The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Nerf warden

• Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You all act like a netch would save someone from dying, hahaha. Stop calling for nerfs and ask for buffs to the class you want to play. Pretty soon we will all walk talk and wear the same armor and have the same skills as each other and that is the day you will get no AP because we will all be the same. Just stop with the nerf threads they are useless and serve no purpose except making it look like someone is mad because they died to a warden or couldn't kill one. There are plenty of people I die to everyday but I don't scream nerf because of it. No wonder the devs don't listen.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alurria wrote: »
    You all act like a netch would save someone from dying, hahaha. Stop calling for nerfs and ask for buffs to the class you want to play. Pretty soon we will all walk talk and wear the same armor and have the same skills as each other and that is the day you will get no AP because we will all be the same. Just stop with the nerf threads they are useless and serve no purpose except making it look like someone is mad because they died to a warden or couldn't kill one. There are plenty of people I die to everyday but I don't scream nerf because of it. No wonder the devs don't listen.

Warden is a Paid class. Period.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, spam the skill that does zero damage and zero healing while others hit you, such a great idea!

I guess you know how expensive PURGE is for other classes comparing to Wardens who can access with ZERO cost?
    Why didn't you mention the Major Brutality and Sorcery for ZERO cost?
    Why didn't you mention the Stamina / Magicka regen for ZERO cost?
    Why didn't you mention the Health regen from the Animal Companions skill line passive that you can spam netch for ZERO cost?

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Betty_Netch_(skill)

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Bond_With_Nature

i've just commented your advice to spam netch that really isn't very good.

Bond with nature is very overpowered, I mean 1k health every 25 secs, it's really a game changer ......
    it will for sure save you life.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, spam the skill that does zero damage and zero healing while others hit you, such a great idea!

I guess you know how expensive PURGE is for other classes comparing to Wardens who can access with ZERO cost?
    Why didn't you mention the Major Brutality and Sorcery for ZERO cost?
    Why didn't you mention the Stamina / Magicka regen for ZERO cost?
    Why didn't you mention the Health regen from the Animal Companions skill line passive that you can spam netch for ZERO cost?

i've just commented your advice to spam netch that really isn't very good.

Bond with nature is very overpowered, I mean 1k health every 25 secs, it's really a game changer ......
    it will for sure save you life.

The Point is ONE skill giving you 3 or 4 FREE benefits.

ZERO COST.
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point is this effects more than pvp so have a broader perspective, it will effect pve too. When you scream nerf it makes people think oh they must have died to (insert class here) so want it nerfed. You are not asking to make the class better you are asking to tear it apart. That seems rather odd no? Like maybe a bit jealous, yes it's a sort of paid class so yes it needs to be better or why would you buy it?
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, they can and do spam it. They can eat more damage than any other class. They have plenty of sustain to spam it every second until the worst of the debuffs are gone. I do it all the time when I play mine.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Arbiter7070
    Arbiter7070
    ✭✭✭
    For the life of me I don’t understand how some people do not see how busted this class is. How can anyone defend a zero cost Betty netch? Nerfs are part of the game. When something is clearly busted and over performing, it is normal for any game to try to bring it in line with balance. The solution of no nerfs that some propose just doesn’t work. Buffing every other class is a BAD idea too. Though I do think some classes need buffs and quality of life improvements, the idea to buff every class to match the warden only invites power creep and runs the danger of further unforeseen imbalances. Right now there are a lot of over performing parts of the wardens kit. They NEED nerfed. No exceptions.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t think a cost on Netch would be good. It’s primarily a sustain tool, and one of the worst in the game, restoring only 4.4K Magicka over 25s. Dark Conversion returns 6k over 20s, Channeled Focus and Siphoning Attacks are well over 5k after subtracting out the initial cost. If anything the Netch should give about 1k more resource return over its duration.

I could see a nerf to free Purge spam (although IMO this is a poor use of a GCD, to the point I didn’t know it existed because it seemed pointless to try). Maybe make the first purge occur a few seconds after cast. Or if the initial cast cost 2k to prevent spam, then it should restore an additional 2-3k over 25s.[/quote]

I disagree highly. The Betty netch is a completely overloaded skill and to not have a cost to that is insane. How can you say something that gives major brut/sorc plus sustain and a purge should be free of cost? That should cost the exact same as the DK’s molten armaments. Every other class has to pay a price for those kind of buffs but wardens get them as a free spammable? Just because the sustain isn’t quite as good as some other abilities doesn’t mean it should be a freebie. It has other functions that make it powerful. The sustain is just a bonus.
    [/quote]

what you are talking about, what DK’s molten armaments, got to do with anything? its a different skill balanced around a different class kit.

Lets look at this skill - Restoring focus- cost 920 , stamina, restores 4,800 stamina over 20 sec(so its like a free skill that restores 3,880 over 20 sec = 194/1sec). Also gives the Major resolve buff, also gives the circle that heals based on HP.

Netch restores 4416 over 25 sec, cost 0. = 176.6 per sec.

So Restoring focus is better sustain.

Warden Ice Ice Fortress that gives he Major resolve buff+minor protection for the cost of 4050 magicka. Templars getting the minor protection from passive and Major resolve from Restoring focus.

So what Wardens are paying 4050 magicka, templar is getting for free + better sustain skill than netch, and the healing from Restoring focus is as good if not better compared to the Netch purge effect.

So templar's OP, nerf templars?

• Arbiter7070
    Arbiter7070
    ✭✭✭
    The point is this effects more than pvp so have a broader perspective, it will effect pve too. When you scream nerf it makes people think oh they must have died to (insert class here) so want it nerfed. You are not asking to make the class better you are asking to tear it apart. That seems rather odd no? Like maybe a bit jealous, yes it's a sort of paid class so yes it needs to be better or why would you buy it?

First off this is the PVP subsection of the forums. We are talking about the balance of a class as it relates to PVP. And no asking for nerfs doesn’t mean that “oh they must have died to (insert class)”. It means that some people have a grasp of what is over performing in the game. When cyrodiil is 90% warden or necro you KNOW something is wrong. Warden has been top tier since release. It NEEDS gutted a little bit. Just because it’s a paid class doesn’t mean it needs to be oppressive the way that it is. That is horrible logic. We’re just asking for the class to be balanced for the health of PVP. And I was a stamden main when I first started playing the game. It’s a brain dead class. I have over 400 hours on the stamden and magden. Asking for nerfs isn’t because I’m salty or jealous. It’s because I’ve abused the warden myself in battleground and Cyrodiil and I understand very well the parts of the wardens kit that are over powered.
  • Arbiter7070
    Arbiter7070
    ✭✭✭

I don’t think a cost on Netch would be good. It’s primarily a sustain tool, and one of the worst in the game, restoring only 4.4K Magicka over 25s. Dark Conversion returns 6k over 20s, Channeled Focus and Siphoning Attacks are well over 5k after subtracting out the initial cost. If anything the Netch should give about 1k more resource return over its duration.

I could see a nerf to free Purge spam (although IMO this is a poor use of a GCD, to the point I didn’t know it existed because it seemed pointless to try). Maybe make the first purge occur a few seconds after cast. Or if the initial cast cost 2k to prevent spam, then it should restore an additional 2-3k over 25s.

I disagree highly. The Betty netch is a completely overloaded skill and to not have a cost to that is insane. How can you say something that gives major brut/sorc plus sustain and a purge should be free of cost? That should cost the exact same as the DK’s molten armaments. Every other class has to pay a price for those kind of buffs but wardens get them as a free spammable? Just because the sustain isn’t quite as good as some other abilities doesn’t mean it should be a freebie. It has other functions that make it powerful. The sustain is just a bonus.
    [/quote]

what you are talking about, what DK’s molten armaments, got to do with anything? its a different skill balanced around a different class kit.

Lets look at this skill - Restoring focus- cost 920 , stamina, restores 4,800 stamina over 20 sec(so its like a free skill that restores 3,880 over 20 sec = 194/1sec). Also gives the Major resolve buff, also gives the circle that heals based on HP.

Warden Ice Ice Fortress that gives he Major resolve buff+minor protection for the cost of 4050 magicka. Templars getting the minor protection from passive and Major resolve from Restoring focus.

So what Wardens are paying 4050 magicka, templar is getting for free + better sustain skill than netch, and the healing from Restoring focus is as good if not better compared to the Netch purge effect.

[/quote]

The point about the DK’s molten armaments was that they have to invest resources to get that buff. Major brutality and major sorcery should not be given away for free as a skill with no resource investment because every other class must invest in it. It doesn’t matter that the sustain is not as good as other classes. It’s the fact that it’s a triple loaded skill for NO cost. That is the problem.
  • Armethius
    Armethius
    ✭✭✭
    Netch is not zero cost. There is massive opportunity cost to sitting there and casting netch. You usually will just get gunned down. Netch is a nice skill, is never wins a fight for me. Once and a while its really nice to purge everything for free but in no way can I just spam netch and survive. Maybe I get three netch casts off and then i gotta get to healing or shielding or i die.
  • Armethius
    Armethius
    ✭✭✭
    Netch is OP on rams tho... i will say its nice to stand on the ram and spam netch.
  • INe_Saninus
    INe_Saninus
    ✭✭✭
    This has already been established and is starting to feel like intellectual dishonesty.

No one is suggesting that it is a good idea to stand there and spam netch while being attacked.
    Not one person has said this.
    Not one person has suggested that you should stand in front of another player as he's delivering his burst into you, and that the answer is to spam netch.

Stop replying with that.
    It's ridiculous and intentionally dishonest.

It is ABSOLUTELY possible to crank out a few netch as you:
    -reposition
    -line of sight
    -hang out on your back bar while your HOTs are up waiting for your opening.

I'm not even in here asking for nerfs.
    Everyone knows the class is over tuned compared to every thing other than necro.
    ...but I'm fine with that.
    ...because I know that the weak will just slide over to the next path of least resistance.

...but don't be dishonest about the class an the impact of its tool kit. Smh.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I could see a nerf to free Purge spam (although IMO this is a poor use of a GCD, to the point I didn’t know it existed because it seemed pointless to try). Maybe make the first purge occur a few seconds after cast. Or if the initial cast cost 2k to prevent spam, then it should restore an additional 2-3k over 25s.

[/quote]

The point about the DK’s molten armaments was that they have to invest resources to get that buff. Major brutality and major sorcery should not be given away for free as a skill with no resource investment because every other class must invest in it. It doesn’t matter that the sustain is not as good as other classes. It’s the fact that it’s a triple loaded skill for NO cost. That is the problem.[/quote]

your response ignored most of my argument . I just showed you how Restoring focus gives Major resolve for free, which is at least as a costly and as rare of buff compared to Major Brutality/Sorcery with other benefits which are arguably greater that the other benefits of netch.

It is also funny that you are so focused on this issue while forgetting that the supposedly OP stamden build which is very common on cyrodiil running both netch and Forward Momentum/Rally which also give the major brutality buff. So even if you take this buff away from netch it will make no difference to the build itself. It will however, put penalty on Magden is already very mediocre .

• Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the life of me I don’t understand how some people do not see how busted this class is. How can anyone defend a zero cost Betty netch? Nerfs are part of the game. When something is clearly busted and over performing, it is normal for any game to try to bring it in line with balance. The solution of no nerfs that some propose just doesn’t work. Buffing every other class is a BAD idea too. Though I do think some classes need buffs and quality of life improvements, the idea to buff every class to match the warden only invites power creep and runs the danger of further unforeseen imbalances. Right now there are a lot of over performing parts of the wardens kit. They NEED nerfed. No exceptions.

1)I just showed you how I can defend a zero cost Betty netch, quite easy actually, just compared it Restoring Focus.

2) We had seasons with stamDK on top, we had seasons with stamblades on top, we even had season with templars on top and yes we had season with stamdens on top. On live stamcros take the first place for this moment, stamden is only second.

3)Wardens literally just got nerfed, with the changes to artic blast, health regen, proc set scaling, malacath nerf etc.. The heavy armor, high health play style of stamdens got significant nerfs all around. On PTS based on duels only, I have not observed, Stamdens over performing other stamina toons. Stamcro stands just a above the others. And all stamina toons are stronger compared to to all magicka toons other than magsorc and perhaps magplar.
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gods, I really hate topics that just whine for nerfs.

Focus on buffing everything else before you ever consider nerfs. Please for the love of Arkay just ask for buffs. The other classes surely need it.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think warden is very strong

I think older versions of the OG classes were on par with Necro and Den now

I think the older classes could gain some of their old awesomeness back
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden players keep saying that netch won't save their lives. Of course it's not a 100% guaranteed life saving skill, BUT, some people always avoid talking about the fact that the skill gives MULTIPLE BENEFITS with ZERO COST.

Is there any other class having ONE skills offering ALL free purge, free sustain, free major buff, and also with health regen from skill line passive with zero cost?

The MULTIPLE BENEFITS with ZERO COST is a big issue.

What if all other classes are granted one skill with multiple benefits with ZERO COST?

I have a PvP stamden too. Comparing to other classes, Stamden is really great.
    Edited by LightYagami on May 26, 2021 1:05AM
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armethius wrote: »
    Netch is not zero cost. There is massive opportunity cost to sitting there and casting netch. You usually will just get gunned down. Netch is a nice skill, is never wins a fight for me. Once and a while its really nice to purge everything for free but in no way can I just spam netch and survive. Maybe I get three netch casts off and then i gotta get to healing or shielding or i die.

“massive opportunity cost"?
    What about almost all other classes not only have massive opportunity cost but also massive REAL stamina / magicka / health costs?

The fact is clear, with ONE spammable ZERO cost skill, you have:

1. Purge with ZERO cost
    2. Major Brutality and Sorcery for ZERO cost
    3. Stamina / Magicka regen for ZERO cost
    4. Health regen from the Animal Companions skill line passive that you can spam netch for ZERO cost

Can ZOS please add some skills like netch to other classes? I'm happy to have the "massive opportunity cost" but ZERO real cost. Thanks.

• DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scallan wrote: »

Focus on buffing everything else before you ever consider nerfs. Please for the love of Arkay just ask for buffs. The other classes surely need it.

They will never buff all the base classes to meet Necro level, and definitely not warden level, because it would require reworking all skills on the others. Also, for the most part, the base classes are fairly close to one another. Each one has advantages and disadvantages in both PVP and PVE.

The reality is the dlc classes need to be adjusted, and really this is mostly warden. Necro is powerful in a skilled players hands but most cannot master it or don't want to.

Warden is easy, especially stamina but also mag. Because of it's lower learning curve AND it's high damage AND it's great sustain AND it's inherent tankiness, pretty much anyone can play it well, and that's why you see roving armies of them running wild like Hulkamania.

It doesn't need to be nerfed into oblivion but it does need to be adjusted. Hitting the big heal will help but stamdens are also running vigor and mushrooms. And they're about to get access to free heals and sustain from proc sets.

Netch and scorch morphs both need fixing. The fact that scorch goes through walls and has seemingly no height limit with no telegraph is the most bonkers skill in the game. Not to mention the ridiculous damage it lands and leads to.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe put the same Health cost on Netch as is on Expunge. This is a nice and simple check on the ability of a Necro to repeatedly purge under pressure.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scallan wrote: »

They will never buff all the base classes to meet Necro level, and definitely not warden level, because it would require reworking all skills on the others. Also, for the most part, the base classes are fairly close to one another. Each one has advantages and disadvantages in both PVP and PVE.

The reality is the dlc classes need to be adjusted, and really this is mostly warden. Necro is powerful in a skilled players hands but most cannot master it or don't want to.

Warden is easy, especially stamina but also mag. Because of it's lower learning curve AND it's high damage AND it's great sustain AND it's inherent tankiness, pretty much anyone can play it well, and that's why you see roving armies of them running wild like Hulkamania.

It doesn't need to be nerfed into oblivion but it does need to be adjusted. Hitting the big heal will help but stamdens are also running vigor and mushrooms. And they're about to get access to free heals and sustain from proc sets.

Netch and scorch morphs both need fixing. The fact that scorch goes through walls and has seemingly no height limit with no telegraph is the most bonkers skill in the game. Not to mention the ridiculous damage it lands and leads to.

Necro is performing better than Warden in most cases (especially in PVP) from what I've seen.

Anyways, we've been getting heavy-handed nerf after nerf almost every patch for all the classes. I'm tired of people complaining about perceived overtuning when in reality it's just that some of the classes haven't been nerfed as much. This is the real issue, and it's about balancing as a whole.

ZOS was super worried about power creep a year or so back and since then they've done everything they can to not buff things. Like, look at the new Champion Points system nerf that's hitting next week. They've decided that it was still too powerful, even after the huge rework (which was a closet nerf to stats) so they've decided to make it even weaker. And instead of reworking certain "problem" proc sets, they decided to just do a massive blanket nerf and send all of them to Oblivion.

The issue with balance in this game isn't singular classes like Necro or Warden, it's that ZOS has a nerf hammer, and everything in the game looks like a nail to them. There is no nuance. The whole balance design philosophy is insane right now and it's just getting worse, and it doesn't help that their are people like the OP of this thread that are missing the forest for the trees.

Ask for buffs, ask for ZOS to return your classes to their former glory, Gods knows the game desperately needs it. Just please stop asking for nerfs. That's all they've been doing anyways, and it's hurting the game.
    Edited by Scallan on May 26, 2021 7:34PM
  • Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should add $10 to the cost to buy the class. Its too cheap currently.
  • Draevik
    Draevik
    ✭✭✭
    I am just going to throw this out there.

Wardens kit allows them access to:
    • Delayed Burst that recasts itself
    • Ranged spammable that sets Off-balance and stacks its own DOT damage, which will also be stronger this update.
    • Netch: 353 effective stam or magicka regen (4416/25s=176.64 then multiply that amount by 2 to equal regen interval tick)
    • The largest ward in the game versus ranged damage
    • An ability similar to crit surge minus the crit requirements
    • Free spammable cleanse that automatically cleanses 1 effect every 5 seconds
    • With class kit abilities, not including use of an ultimate or light attackm they can regen up to 150 ultimate per minute.

MINOR
    • Minor Berserk - access to major expedition for 6s when cast
    • Minor Evasion - access to major expedition for 6s when cast
    • Minor Protection - attached to armor buff
    • Minor Toughness - 20s duration triggered by healing others or using netch on yourself.
    • Minor Vulnerability - attached to one of the largest class dots in the game

MAJOR
    • Major Breach - attached to delayed burst magicka ability
    • Major Brutality/Sorcery - no cost
    • Major Expedition - castable - attached to minor berserk or minor evasion while slotted
    • Major Heroism - attached to a the largest ward against ranged damage in the game
    • Major Maim - attached to a large AOE placeeable pull, and immobilize
    • Major Mending - triggered when casting heals on yourself/ally under 40%
    • Major Prophecy - attached to a castable crit surge like ability.
    • Major Protection - that moves with the warden and applies to allies as well
    • Major Resolve - for the group, semi long duration, also applies minor protection to caster
    • Major Savagery - attached to a castable crit surge like ability.
    Edited by Draevik on May 26, 2021 8:02PM
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draevik wrote: »

• Ranged spammable that sets Off-balance and stacks its own DOT damage, which will also be stronger this update.
    • Netch: 353 effective stam or magicka regen (4416/25s=176.64 then multiply that amount by 2 to equal regen interval tick)
    • With class kit abilities, not including use of an ultimate or light attackm they can regen up to 150 ultimate per minute.

MINOR
    • Minor Toughness - 20s duration triggered by healing others or using netch on yourself.

MAJOR
    • Major Expedition - castable - attached to minor berserk or minor evasion while slotted
    • Major Heroism - attached to a the largest ward against ranged damage in the game
    • Major Resolve - for the group, semi long duration, also applies minor protection to caster

You just wrote the effects of all the Warden's skills buff effects, both stamina and magicka morphs. What is the point? you can do it to any other class, it will look more or less the same. If anything, Warden got screwed big time after the Major/Minor rebalance 2 patches ago, being the class with the most dependency on the major/minor buff system.

and *** ya, calling "Lotus Flower" a "castable crit surge like ability" is priceless. Another gem, "Major Maim - attached to a large AOE placeeable pull, and immobilize", lol.

Don't buy a car from this fellow here.

BTW, if Warden kit is so epic, why the supposedly most OP thing ever(meta Stamden) playing like 5 skills which are outside of the Warden toolkit ?
    Edited by Lughlongarm on May 27, 2021 5:58AM
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd reduce sub assault tooltip by %20 and add a small cost to netch.
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berchelous wrote: »

Yes, reduce the damage of an easily avoidable skill that does about 4k damage but let's mantain the damage of a ranged skill that always do 8/9k damge.

[snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 28, 2021 10:06AM
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berchelous wrote: »

Major Evasion, reducing damage from area attacks by 20%

Problem solved.
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Warden is a Paid class. Period.

Shocker that new content isn't free. It's almost like the business needs to make money to keep the servers running and to produce content...
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draevik wrote: »

MINOR

MAJOR

You just wrote the effects of all the Warden's skills buff effects, both stamina and magicka morphs. What is the point? you can do it to any other class, it will look more or less the same. If anything, Warden got screwed big time after the Major/Minor rebalance 2 patches ago, being the class with the most dependency on the major/minor buff system.

and *** ya, calling "Lotus Flower" a "castable crit surge like ability" is priceless. Another gem, "Major Maim - attached to a large AOE placeeable pull, and immobilize", lol.

Don't buy a car from this fellow here.

BTW, if Warden kit is so epic, why the supposedly most OP thing ever(meta Stamden) playing like 5 skills which are outside of the Warden toolkit ?

Exactly! The major/minor rebalance nuked the class, lotus flower is USELESS, and lmfao at thinking frozen gate is useful. Maybe in a zerg context, but in any other form of content in the game, no one would use this horrible clunky skill.