The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Aknowledgement of the Range Bug?

neferpitou73
neferpitou73
✭✭✭✭✭

Can we please get some acknowledgement that the issues being reported about skill ranges are being looked into and addressed? It's having a huge effect on pvp and I've heard it's having a impact in pve as well. I'll admit I'm more than a bit miffed to be seeing that the companion gear issue is rapidly getting acknowledged and a fix when some of the base game systems aren't even working correctly.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Nastassiya
    Nastassiya
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/bug-reports

I do not see that someone made a bug report to even be looked at. Maybe you should make a report?
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nastassiya wrote: »

I do not see that someone made a bug report to even be looked at. Maybe you should make a report?

I did: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/575567/buffed-skill-ranges-not-working-in-cyrodiil#latest

I've seen at least two other threads on it
  • Nastassiya
    Nastassiya
    ✭✭✭
    Then my advice is you get your friends, who also experienced it, to chime in on the thread so it gets more visibility and bumps it, since it's against the community rules for a person to bump their own thread.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree. In PvP this bug is game breaking. Not every class can play ranged abilities in face-to-face range.

There are a few threads about this already but no response from ZOS, which doesn't surprise me, since it affects mainly PvP community.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey @neferpitou73, thanks for bumping this one. We can confirm that we do have a bug in for the issue you're describing and the Combat team is investigating it.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    This will be fixed soon.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/575567/buffed-skill-ranges-not-working-in-cyrodiil#latest

I think Nastassiya meant in the actual Bug Reports forum. It's reasonable to assume that the mods and devs pay a bit more attention to that forum for bug reports than to, say, this General ESO Discussion forum.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

I think Nastassiya meant in the actual Bug Reports forum. It's reasonable to assume that the mods and devs pay a bit more attention to that forum for bug reports than to, say, this General ESO Discussion forum.

To be fair- there was at least ONE thread about this bug from the first HOUR of release in PvP forums, Combat, General AND Bug reports. So.....
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, You cant fire a heavy attack from a wall that hit someone in the floor.
  • jasonleitch1_ESO
    jasonleitch1_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any ETA on a fix for this issue?

This bug severely hinders ranged classes and completely alters gameplay in both open field fights as well as attacking defending keeps and outposts. Currently, you have to be literally almost directly underneath someone to attack another level of a keep or outpost.

It is going on 6 days with this bug. As no maintenance is scheduled for this week, should your PvP community be prepared to endure this bug for at least another week (before this issue is addressed)?
    PC/NA: Pentar Stonedrake (mag sorc) - Undefined (technically my main)
    PC/NA: Pentora Stonedrake (stam sorc) - Death Huntress (NB hunter / speed build)
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I'm guessing we will have to endure it for more than a week.
    I put in several in game bug reports and at least one in the forums. I also chime in on all the other threads I find.
    PCNA
    PCEU
  • Chi75
    Chi75
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS hate PVP and Cyro i think and have no plan about pvp
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PigofSteel wrote: »
    This will be fixed soon.

tenor.gif
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • jasonleitch1_ESO
    jasonleitch1_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It appears the servers are currently undergoing extended maintenance for this week, for that thank you. Any prior information before the servers are back online whether the PvP range bug is actually being addressed?

Devs, please remember that when bugs like these occur, communication is what your players are looking for. We, as players, do NOT know whether the issue is an easy fix and being placed on the back burner or if the bug requires much more investigating and coding to fix.

Many of us PvP Cyrodiil players feel the zone has been neglected and little value has been placed on fixing the zone. The long standing bugs (ones that have NEVER been addressed) in Cyrodiil is one part of the problem with a lack of communication when major bugs occur being the other part of this issue. Please, just communicate your game's vision and plans with your PvP community.
    Edited by jasonleitch1_ESO on June 7, 2021 5:24PM
    PC/NA: Pentora Stonedrake (stam sorc) - Death Huntress (NB hunter / speed build)
  • madman65
    madman65
    ✭✭✭✭
    I KNEW there was a target bug, i`ve been ranting about this for over a year. Thanks for getting this out!
  • CountonMe
    CountonMe
    ✭✭✭
    Chi75 wrote: »
    ZOS hate PVP and Cyro i think and have no plan about pvp

Why do they have it in the first place then? Open that zone to PvE and make a new story continuing from Black Wood
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears the servers are currently undergoing extended maintenance for this week, for that thank you. Any prior information before the servers are back online whether the PvP range bug is actually being addressed?

Devs, please remember that when bugs like these occur, communication is what your players are looking for. We, as players, do NOT know whether the issue is an easy fix and being placed on the back burner or if the bug requires much more investigating and coding to fix.

Many of us PvP Cyrodiil players feel the zone has been neglected and little value has been placed on fixing the zone. The long standing bugs (ones that have NEVER been addressed) in Cyrodiil is one part of the problem with a lack of communication when major bugs occur being the other part of this issue. Please, just communicate your game's vision and plans with your PvP community.

Would be nice, acknowledgment goes a long way like the block bug
    Edited by Starlight_Whisper on June 7, 2021 6:35PM
  • neferpitou73
    neferpitou73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @neferpitou73, thanks for bumping this one. We can confirm that we do have a bug in for the issue you're describing and the Combat team is investigating it.

I'm a bit late to respond but thanks for the update! I hope it will be fixed soon
    Edited by neferpitou73 on June 8, 2021 12:33AM
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please don't forget that this also affects the dragonknight elder dragon passive! Mag DK feels painful to play without the extra 2 meters melee range in PvP...
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    HankTwo wrote: »
    Please don't forget that this also affects the dragonknight elder dragon passive! Mag DK feels painful to play without the extra 2 meters melee range in PvP...

Yep! Turns out we had two bugs in our system with slightly different descriptions that were effectively the same core issue. The fix will be in the PC/Mac and Stadia incremental patch on June 14 (next Monday.)

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info it's appreciated.
  • HankTwo
    HankTwo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep! Turns out we had two bugs in our system with slightly different descriptions that were effectively the same core issue. The fix will be in the PC/Mac and Stadia incremental patch on June 14 (next Monday.)

Thanks guys!
    PC EU
    Stam DK, Magden, Magplar, Stamcro, Hybrid Sorc, Magblade & Mag DK
  • BardInSolitude
    BardInSolitude
    ✭✭✭

Thanks so much! Can't wait for the patch!
    DC loyalist. Ball group afficionado. Bard.
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then my advice is you get your friends, who also experienced it, to chime in on the thread so it gets more visibility and bumps it, since it's against the community rules for a person to bump their own thread.

I'll chime in right now ... again ... on this thread as well. The problem exists. It's rendering ranged skills throughout the entire game almost useless. Any advantage having a ranged weapon/skill slotted/used is out the window 90% of the time. I'm glad they are aware and going to address it, but I agree that some things that are NOT game breaking are addressed immediately while important things like this have to wait. Seems a bit backwards.
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bugs at launch are getting mighty fishy I say...and two weeks before a repair?

We want to play the game and not necessarily buy Blackwood, hey.
  • jasonleitch1_ESO
    jasonleitch1_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Jessica, thank you so much for the update. Although the timeline for a fix appears a little excessive (indicating this CANNOT be hotfixed) given the impact this bug has on gameplay, the response is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

As a bow user I look forward to upgrading my short bow into a long bow.
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭

Really thank you for reporting. We are really waiting it
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    In addition to ranged attacks being addressed. (Hopefully quickly) Is the "feature" of not displaying range in skill tool tips going to be remedied? (Xbox)
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • sharpshooter2342
    sharpshooter2342
    ✭✭✭

But when will it be fixed for console. Honestly console players are really feeling like we get neglected. Like tanks can't even tank. These bugs should be fixed BEFORE going live on any platform. I mean from my understanding the PTS is to TEST things to make sure it's working correctly. Tired of broken content. Was looking forward to endeavors but again advertised as we would be able to do them as soon as blackwood dropped only to be disappointed by not having them yet.
  • Starpulsechic
    Starpulsechic
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    The range skill pvp bug hasn’t been mentioned in patch notes so guessing it’s not being fixed then until a later date? Can we get a eta