The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game keeps hard crashing on PS5

• Titanium
    Titanium
    ✭✭✭
    Titanium wrote: »
    I've been following some of these posts. To me, it seems like if ZOS does not respond after 20 days, they will rarely come back and update us on any progress.

To ask anyone on console to delete and re-install... come on, that's just a lazy way for customer support to delay the response.

ZOS can easily get hold of ALL THE CRASH ERROR LOGS FROM SONY, to figure out what is wrong. We just need timely updates from customer support for these issues.

Delete/Reinstall does nothing, and most of the game works fine, it's just "specific" things like"

CoAII
    Harbourage teleports
    Mehrunes Delve entrance
    Random Waypoint Crashes....

Things THAT should not be happening.....

If this was PC, they would tell us to check drivers, defrag drive, check for virus, everything else but the game.
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on City of Ash II being fixed yet?

Would like to know before I attempt it and get "Stuck" again....
  • dshchiglo
    dshchiglo
    Soul Shriven
    hey, guys, I was strugling with the same problem,
    unfortunately the support service advises to go through the steps that are already described on the site.
    As I noticed crashes started after I activated dlc 'Guilds and Glory: The 4-DLC Mega-Pack' (maybe a coincidence). It always crashes on the same place when I was leaving my house and crashes randomly when I'm leaving a cave.

I noticed that after 'rebuild database' it will take much longer time to crash.

After I deleted saved data file TWICE (after the first time it also crashes) - game works as expected and 2 days without crashing. (I'm afraid to change the settings, otherwise it will suddenly fall again)

Maybe it would be helpful

Update:
    In No Shira always crashes,nothing helps
    Due to this fact it’s impossible to finish thieves guild mission
    Edited by dshchiglo on September 5, 2021 8:30PM
  • Sfirita
    Sfirita
    Soul Shriven
    There's no special treatment, its random, and in some.cases specific to some dungeons (like city of ash) , i crashed 5 times in city if ash, then left , was just zoning and kept crashing...after 2 days it was returning to normal, then just earlier had a hard crash that sent my ps5 into a hard reboot loop..had to unplug it.

Not only that, but the performance is also a complete miss, the game becomes a powerpoint slideshow in dungeons, with only 4 other players, near unplayable.cant even turn the camera to aim and see whats happening.

Ps : xbox series x is running completely fine, with 60fps capped all the way...just saying.
    Hope they fix it sool. Good luck .
  • Titanium
    Titanium
    ✭✭✭
    Still crashing 3 to 4 times a day. As suspected, ZOS is no longer reading and responding to this thread after the first 2 days of engagement. Nothing's changed.
  • Savince
    Savince
    Titanium wrote: »
    I've been following some of these posts. To me, it seems like if ZOS does not respond after 20 days, they will rarely come back and update us on any progress.

To ask anyone on console to delete and re-install... come on, that's just a lazy way for customer support to delay the response.

ZOS can easily get hold of ALL THE CRASH ERROR LOGS FROM SONY, to figure out what is wrong. We just need timely updates from customer support for these issues.

Timely reports won't do anything if the answer is we are still investigating. It is better ZOS reports only after they fixed it and patch is there for us.

We the customers can and should report all crashes to Sony for ZOS to inspect them. Sometimes I send 5 crash report per evening. All of them counts.

So, just chill, report and wait. #CRW
    Edited by Savince on September 10, 2021 2:01PM
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was this fixed in the patch? It's a pledge today and I'd rather not risk a hard crash to find out my answer lol
  • Muffinman
    Muffinman
    ✭✭✭
    Hard crash every time I enter BG. There goes my 4am morning ritual of coffee and BG.

It only seems to be on entering BGs. Anyone tried leaving voice chat?
  • oilpoet
    oilpoet
    Soul Shriven
    I’m crashing entering Arkthzand quest or no quest and the character doesn’t matter. It’s a main line quest too. So far I been asked to reinstall the game and rebuild the database which I did twice before ESO suggested I contact PlayStation support. They recommended the same, but adding that resetting the console may solve it. It is entirely depressing that ESO cannot admit it’s a bug. My advice? Stay on the PS4. My major play through on all dlcs with a new character has been okay, but the Reach area is bricked - even if done. Don’t go there.
  • Spawniaq
    Spawniaq
    ✭✭✭
    My main character stuck in reapers March. I try to log in but every time after loading screen I got an error. I can log in to other characters but not in my main. I am playing on PlayStation 5 on Eu servers. How do we fix that?
    Ps4 / Eu
  • Psychpsych13
    Psychpsych13
    ✭✭
    Spawniaq wrote: »
    My main character stuck in reapers March. I try to log in but every time after loading screen I got an error. I can log in to other characters but not in my main. I am playing on PlayStation 5 on Eu servers. How do we fix that?

Did you ever find a solution? I have the same issue. Main character, stuck in Reaper’s March, can load any other character, can’t get past load screen on main.

Edit: I was able to get back on my character. I went through the three troubleshooting steps (turning off PS5, deleting saved data, deleting and redone loading game). Deleting and redone loading the game worked.

PS5 NA
    Edited by Psychpsych13 on October 30, 2021 10:29PM
    PS4 NA
    Phystacis - MagBlade
    Gabralter - MagSorc
    Fadrex - MagPlar
  • Lebkuchen
    Lebkuchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now two years after this discussion started, a friend bought a ps5 and has the same problems with the game freezing and crashing. Has anyone found out why this is happening? And why this is STILL happening?
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are they in reapers march? If so either install the ps4 version and move the character or raise a ticket to request it is moved
    Soupy twist
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is over two years old, we've decided to close the discussion. If you still need assistance, please go ahead and start a new thread in the Playstation Technical Support forum.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.