution that can satisfy both pve players and pvp players. It isn't just Crystal weapon. It's a combination of Crystal Weapon, Crushing weapon and Overload. It's a specific build that allows the attacker to one-shot players with 30k+health and 30k+ resistances. I will send you a couple of links to clips that show exactly what is happening. But one of them would publicly name a player here and naming a player is against forum rules.

Let's just say that being one-shot with no chance to fight back isn't fun. And while I have usually supported ganking, the Devs have consistently nerfed most other means of one-shotting players. This build also uses Vampire stage 4...so all the ganker has to do is sprint and they are invisible.

Send me the links too, please!
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build also uses Vampire stage 4...so all the ganker has to do is sprint and they are invisible.

I will say this about the invisibility sprint, and that it is very.... finicky.

Basically you have to jump over every single rock as just entering a fall animation for a split second kills the stealth, the server sometimes will hickup and you are no longer sprinting so randomly just appear, and in heavy lag the server's clock on what is 3 seconds might be 8 seconds which is plenty of time to get cursed, hit with dots, and have other projectiles shot at ya.

It's not the perfect get out of jail free card many think it is and requires a lot of line of sighting and luck to get it to work.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK