The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

QOL Suggestions

• AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One QOL change i’d like to see is the ability to add missing gear pieces into your sticker book for trans crystals

I’m fine excluding mythics ofc but running raids or dungeons over and over for 1 weapon/jewelry drop is not fun
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bruta wrote: »
    AUCTION HOUSE

I know where you are coming from, as I come from other games with those as well. I have not included that here because I have seen all the replies to it in other posts about it and did not want to turn this thread into just another one around that topic.

Sure I could think on it and come up with something I guess that could maybe keep both sides happy. Maybe something like "you still have to be in a guild and the guild still has to bid to stay relevant to sell. The auction just combines all together to compare prices and make it easier to access...."

Something along those ideas but no, don't want to start that hornet's nest. I did NOT just suggest that at all, not yet anyway. :p
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Furnishings Bag (like the craft bag)
    • Let us dye our mounts gear (so many mounts have been ruined by poor gear colors)
    • Companion self-storage (make them carry their own gear)
    • Toggles for day/night/weather (let us set the mood)
    • Exclusive, unlimited use dyes in the Crown Store (seriously, who buys those one-use dye packs?)

Furnishing bag - there are literally thousands of Furnishings. At least 2,380 last I checked, and that's from crafting alone. So I am not sure that the Craft Bag system would work so great for that tbh. But I agree, I would like for such a system to be within the game. I just have not thought up one that I think would be suitable yet. Others have suggested like the sticker book, it's possible I guess, but ZOS would know better than I.

Dying Mounts gear - I wont say no to that. If this thread keeps going and gets some traction I may add this to my list above. :)

Companion Self Storage - At this stage I would worry the gear would disappear like equipped gear did not too long ago lol. So maybe further down the track for this when they have ironed out some of the Companion's other issues.

Day/Night Toggle - For in game outside of house? Nah, I guess everyone would just keep it permanent night or day whatever suits them. I kind of like it how it is however, but each to their own. Also I am hoping tho that in the future they may add to the day/night cycle and make it matter in some way. Examples from Oblivion/Skyrim were NPC behaviours - where they would be and what they did for example. I am hoping for something like that or maybe more basic like certain monsters/critters only appearing at day/night whatever. Certain things only being able to be done at night/day.

Dyes - I agree, make those dyes available separately if not already. Whether that be via the Crown Store or some other way earned in game I am more for that than the current system. Again will add if this thread goes somewhere. :)

Thanks for your post/support. :)
    Edited by Paulytnz on August 3, 2021 11:00AM
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DtOG wrote: »
    Your post was great man I agree with it all! May I add an option to delete all mail. We have the check boxes beside the mail, being able to delete all at once would be amazing

Hmm I am not sure I have seen the check box before, let me play a bit in game and see it before I comment on this. :)

Edit:

Have played with the mail system. On PS4/5 you:

1 - Press X to take items from the Mail.
    2 - Press Square to delete the Mail.
    3 - Press X again to confirm

I guess I have just become so used to those 3 quick button presses that it has never occurred to me to need anything else. Obviously I am not sure how it works on PC. But if it is as annoying as something like having to select the mail and then move the mouse cursor away from where the mail is to select delete and then a confirm. Then yes I could see how instead clicking in the checkbox for all mails and 1 simple delete/confirm option would be a nice touch.
    One QOL change i’d like to see is the ability to add missing gear pieces into your sticker book for trans crystals

I’m fine excluding mythics ofc but running raids or dungeons over and over for 1 weapon/jewelry drop is not fun

Other people have suggested things like a new currency which I would be more in favour of as you would still have to do the content. Under your suggestion, you would not need to DO the content. Some people would then complain it impacts that content because less people are actually doing it etc. I am not sure that would be the best way to go. But thanks for the idea/replay anyway. :)
    Edited by Paulytnz on August 4, 2021 10:16AM
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulytnz wrote: »
    Your post was great man I agree with it all! May I add an option to delete all mail. We have the check boxes beside the mail, being able to delete all at once would be amazing

Hmm I am not sure I have seen the check box before, let me play a bit in game and see it before I comment on this. :)

Other people have suggested things like a new currency which I would be more in favour of as you would still have to do the content. Under your suggestion, you would not need to DO the content. Some people would then complain it impacts that content because less people are actually doing it etc. I am not sure that would be the best way to go. But thanks for the idea/replay anyway. :)

You would still need to actually do the content first to unlock the ability to do that, i’m perfectly fine locking it behind clears and making it cost a decent amount of transmutes

Once someone’s cleared content once they shouldn’t need to run it hundreds of times for 1 gear piece
    Edited by AuraStorm43 on August 3, 2021 11:14AM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please add to that list give the player choice as to whether they auto join area chat or not for us on console

The filleting drives me mad - it should be available on provisioning stations
    Soupy twist
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    Please add to that list give the player choice as to whether they auto join area chat or not for us on console

I will add that to the list once I am sure it's not a bug and in fact a new intended "feature" or whatever as some people have stated.

Thanks for the thought to add it here, as I too do find it annoying.
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

We've removed some posts from this thread as they violated our rules on baiting. We understand that everyone has their own opinions they want to express, but we also want the forums to be a constructive platform for ESO and its community.

Thank you for your understanding, and please keep the Community Rules in mind when posting on the forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • AuraStorm43
    AuraStorm43
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

I will add that to the list once I am sure it's not a bug and in fact a new intended "feature" or whatever as some people have stated.

Thanks for the thought to add it here, as I too do find it annoying.

Whether its “intended” or not i haven’t seen 1 person who likes it
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These are the kinds of things that the developers should spend more time on, and less time chasing their tails with endless balancing changes.
    Playing since beta...
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the change to the combat music coming soon, I feel it's time I updated the OP here. With that also a big THANK YOU to Zos for doing it.

So now, that's 1 down from my list, how many more to go!?
  • Malfious1986
    Malfious1986
    ✭✭✭
    I think we should be able to use beds. Not only would roleplayers love it but using it would take you to a different time of day in the same zone. At the very least use them to control time of day in player housing.

Proper Guild Halls with abilities, furnishings, achievements etc linked to them and attained by guild efforts.

Home Crafting stations should be able to have multiple sets assigned to them to save space.

Provisioning Station should have the option to skin all fish or the various fish racks we see throughout Tamriel, giving them a purpose.

A target dummy that is literally a target dummy, we see them everywhere and I want one for realism.

Emotes that can be used whilst sat down, like eating and drinking.

Companions able to carry a small amount with reputation shared between characters.

The new RNG system using stickerbook should apply to motif collections and public dungeon vanity items

If you have a banker, trader etc, that ability should be unlocked on your companions seeing as you can't have both out at the same time.

Inter Dlc content. DLC and later added quests will always use the vanilla zones and not old DLC zones, which is making areas like the gold Coast and hews bane ghost towns. I'd like access to other Dark Brotherhood Santuaries in Tamriel, seeing as I'm a member. Think Blackwood. You can play it as is but if you also had the DB DLC you'd get a quest to reclaim and then use the sanctuary you find there. If you had the Thieves Guild there could be a new heist. Its good for ZOS too as it incentives the purchase of old dlc or a subscription

I will say though. Your idea of smuggling to quickly go between outlaws refuges is one of the best I've ever heard. It would help guild traders and make those ares feel more alive.
    Part of the PS4 EU Guild ESO - Expendable Heroes. Check out our Facebook Page! PSN Lord_Malfious
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Malfious1986

Thanks for your comments, I will try and reply to each one now.

1 - Beds - I agree there should be a use for beds. I am not sure what use however, maybe at the least just as a RP thing similar to how we can sit in chairs. This is especially needed for the 4 Poster beds, as we can't jump on them to use the various sleep emotes.

Changing the Day time I can't see really working, as the same time is for everyone in the particular zone I think. This will also kill any future ideas/plans Zos may have about having time of day effect any possible quests/events/etc.

Changing time when in player houses - Again I don't really see how this can work when we can have more than 1 player in our houses. Personally (as I have asked for above) I really want an option built in to the Housing system that let's us choose a permanent time of day/weather to keep the house set at.

2 - Guild Houses - I agree we need some Guild Hall houses. Again tho my housing suggestion above deals with this.

3 - Crafting Set Tables - I have seen this suggested before. It seems like a good idea on paper but I worry how it would actually work. Would we still have to buy the tables, attune them and then add them to these special magical tables? Would choosing the Item Set from the table be an annoying scroll right list type thing such as we currently have when picking the style. Or would it be more of a menu scroll down list? Either way I think it could be messy and take even longer to find what you are looking for than just finding the tables we have now.

I am currently working on my Crafting Tables House and I am alphabetising it. For me using my current set up is really quick. Sure the idea you are proposing would be for the benefit of saving space, so I could see a use there, but I probably wouldn't use it. I will add this to the OP post anyway. :)

4 - Provisioning Tables - I have already suggested an option for skinning all fish. That's my main concern, how they implement that I am not too concerned, they just need to lol.

5 - Target Dummy - I would like a basic Target Dummy too. Not sure how that is a QOL thing tho tbh. I also think they need to give us some target dummies that fight back so we can test healing skills/blocking/defence skills like shields etc. Maybe that part could be seen as QOL, not too sure.....

I will add this tho and give you partial credit lol.

6 - Emotes - I certainly would like more, again tho not sure if QOL. Are you meaning while on a chair, example at a table? Sure would like some for that yes. Have you tried eating food or drinking while seated? I haven't, not sure if that works, guess I might try next time I log in.

7 - Companions Storage - again as I noted above in another post. I worry they may glitch atm. They still haven't given us basic features such as scrolling through the various equipment/skill categories when equipping them. So again I say I will wait until they have polished the Companion System a bit more.

8 - Motif Collections - When I first saw the news about the new RNG system coming in I wondered to myself, would this also work for Motifs and they just forgot to tell us? So I agree with this one. I will wait until I see how it works first with the items. If I see that working as intended without issues and being of great help then yeah, I will definitely be adding that to the list. :)

9 - Companion Banker - This would really only save a few seconds at most. Sure it seems good on paper. But I don't know, again it's a companion thing. Adding all those extra menus and systems to companions I could see bugs turning up easily...again I will wait for more polish on the Companion System

10 - DLC content. This to me sounds more like added quests/system features. Not QOL stuff. I would encourage you to post this separately as you may get more feedback there and viewing from a Dev who may start to turn those wheels in their head.

11 - Outlaws Refuge - Thank you for the props. Just the other day I ran through all Guild Traders in the world and yes the Outlaw Refuges ones, looking for cheap Mundane Stones on PS EU. Nada, waste of time lol. Zero in the Outlaws Refuges. Sure I am on PS5 now (was on PS4 when I created this thread) and as such my load times are very quick (quicker than what an PC has atm if I am not mistaken). But still, that extra couple of load screens (enter refuge/leave again back to map I came from) vanishing would have been welcomed if my idea was added.

Again thanks for your reply and ideas! :)
  • Zephiran23
    Zephiran23
    ✭✭✭✭
    10. Can we get a review of how wayshrines work.
    Prior to Hew's Bane, once your character loaded, you could mount up and ride off to your objective. Arriving in Abah's Landing for the 1st time it was a surprise that you had to move off the platform to mount up. This rule was applied to the rest of the zone - the podium would dismount you and you could not mount until you'd moved off it.
    Subsequent zones seemed to revert to the previous rule and you could ride off as soon as you could click on your mount key. Now in Blackwood, most of the wayshrines seem to apply the Hew's Bane rule and the podium is a mount free zone.

The second issue that was introduced with Greymoor is that when in the city you can't see your quest objective markers. I assume this was because Solitude, like Leyawiin is completely instanced behind the city gate and not just an archway like most other cities. Outside the city, quest markers work fine and you can see where the other daily is located.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Slyclone wrote: »
    I like these ideas. It will take 5 years. ;)

More likely most won't get done at all. They do some things at times, but then ignore many, many others.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Edit:

Have played with the mail system. On PS4/5 you:

1 - Press X to take items from the Mail.
    2 - Press Square to delete the Mail.
    3 - Press X again to confirm

I guess I have just become so used to those 3 quick button presses that it has never occurred to me to need anything else. Obviously I am not sure how it works on PC. But if it is as annoying as something like having to select the mail and then move the mouse cursor away from where the mail is to select delete and then a confirm. Then yes I could see how instead clicking in the checkbox for all mails and 1 simple delete/confirm option would be a nice touch.

Those 3 clicks work fine when the system is responsive, but they fail a LOT when it is sluggish.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zephiran23

You give a bit more details as to the issues with wayshrines and so I agree with all you say. I probably haven't played as long as you, so ty for that extra info!

@FlopsyPrince

I haven't seen any sluggish issues with opening mails or a lot of stuff since upgrading to my PS5 so I can't really comment there on that. Hopefully whatever system you are playing on tho does get any needed fixes for this soon tho!
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding another one here for myself:

Copying/saving Character options! Right now when we create a new character we have to go to the options settings and change most of them as only a select few are saved for your entire account. Please give us an option when creating a new character (as well as any other time after the character is made) to choose any of our other characters and automatically copying and saving ALL of their Options Settings to the new character!

This would work in a similar fashion to when we buy a new house and copy/save the options from any of our other houses.
    Edited by Paulytnz on September 21, 2021 1:18AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Zephiran23

You give a bit more details as to the issues with wayshrines and so I agree with all you say. I probably haven't played as long as you, so ty for that extra info!

@FlopsyPrince

I haven't seen any sluggish issues with opening mails or a lot of stuff since upgrading to my PS5 so I can't really comment there on that. Hopefully whatever system you are playing on tho does get any needed fixes for this soon tho!

I suspect mine are also a part of playing on lousy AT&T DSL. (The only choice on my street.)
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Zephiran23

@FlopsyPrince

I suspect mine are also a part of playing on lousy AT&T DSL. (The only choice on my street.)

Ahh yeah it could be, I'm pretty lucky here in NZ, we have Fiber country wide now. Whatever the case, hope it gets sorted soon! :)
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Zephiran23

@FlopsyPrince

Ahh yeah it could be, I'm pretty lucky here in NZ, we have Fiber country wide now. Whatever the case, hope it gets sorted soon! :)

My only hope (without moving) is that the crappy cable company runs their fiber down our street soon.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give housing their own video settings. If I want grass toggled off in my houses I have to toggle it off everywhere. There should be separate settings for these.
    PCNA
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    I'm down with having actual guild halls/houses. Why they haven't bothered with in an MMO that has housing is beyond me.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I apologize if this repeats someone else's suggestion, but

- Use a different color than green for "Use this item to learn this motif" or whatever the wording is, if the motif requires having a certain level in one of the crafting skill lines and the character doesn't meet that criteria yet. Red, yellow, purple, anything but green, so it's easier to see which motif pages the character can actually learn while scrolling through the inventory list.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I apologize if this repeats someone else's suggestion, but

- Use a different color than green for "Use this item to learn this motif" or whatever the wording is, if the motif requires having a certain level in one of the crafting skill lines and the character doesn't meet that criteria yet. Red, yellow, purple, anything but green, so it's easier to see which motif pages the character can actually learn while scrolling through the inventory list.

I kind of get this one - right now my alt account is holding some motif pages from the last event he can't use yet (needs rank 10 clothing/woodworking or smithing). Personally tho I would just prefer they removed the requirements altogether lol. It's a mission they actually get those motifs in the first place.

Regardless, I will add this to the list ty. :)
    Edited by Paulytnz on September 25, 2021 1:50AM
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is either a new one or an alternative to my #11:

Toggle option in settings to turn on/off Interacting with Companions. Another for interacting with Fishing spots would also be appreciated.

I simply just want to jump, not talk to my sidekick or start a round of fishing.

Thank You. :)
  • Kitziboo
    Kitziboo
    ✭✭✭
    When looking for missing motifs and recipes at guild vendors, it would be very helpful if the message advising it has already been learnt was visible near the top so you could see immediately without having to scroll down.

Filleting fish should definitely be actioned at a provisioning station so it can be ‘refined’ in bulk which brings it in line with the other crafting stations and may encourage more people to enjoy fishing.

While on the topic of stations, it would be nice to have them brought up to date a little or new ones added. The rough wooden look of the tables spoils the effect when trying to theme a room for alchemy or enchanting in a classy home with smart furniture (Alinor/Proudspire) and having a campfire in your kitchen is not a good look. Also, there is a lack of burning logs for fireplaces, I never see them for sale anywhere so I have to use at least two slots for the logs and a brazier or have Khajiit fire pits everywhere.

Some love to the housing system for consoles would be welcomed to make placing items more precise, perhaps smaller increments to a trigger click and the ability to scale furnishings as some items are just wrong for smaller characters.

Lastly, it feels odd having beds as objects we can’t interact with so it would be great to have a sleep option especially when logging off. It doesn’t need to advance time, although a short buff of some kind would be a nice bonus 😺
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is either a new one or an alternative to my #11:

Toggle option in settings to turn on/off Interacting with Companions. Another for interacting with Fishing spots would also be appreciated.

I simply just want to jump, not talk to my sidekick or start a round of fishing.

Thank You. :)

It is less of a problem on the PC, since the jump button is different, but it was a real pain when I played on the PS4.
    Kitziboo wrote: »
    When looking for missing motifs and recipes at guild vendors, it would be very helpful if the message advising it has already been learnt was visible near the top so you could see immediately without having to scroll down.

Filleting fish should definitely be actioned at a provisioning station so it can be ‘refined’ in bulk which brings it in line with the other crafting stations and may encourage more people to enjoy fishing.

Multi-filet was asked for as soon as multi-crafting was released. Even I am somewhat surprised it has not happened.

I also want to "multi" act on a single item. It is a pain when I am refining

We also desperately need a way to filter the guild vendor list for "unknown" recipes/motifs/etc. That is another obvious addition that should long have been in place.

The system sucks anyway, but at least make it easier to interact with! (Though the feature would probably be missing even if we ever did swap to a central auction house, so it may be a separate issue.)
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Paulytnz
    Paulytnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kitziboo

Motifs and Recipes at Guild Traders - This is a VERY good one, can't believe I didn't think of it lol. Thank you, I will add it to the list and give you credit. :)

Crafting Stations - I agree we need more options in furnishing for both stations as well as other things. However I think that belongs to another thread. Maybe a "Game Polish" or more In-depth Housing thread or something. It really is not a QOL thing.

I feel you on the Burning Logs thing. After I bought my first few houses with fireplaces I had to google where to get the fires from. Basically it's Crown store or making alt accounts and buying the houses again on those accounts for the "free" fires you get and then sending them to your main account. This could be something you could think of doing.

Housing - With the new Precise System in the game (yes I am a console player) I don't find any issues now with item placement, precision wise. As for Item scaling, I am not sure how that would work or if it is really needed.

Beds - I agree something needs to be done with them. Even if it's a simple - Interact and just have your char lie on it as an emote type thing similar to chairs. Heck while they are at it please give us an option to be able to jump on our beds - the 4 poster top roof ones I mean. They are usually the best looking beds in the game but the fun is sucked right out of it being we can't stand (jump) on them lol.

Thanks for replying and offering ideas. :)

@FlopsyPrince

Refining - Not sure what you mean by "multi" act on a single item.

Guild Trader Search - Yeah I agree with this. Not sure how it would work out in game tho - resource wise. I will add it to the list tho.
    Edited by Paulytnz on October 24, 2021 5:53AM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @FlopsyPrince

Refining - Not sure what you mean by "multi" act on a single item.

Guild Trader Search - Yeah I agree with this. Not sure how it would work out in game tho - resource wise. I will add it to the list tho.

During my console time the system would ignore a long press on a single item instead of carrying out the multi action.

It wasn't really a stack, so that is why, but it was annoying since I had to then take the action in another way.

Filtering the list for "unknown items" should be trivial since it is just a limiting filter. Only show things I don't know if I have turned on the setting. We can already filter by trait, level, etc.

PC
    PS4/PS5