The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Companion Rapport

Rezdayn
Rezdayn
✭✭✭✭✭
How much exp/number of rapport does a companion need to be max?

Example: Making a drink with mirri gives 1 rapport. Taking her to a daedric delve gives 10.

What is the total needed to be max? Anyone know?

above numbers are known due to a addon.

Edited by Rezdayn on June 4, 2021 6:02AM
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rezdayn wrote: »

Example: Making a drink with mirror gives 1 rapport. Taking her to a deadrive delve gives 10.

ZOS in their infinite wisdom has decided that they can tell us that they changed a stat cost of an ability was changed by 2. But seems to have left out all details regard the wonderfully new report system....
  • Rezdayn
    Rezdayn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Example: Making a drink with mirror gives 1 rapport. Taking her to a deadrive delve gives 10.

ZOS in their infinite wisdom has decided that they can tell us that they changed a stat cost of an ability was changed by 2. But seems to have left out all details regard the wonderfully new report system....

Yea tbh it probably wont help knowing anyways.... its going up so slow (I do 7-8 things in a row, wait for the cooldown, do it again) and its going up so slow I dont think I want to waste my real life on it...

Im just curious how long it would take overall. Could calculate the exp then devide it by the total and x it by the time of cooldowns. However rip... I honestly think it might equal close to a year. Not even joking.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do guild dailies. Mages guild for Bastian, fighters guild for Mirri. Each quest is worth like 20 of the smaller things, and you can unlock their first sidequest in a day if you get a couple of daily shares from other people.
    Edited by tsaescishoeshiner on June 4, 2021 6:49AM
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Armodeniz
    Armodeniz
    rapport number is between -4500 and 5500
  • HumbleThaumaturge
    HumbleThaumaturge
    ✭✭✭✭

Example: Making a drink with mirri gives 1 rapport. Taking her to a daedric delve gives 10.

Maximum rapport is reported to be 5500. Guild "daily" quests (fighters guild for Mirri; mages guild for Bastion) give 125 Rapport points. So, that's (what?) 44 days to get to maximum? (And I have learned through experience now that Rapport is character-specific, not account-wide.) In contrast, reading a book, killing a goblin or snake (for Mirri), crafting an alcoholic drink (for Mirri) give only 1 Rapport point. Harvesting a psijic node gives 5 Rapport points. Scrying (for Bastion) and Excavation (for Mirri) also give 5 Rapport points. Clearly, doing the daily guild quest is far and way the best way to raise Rapport. Of course, you can only do that once per day per character. The other ways to get Rapport all seem to have a 5-minute cooldown. That is, you must wait at least 5 minutes before you can get more Rapport by that method. When you unlock them, the companion-given quests also raise Rapport significantly.
    Edited by HumbleThaumaturge on June 5, 2021 10:27AM
  • tyggerbob
    tyggerbob
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. her first(?) two personal quests give +500 rapport each, btw. that takes a nice bite out of the 5500
    There is an add-on called Companion Info that shows the actually numbers so you can see where you are rather than trying to visually compare the in game progress bar.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maximum rapport is reported to be 5500. Guild "daily" quests (fighters guild for Mirri; mages guild for Bastion) give 125 Rapport points. So, that's (what?) 44 days to get to maximum? (And I have learned through experience now that Rapport is character-specific, not account-wide.) In contrast, reading a book, killing a goblin or snake (for Mirri), crafting an alcoholic drink (for Mirri) give only 1 Rapport point. Harvesting a psijic node gives 5 Rapport points. Scrying (for Bastion) and Excavation (for Mirri) also give 5 Rapport points. Clearly, doing the daily guild quest is far and way the best way to raise Rapport. Of course, you can only do that once per day per character. The other ways to get Rapport all seem to have a 5-minute cooldown. That is, you must wait at least 5 minutes before you can get more Rapport by that method. When you unlock them, the companion-given quests also raise Rapport significantly.

I have been doing dailies on all my chars to increase rapport since I read is was account wide. Now it is not?
  • ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Companion level, gear, and access to skill lines is account wide. Rapport is character based. Guild dailies can be done many times per day per character if you get shares from other people, just like world boss and delve dailies in DLC zones. You can only pick up one once yourself from the quest giver, but others can grab and share.

Maximum rapport is 5500. The Mages Guild daily on Bastian and the Fighters Guild daily and certain Numani-Rasi Ashlander dailies on Mirri grant 125 rapport each. Scrying with Bastian and excavating with Mirri earn 5 points each. Lots of other actions like visiting Artaeum, Eyevea, and the Brass Fortress, reading books, killing bandits or goblins, crafting certain food items etc will also give small increases. The fastest way is definitely to get daily shares and do them. I've had Bastian at max rapport for a few days now.

Getting them to max rapport across multiple characters is frankly unnecessary other than for role-playing reasons or access to their perks. They perform just as well at "cordial" as they do at "companion". Their perks also seem to be bugged right now and aren't working for anyone as far as I've seen, so there's that.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I know all the sources and how they work, I just read wrong information. I am not interested in leveling rapport on all my chars; I just used then since I had read the rapport earning was account wide. So that was wrong. I dont use them for combat or even need them, just want the perks unlocked and to use them as housing additions.
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do guild dailies. Mages guild for Bastian, fighters guild for Mirri. Each quest is worth like 20 of the smaller things, and you can unlock their first sidequest in a day if you get a couple of daily shares from other people.

You can basically level up rapport in a week if you do minimal dailies 2 times per day but if you 10 char you can get them to level 10 in all guild in less than a week and therefore you get rapport to the max in less than week
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a really great thread on companion rapport.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/576044/spoilers-things-that-make-mirri-like-you-more-rapport#latest

There are also two great addons for PC that help - find them on Minion.

It seems we’re missing a second daily quest to buff Bastian’s rapport though. Maybe @ZOS_GinaBruno can confirm whether there is a second daily for Bastian as there is for Mirri…….. pwetty pwease!!??

• Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This system is so stupid - why main impact is from these single quests and we have so little rapport from everything else? I travel a lot with Bastian only, making a lot interaction which he likes, but still I have much more progress with Mirri when I just finish this two quests of her and nothing more. So Mirri not activate for 98% of time is my close friend (I had 2 quests and unlocked house guest) and Bastian, my full time companion since day one only unlocked first quest.

Why even all the fuss with unlocking them on every character and building rapport for every character if this is mainly stupid, boring quest grind and not organic building of trust by travelling together. There should be more rapport bonuses from killing bosses, beating dungeons and other game activities. It's not about what Bastian and Mirri likes or not - just travelling and adventuring together should be something which creates bond, right? You fight together, risk your lifes, beat this big ugly monsters - this what builds trust and makes you a team. Not just everyday grind with tasks for guild, geez.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, it's frustratingly vague. I used to worry about picking insects. Until I realized that it was just -1. Out of a max of 5500. And a guild daily was +125. I.e., it was just background noise that can be safely ignored. But you'd never know this with the default UI.

Improved Companion Rapport Information

Wolfshead wrote: »
    You can basically level up rapport in a week if you do minimal dailies 2 times per day but if you 10 char you can get them to level 10 in all guild in less than a week and therefore you get rapport to the max in less than week

Rapport is character-specific. So alts doing the guild dailies will level up the guild line (since that's account-wide), but the rapport gains will only be for that character. You could have other people share dailies with you, so that you're doing multiple dailies on the same character.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch