Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vateshran 2H - Adjustments Required

• xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Decimus wrote: »
    simply because it is free damage and stats from the back bar with minimal investment.
    Yup that's the whole problem. Powerful effect for nigh zero opportunity cost. If they stapled this exact effect to 2h Cleave instead, it would probably be fine. Momentum needs a much weaker effect attached.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • TheAlphaRaider
    TheAlphaRaider
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    I have to aggree, as much as I like the extra burst on classes that aren't necro or warden, I do think it's a bit too much.
    Honestly, I'd prefer if the proc was removed altogether, and the extra wpd was boosted, would be more thematic with the skill it enhances.
    Maybe make it give a 100 wpd per stack, but with a shorter duration and when you reach 5 you can't refresh it anymore.

I think more ppl complain about zaan as their death recap will show a very high number, and even tho it has counterplay, a lot of ppl usually melt before they react to it.
    As for crimson, I don't get the obsession some ppl have with this set, it's really on strong if you are in the thick of a group fight, it needs to hit multiple players to be powerful, which is fine IMHO.

I don't agree, even in a one v. one duel crimson is strong just purely because it is another proc burst for free. In fact only the healing scales with groups, also the cool down is incredible short. You can ramp up a burst quite quickly, using another proc set back bar - unfathomable darkness or whatever you want, and frenzied front bar. By going through a simple dizzy swing rotation, you get a series of bursts and heals without hitting any other skills. Crimson is arguably the strongest set in the game. I was reviewing my DK build yesterday and realize how unoptimized it is and yet i breeze through encounters in Battlegrounds with no pressure simply because of crimson with Vat staff and Vat 2h. However, I still think eternal vigor is often overlooked and engine guardian as well.

Crimson --->>> After taking damage you surround yourself in an 8 meter mist of blood. After 2 seconds, the mist is violently siphoned into your body, dealing 8220 Bleed Damage to nearby enemies and healing you for 100% of the damage done. This effect can occur once every 8 seconds.
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crimson is arguably the strongest set in the game... I still think eternal vigor is often overlooked and engine guardian as well.
    Crimson and Eternal Vigor got nerfed pretty hard. Praise Sithis.

Engine Guardian needs to not block LoS, otherwise it's fine.
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red99 wrote: »
    Yea sure lets make stamsorc useless again, vate 2h + cristal weap is a really nice combo for stamsorc to kill scrubs cuz this combo is SO PREDICTABLE, u have to just block the next dizzy aftet the cristal weap cast and combo is gone

SO PREDICTABLE, u have to just block the next streak vateproc execute.. oh wait
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea sure lets make stamsorc useless again, vate 2h + cristal weap is a really nice combo for stamsorc to kill scrubs cuz this combo is SO PREDICTABLE, u have to just block the next dizzy aftet the cristal weap cast and combo is gone

You run Vateshran 2H on the back bar with the meta setups, there is no dizzy swing just (crystal weapon/blastbones/shalks)->medium weave+dawnbreaker into undodgeable executes (spin2win) with DW front.

It doesn't kill scrubs only, it kills almost anything apart from max health heavy armor wardens before they even have a chance to CC break from the Dawnbreaker (let alone block+heal while in execute range) - I wouldn't be making a forum thread if this was something with counterplay (i.e. something balanced).

[Quoted post was removed]

You mean one of the more popular meta set up's in proc allowed settings? [snip]

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 18, 2021 1:36PM
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see a patch-day stealth-nerf in this set's future.
  • Red99
    Red99
    ✭✭✭
    Tessitura wrote: »

You run Vateshran 2H on the back bar with the meta setups, there is no dizzy swing just (crystal weapon/blastbones/shalks)->medium weave+dawnbreaker into undodgeable executes (spin2win) with DW front.

It doesn't kill scrubs only, it kills almost anything apart from max health heavy armor wardens before they even have a chance to CC break from the Dawnbreaker (let alone block+heal while in execute range) - I wouldn't be making a forum thread if this was something with counterplay (i.e. something balanced).

[Quoted post was removed]

You mean one of the more popular meta set up's in proc allowed settings? [snip]

I said that dw 2h setup isnt so meta, i ve seen only 3 stamsorc (1 in ic) use it and they were squishy af
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 18, 2021 1:37PM
  • StormSlash
    StormSlash
    ✭✭
    He means more of a Meteor + streak + medium weave + vate and crystal weapon + execute combo
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have had to edit or remove several posts for Baiting. Ensure when engaging in a discussion that you keep said discussion civil, constructive, and within the rules. If you see a post that is baiting in nature do not engage it with further hostility and instead report it for the moderators to review.

You are welcome to review the Community Rules here.
    Staff Post