The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nothing from the last 2 weeks of feedback added

Ringod123
Ringod123
✭✭✭
So the new patch notes are out and are underwhelming to say the least. Unless some massive changes are made in the next week the new patch is going to be one of the worst ever patches in the history of the game. Feels like ZOS have massively dropped the ball in last 6 months.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you do highlights of why so bad?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Altruz
    Altruz
    ✭✭✭
    Spoiler : they will never read your feedbacks
  • Extinct_Solo_Player
    Extinct_Solo_Player
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ringod123 wrote: »
    So the new patch notes are out and are underwhelming to say the least. Unless some massive changes are made in the next week the new patch is going to be one of the worst ever patches in the history of the game. Feels like ZOS have massively dropped the ball in last 6 months.

i've been reporting the same bugs for over 6 months and they have yet to be fixed, don't see the point of reporting bugs if they never get acknowledged by zos let alone fixed lol.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the same as every PTS cycle, they address feedback in X.0.2 then it's just bug fixes until live. There's usually another round of nerfs shortly after it goes live. Yes I wish it were better too.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • Parasaurolophus
    Parasaurolophus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Companions are useless. The maximum they can do is simple mobs in the overland. Public dungeons, WB, dolmens - companions are simply permanently dead. They are useless for experienced players. For beginners, companions, it is too difficult to support and heal.

Procsets is a nice try, but ... The math looks weird.
    PC/EU
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the same as every PTS cycle, they address feedback in X.0.2 then it's just bug fixes until live. There's usually another round of nerfs shortly after it goes live. Yes I wish it were better too.
    Uhm, yeah because they've literally decided on this stuff months ago, in X.0.2 they're just making minor adjustments.

Player feedback pertains mostly to bug reports and overall experience reports, not sure why players have the illusion that ZoS is asking them how to design their own game xD
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Athan1 wrote: »
    Uhm, yeah because they've literally decided on this stuff months ago, in X.0.2 they're just making minor adjustments.

Player feedback pertains mostly to bug reports and overall experience reports, not sure why players have the illusion that ZoS is asking them how to design their own game xD

And it’s because of this that we end up living with patches of broken sets, skills and set ups. We all knew dots were over powered and fed back to zos and it still went live, next patch they got gutted. That’s just one of the many instances where zos have shown not to be able to internally balance the game and refuse to accept feedback given until it goes live then spend the next patch fixing it.

Not sure many players want to design the game for zos but we should have a say in its balance since we play it more than the devs.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I waited for these notes to see if they would fix any major flaws in this patch (like proc sets not having an upper limit, scaling between stam and mag, etc. etc.) They didn't do anything, so nope, I won't be subscribing and definitely have no intention of buying the new chapter. For now, ESO gets shelved for the next few months.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same. I keep hoping for some improvements to companions, but nope. Not buying this chapter.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    I waited for these notes to see if they would fix any major flaws in this patch (like proc sets not having an upper limit, scaling between stam and mag, etc. etc.) They didn't do anything, so nope, I won't be subscribing and definitely have no intention of buying the new chapter. For now, ESO gets shelved for the next few months.

They nerfed most of the problem proc sets on top of the adjusted scaling, the limiting factor for proc scaling is the amount of spd/wpd you can get while also running procs.
    With the current values, it's actually not that easy to make these super high dmg tanky builds with procs anymore.
    I think once this goes live and people have a chance to test the new procs in actual pvp scenarios, they will be fine with it.
    As for the disparity between mag and stam procsets, they did nerf nearly every decent stam procset, don't forget, you wont get back to the same values on vma 2h, unleashed etc even if you stack wpn super hard behind it.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's one of the most feedback-deaf patches to come, cp, green tree, proc scaling (hello battlespirit), built-in ADR.

Kind of a patch yet again when you don't want to commit to anything as this will be changed dramatically next patch and than again, and again with no good results. Not that it's surprising to the playerbase.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Parrot1986 wrote: »
    Athan1 wrote: »

We all knew dots were over powered and fed back to zos and it still went live, next patch they got gutted. That’s just one of the many instances where zos have shown not to be able to internally balance the game and refuse to accept feedback given until it goes live then spend the next patch fixing it.

And looks like no lessons were learned from those kind of patches. Community is quick to catch every possible problem that occurs but devs preferring for it to go live to test it anyway. Failure, as always.

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Each week I hope for good changes in the PTS patch notes but I guess this will go live in its current state.

Hopefully in a future update the following points will be addressed:
    • Proc sets scaling is badly designed, either scale off WD+stam / SD+mag (just like skills) or change the amount of SD because mag DDs they can never reach the same value as stam DDs, with up to 14% from medium armor passives + extra value from DW/2H + FG passives. There should be a difference of 15-20% if you look at all the factors in play.
    • Stam DDs in PVE and PVP are losing penetration because the CP2.0 gets nerfed again. Its another 700 pen further away from the pen cap. There is so little power coming from the CP system that vertical progression is becoming a joke.
    • Companions are completely useless for anything but a healer or ranged DD because a companion with agro dies very quickly. What is the use of companions if they quickly die? They shouldnt be too strong in terms of dmg or healing done but they should be hard to kill. Dont sorc pets have a special resistance in PVE for a similar reason?
    • Not being able to craft even basic gear for companions as a Grand Master Crafter is also a weird design choice. Its fine by me that the BiS companion gear is not craftable but you should be able to make something to start out with. Instead we get a grindy gear system for something thats not even worth the effort, I expect this will turn away many players before they've even tried it.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    great game - great studio
    no bugs - no lags
    Edited by Curious_Death on May 18, 2021 10:52AM
  • Jazraena
    Jazraena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That wasn't an insult, First.

It's good that it may work out for PvP - I doubt it, but I don't PvP, so I'll defer to you on that - but in PvE it'll be catastrophic.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On the down side:

Cp nerfed

Proc sets nerfed

(Which means mid to low end dds, tanks and healers got targeted for nerfs.)

Group sizes in pve nerfed

Companions nerfed

On the bright side there is:

TBD
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

Cp nerfed

If they just addressed green tree there would be like 50% less complaining about everything else next patch bringing.

• BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

Cp nerfed

If they just addressed green tree there would be like 50% less complaining about everything else next patch bringing.

Yup.

Players: “The green tree is bad!”

Zos: “Ok, we will make the red and blue trees bad as well. Fixed!”
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each week I hope for good changes in the PTS patch notes but I guess this will go live in its current state.

Hopefully in a future update the following points will be addressed:

[*] Not being able to craft even basic gear for companions as a Grand Master Crafter is also a weird design choice. Its fine by me that the BiS companion gear is not craftable but you should be able to make something to start out with. Instead we get a grindy gear system for something thats not even worth the effort, I expect this will turn away many players before they've even tried it.
    [/list]

This has turned this player away.

Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's the same thing every cycle.

They make lots of fixes where stuff turns out not to be working as intended. They make a very, very small number of changes to their intentions. And that's it.
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post
  • jwellsub17_ESO2
    jwellsub17_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    And your thoughts from the perspective of a PvE player outside of optimized trial groups?
    And that, right there, is the crux of the problem that ZOS faces. PTS generally doesn't have many of the optimized trial groups, or for that matter, the optimized PvP groups. And those are where these imbalances really shine through, as such ZOS doesn't generally see the effect of these types of changes until they go live.

• slt101880b14_ESO
    slt101880b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for rule violations, mostly Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

And this is the extent of any real communication.
    Edited by slt101880b14_ESO on May 18, 2021 4:40PM
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greetings all,

Well, you could argue that non-communication is, in a way, communicating the general value of what people post in this forum. I think devs don't view the PTS as a source of feedback on game design. They are looking for new bugs. The rest, for the most part, is just ignored as disgruntled noise. People typically what their opinions to matter. But in the bigger scheme of things, they don't. That's life. :/
  • Maggusemm
    Maggusemm
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS stated that they want to change the CP system according to player feedback.

A poll in this forum shows that only 5% of the player base wants the massive NERFS on the CP system.

ZOS does not hear on the players. They dont correct their statement neither. Players want more possibilities for the CP system and not a NERF.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    I think devs don't view the PTS as a source of feedback on game design.
    They do usually try to address the loud repeated complaints like Crimson and the original broken proc scaling, or that one time they were gonna add cast times to damage shield abilities. So if you want them to change something, you gotta get a big forum zerg going and be pretty specific about what you want, they eventually bend. Unfortunately, this is also how we end up with nonsense like faction locks.
  • crazepdx
    crazepdx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think devs don't view the PTS as a source of feedback on game design.
    They do usually try to address the loud repeated complaints like Crimson and the original broken proc scaling, or that one time they were gonna add cast times to damage shield abilities. So if you want them to change something, you gotta get a big forum zerg going and be pretty specific about what you want, they eventually bend. Unfortunately, this is also how we end up with nonsense like faction locks.

They changed crimson because @isthereno1else posted a video of his toon soloing a boss in IC while he was afk using it.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    crazepdx wrote: »
    They changed crimson because @isthereno1else posted a video of his toon soloing a boss in IC while he was afk using it.
    Did the devs give this as their reason? There was a huge volume of (justified) complaints before the video post.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings all,

Well, you could argue that non-communication is, in a way, communicating the general value of what people post in this forum. I think devs don't view the PTS as a source of feedback on game design. They are looking for new bugs. The rest, for the most part, is just ignored as disgruntled noise. People typically what their opinions to matter. But in the bigger scheme of things, they don't. That's life. :/

The problem is that the devs really should be taking queues on balance and design from the community (no, not the randoms typing in all caps, the ones who demonstrably know what they are talking about - we all know who they are) since, as the ones actually playing the game, they are actually better positioned to comment on the impact of changes on the prevailing metas. It is pure hubris that feedback from respected players is so habitually ignored.
    crazepdx wrote: »
    Did the devs give this as their reason? There was a huge volume of (justified) complaints before the video post.

Seeing is believing. Any time that a video is posted it's like a giant neon sign (typically screaming for a nerf...) instructing the developers what to do - and they usually do it. Unfortunately, most videos are also highly biased click-bait, so the resulting changes are often highly undesirable (such as increasing scaling to 6500).
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were a few over performing proc sets that everyone wanted nerfed. But instead Zos changed the damage scaling on all proc sets and broke them all. So they had to waste time again in balancing them but finally nerfing the problematic proc sets anyways. Now there seems to be a couple proc sets that will be the meta for the next patch that will be overused and complained about until those are nerfed into oblivion as well.

Seems like the leadership is lacking for the simply fact their changes are all over the place and players aren’t seeing a direction that the dev team is going.