The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Game keeps hard crashing on PS5

FightinTexasAg15
FightinTexasAg15
Soul Shriven
After updating the game to the ps5 version my game keeps hard crashing to the system home screen and asks me to send an error report. This almost never happened on the ps4 version but since updating to the ps5 version it keeps happening very frequently
Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 8, 2023 5:59PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @FightinTexasAg15

Have you tried reinstalling ESO on your PS5 to troubleshoot these hard crashes while playing?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • FightinTexasAg15
    FightinTexasAg15
    Soul Shriven
    Yes. After crashing last night in the middle of a dungeon I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it over night. This morning it was still doing it
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing the same issue. ESO even crashed as I was logging out. Mine just finished installing early this morning so I'm playing a fresh install. So far it's crashed about 3 times.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. same. Like 4-5 crashes per hour. Mainly in load screens. PS5 enhanced version. Started immediately upon installation.
  • brandyvicious
    brandyvicious
    ✭✭✭
    I've had 9 bluescreens in the last 36 hours. This only started happening after the PS5 upgrade. And yes, I reinstalled the entire game. This is ridiculous.
    PS5/NA: brandyvicious-
  • desndb
    desndb
    ✭✭✭
    I have had zero issues with blue screens or hard crashes so far. Wonder what the differences could be.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If the crash troubleshooting found here is not helping with these crashes, please go ahead and start a ticket with customer support.
    Staff Post
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    desndb wrote: »
    I have had zero issues with blue screens or hard crashes so far. Wonder what the differences could be.

I had crashes on Fidelity mode. Switched to Performance and haven't had a single crash since. :/
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    desndb wrote: »

I had crashes on Fidelity mode. Switched to Performance and haven't had a single crash since. :/

But sadly... Performance mode has the off center HUD/UI and janky combat text that appears like you're hitting a wall to the left of the enemy... it renders the mode useless if you like combat text... also, excavating you have half the screen from the right overlaying your dig site due to the same issue.
  • daveqjr
    daveqjr
    ✭✭
    Crashing several times a day on ps5 performance mode.
  • mjean169b16_ESO
    mjean169b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Cannot login in my main in reaper march on ps5, hard crash everytime I try to load in. Other toon seem fine ....
  • Ethar_Miraz
    Ethar_Miraz
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @FightinTexasAg15

Have you tried reinstalling ESO on your PS5 to troubleshoot these hard crashes while playing?

Had no crashes at all before this weeks ps5 1.(many 0s).1 patch, but after the patch having random crashes.
    Reinstalled game before this weeks patch.
    Ps5 Performance mode.
  • muonlinei2
    Cannot login in my main in reaper march on ps5, hard crash everytime I try to load in. Other toon seem fine ....

That's also happening in Rivenspire, two friends of mine tested and confirmed (they were looking for mages guild lorebooks when it happened to both of them), I don't know the exact location so just be careful or just skip that zone for now.

The solution was to download the ps4 version of the game, login to that character and move it to somewhere else.
    PS5 - NA
    Argonian Templar Healer for life.
    Completed: Craglorn Hard Modes | vDSA | vBRP | vMOLhm + DD | vAS+2 | vHOFhm | vCR+1 | vSS | vKA
    CP 1400+
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As an update, we are aware of the crashing issues some players are having on the PS5. This is currently being looked into.
    Staff Post
  • Andyhunter21
    Andyhunter21
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is crashing only during battlegrounds specifically CHAOSBALL
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    muonlinei2 wrote: »

That's also happening in Rivenspire, two friends of mine tested and confirmed (they were looking for mages guild lorebooks when it happened to both of them), I don't know the exact location so just be careful or just skip that zone for now.

The solution was to download the ps4 version of the game, login to that character and move it to somewhere else.

I'm seriously thinking about to download the ps4 version again. Hopefully they can fix this soon, I'm crashing like 40% of the time when I zone. Not a very reliable product on ps5 at the moment.
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    As an update, we are aware of the crashing issues some players are having on the PS5. This is currently being looked into.

Thanks for the update, Bill!
    Edited by Destai on June 29, 2021 6:02PM
  • Paha_Vaatturi
    Paha_Vaatturi
    ✭✭✭
    We were playing in City of Ash II. We have two PS5’s in our family.

After the first boss, while fighting adds, both of our PS5’s crashed at once. One in the living room started making really annoying sound through the speakers. My playstation froze and after 30-60s I got the typical blue screen. We both restarted the PS5’s. I managed to join guild chat and both of our games crashes again. I restarted the PS5 again. I managed to join the game, but there was only one person in the group anymore. He/she just left, so.. the group had vanished.

Oh my.
  • Paha_Vaatturi
    Paha_Vaatturi
    ✭✭✭
    Addition: before starting the dungeon, one of the two random players in the group wrote that the ”If I crash once, please kick me.” After these two crashes, he/she whispered me that ”Its going to Keep crashing”.

I tried to ask how did he/she know, but he wasn’t online anymore.

Another of our PS5’s crashed four times because of this.

Edit: A guildie just said that he had the same thing in City of Ash II. That place is broken for PS5.
    Edited by Paha_Vaatturi on July 1, 2021 4:18PM
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After the first boss, while fighting adds, both of our PS5’s crashed at once. One in the living room started making really annoying sound through the speakers. My playstation froze and after 30-60s I got the typical blue screen. We both restarted the PS5’s. I managed to join guild chat and both of our games crashes again. I restarted the PS5 again. I managed to join the game, but there was only one person in the group anymore. He/she just left, so.. the group had vanished.

Oh my.

Same for me today with COA2. Crashes every time I try to log back into the same dungeon.
  • para
    para
    Soul Shriven
    City of Ash 2 seems to be really bugged on PS5. It's way worse than anything else i've experienced. I've seen plenty of game crashes when loading between zones (especially between solo to the world), but this is hard locking the system during fights.

This needs to be addressed ASAP.
  • Comaburr
    Comaburr
    ✭✭
    Hoping this gets patched tonight with maintenance but I'm just here to add my +1. I was finishing up the Harborage quests and it crashed every time I would try to leave the cave. Porting or thru the door. Doesn't matter.

It also happens at other times but it's usually when I'm trying to go through a door or ladder etc. Sometimes just happens randomly.

Ps5 with the console upgrade here in performance mode always.
  • ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ke.sardenb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have been kicked out of skyreach pinnacle 6 time in the last 10 minutes. And now my main character is stuck and I can't load in the game at all, this needs to be fixed.
  • Aiden96
    Aiden96
    Soul Shriven
    When I go to the room in Blackwood, then I can't go out, game is always crashing there and the only solution is teleport to the nearby Wayshrine. I noticed also when Im changing locations like going to dungeons or delves or opening some doors then game is crashing too. Im playing on performance mode but game is not stable in 60fps, when is bigger combat or more people in town then its 40 fps or 30 but is very unstable.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope something can be done about this soon. Can't bring myself to play with so many crashes. I haven't even played Blackwood yet, but I crash when leaving my house!
    Edited by LukosCreyden on July 7, 2021 6:26AM
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed that I tend to crash leaving Snugpod in Grahtwood. It crashes either by leaving through the door or trying to enter a guild house while I'm inside Snugpod. Happens in both modes. Also seems to be just a Snugpod issue as I can enter and leave other houses just fine.

Another thing I've noticed is that it will crash when logging out. Doesn't happen all the time.
    Edited by cynicalbutterfly on July 7, 2021 3:21PM
  • Poskok
    Poskok
    Soul Shriven
    Always(!) crushing after trying add a friend from psn friends list or mail to them no matter of server.
  • Comaburr
    Comaburr
    ✭✭
    Thank god the PS5 loading times are so fast. I crash 2 or 3 times an hour now. This is Cyberpunk levels of crashing. Takes me back.
  • wizard1974
    wizard1974
    Soul Shriven

Oh my.

Same for me today with COA2. Crashes every time I try to log back into the same dungeon.

Me as well. Everytime and the only dungeon that crashes for me. Can't finish achievements associated with it.
  • wizard1974
    wizard1974
    Soul Shriven
    Same here. Only dungeon that crashes for me. Been like this for a while. Can't finish associated achievements. No update as when this will be fixed and pay for ESO plus. One reason I don't spend money for crowns.
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still crashing when exiting Inn housing or any house that is in a city. PS5 NA performance mode.
This discussion has been closed.