Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game keeps hard crashing on PS5

• cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still crashing when exiting Inn housing or any house that is in a city. PS5 NA performance mode.

Seems like pretty much any door has a possibility of crashing now. I keep crashing leaving rooms, houses, inns, etc. Anything that has a door and a loading screen.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE Any update on this? Sounds like this product wasn't ready for showtime - keeps crashing at any zone transition.
  • ViolentMellow
    ViolentMellow
    Soul Shriven
    Still crashing in City of Ash II on the second boss. Please stop making it a pledge until it’s fixed. I was using performance mode if that helps. Right as I went down the stairs to the arena of the second boss the game completely locked up with the exception of guild voice chat.
  • ViolentMellow
    ViolentMellow
    Soul Shriven
    I’m also getting frequent lock ups when leaving the champion points screen. In testing it can happen if I exit using Circle or the Touchpad but seems to occur more if I use the Touchpad.
  • Danel_Vadan
    Danel_Vadan
    ✭✭✭
    No Shira Citadel constantly crashes, thus making the Thieves Guild questline almost impossible to complete.
    Tam! RUGH!
  • SaltyPug
    SaltyPug
    Soul Shriven
    No update since June when the only thing they did was acknowledged it?
    Doctor of Puganomics
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As an update posted here, we are aware of the crash issues affecting the PS5 and a solution is being worked on.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    Fair warning to ZOS!

You have about 30 incoming "ERROR REPORTS" from Saturday Nights game session....

Joined a "Guild" group so I could get a lore book in City of Ash II....

Load in, get to first Boss, we kill it all fine and dandy....

Move on to second Boss, and here in lies the m'f'n rub....We start on boss, and BAM! I get a disconnect....

Hard crash to system home screen...

Reload, "error" message account already in game. Reload AGAIN....

Logs in, shows me in City of Ash II....

And thats as far as I got....

Loading screen, crash to home screen for the NEXT 40 MINUTES....

Luckily it was a "Guild" assistance run, so I messaged the "Group Leader" and had him kick me from group....

Then, after relogging twice more, I finally was able to get the "LOAD" screens to load me back into the game where I started from in Greenshade.....

Bummer is, I couldn't finish dungeon, didn't get my lore book, didn't get any Undaunted Credit/Exp....

Didn't get any drops...NADA!

Really pi...sses me off, wasting 40 minutes on "LOADING" screens and couldn't get back into the dungeon....

So I hope you figure out what's causing this, as I'm very apprehensive on doing other dungeons....

Cuz, I'm pretty sure if ONE FAILS, the others will also FAIL...

Oh, and I almost forgot, the random "Zone Teleport" crashes are annoying as all get out ALSO!

Middle of quest, got to "Zone" for it, and bam, crash to home screen a couple of times before it let's my system load in properly...

All PS5, enhanced....

Thanks!
    Edited by Ken_Koerperich on July 18, 2021 8:23PM
  • OmenRIP
    OmenRIP
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to say “same here”, but it’s the same here.

Crashes several times a day, usually when using way shrines. I put up with this because the load times are fantastic.
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    Again today, while "trying" to Live Stream, got trashed to PS5 Home Screen three times....

Gave up after the last one....

Makes streaming almost impossible....

When is this going to be FIXED???!!!
  • Comaburr
    Comaburr
    ✭✭
    There's a maintenance tonight but I don't think it's going to fix this issue. I thought it was just the main storyline that would crash when zoning (like, as you're leaving the harborage) but I'm doing a Zone Story quest line and I have crashed 6 times in the last hour while zoning.

I am continually submitting reports thru the PS5 report tool. Hope it's helping.
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    Comaburr wrote: »
    There's a maintenance tonight but I don't think it's going to fix this issue. I thought it was just the main storyline that would crash when zoning (like, as you're leaving the harborage) but I'm doing a Zone Story quest line and I have crashed 6 times in the last hour while zoning.

I am continually submitting reports thru the PS5 report tool. Hope it's helping.

Maintenance sucks....

I lose a whole day of game time, as I play only during the time they service/maint on PS5....

And by the time it's done, I'm out the door to work....

They really need to change the time frame...Do it when I'm sleeping...Not during my "Prime" play time...
  • IHecate
    IHecate
    ✭✭✭
    I just started a new character on ps5 EU and I crash everytime I enter the harborage and then again when I exit the harborage. I have an experience scroll on because I've done these quests 16 times and am sick doing these quests yet again. Crashing adds to my frustration and anger..............
  • caijamin
    caijamin
    Can we get an update please? It’s been a month since the release of the PS5 version and the game is still incredibly unstable. I’ve reinstalled the game. I’ve tried different settings, nothing seems to help.

I am experiencing 4-5 crashes every couple of hours. Usually when leaving an area or fighting a world boss, or in a dungeon, or well, anywhere.

So you know what the problem is? When is the fix coming? It’s hard to enjoy the game when you’re thrown out every few minutes.
  • Aiden96
    Aiden96
    Soul Shriven
    Fix your game!! its unplayable, crashes every time when I teleport to the house or room and now I can't play because im stuck in North Elsweyer quest. How long it will take to patch this?? Also when hitting an enemy the numbers are not displaying properly! they are 20 meters from the target, still not fixed.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t leave a dungeon without crashing. Anything that involves a loading screen is a potential crash on PS5 right now.

We need a fix
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch supposedly fixed several PS5 related crashes today but did not fix the main crash most of us are experiencing when you leave group and instance at the end of a group dungeon.

My second dungeon in this morning it hard crashed when I went to leave instance.
  • ParsFellas
    it is also happing when entring battlegrounds
  • DeathlyOmen
    DeathlyOmen
    Soul Shriven
    I’ve had the same, crashing when changing locations, logging in and out, joining and leaving dungeons, etc. PS5 Enhanced version.
    Edited by DeathlyOmen on July 31, 2021 2:51PM
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    This past weekend, I had in total, 9 crashes on PS5 to the Home Screen.

Some were on Zone Teleports....

Some were while leaving Zone Quests/Dungeons....

Couple were right after doing a Rando Daily Dungeon...

And a couple were just Zone to Zone Teleporting.....

THIS REALLY NEEDS TO STOP! I hate having to keep restarting my Streams because your game keeps failing and booting me offline/out of it!!!

Has City of Ash II been fixed yet??

Don't want to do it on my new char and get it stuck like my old char is in a loop that never ends until ZOS fixes/moves my char out of that area for me...
    Edited by Ken_Koerperich on August 3, 2021 3:14AM
  • EpicHero
    EpicHero
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is city of ash 2 still not fixed?
    It crashes ALL THE TIME on PS5...

Either reimburse PS5 players their ESO+ membership, or start actually fixing these crashes.
    This is something that should be fixed in a matter of hours, a day tops.

[snip]
    [edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 12, 2021 5:46PM
  • caijamin
    caijamin
    Again I ask, could we please have an update on these issues? I’m still experiencing 3-4 crashes an hour.
  • caijamin
    caijamin
    Also the crashes on zone teleports, which are almost every other teleport, seem to go through before crashing.

When I’ve restarted the game, I’m charged full price to teleport. This is becoming really expensive.
    Edited by caijamin on August 7, 2021 5:49AM
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    So, this weekend, these are the crashes I had:

1) Harborage Quest Line Multiple times while trying to warp/teleport
    2) Champion Point Tree, place points, try to leave and game locks up
    3) City of Ash 1, loading in, crashed, had to re Q up twice before it worked

Getting very annoyed with this. Load, be in the middle of a quest track and BAM, out to PS5 home screen/report problem page.....

Makes things take 5x longer to do...
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I'd say to this is... be VERY careful with ESO right now. You don't want to be in my position whereby the game freezes cause catastrophic hardware failure... and you end up waiting endlessly for a response from Zenimax... [snip] well... I ain't going away...

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 12, 2021 5:47PM
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still crashing in Library of arkthnaz in the reach, however you spell that. Can't complete quest.
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    This weekends crashes include:

CoFII (City Of Ash II) Still Won't let PS5 users complete it...
    Mehrunes Delve, got dumped twice while trying to ENTER it...
    Multiple Quests that have "portals' upon completion, enter it and get crashed to PS5 Home....

Really needs these fixed guys, so annoying having to reboot game constantly, and the fact that "WE" can't complete CoFII....

Hope there are no others, as I went and got ESO + to "have" more dungeons available for "Random" Dailies....

Paying to get access only to be crashed out ='s WASTED MONEY....
  • Tehol
    Tehol
    Soul Shriven
    See I even tried calling Playstation and explaining that Zenimax and Bethesda are not listening to reports or crashes, they said they would write a report, but there is nothing they can really do about making a company fix the bugs. That being said, I think if enough people get a hold of playstation, it will become like a cyberpunk issue and they will pull it off the PS5 store.

So I would encourage everyone to get a hold of Playstation and let them know how Bethesda and Zenimax is ignoring us and not doing anything about these bugs.
  • Titanium
    Titanium
    ✭✭✭
    I've been following some of these posts. To me, it seems like if ZOS does not respond after 20 days, they will rarely come back and update us on any progress.

To ask anyone on console to delete and re-install... come on, that's just a lazy way for customer support to delay the response.

ZOS can easily get hold of ALL THE CRASH ERROR LOGS FROM SONY, to figure out what is wrong. We just need timely updates from customer support for these issues.
  • Ken_Koerperich
    Ken_Koerperich
    ✭✭✭
    Titanium wrote: »
    I've been following some of these posts. To me, it seems like if ZOS does not respond after 20 days, they will rarely come back and update us on any progress.

To ask anyone on console to delete and re-install... come on, that's just a lazy way for customer support to delay the response.

ZOS can easily get hold of ALL THE CRASH ERROR LOGS FROM SONY, to figure out what is wrong. We just need timely updates from customer support for these issues.

Delete/Reinstall does nothing, and most of the game works fine, it's just "specific" things like"

CoAII
    Harbourage teleports
    Mehrunes Delve entrance
    Random Waypoint Crashes....

Things THAT should not be happening.....

This discussion has been closed.