QOL Suggestions

• Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulytnz wrote: »
    @FlopsyPrince

Refining - Not sure what you mean by "multi" act on a single item.

Guild Trader Search - Yeah I agree with this. Not sure how it would work out in game tho - resource wise. I will add it to the list tho.

During my console time the system would ignore a long press on a single item instead of carrying out the multi action.

It wasn't really a stack, so that is why, but it was annoying since I had to then take the action in another way.

Filtering the list for "unknown items" should be trivial since it is just a limiting filter. Only show things I don't know if I have turned on the setting. We can already filter by trait, level, etc.

Ohh so you didn't have craft bag? I think I get it now, you are saying if you had multiple stacks it could cause issues, I see now, thanks for the clarification.

Added your suggestion anyway, so it's there. :)
    Options
  • Ani
    Ani
    ✭✭✭
    ( added #9-10 and edited #3 to avoid the wrath of Eidetic memory completionists)

As a fellow console player, here are some additional things to add to the list:

1. Guild Trader Search: Create a toggle/dropdown to enable us to search only for unknown motifs, furnishing plans, recipes, and containers/collectables. 99% of the time I only want to see the motifs/plans/recipes/style pages that I don't already know.

2. Crafting stations: Allow us to search, sort, and filter crafting plans in the crafting menu of crafting stations (i.e., sort alphabetically rather than by category; search for all plans with the word "bed" in the name, etc). While you're at it, please do the same for provisioning recipes.

3. Add a way (not via Eidetic memory) that we can see which furnishing plans we know without having to go to a crafting station, and also which plans we are still missing.

4. Master crafter writs: Add a visual indicator (text color, or additional text) to writs when I don't have the skill level, research traits, or - most important - the motif to complete it ("You do not meet the requirements to complete this writ"). Even better if you can filter searches on guild traders to show only those master writs you can complete, similar to #1 above.

5. Give console players the ability to mark items as junk (or to sell) consistent with the base PC game.

6. Make treasure maps, style pages, and containers stackable and bankable in both personal and guild banks.

7. Motifs: Add an indicator of whether I know the corresponding style (i.e., I know the motif on an alt).

8. Update Keen Eye: Treasure Chests to include treasure map sites (treasure dig sites). Those freaking mounds are impossible to see in certain terrain, and we console folks can't just turn off the grass to make it easier.

9. Add a couple options in the Outfit Station. Allow us to browse by style rather than by piece. Give us an option on any given to piece to "preview full style", so we can see what the rest of the style looks like without having to change fifty slots. Allow us to lock a slot (like we can in character creator) so we can experiment with "randomize" more.

10. Let us save favorite appearance collectables.
    Edited by Ani on October 25, 2021 7:46AM
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @FlopsyPrince

Refining - Not sure what you mean by "multi" act on a single item.

Guild Trader Search - Yeah I agree with this. Not sure how it would work out in game tho - resource wise. I will add it to the list tho.

During my console time the system would ignore a long press on a single item instead of carrying out the multi action.

It wasn't really a stack, so that is why, but it was annoying since I had to then take the action in another way.

Filtering the list for "unknown items" should be trivial since it is just a limiting filter. Only show things I don't know if I have turned on the setting. We can already filter by trait, level, etc.

Ohh so you didn't have craft bag? I think I get it now, you are saying if you had multiple stacks it could cause issues, I see now, thanks for the clarification.

Added your suggestion anyway, so it's there. :)

I had the craft bag. Multi something just didn't work at times. Perhaps it was deconstructing only a single item. I have not been on the PS4 for quite a while (other than to needlessly grab the free DLC).

Minor issue, but annoying.

====

The crafting styles needed to have an "alphabetize" option. Yes, some may know them in their order of release or whatever, but finding them on the console was a real pain in many cases, with a lot of scrolling looking for the right one for a Master Writ.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ani

1 - Sort of comes under the one I just added.

2 - I don't recall if there is any search system on them already or not. Will add this one tho anyway. :)

3 - A sticker book type thing would be great here but, there is over 1k craftable furnishings so that would take a LOT of work. I want them to do it, but I think it would be a big task so......

4 - I like this one, it would save me time referring to my spreadsheets all the time lol...

5 - Not sure how it works on the PC, but I really have no problems with the current system. I just tab through all the sections anyway as I take mental note of what I need to also bank after seeing what I have sold. Then again from memory, GW2 had such a feature that auto sold junk for you with just 1 click. So I will add this.

6 - This would be nice!

7 - I have 10 chars on my account, not sure how this would work. I guess you mean there would be a list of my 10 chars on the item and it would show the ones that know it in Red and the ones that don't would be in green or something?

8 - Oh yeah this would be nice.

9 - We can already use the "Search" function to display a particular set. Sure we still have to click on each piece to add it but it's not too bad. Will still add this tho.

10 - I think we can already add these to the quick slot wheels.

Adding a lot of your ideas here, you must have had a list of grievances as long as mine for almost as long lol. So thank you for sharing. :)

@FlopsyPrince

I agree about the crafting styles, but I would add ONLY after the original 10 race styles. That is Breton - Imperial. Personally tho I would prefer that a grid type window would open up with all styles showing alphabetically and just a simple click to find and change. Will add your idea.
    Edited by Paulytnz on October 26, 2021 7:08AM
    Options
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all!

After removing a few posts, we would like to remind everyone that Flaming is a violation of the Community Guidelines and is stated as follows:
    • Flaming: It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. If a discussion gets heated and turns into a debate, remember that you should stick to debating the post and/or thread topic. It is never appropriate to resort to personal comments or jabs about those participating in the thread discussion.
    If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to take a few moments to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated OP due to the fact that ZOS has finally given us the toggle for Combat Music - Thank You!

Please keep this thread alive guys to make sure MORE of these things get dealt with. :)
    Options
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have different, choosable lighting conditions on character creation been mentioned?
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
    Options
  • Castian
    Castian
    ✭✭✭
    PC needs an indicator on Motif style known for writs as well.
    Options
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armory station in cyrodiil
    Options
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    Have different, choosable lighting conditions on character creation been mentioned?

No I have not added that in. Probably because I have the Brightness all the way to the right so it's not an issue for me. You could try adjusting the brightness in the character log in screen just before trying to make a new char? See if that helps.

Castian wrote: »
    PC needs an indicator on Motif style known for writs as well.

All of these suggestions are for PC as well of course. I only added that opening statement to pre-empt anyone saying - use XXX add on. :)
    blkjag wrote: »
    Armory station in cyrodiil

I think that this is a fair enough suggestion, I will add it to the list. TY
    Options
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »

I'd he satisfied if they let you return to the Outfit station in 5 or 10 minutes and refund the gold from the change so you create an outfit, take a look at it inside and outside and then redo it if needed.
    Options
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The below posting was added to a thread about the Xmas Event Writ costs.
    If only they gave us a Vendor to whom we could trade ANY tier of logs to for the Heartwood.

Don't go and say "but that will kill the economy or value of them!"

The only reason (in my mind) we even have Heartwood/Bast and all the other types is because it would have been a hassle for them to make furnishing recipes require each and every individual log/tier type etc.

So these "special" types of "wood"/"cloth" etc were made for ease of the crafting system in general. No one said they were ever intended to be rare.

Summary:

Give us a Vendor already ZOS that lets us trade any type of wood for Heartwood, and ditto for the other Craft Skills as well. Obviously not on a ratio of 1 to 1. Something fair. :)

As such I am adding it now to my original post here.
    Edited by Paulytnz on December 23, 2021 1:41AM
    Options
  • Auztinito
    Auztinito
    ✭✭✭
    No-Guild Trader option
    Mark as junk
    Button Remapping
    Centralized Market Search/List
    Hide X Armor Options (Shoulders, Gloves, Tops, Legs, & ect)
    Options
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Crown Store option, for a couple of Hirelings to take care of your collection of treasure maps and survey reports. Limit them to be able to do only one at a time and only once a day. Players will be able to place them somewhere in one of their homes and give them either the map or report you want them to take care of. What they find will be based on your characters level, crafting skill level, and any relevant champion point bonuses your character has chosen and/or equipped.
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A Crown Store option, for a couple of Hirelings to take care of your collection of treasure maps and survey reports. Limit them to be able to do only one at a time and only once a day. Players will be able to place them somewhere in one of their homes and give them either the map or report you want them to take care of. What they find will be based on your characters level, crafting skill level, and any relevant champion point bonuses your character has chosen and/or equipped.

How about putting those in the crafting bag for ESO+ players?

And having a way to easily reset the nodes without having to run away somehow. That is a really annoying mechanic. I would be happy to collect them every so often if I could click on one of them to reset the node spawns (or get a message saying I still need to collect the previous one).
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on December 24, 2021 1:18AM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Kind of amazing that many have spoken against a quality of life improvement years ago. Don't people understand what "quality of life" is? Yes, many QoL issues can be handled other ways now, but that doesn't mean they can't be asked for.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on December 25, 2021 4:30AM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of amazing that many have spoken against a quality of life improvement years ago. Don't people understand what "quality of life" is? Yes, many QoL issues can be handled other ways now, but that doesn't mean they can't be asked for.

Looking back on my other, similar threads, I have found that on this particular forum, when I suggest an improvement, it is met with variations of "you're lazy". I eventually stopped. Maybe the culture has changed a bit now.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Looking back on my other, similar threads, I have found that on this particular forum, when I suggest an improvement, it is met with variations of "you're lazy". I eventually stopped. Maybe the culture has changed a bit now.

That is why ZOS really needs a place to get these changes. People tend to be much more satisfied if they seem to have input, even if their desires do not happen.

Just letting "you're lazy" replies be the only thing is counterproductive for them.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing list, the first 2 need to exist so bad
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
    Options
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is why ZOS really needs a place to get these changes. People tend to be much more satisfied if they seem to have input, even if their desires do not happen.

Just letting "you're lazy" replies be the only thing is counterproductive for them.

Yeah I agree, they really need a "Suggestions" forum here. If anything just to remove the suggestion threads from the General section. Most other games have a suggestion section. *Sigh* really getting sick of saying "most other games have...." before things here lol.

Sorry I haven't replied/commented on the few newest posts guys, xmas and all that. Will get to it some time. :)
    Options
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A suggestions forum is really only useful if they actively reply to each suggestion. Look at the bugs forum for an example of how NOT to do it.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A suggestions forum is really only useful if they actively reply to each suggestion. Look at the bugs forum for an example of how NOT to do it.

They wouldn't have to respond to every suggestion, but having a feeling things are at least getting read would certainly be helpful.

It would also be a good resource if used properly.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They wouldn't have to respond to every suggestion, but having a feeling things are at least getting read would certainly be helpful./quote]

Well it certainly couldn't hurt.

I mean honestly, interaction with developers is what we are calling for in many threads across many areas of the form. Community managers help to a point, and Kevin and Bill are doing better than most, but there's no substitute for more direct interaction.

At the end of the day, ZOS employees read the forums anyway looking for things to censor or close, so if they're in the thread, why can't they just say "Sorry, we tried that idea, and we don't think it'll work.. " or "that's a great idea, I'll let someone know and see if it's doable" or any of a million other easy to do things. Compare that to the effort spent going to great lengths to police other aspects, and I personally think it's small in comparison.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

They wouldn't have to respond to every suggestion, but having a feeling things are at least getting read would certainly be helpful.

Well it certainly couldn't hurt.

I mean honestly, interaction with developers is what we are calling for in many threads across many areas of the form. Community managers help to a point, and Kevin and Bill are doing better than most, but there's no substitute for more direct interaction.

At the end of the day, ZOS employees read the forums anyway looking for things to censor or close, so if they're in the thread, why can't they just say "Sorry, we tried that idea, and we don't think it'll work.. " or "that's a great idea, I'll let someone know and see if it's doable" or any of a million other easy to do things. Compare that to the effort spent going to great lengths to police other aspects, and I personally think it's small in comparison.

The ones looking for "bad posts" are not the ones who make these decisions.

Though I agree with the comment about the Bug Forums. It is VERY FRUSTRATING to see a bug reported years ago (and maybe even acknowledge with a "we are looking into it" comment) still be interrupting gameplay now. I suppose that would illustrate the frustration a suggestions forum could place. Though most would realize suggestions are just that, not broken things that need to be fixed.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True, but they could pass it along and update later with a reply.
    Though I agree with the comment about the Bug Forums. It is VERY FRUSTRATING to see a bug reported years ago (and maybe even acknowledge with a "we are looking into it" comment) still be interrupting gameplay now. I suppose that would illustrate the frustration a suggestions forum could place. Though most would realize suggestions are just that, not broken things that need to be fixed.

Having an open bug tracker would solve all of these issues, as feature requests could go into it also. Forums aren't issue trackers, after all.
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

True, but they could pass it along and update later with a reply.

Having an open bug tracker would solve all of these issues, as feature requests could go into it also. Forums aren't issue trackers, after all.

I don't disagree. I just won't hold my breath waiting for these.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/596951/pts-patch-notes-v7-3-0#latest

"Llandras Gathram is no longer standing and walking around in front of the Vivec City turn-in boxes for crafting dailies. You’re welcome."

Thank you! Have edited OP to reflect this change, getting one at a time of my suggestions added slowly, that's progress lol!
    Options
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also requesting both More Quickslots (or maybe a second Quickslot tab)

Also allow us to Favorite items in our collections. I'm tired of scrolling through 100 outfits to find the 1 I want to wear.
    Options
  • Tethilia
    Tethilia
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and the Quickslots for PC please. I'm on PC and I don't like addons.
    Options