Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Too much tanks and heals in the game?

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it sounds like the OP is suggesting ZoS purposely punishes players that want a tank or healer in an effort to force more DPS types in the game. Given the obvious queue problem I don't see this happening at all.

On PC switching from a tank set-up to DPS set-up is easy because of add-ons. I can see it might get bothersome on consoles though. With my healer just switching gear and skills I can hit 40k DPS so I don't have to mess with my champion points at all unless I join a vet trial as DPS. Then I go ahead and adjust my points.

My tank does have a harder time doing overland stuff. Not so much harder really. He isn't going to die it can just take a while.

The problem probably exists in every game. If you go with a tank then killing stuff solo is going to take a while. Part of the give and take. Wouldn't be fun if you could be good at everything without needing to make adjustments. I think ZoS handles it okay.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • PigofSteel
    PigofSteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everbody wants to be dps without dps... Every wanna be dps thinks they will get carried by tank and healer but when dps checks start in dlc dungeons than its another story...
    Options
  • grom1024
    grom1024
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know for tanks but my main is a healer, and even keeping the same CPs as for trial, and most of the times the same gear i have no issue doing all overland content, i just swap some skills too.
    I only change part of my gear when doing world bosses solo, it's a bit longer than with a pure DD, but it's only a matter of having a little bit more patience.

One of differences between tanks and heals that heal invest into mana (dps stat), tanks have to invest into health (nodps stat). Game practially punishes you for being heal or tank requiring you to spend more time to get the same result as dps in the most of situations.
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grom1024 wrote: »
    I don't know for tanks but my main is a healer, and even keeping the same CPs as for trial, and most of the times the same gear i have no issue doing all overland content, i just swap some skills too.
    I only change part of my gear when doing world bosses solo, it's a bit longer than with a pure DD, but it's only a matter of having a little bit more patience.

One of differences between tanks and heals that heal invest into mana (dps stat), tanks have to invest into health (nodps stat). Game practially punishes you for being heal or tank requiring you to spend more time to get the same result as dps in the most of situations.

If Tanks could also deal effective damage, EVERY SINGLE player would be a Tank. The "punishment" you're claiming is the drawback required to keep the number of Tank builds in check and make sure they're only used for specific roles, such as being a dedicated Tank in Dungeons, Trials etc.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • grom1024
    grom1024
    ✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    My tank does have a harder time doing overland stuff. Not so much harder really. He isn't going to die it can just take a while.

The problem probably exists in every game. If you go with a tank then killing stuff solo is going to take a while. Part of the give and take. Wouldn't be fun if you could be good at everything without needing to make adjustments. I think ZoS handles it okay.

Neverwinter handles it ok, you could have different "loadouts" for most of support classes have switchable support and dps specializations (pallies are out of luck, but is this is different story). FF14 handles it ok, it is possible to queue with tank class and play overland with dps on the same character. Even Lost Ark hanlding it ok, as it is possible to have different skill specialization for support and dps for supporty classes.

Comparing to that ESO handling is poor. Even selling these configuration slots only for crowns would have been better than the current situation. Just adding configurations and enabiling access to it from addons (for dressing room), would have solved problem, and I remmeber such discussions years ago.

I'm spending most of the game time in overland content, and game punishes my tank exactly there.
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody who says most dungeons work best with 4 DPS only plays normal dungeons and should be ignored in all discussions of combat balance.
    Options
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    grom1024 wrote: »

If Tanks could also deal effective damage, EVERY SINGLE player would be a Tank. The "punishment" you're claiming is the drawback required to keep the number of Tank builds in check and make sure they're only used for specific roles, such as being a dedicated Tank in Dungeons, Trials etc.

The thing is tanks used to do acceptable damage. When the game first came out I remember an eso live where they anticipated that tanks and healers would contribute to the dungeons dps out put.

Personally I did Cauldwell’s gold on two tank characters, back when we had vet levels. It was doable without being annoying.

I get that tanks should not do as much damage as a dd, but what we have now is a shadow from when the game came out. It’s unacceptable.
    Options
  • Jerkica
    Jerkica
    ✭✭
    There are so many tanks and healers in the game that they have to wait a full 2-5 minutes for a dungeon queue, while DPS only has to wait 30+ minutes.

Er wait...
    Options
  • Brenil
    Brenil
    ✭✭
    Jerkica wrote: »
    There are so many tanks and healers in the game that they have to wait a full 2-5 minutes for a dungeon queue, while DPS only has to wait 30+ minutes.

Er wait...

More like less than 30 seconds.

As a tank main, I don't really see how people are saying they do such pitiful damage that they have problems moving through overland content. How? Are you doing nothing but hitpoint stacking in your build?

I've tanked most vet content except for vet trials and I've never had to have more than 40k hp. I would assume if you are a dedicated vet trial main tank you may need more (but I'm still not sure even then that this isn't overkill), but one would assume this would be a dedicated separate set that you only brought out for certain runs.

Are people really running around using sword and board with 60k+ hp and zero weapon/spell damage doing overland solo content? Why are you torturing yourself? Get a nice hybrid build going and melt things and as long as you have 35k hp and can buff yourself to near or at armor/spell resistance cap, you'll be golden for 98% (or more) of the content in the game.

Tanks that build for nothing but defense and hold up their shield 24/7 are almost as bad as fake tanks, imo.

Options
  • HalfRain216
    HalfRain216
    ✭✭✭
    It’s simple tanks are not made to do damage.

There is no solutions to get more tanks and healers to play

I doubt the average wait time for a dungeon dd is more than 10 minutes peak time.

There is no problem and it does not need a solution

Create more than one main character you can even dress them the same and make them look the same pretend they are the same if for some reason you are so against it.

How can most people here not understand the basics of how this game works and want it changed just to suit them amazes me.
    Options
  • Brenil
    Brenil
    ✭✭
    Tanks can very much do damage. Granted, they won't be breaking DPS records, but my tank when I slot DPS abilities and go for damage can dummy hump to 25kish, which is more than enough for all solo content to melt away in no time flat and can even dps in normal dungeons and non-DLC vet dungeons.

Options
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My feeling is that about 80% of players are DPS, another 15% is healers, and maybe 5% tanks. Which tbh makes sense, support roles should be fewer than the players they are meant to support. Perhaps tank pct should be a little higher but most people dislike being punching bags/damage sponges. People normally enjoy seeing high DPS or HPS values.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
    Options
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i play one character, being a dps i can do anything. dungeons, arena's pvp, etc.

i "could" maybe do that stuff as a tank, but if i can, its going to simply take 3 times as long, just not worth it.

besides ESO's trinity system they clearly have despite claiming they dont is hella outdated.

i love tanking in FF14, want to know why?

-tanks do damage, not top damage, but competitive damage, this idea that tanks should not do damage is old.
    -threat is easy, all tanks get a threat generation toggle thats just *while this is on you will get aggro*
    -in addition their some of the first classes to get AoE skills so they can group aggro early on.

ESO tanking is a terrible mind set of:
    -you dont do damage
    -taunting should be a chore

did anyone ever stop and think, you know, if we made tanking fun and enjoyable, perhaps there would be more tanks?

but no, its a boring chore that if built for sabotages your enjoyment of the rest of the game.

why would i deliberately chose the least fun option of those presented?
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
    Options
  • six2fall
    six2fall
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's why my tank is only used to tank, my healer is only used to heal & my dps is my main so I'm able to do whatever content I want. I'd love it if we could get loadouts to easily set up gear skills & cp for each role but then people wouldnt need to make so many alts to try things which probably would impact the scummy crown store
    Options
  • HalfRain216
    HalfRain216
    ✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    i play one character, being a dps i can do anything. dungeons, arena's pvp, etc.

i "could" maybe do that stuff as a tank, but if i can, its going to simply take 3 times as long, just not worth it.

besides ESO's trinity system they clearly have despite claiming they dont is hella outdated.

i love tanking in FF14, want to know why?

-tanks do damage, not top damage, but competitive damage, this idea that tanks should not do damage is old.
    -threat is easy, all tanks get a threat generation toggle thats just *while this is on you will get aggro*
    -in addition their some of the first classes to get AoE skills so they can group aggro early on.

ESO tanking is a terrible mind set of:
    -you dont do damage
    -taunting should be a chore

did anyone ever stop and think, you know, if we made tanking fun and enjoyable, perhaps there would be more tanks?

but no, its a boring chore that if built for sabotages your enjoyment of the rest of the game.

why would i deliberately chose the least fun option of those presented?

There still would not be more tanks simple as that unless tanks did the exact same damage as dd.

People want to play dd that’s it there is nothing you could change to persuade them.

It does not sabotage the game as one of the main systems of the game is having more than one character that’s why your given 8 slots and I guarantee most people who tank are already in cp before they start and also have a main dd they do overland on.

The wait time is here to stay it’s not that big of a deal if you don’t have time to wait 20 mins join a guild you will get a group straight away even post in zone chat.
    Options
  • Brenil
    Brenil
    ✭✭
    I think people are using their own mindset on what is considered "fun" for it to be true for everyone else. "I like seeing big numbers go up, therefore everyone loves seeing big numbers go up!"

Sorry, but no.

Some people, like me, despise the DD role in this game. I find it boring. I hate weaving. I hate dummy humping. I hate being squishy. I hate playing follow the leader and hoping they know what they're doing; or they're not a fraud just trying to skirt the long queue times.

Tanking is not my preferred MMO role. My preferred MMO role is, for all intents and purposes, extinct. That role is controller. Older MMOs used to not be all about the so-called "Holy Trinity", but used to actually be based around the idea of tanking, healing, damage, and crowd control. The latter could come in many forms, but in the role I most enjoyed, it was that of the old Enchanter support class in games like Everquest.

ESO, along with most modern MMOs, have dumped the idea of CC in order to have big damage numbers from AoE. Murdering tons of 'trash mobs' is now seen as CC, which I find is unfortunate and lowers my enjoyment of the genre greatly.

Without going too deep into rose-tinted sunglass territory, I will say that my preferred role has been consumed by tanking in this game. This is why I enjoy tanking in ESO and only tanking. Where some people get a nice little hit of endorphins from seeing BIG NUMBERS; I get mine from gathering up all the 'trash mobs' timely, and perfectly, so that they can see those BIG NUMBERS all clustered neatly together. I also enjoy the aspect of facing down a big scary bad, holding up my shield, and quietly saying, "No." I do not think I am alone in this feeling, though we are in a minority, perhaps.

I say all that to say this; I enjoy tanking in this game. My main character has always been a tank. I do the overland content and beyond quite well and speedy. I've never felt that I need to "main a DD character just to do overland content." I'm sorry, but that's stupid and doesn't face the reality of playing an actual tank character in this game. If your tank character cannot do solo content in this game at a steady rate, you are doing something wrong - and - actively dissuading ignorant new players from playing that role, I might add. For if you're constantly told the role you're interested in is only for "end game CP" and will struggle to do even the most mundane things, would you re-consider your choice? I think so.

Tanks are not weak. Stop saying they are.
    Edited by Brenil on June 4, 2021 3:16AM
    Options
  • HalfRain216
    HalfRain216
    ✭✭✭
    Brenil wrote: »
    I think people are using their own mindset on what is considered "fun" for it to be true for everyone else. "I like seeing big numbers go up, therefore everyone loves seeing big numbers go up!"

Sorry, but no.

I only tank dungeons and dd overland content it is what I find fun but I think your wrong there it’s proven in the numbers that dd is what most the majority of players enjoy.
    It’s reflected in the queue times.

I agree that tanks aren’t weak once you have the skill points and cp but have you tried using a tank for overland on a new character?

Your only putting attribute points in health until you reach higher levels, all skill points are going into tanking skills shields buffs heavy light and medium until you start collecting up skyshards which for most new players wouldn’t be till higher levels then you can’t even think about putting any on crafting.
    To tank a main you need a lot of skills points two weapon lines, 3 sets of class abilities plus passives, undaunted, mages guild, assault. You don’t have any points for damage abilities and then you see other players taking out enemies with a few hits.
    You can’t participate in PVP.

If you haven’t played a MMO before like this you probably have never even heard of a tank or healer like me coming over from FPS only MMO I ever played was RuneScape.

If you have a workable solution for getting more people interested in tanking I’d love to hear it all I can think is if they offered a quest once you hit level 45 with a bit of info on other roles and free respec scrolls to change and change back if you don’t like it.
    Maybe as the reward 5 undaunted keys and a skill point.

I have no idea honestly.

Options
  • Amerises
    Amerises
    ✭✭✭✭
    "My tank takes at least twice as long to kill the things, even in dps-y gear."

So your DD only does twice as much dmg as your tank?
    Options
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - *DPS Queuing up for vet dungeons looks curiously at forum thread OP

- *DPS then looks are queue timer*

- *DPS wonders...."if there is too many tanks and healers.....why have I not got a damned tank or healer for an entire hour?!?"

I think the DPS might be on to something here.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
    Options
  • Brenil
    Brenil
    ✭✭
    I only tank dungeons and dd overland content it is what I find fun but I think your wrong there it’s proven in the numbers that dd is what most the majority of players enjoy.

I agree that tanks aren’t weak once you have the skill points and cp but have you tried using a tank for overland on a new character?

Yes. Several times. In fact, it's generally even easier since CP 2.0 when sub-50 characters are more powerful than post level 50 characters until X amount of CP and 160 gear has been obtained.

There clearly are more DDs than tanks, this is true. People like seeing big numbers go up. But not all people. Some are like me. Where we disagree is you work on the assumption that tanking is a necessary evil some people subject themselves to. I believe some people only play this game as a tank, because it is something they truly enjoy over the DD alternative. We are in the minority, yes. But we exist.
    Your only putting attribute points in health until you reach higher levels, all skill points are going into tanking skills shields buffs heavy light and medium until you start collecting up skyshards which for most new players wouldn’t be till higher levels then you can’t even think about putting any on crafting.
    To tank a main you need a lot of skills points two weapon lines, 3 sets of class abilities plus passives, undaunted, mages guild, assault. You don’t have any points for damage abilities and then you see other players taking out enemies with a few hits.

Why are you putting nothing but attributes into health? Even I do not do that on my main tank. Most tanks are hybrids, therefore spreading your points between health, magicka, and stamina is normal. Going full 64 into health is very much not mandatory, and I'd argue, self-defeating - especially - prior to level 50 when you get a free re-spec scroll.

You put your skill points into class skills, which is where a lot of your damage comes from with most classes, save two hander spamming stamina characters. I don't see how that's different from any other class. What you seem to be suggesting is that tanks go around the overland fighting everything with nothing but sword and board abilities + light/heavy attack. No doubt there are people who do that, but those people are very much doing it wrong.

You easily get enough skill points just from leveling up to be able to feel out what you need in S&B and add some damage abilities to assist you.

Again, if you go 64 points in health and nothing but defensive skills and passives before level 50, you deserve the boredom you have thrust upon yourself unnecessarily.

What?

Surely you jest? S&B builds and fat tank builds are always strong in PvP. You balance tankiness with burst and you can easily 1vX people in Cyrodiil, IC, and definitely dominate your average PuG group in Battlegrounds.
    If you have a workable solution for getting more people interested in tanking I’d love to hear it all I can think is if they offered a quest once you hit level 45 with a bit of info on other roles and free respec scrolls to change and change back if you don’t like it.

I have no idea honestly.

There is no magic bullet. You either enjoy tanking and doing CC or you do not. However, you can improve the situation one person at a time by these simple methods:

1) Stop spreading the myth that tanks are slow and useless outside of dungeons. This is false. Period.

2) Stop (this in general, not specific to you) being an asshead to tanks you group with. No running ahead of the tank, no deliberately pulling enemies away from the tank. Or, if you're grouped with a low level new tank, no speedrunning. Let them learn their role by doing.

3) Encourage new tanks by giving them simple compliments in groups. If they did their job, thank them or just say, "Good job." Such things go a long way. Everyone wants to feel needed, but all too often, tanking in PuGs (where they're most needed) is not only a thankless task, but an abusive one.

4) Also, Zenimax could fix the damn shield bug so I can play my tank instead of crap posting in the forums.
    Edited by Brenil on June 4, 2021 4:44AM
    Options
  • HalfRain216
    HalfRain216
    ✭✭✭
    Brenil wrote: »

Yes. Several times. In fact, it's generally even easier since CP 2.0 when sub-50 characters are more powerful than post level 50 characters until X amount of CP and 160 gear has been obtained.

There clearly are more DDs than tanks, this is true. People like seeing big numbers go up. But not all people. Some are like me. Where we disagree is you work on the assumption that tanking is a necessary evil some people subject themselves to. I believe some people only play this game as a tank, because it is something they truly enjoy over the DD alternative. We are in the minority, yes. But we exist.

Why are you putting nothing but attributes into health? Even I do not do that on my main tank. Most tanks are hybrids, therefore spreading your points between health, magicka, and stamina is normal. Going full 64 into health is very much not mandatory, and I'd argue, self-defeating - especially - prior to level 50 when you get a free re-spec scroll.

You put your skill points into class skills, which is where a lot of your damage comes from with most classes, save two hander spamming stamina characters. I don't see how that's different from any other class. What you seem to be suggesting is that tanks go around the overland fighting everything with nothing but sword and board abilities + light/heavy attack. No doubt there are people who do that, but those people are very much doing it wrong.

You easily get enough skill points just from leveling up to be able to feel out what you need in S&B and add some damage abilities to assist you.

Again, if you go 64 points in health and nothing but defensive skills and passives before level 50, you deserve the boredom you have thrust upon yourself unnecessarily.

What?

Surely you jest? S&B builds and fat tank builds are always strong in PvP. You balance tankiness with burst and you can easily 1vX people in Cyrodiil, IC, and definitely dominate your average PuG group in Battlegrounds.

I have no idea honestly.

There is no magic bullet. You either enjoy tanking and doing CC or you do not. However, you can improve the situation one person at a time by these simple methods:

1) Stop spreading the myth that tanks are slow and useless outside of dungeons. This is false. Period.

2) Stop (this in general, not specific to you) being an asshead to tanks you group with. No running ahead of the tank, no deliberately pulling enemies away from the tank. Or, if you're grouped with a low level new tank, no speedrunning. Let them learn their role by doing.

3) Encourage new tanks by giving them simple compliments in groups. If they did they job, thank them or just say, "Good job." Such things go a long way. Everyone wants to feel needed, but all too often, tanking in PuGs (where they're most needed) is not only a thankless task, but an abusive one.

You are correct but I’m still speaking about adding new tanks to the pool.

Your under the assumption everyone already has your knowledge of the game.

I put 54 in health 10 in magicka.
    That was only after I googled a build after a month or so and found out that is the way to go.
    Did I receive that knowledge from just playing the game no.
    Do most causal players jump in and go alright I’m going to spend a few hours researching builds working out gear sets and then still have no idea what everyone is talking about probably not.

Would I have any idea how to build a tanky pvp build no, no clue at all.

I’m purely talking about getting new players in.

Is there enough skill points to build out a tank just by leveling on a main, not even close if you want to craft 60 plus just go into it. 30 plus into armor. Then your tanking skills.

You could say well leave crafting till after new players are not going to want to do that.

You could say you don’t need all the tanking skills straight away as you will only be doing normals but if they have only googled and seen the tank builds on alcast where will they receive the knowledge?

I don’t think the myths your talking about will stop people wanting to tank most people who know what they are and want to give them a try will be doing it because of dungeons.

If that was the case they should get rid of the term support role.
    Really tanks are the leaders and dd are supporting them by doing the damage.

A way of encourage new players to take up a second character and trying a support role would be my best bet I idea how.

New players are just going to not want to use them in overland.

I understand where your coming from though mate just my opinion.

Options
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Listen, we need to assume a shared reality. Reality is there are not enough tanks, only a little more healers. Second it is easy to build an off spec with a damage build... very very easy and easy to shift between.
    Options
  • grom1024
    grom1024
    ✭✭✭
    six2fall wrote: »
    That's why my tank is only used to tank, my healer is only used to heal & my dps is my main so I'm able to do whatever content I want. I'd love it if we could get loadouts to easily set up gear skills & cp for each role but then people wouldnt need to make so many alts to try things which probably would impact the scummy crown store

There is almost no effect for crown store. Since loadout slot has more utility (you do not need to do quests at least), loadout slots could be priced higher than character slots. Most of games that have loadouts provide 1-3 loadout slots for free, and other ones are purchased from shop. Many of purchases from store are account-scoped anyway, so loadouts will not be affected. Motifs are bought only for main-crafter character if bought at all, so no effect at all. Consumables - why to buy them anyway? And they are bought according to the time of play rather than than affected by number of characters.
    Options
  • grom1024
    grom1024
    ✭✭✭
    It’s simple tanks are not made to do damage.

There is no solutions to get more tanks and healers to play

I doubt the average wait time for a dungeon dd is more than 10 minutes peak time.

There is no problem and it does not need a solution

Create more than one main character you can even dress them the same and make them look the same pretend they are the same if for some reason you are so against it.

Doing the same quests over and over with each new mod? And doing these quests in penalized state?

There is no big problem with tank doing less damage when tanking. But if I'm not in the context of group content, why I should be still penalized since tanking skills are not used in this context anyway? Are there too much tanks in the game so we need to penalize people that choose to be tank for group content? Why I cannot easily say: ok, now I'm switching to dps to do overland content until I'm going to go to group content again. Character loadouts would have sloved the problem almost completely. The only other problem would have been some inventory management, but that is relatively minor.
    Options
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [

That’s what I’m trying to understand.
    Why would you main a tank for solo how is it enjoyable? Where is the benefit?
    Why not have a dps and a tank considering it would be just as quick if not quicker to get the needed skills points for both rather than trying to max out skill points for one to use as both?

Not dissing you can play how you like just trying to understand the psychology?

Because not everyone wants to level up characters, swap a trillion CP out to do some arena littered with hard DPS checks, and carry more gear than they already do for the tanking role - which gets ever expansive because the game's balance keeps changing.

Hard limits to what you can do as a tank or healer outside of a party, when some content is locked to "solo play" is exactly why it isn't profitable to bother tanking or healing, and why DPS will keep on being the majority of players.

The game is a giant DPS check, and that is why balance and "creativity" always revolves around DPS and not healing or tanking in this game.

Why main a tank for solo? You should have asked why main a tank at all? Because it's not profitable anywhere in the game.

At the point of leveling both DPS and tanking lines, and grinding the skillpoints to do so, there is zero reason to bother tanking.
    Options
  • StevieKingslayer
    StevieKingslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sad fact is that in a lot of vet dungeons lately tanks are actually pulling dps because some dps queuing are subpar as well.

The main tank for our group regularly hits 20% dps when I am dpsing and our usual other dps switches to his healer so we pick up a dps pug.

So why do tanks need loadouts when they are actually doing dmg? Why do they have to contribute dmg in the first place? When Im playing my tank it's because Im bored of dpsing. B)

I have a friend who mains a tank, he barely plays now due to work, but that is his main and yeah he may spend an extra minute to kill stuff but he still does it, and he does enjoy doing it on his tank. So I dont really think there is a need in this regard. I do think there is a need for more content that requires everyones roles to be 100% what they are stated as. Healer flashes their lights and shrooms, Dps smacks things with their sticks, and tanks get whacked in the chops.
    I am demanding better customer service from Zenimax Studios.
    I am demanding better and more open communication between the devs & the playerbase.
    Majin Stevie || Iothane || Nymphetamine
    PVP || PVE
    Player since beta.
    Options
  • HalfRain216
    HalfRain216
    ✭✭✭
    [

Why not have a dps and a tank considering it would be just as quick if not quicker to get the needed skills points for both rather than trying to max out skill points for one to use as both?

Because not everyone wants to level up characters, swap a trillion CP out to do some arena littered with hard DPS checks, and carry more gear than they already do for the tanking role - which gets ever expansive because the game's balance keeps changing.

Hard limits to what you can do as a tank or healer outside of a party, when some content is locked to "solo play" is exactly why it isn't profitable to bother tanking or healing, and why DPS will keep on being the majority of players.

The game is a giant DPS check, and that is why balance and "creativity" always revolves around DPS and not healing or tanking in this game.

Why main a tank for solo? You should have asked why main a tank at all? Because it's not profitable anywhere in the game.

At the point of leveling both DPS and tanking lines, and grinding the skillpoints to do so, there is zero reason to bother tanking.

I think your being a bit dramatic bro haha,

Takes a day if not 2 to get level 50 on an alt.
    Takes not even 2 minutes to swap out cp copy and paste from the web.

Why do you need to carry extra sets of gear?
    I’m not right into endgame or all that stuff but isn’t everyone still using mother sorrow and Medusa for dps?

Yes why would you main a tank at all my definition for main would be overland and quest character...

My tank is an alt well really they are all my mains in someone with the tank being the main for group content.

Why do you expect or want the whole game achievable with one character why not have 2 or 3 what difference does it make?

If you like tanking which it’s main purpose is for group content then you make a character specifically for that role.

Where is the problem.

You want your tank to be a dps then just make a dps.

Maybe it’s just going over my head all sounds ridiculous to me...
    Options
  • Arkew
    Arkew
    ✭✭✭
    one of eso problem who result of lack of healer and tank is dd themself (very bad or ,skill stuff request)

in the trinity the dd is the most important and other are just for him piece of garbagge who wear stuff for him.

when you playing healer /tank you doing just litteraly wear set that increase dps for kill monster faster.
    When i play healer / tank dd cry about i not use battle prayer, SPC, olo, hollow (before nerf).
    but if you read role in Group finder (the one you tag) tank are asked to taunt and tanking stuff and healer to heal.

one other problem is stuff is dd deflect some set who was designed for them (alkosh (pre nerf),roaring opportunist, master architect).

so ppl prefer go dd because they are considered like a king.
    Options
  • HalfRain216
    HalfRain216
    ✭✭✭
    Arkew wrote: »
    one of eso problem who result of lack of healer and tank is dd themself (very bad or ,skill stuff request)

in the trinity the dd is the most important and other are just for him piece of garbagge who wear stuff for him.

when you playing healer /tank you doing just litteraly wear set that increase dps for kill monster faster.
    When i play healer / tank dd cry about i not use battle prayer, SPC, olo, hollow (before nerf).
    but if you read role in Group finder (the one you tag) tank are asked to taunt and tanking stuff and healer to heal.

one other problem is stuff is dd deflect some set who was designed for them (alkosh (pre nerf),roaring opportunist, master architect).

so ppl prefer go dd because they are considered like a king.

I’ve never experienced dd thinking they were king on Xbox I fell like the culture would be a bit different there more serious gamers.

But that is one of the parts I enjoy the most about tanks is Buffing the team and is one of the biggest responsibilities of the role behind holding aggro.

It’s why you chose the role buff the team so they can do the damage and smash through the damage.

I’m lost at what your trying to say.
    Options
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [

I think your being a bit dramatic bro haha,

Takes a day if not 2 to get level 50 on an alt.
    Takes not even 2 minutes to swap out cp copy and paste from the web.

Why do you need to carry extra sets of gear?
    I’m not right into endgame or all that stuff but isn’t everyone still using mother sorrow and Medusa for dps?

Yes why would you main a tank at all my definition for main would be overland and quest character...

My tank is an alt well really they are all my mains in someone with the tank being the main for group content.

Why do you expect or want the whole game achievable with one character why not have 2 or 3 what difference does it make?

If you like tanking which it’s main purpose is for group content then you make a character specifically for that role.

Where is the problem.

You want your tank to be a dps then just make a dps.

Maybe it’s just going over my head all sounds ridiculous to me...

Are achievements account wide?
    Options