The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Focus more on pvp abit more zos please

Togal
Togal
✭✭✭✭
PvP is considered end game material, when players are done grinding out sets, cp points and more they go to cyrodiil, zos you aren't missing out on revenue when decides to spend his time pvping, they will always try to get the best gear from your pve activities in order to be the best (and pay for to get access to these sets). Why can't you see that zos.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some said that the reason why ZOS doesn't focus on PvP is that the PvP player base is low. What I see is the opposite - The reason why people don't play PvP is that ZOS doesn't put enough resources into PvP.

ZOS keeps adding so many PvE zones, PvE dungeons, PvE trials continuously, and now they offer the PvE exclusive companions, but the PvP side is getting worse over time, we can't even play on smooth servers.

The origin of why people don't enjoy ESO PvP is that the disappointing server performance and lack of development. All the latency, desync, disconnection, unable to cast skills, unable to swap bars, unable to break free, etc. made people quit PvP.

We know that resources matters. During MYM when ZOS allocated more resources into PvP servers, the game worked smoother than usual even there are more players in PvP zones during MYM.

Obviously it's the matter whether they are willing to put more resources into PvP in the long run.

Dear ZOS, please ask yourself - If people stop picking a particular food of a buffet restaurant, do you think it's the problem of customers or the low quality of the food?
    If the restaurant put vast majority of its resources into another food, of course people will choose the food prepared with full resources. Some will simply have fun in other restaurants.

(edit: typo)
    Edited by LightYagami on June 14, 2021 11:51AM
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "The origin of why people don't enjoy ESO PvP is that the disappointing server performance and lack of development. All the latency, desync, disconnection, unable to cast skills, unable to swap bars, unable to break free, etc. made people quit PvP."

Orrrrrrr

They do not like the PvP aspect of the game and much rarther spend time doing the more enjoyable PvE
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when people try to use the lack of monetization to try and justify ZOS's lack of development or even basic upkeep of PVP. The base game content isnt technically making them much money in comparison to the DLC/chapter content, but they still fix bugs and exploits when they crop up.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate when people try to use the lack of monetization to try and justify ZOS's lack of development or even basic upkeep of PVP. The base game content isnt technically making them much money in comparison to the DLC/chapter content, but they still fix bugs and exploits when they crop up.

There are pvp bugs since beta that have not been fixed yet. Crown store gets fixed in a day when cyrodiil takes forever or recieves no attention at all.
  • Sagetim
    Sagetim
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS does not make money off of PVP, only DLC, which is PVE content. So it gets the least attention
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sagetim wrote: »
    ZoS does not make money off of PVP, only DLC, which is PVE content. So it gets the least attention

I disagree. They get a lot of subs, crown crate purchases, chapter sales, etc., from the PvP community without even bothering to hire a full time PvP developer, without devoting any resources to reforming/updating cyrodiil, and leaving PvP on virtual autopilot. PvPers subsidize the incredible amount of detail that it put into the DLC zones and NPCs.
  • Sagetim
    Sagetim
    ✭✭✭

I disagree. They get a lot of subs, crown crate purchases, chapter sales, etc., from the PvP community without even bothering to hire a full time PvP developer, without devoting any resources to reforming/updating cyrodiil, and leaving PvP on virtual autopilot. PvPers subsidize the incredible amount of detail that it put into the DLC zones and NPCs.

So let me get this right... you are saying they don’t have a “full time PvP developer, without devoting any resources to reforming/updating cyrodiil, and leaving PvP on virtual autopilot.“... well then you really made my point.... thanks
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So let me get this right... you are saying they don’t have a “full time PvP developer, without devoting any resources to reforming/updating cyrodiil, and leaving PvP on virtual autopilot.“... well then you really made my point.... thanks

I don't think she did. You point being that only DLC makes money, hers being that PvPers pay a money for access to that content so they an then use it to PvP.

In the strictest sense yes, you're "correct" because these people aren't spending money on PvP itself but on PvE.

But guess what? Those people (like me) spend heaps of money on DLCs, crown crates, race and alliance changes, riding upgrades, skyshards and skill lines, etc., for the sole purpose of PvP. We're spending money on PvE so we can PvP.

So if ZoS continues to let Cyrodiil languish, continues to provide 0 new content or upgrades to Cyrodiil, and continues to provide zero new reasons to actually be in Cyrodiil, the people like me will just keep leaving the game. And all the money we provide ZOS will go with with us. This is what she meant by saying PvPers subsidize PvE. And of course we do, because all of the money we spend goes into PvE content while precisely none of it is used for PvP content.
    Edited by JayKwellen on June 15, 2021 1:38AM
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »

I don't think she did. You point being that only DLC makes money, hers being that PvPers pay a money for access to that content so they an then use it to PvP.

In the strictest sense yes, you're "correct" because these people aren't spending money on PvP itself but on PvE.

But guess what? Those people (like me) spend heaps of money on DLCs, crown crates, race and alliance changes, riding upgrades, skyshards and skill lines, etc., for the sole purpose of PvP. We're spending money on PvE so we can PvP.

So if ZoS continues to let Cyrodiil languish, continues to provide 0 new content or upgrades to Cyrodiil, and continues to provide zero new reasons to actually be in Cyrodiil, the people like me will just keep leaving the game. And all the money we provide ZOS will go with with us. This is what she meant by saying PvPers subsidize PvE. And of course we do, because all of the money we spend goes into PvE content while precisely none of it is used for PvP content.

completely agree with you, Ive spent so much much on race changes and alliance changes on each of my chars, bought eso+ and every expansion pack to stay relevant in pvp. Skyshards, undaunted skill line, psyjic guild, mages guild packs as well to grind my character up. ESO is really missing the opportunity to make more cash from pvpers. If this continues to get worse than it already is I'm moving my butt to a new MMORPG. Heard New world & Ashes are going to have sick pvp content.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've played on and off since launch in 2014, i've bought every chapter and subbed for almost all that time (a few months here or there off). This is the first year I've not bought the chapter. There was simply no reason to buy it outside of 2 item sets which I'd like to have but can wait.

If there had been any pvp content (aside from these 2 sets) I'd have bought it. So Actually ZOS has made less money by not supporting PVP in any way. I'm sure that I'm not the only example of this.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imho Primary reason why there is no new PvP content is that it is not attracting new players. It does not boosts player retention.

From my experience, I think new players try to do some PvP in ESO, they either see bad performance, or huge imbalance in MANY aspects of PvP:
    - Solo vs group
    - Ball groups
    - Organized small scale vs randoms
    - Bombers
    - Zergs
    - Pointless scoreboards (yep, pointless since night & morning cap "exploits" the campaign scoring system).

Then they try IC and it is even worse than Cyro (Gank-fest & ball-groups). So they try BGs and they don't enjoy it either because of huge class imbalance.

As a result, there is little to no new players in PvP. Sure, some new players stay there till they get all skill points & AW rank and then they don't PvP ever again. Why do you think recent "monetisation" in PvP was AW rank progression boosters ? Because it will sell.

All I see in Cyro are same players over and over. There is almost no new players. No new players = no way to fight some one who is inexperienced. So, when someone tries to start to PvP they hit a brick wall. 90% of times they fight vs more experienced players. So no wonder they do not enjoy it. Sure, there is some kind of "rating" system in BGs so it should pair new players with other new players.... but it does not work. There is simply not enough people doing PvP, so the circle closes.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on June 15, 2021 9:39AM
  • Sagetim
    Sagetim
    ✭✭✭

I’m quoting myself...
    What I’m trying to say is ZOS does not make money off of PVP in the sense that people paying for all those Crown crates that have to do with PVP does not equal anything near the PVE side and probably doesn’t even pay for any effort they put into PVP so in a sense they do not make any money off of PVP.

Putting a little bit more emphasis on the PVP side to maybe unlock things on the PvE side could help build more content for the PVP. Blowing up Cyrodiil map and redoing the whole thing or moving forward in time by 1000 years and change some parts would help as well Bring more emphasis back into PVP content. But with the huge in-balance right now in PvP and ZoS is not doing anything about it have people leaving PVP all the time. Imbalance meaning - one side could dominates the other sides the whole month and when people joining in on their alliance and see that the map is completely one sided, they don’t wanna play and leave... resetting everything in Cyrodiil at the end of the campaign so no one side is starting way behind.
    Remove half the set armor in ESO that people don’t even use and replace them with all new sets for the next DLC that you have to get out of PVP
    Little things can go along way

I know you will have people out there that say they hate to go into PVP but you also have people that hate to grind things out and PVE

Lots of people out there have a competitive nature and want to play against each other. That’s what makes PVP fun. Many many games are out there survive based on content for PVP... you just have to be willing to put more effort in for it.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You wrote that ZOs doesn't make any money of PVP. That is not quite correct because they do. Because they leave PvP on autopilot and invest very little into it, everything they get from PvP players is gravy. I PvP and have paid well over a thousand dollars in support of this game, all of which either went into their pocket or funds the development of non PvP aspects of the game.

I think what you meant is that ZOS thinks it would not make any money by actually investing in PvP, which is perhaps why it has been on virtual autopilot for years now. Maybe, maybe not. The market is desperate for a functional fun PvP experience (see the whole Camelot Unchained fiasco) so I'm inclined to think they would make money given a serious investment. But regardless, ZOS has certainly made money from PvP oriented players via subscriptions, mounts, housing, crates, etc., with very little of that going back to cyrodiil and whence it came.
    Edited by Joy_Division on June 15, 2021 2:53PM
  • HanStolo
    HanStolo
    ✭✭✭
    Togal wrote: »
    PvP is considered end game material, when players are done grinding out sets, cp points and more they go to cyrodiil, zos you aren't missing out on revenue when decides to spend his time pvping, they will always try to get the best gear from your pve activities in order to be the best (and pay for to get access to these sets). Why can't you see that zos.

call us when they answer...
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imho Primary reason why there is no new PvP content is that it is not attracting new players. It does not boosts player retention.

From my experience, I think new players try to do some PvP in ESO, they either see bad performance, or huge imbalance in MANY aspects of PvP:
    - Solo vs group
    - Ball groups
    - Organized small scale vs randoms
    - Bombers
    - Zergs
    - Pointless scoreboards (yep, pointless since night & morning cap "exploits" the campaign scoring system).

Then they try IC and it is even worse than Cyro (Gank-fest & ball-groups). So they try BGs and they don't enjoy it either because of huge class imbalance.

As a result, there is little to no new players in PvP. Sure, some new players stay there till they get all skill points & AW rank and then they don't PvP ever again. Why do you think recent "monetisation" in PvP was AW rank progression boosters ? Because it will sell.

All I see in Cyro are same players over and over. There is almost no new players. No new players = no way to fight some one who is inexperienced. So, when someone tries to start to PvP they hit a brick wall. 90% of times they fight vs more experienced players. So no wonder they do not enjoy it. Sure, there is some kind of "rating" system in BGs so it should pair new players with other new players.... but it does not work. There is simply not enough people doing PvP, so the circle closes.

I think for a new players it is essential that they join a large PVP guild. I love the small group scene however I do understand that is not for the new player. The learning curve is just to great atm in PVP. ZoS also needs to go after toxic PVP individuals and get them for TOS violations imo.

We need to stop dogging on large guilds and understand they have a very important place in PVP. Without these large guilds there is no new blood ever introduced to PVP. Currently in PM US time zones both the Standard/ and Non Standard server is locked on the weekends. This is better PVP in the PM time slots then when Shore was active. However during the day on Greyhost pop numbers are down. I do not think PVP is really dying but its not growing much at all. PVP is such a great aspect of the game.

If people will join a large guild see some success that way and then work into other aspects of PVP I think a ton of more people would enjoy it. There is no comparison to winning in PVP battles to defeating a PVE mob. I think if more people experienced this they would love PVP.
    Edited by Durham on June 16, 2021 5:04PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The old theory that keeps getting tossed around is "ZOS doesn't make any money on it", but every PVPer I know owns every chapter or has Plus, they all have lots of costumes and mounts and crown store items. PvP players are just players, same as PvE players, we spend tons of money on the game and we buy all the same things that PvE players do.
    A theory that, IMO, makes more sense is that ZOS seems to ignore PvP because there's nothing they can do to help...or nothing they are willing to do.

That being said, the last couple of years has seen quite a bit of focus on PvP and performance, it just hasn't yielded results.
    Edited by Sandman929 on June 16, 2021 5:53PM
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't think the game can handle the style of healing and aoe they have in this game especially when you have so many spamming them, hence the server latency issues. Its just a fact and it cannot be changed because it would hugely impact PVE the much larger portion of the player base.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wise_Will wrote: »
    They do not like the PvP aspect of the game and much rarther spend time doing the more enjoyable PvE

Yeah boi, nothing quite like fighting scripted mobs using the same gear sets, same rotations over and over again. Much better than dynamic battles in open world PvP against real people!
  • CSose
    CSose
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't even try to PvP until after the weekend is over. Find something else to do. Too many people are trying to play the game and it's bogging it down so bad it's not playable now.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of great points here.

PvP would benefit from solid entry points and a ladder like any other content. The Under 50 campaign is kind of OK for this (even with all of the PvP vets who roll characters there) and the ranking system for BGs kind of helps (but it isn't Cyro or IC so a lot isn't learned from that).

I've been playing ESO since launch and I've always spent some time in PvP, but much less of both the past few years. I am not a high-end PvPer but in the right setting can be a meaningful contributor. I don't change gear often and I don't practice with duels, and my favorite things are everything siege, pitched open field battles, and defense of any keep or outpost.

Other people may prefer 1v1 or 1vX, or coordinating a small(ish) tightly run unit, or recruiting large groups for the glory of their Banner, and so on. It's all good.

But where are the effective entry points? Sure, join a PvP guild, but not all people testing the waters will do that just to sample things, and shopping for the right PvP guild can be a pain in the ass. As others have noted, fighting against well-geared and well-trained players can be a barrier for those new to the game mode.

I don't claim to have (perfect) (easy) (realistic) answers. ZOS clearly intended PvP to be a big part of this game based on their original marketing and the number of PvP servers they had at launch. It's hard to say in today's market what kind of commitment or interest they still have in AvA/PvP beyond maintenance on what already exists.

Here are, however, the ideas or openings for discussion I can offer at this time. For whatever they are worth. I wrote posts/threads on some of these in the past. Some came from or were inspired by others. I will summarize a few of those thoughts here.

Add rewards and a (daily) group activity bonus appealing to all players

Right now there is a daily bonus/reward for BGs accessible in the Group & Activity Finder. Sweeten that pot. Some kind of currency or item offering most players would want regardless of whether are interested in PvP, even a much bigger XP bonus as well, to really pull people in. Then offer something in that same screen for Cyro/IC that is also very tempting, similar to how people get lured into Midyear Mayhem for event tickets. Have it clearly say, "complete a daily quest" or "get X kills" or whatever to obtain the reward and when they click to join they get put in the queue for the zone they selected.

In other games, super-massive XP rewards and/or credits toward mounts, outfits, etc. lure lots of people into activities they wouldn't usually do. Some "endure it", and some like it enough to enjoy it briefly, and others love it and make friends. If even 10%-15% of people who had never really done PvP before stuck around it would get pop numbers up quite a lot.

Reason for suggesting: introducing/bringing more people into PvP zones/activities.

Invest in Server and Alliance Banner pride

The Three Banners War is an actual thing in-game and fundamental to Tamrielic societies in ESO's time period. Even new PvE DLC always find ways to mention it. Great. But you are given jack *** about the Alliances, their differing motives and approaches, etc., anywhere on the character creation screen. And it's been many years since any version of the old descriptions about each Alliance was on the website. Bring that back in a better form, get people excited to choose who to fight for. Those who don't care won't, but why neglect those who might?

Near Glemumbra is a recruiter outside a city gate, but he does nothing. He's for show. Give his ass a quest to recruit you for DC. Add similar recruiters near Davon's Watch and Vulkhel Guard. Encourage players to learn more and get involved by joining the fight in Cyro or IC. With One Tamriel they can easily try the PvE side of each Banner. At level 50 they get a quest to pick their side. This either confirms their choice at character creation or let's them reconsider (free faction change).

In Cyrodiil itself, all three Alliances are the same. Have some fun! Unique themes for skins of siege equipment (that individual players can earn over time) and for keep and outpost decorations and modifications (that each faction on each server could unlock after each is released), etc. Even a very brief musical score for each faction when something a keep or scroll is captured. Make it look and sound (and therefore feel) a bit different to play for one Banner compared to another.

The game does very poorly at marketing Cyro and IC, and any or all of the above could help with information, encouragement, and hype.

As for Server pride, there are a number of ways to do this based on scoring, additional reward tiers that encourage playing on your home server, etc.

Reason for suggesting: introducing/bringing more people into PvP zones/activities + retaining players in PvP zones/activities.

New things to do in Cyro

Some people like the hammer, some don't. But even before it was added, people who weren't driven off by performance or balance issues were leaving because of how repetitive the gameplay can be. The new type of siege weapon, the lancer, and their connection to antiquities is very cool, destroying bridges and capturing towns is cool, and they have been nice additions. I and others advocated for keep capture bonuses, but while that was kind of implemented the bonus never seems to vary. The whole "have a bonus for every keep go up the longer it is held by one faction" never came about.

Performance issues have long plagued Cyrodiil, but so has boredom. IC is worse off. One of the thing I used to suggest was a new type of periodic event (like dolmens, dragons, harrowstorms) found only in Cyro or IC, which form the heart of the daderic invasion. It needn't be purely PvE. If you drop a monster or hell-pit or whatever but it gives awesome Alliance War rewards and is designed to make a two or three way AvA encounter even more intense who cares what it even is? And how it is any worse than faction stacking at the same keeps over and over and over and...?

Another old suggestion is to have a mobile flag, like a spy or an armed supply caravan that periodically pops up. If it belongs to your faction you can get a reward for a successful defense or if not a reward for a successful capture.

None of these are set in stone. They are just examples of small-scale events or objectives that could be integrated into Cyro or IC.

Other formats can include environmental effects like magic storms, random groups of hostile NPCs spawning (and even attacking keeps or resources), or simply having smaller events that mark certain types of NPCs as bonus targets to go after for PvP rewards and buffs (similar or dissimilar to the delve boss buff). Because all of these would be tied into AvA/PvP, you might even get a faction-wide temporary buff for doing AvA events combining environment, NPCs, and other players.

There's been plenty more I've seen people suggest. Can't write or evaluate it all here. That isn't the point. You can not like any of the specific example given and still see how something related might work or be fun.

Reason for suggesting: retaining players in PvP zones/activities.

- - - - - - - - -

At the end of the day, if PvP is active and fun and engaging and more people try it, the greater the odds the PvP community will grow. Even without really great entry points or a stable ladder for progression, people tend to put effort in if they are having a good time.

That's it. That's all I've got for now. It's a chicken and egg thing for ZOS - they can't know making improvements or changes to Cyrodiil, IC, or BGs will work until they try them, but why try them if they don't know they will work?

My guess is, what we see is what we get with maybe another legendary artifact subbed in or out from time to time.

o/

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Xelyum
    Xelyum
    ✭✭✭
    I want to enjoy PvP, but PvP is a fast paced part of the game and needs to be responsive, the lag completely kills it for me, I hate it when I can't cast abilities for 3 seconds straight and then I discover that both my resource bars are completely empty and a second later I fall over dead, how did that happen ? Massive lags that happen only in PvP scenarios.
  • WastelandBaron
    ZOS created pvp midyear mayhem event with Evergloam campaign Emperorship broken. Current emperor broke 1st day of event and is currently a white square graphic symbol that cannot be dethroned. Current reigning time for the op cannot change emperor is 3d 13h 18m. So much for emp push....
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    poast

Yes!

Even if I don't personally agree with each thing I'm 100000% behind zos making the map more dynamic and alive and it's something I've brought up here on the forums many times before.

Make things interesting, make the map move, give us stuff to do besides taking the same keeps or hanging out in the same exact spots every single night looking for fights.

Even if you have to add more PvE type elements to it to make it happen, whatever. Get people moving and doing different things, and make those things unscripted or a bit random so that people have reasons to go to other areas of the map.

Cyrodiil could easily be a hundred times more alive, if only ZOS would expend even the slightest modicum of effort to make it so.
    Edited by JayKwellen on June 29, 2021 12:50PM
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP content stagnates because PVP community stagnates.
    All this invented activity how to spoil game for others don’t serve your community well. But at the end, it is your community, where I only visited this day for few events tickets. So I don’t want to tell you, how to play game. I will only offer some feedback from PVEer.

IC is total cesspool. Nothing can save it so maybe total rebuild would give you something new. I don’t know, If it's worth one event tickets. Every time I get there, there are blue zergs ant no AD flag, no matter how big population is in. So I need capture one flag and with all alliance-mate around I can do daily and leave as fast as possible. If I meet zerg before capturing flag, it is two long loading screens to severs and back.

Cyro has a lot of potential. It was one of main enticement when ESO started. However as solo player, you are on bottom of food chain and with gankers everywhere, you are forced to stacking. If you stack in bigger group than opposition there is no fun. If you stack in smaller, there is no fun. What is chance, that two powerful armies met at field. I've only been lucky once with it when blue army rolled from Nikel Outpost and yellow armies from Castle Roebeck and we fought epic battle. One moment we were forced to Castle walls, other we pushed them behind farm as soldiers were replaced. It was only one time, however and cannot compensate all that annoying restarting when I met group of gankers.
    Edited by Elendir2am on July 1, 2021 7:00PM
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elendir2am wrote: »
    PVP content stagnates because PVP community stagnates.
    All this invented activity how to spoil game for others don’t serve your community well. But at the end, it is your community, where I only visited this day for few events tickets. So I don’t want to tell you, how to play game. I will only offer some feedback from PVEer.

IC is total cesspool. Nothing can save it so maybe total rebuild would give you something new. I don’t know, If it's worth one event tickets. Every time I get there, there are blue zergs ant no AD flag, no matter how big population is in. So I need capture one flag and with all alliance-mate around I can do daily and leave as fast as possible. If I meet zerg before capturing flag, it is two long loading screens to severs and back.

Cyro has a lot of potential. It was one of main enticement when ESO started. However as solo player, you are on bottom of food chain and with gankers everywhere, you are forced to stacking. If you stack in bigger group than opposition there is no fun. If you stack in smaller, there is no fun. What is chance, that two powerful armies met at field. I've only been lucky once with it when blue army rolled from Nikel Outpost and yellow armies from Castle Roebeck and we fought epic battle. One moment we were forced to Castle walls, other we pushed them behind farm as soldiers were replaced. It was only one time, however and cannot compensate all that annoying restarting when I met group of gankers.

PVP content stagnates when the developer adds nothing to it in over 2 years. PVP content stagnates when core parts of combat (like using abilities, breakfree, drinking potions) are unreliable because of lag.

Do you think PVErs would be content if you only had 2 trials to choose from, your skills took between 1- 3 seconds to cast, and you were randomly kicked from the instance? No, you would be here on the forums, asking for improvements and additions like we are.
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP content stagnates when the developer adds nothing to it in over 2 years. PVP content stagnates when core parts of combat (like using abilities, breakfree, drinking potions) are unreliable because of lag.

Do you think PVErs would be content if you only had 2 trials to choose from, your skills took between 1- 3 seconds to cast, and you were randomly kicked from the instance? No, you would be here on the forums, asking for improvements and additions like we are.

But there are Lags in trials. There are also fall offline incidents in trials. If tank get offline it has obvious conclusion for group.

If you think that new people don’t play, because lack of new content than you're deceiving yourself. Lack of new content are problem for PVP veterans. Possible new PVPer have enough content new for them, but they don’t enjoy it to stay long enough.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But there are Lags in trials. There are also fall offline incidents in trials. If tank get offline it has obvious conclusion for group.

If you think that new people don’t play, because lack of new content than you're deceiving yourself. Lack of new content are problem for PVP veterans. Possible new PVPer have enough content new for them, but they don’t enjoy it to stay long enough.

Ive done trials, the lag and disconnects are nothing compared to what they are in Cyrodiil. Ive had plenty of friends quit the game because the frustration the lag in Cyrodiil caused, and the lack of updates it receives killed the enjoyment they got from playing.

You are a PVEer and you come in here to a thread on the PVP forum full of PVPers who are literally asking for more content and say 'oh you guys don't need content, its all the PVP community's fault'. Its frankly insulting. I could list off entire pages of bugs that plague Cyrodiil that have been in game for literal years, Every large fight sees at least one person in my raid disconnect, Balance issues and Quality of life changes that we desperately need not happening because there are no devs working on improving PVP, and months of 'testing' to find the source of the lag coming up empty handed, but its the community's fault that PVP is dying?
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • Elendir2am
    Elendir2am
    ✭✭✭✭
    All ESO contents have some bugs for years. It is nothing, PVP differs from rest parts of game. I gave you feedback as somebody, who spent few last days in PVP for the first time. It is view of newcomer and it is up to you take it or leave it.

But don’t expect, that rest of ESO community will feel any support for bunch of gankers. This is label, which your community has. You can continue in feeling, that it is all ZOS fault and that your community deserve better treatment, but you will hardly found support out of relatively small community with some phenomes inside PVP content.

Some PVE newcomers can sign in PUG and met there some elitist, who make their first run suffering and they will not sign in PUG ever again. It happen, but it happen very rarely, so they have enough time to get to know community, before their first a**hole.

How many PVP newcomers met bunch of gankers as first opponents?????
    Edited by Elendir2am on July 2, 2021 5:55AM
  • Togal
    Togal
    ✭✭✭✭
    All ESO contents have some bugs for years. It is nothing, PVP differs from rest parts of game. I gave you feedback as somebody, who spent few last days in PVP for the first time. It is view of newcomer and it is up to you take it or leave it.

But don’t expect, that rest of ESO community will feel any support for bunch of gankers. This is label, which your community has. You can continue in feeling, that it is all ZOS fault and that your community deserve better treatment, but you will hardly found support out of relatively small community with some phenomes inside PVP content.

Some PVE newcomers can sign in PUG and met there some elitist, who make their first run suffering and they will not sign in PUG ever again. It happen, but it happen very rarely, so they have enough time to get to know community, before their first a**hole.

Don't need to bash him. I agree with @Greasytengu. All I did was ask for new content and you said we don't need it. Your not the one pvping for the past 5 years and sorry to say this but you don't know anything about our community. Oh and all pvpers have experienced being destroyed by a more skilled/meta player, thats just how the cycle works and if they don't like it then thats fine with them they can always do something else.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ganking has nothing to do with the longevity of PvP and it's a part of the PvP experience. It always has been. From someone who's spent only a mere few days versus a lot of the long time vets, no offense, but their experience extends into both sections of the game and we know what one side feels like versus the other more than someone who's just dipped their feet into PvP. PvP deserves to have content just as much as PvE. Especially if that content fixes performance issues and breathes life into something that's always been outside of the PvP community's hands.

Put the blame where it belongs. PvPers didn't create the situation.