Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Too much tanks and heals in the game?

• HalfRain216
    HalfRain216
    ✭✭✭
    [

That’s what I’m trying to understand.
    Why would you main a tank for solo how is it enjoyable? Where is the benefit?
    Why not have a dps and a tank considering it would be just as quick if not quicker to get the needed skills points for both rather than trying to max out skill points for one to use as both?

Not dissing you can play how you like just trying to understand the psychology?

Because not everyone wants to level up characters, swap a trillion CP out to do some arena littered with hard DPS checks, and carry more gear than they already do for the tanking role - which gets ever expansive because the game's balance keeps changing.

Hard limits to what you can do as a tank or healer outside of a party, when some content is locked to "solo play" is exactly why it isn't profitable to bother tanking or healing, and why DPS will keep on being the majority of players.

The game is a giant DPS check, and that is why balance and "creativity" always revolves around DPS and not healing or tanking in this game.

Why main a tank for solo? You should have asked why main a tank at all? Because it's not profitable anywhere in the game.

At the point of leveling both DPS and tanking lines, and grinding the skillpoints to do so, there is zero reason to bother tanking.

I think your being a bit dramatic bro haha,

Takes a day if not 2 to get level 50 on an alt.
    Takes not even 2 minutes to swap out cp copy and paste from the web.

Why do you need to carry extra sets of gear?
    I’m not right into endgame or all that stuff but isn’t everyone still using mother sorrow and Medusa for dps?

Yes why would you main a tank at all my definition for main would be overland and quest character...

My tank is an alt well really they are all my mains in someone with the tank being the main for group content.

Why do you expect or want the whole game achievable with one character why not have 2 or 3 what difference does it make?

If you like tanking which it’s main purpose is for group content then you make a character specifically for that role.

Where is the problem.

You want your tank to be a dps then just make a dps.

Maybe it’s just going over my head all sounds ridiculous to me...

Are achievements account wide?

I’m not sure like the achievements to buy certain furniture, ones for titles or Xbox achievements?

I don’t really pay to much attention to notice but I think I have seen people say they would like account wide achievements.

Is there specific tank achievements you can’t get on a dps?
    Options
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [

That’s what I’m trying to understand.
    Why would you main a tank for solo how is it enjoyable? Where is the benefit?
    Why not have a dps and a tank considering it would be just as quick if not quicker to get the needed skills points for both rather than trying to max out skill points for one to use as both?

Not dissing you can play how you like just trying to understand the psychology?

Because not everyone wants to level up characters, swap a trillion CP out to do some arena littered with hard DPS checks, and carry more gear than they already do for the tanking role - which gets ever expansive because the game's balance keeps changing.

Hard limits to what you can do as a tank or healer outside of a party, when some content is locked to "solo play" is exactly why it isn't profitable to bother tanking or healing, and why DPS will keep on being the majority of players.

The game is a giant DPS check, and that is why balance and "creativity" always revolves around DPS and not healing or tanking in this game.

Why main a tank for solo? You should have asked why main a tank at all? Because it's not profitable anywhere in the game.

At the point of leveling both DPS and tanking lines, and grinding the skillpoints to do so, there is zero reason to bother tanking.

I think your being a bit dramatic bro haha,

Takes a day if not 2 to get level 50 on an alt.
    Takes not even 2 minutes to swap out cp copy and paste from the web.

Why do you need to carry extra sets of gear?
    I’m not right into endgame or all that stuff but isn’t everyone still using mother sorrow and Medusa for dps?

Yes why would you main a tank at all my definition for main would be overland and quest character...

My tank is an alt well really they are all my mains in someone with the tank being the main for group content.

Why do you expect or want the whole game achievable with one character why not have 2 or 3 what difference does it make?

If you like tanking which it’s main purpose is for group content then you make a character specifically for that role.

Where is the problem.

You want your tank to be a dps then just make a dps.

Maybe it’s just going over my head all sounds ridiculous to me...

Are achievements account wide?

I’m not sure like the achievements to buy certain furniture, ones for titles or Xbox achievements?

I don’t really pay to much attention to notice but I think I have seen people say they would like account wide achievements.

Is there specific tank achievements you can’t get on a dps?

I was replying to the "why do you expect..." part of the comment. Because we do not have account-wide achievements its clearly the expectation of the developers as well that we be at least able to do this on one character.

Your ideal mode of play may not be shared by everyone.
    Options