Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does anyone else wish that proc based damage sets would just get dunked on with a big nerf?

• Jayroo
    Jayroo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep pvp and pve changes separate
    This is what happened with proc sets in cyrodil, everyone whined on the forums 24/7, than zos said " There, happy now?" and everyone said "NONONO GO BACK"

Nerfs that get begged for like this always go down the same way
    every.
    single.
    time.
    Edited by Jayroo on May 3, 2021 2:09PM
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I like watching the world burn!
    There is no "free damage".

You lose stats for that damage.

Sorc and warden pets it the same free damage + it do not let attack its owner correctly or stun him.

Streek is free speed + unblocable stun, invis is free damage mitigation + 100% crit.
  • Milli_Rabbit
    Milli_Rabbit
    ✭✭✭
    No I like watching the world burn!
    If you nerf proc sets, you nerf pvp. I like the vast array of builds possible more than I hate the random stronk procs.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really, really not a fan of free dmg procs in pvp when they are overperforming. But I'm far less of a fan of killing most of the sets because some try hard pvp wannabe throws a fit. PvE PoV: With only 12 skills and faceroll easy quest content (which is 90% of what we get per Chapter) and only a few dungeons/ trials per year I'm in dire need of some fancy procs or else I die of boredom.

OP, there are so many reasonable solutions out here in the forums. Why act like your a ZOS employee and grab the sledgehammer to ruin an otherwise perfectly reasonable cause with your over the top approach?
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AyaDark wrote: »

Except that the damage gained through the effect of a proc-set was in many cases greater than the damage that could be gained from the fifth piece stat-set. The reason the proc set meta even came about was because they became a more reliable source of consistent damage that could allow investment in passive defense such as health, armor, and mitigation. If the loss of not running a 5th piece stat-set had been more impactful, then there would not have been a proc meta.
  • AgentUriel
    AgentUriel
    ✭✭✭
    Yes nerf (mostly) free damage

I'm really, really not a fan of free dmg procs in pvp when they are overperforming. But I'm far less of a fan of killing most of the sets because some try hard pvp wannabe throws a fit. PvE PoV: With only 12 skills and faceroll easy quest content (which is 90% of what we get per Chapter) and only a few dungeons/ trials per year I'm in dire need of some fancy procs or else I die of boredom.

OP, there are so many reasonable solutions out here in the forums. Why act like your a ZOS employee and grab the sledgehammer to ruin an otherwise perfectly reasonable cause with your over the top approach?

Reading this makes me think you haven't had much experience with procs in battlegrounds. Have you ever came across the misting vampire while you die to beams? Or the werewolf using malacath that can't die?

Why do you think I gave the option in the poll to keep pvp and pve changes separate? I'm not heartless I want more stuff to be used in pve but I want there to be more of a cost of making pvp proc builds viable. You shouldn't be tanky, damaging, and not dying. Procs lead to godhood in pvp especially if you zerg.
  • AgentUriel
    AgentUriel
    ✭✭✭
    AyaDark wrote: »

Sorc and warden pets it the same free damage + it do not let attack its owner correctly or stun him.

Streek is free speed + unblocable stun, invis is free damage mitigation + 100% crit.

What stats? Crit chance? Why would you need crit chance for procs? You can have 20% crit chance or lower and bypass crit resist by having malacath and running proc sets.

Not stacking crit chance saves you from running a set dedicated to it because of nerfs to crit chance in the past 3 patches.

Instead you can have a set for armor, maybe crit resist, health or another proc dedicated to heal you on the fly. Let's not pretend people using procs in pvp are hurting.
    Edited by AgentUriel on May 3, 2021 2:58PM
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really sure. Id like to see the scaling lowered for spell damage. its much harder to get high spell damage on mag that it is to get weapon damage on stam. Stam is already better in pvp then mag. The way things are currently it makes that gap worse.
  • AgentUriel
    AgentUriel
    ✭✭✭
    Not really sure. Id like to see the scaling lowered for spell damage. its much harder to get high spell damage on mag that it is to get weapon damage on stam. Stam is already better in pvp then mag. The way things are currently it makes that gap worse.

I can see your point there. There's already a disparity with how 1v1s perform with stam vs mag and stam usually is the winner. With scaling like this it favors stam and the only stick we may see ppl use will be equipped to a dedicated healer at this rate.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well....So long, Ilambris. I loved you dearly, but now I must throw you away.

I will never be able to reach 6574 damage on my magsorc, even if I did EVERYTHING possible to bring up damage.

It is literally impossible. ....Which should be WRONG. You should ALWAYS set the cap to something that is ATTAINABLE on ALL CLASSES

And yet, monster helms are now worthless in PvE if you're magicka. They will NEVER be competitive in Trial runs, dungeons runs, anything that isn't a basic overworld PvE.

I really hope they change the prices on the Golden so that monster helms only cost 20K gold/alliance points

There is no reason they should cost a fortune if they are inferior to a good chunk of the player base.

They should also make helms drop from normal bosses too

And make it so that it does not cost as much keys from the Undaunted.

There should be NO REASON for monster helms to be locked behind hard or expensive content if they are going to be nerfed this hard.

I understand that PvP needed changes, and I'm happy for them, but the solution was not to shoot magicka PvE players in the foot like this..

Edited by Wolf_Eye on May 4, 2021 3:31AM
  • Jayroo
    Jayroo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the loud minority got their way.
    Edited by Jayroo on May 7, 2021 3:27AM
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This poll is as biased as the entire upcoming patch.
    I am fed up of too many changes at once.
    I am fed up of hammer changes instead of fine-tuning.
    I am fed up of more changes destroying gear.
    I am fed up of more changes destroying Light Armor in PvP.
    I am fed up of more changes destroying different PlaySyles.
    I am fed up of more changes reducing PvE results because of PvP noobs.
    I am EXTREMLY fed up of more changes forcing people to play ALREADY OP STAM in PvP.

Edited by BalticBlues on May 7, 2021 4:09AM
  • MrZeDark
    MrZeDark
    ✭✭✭
    I just really wish they would keep PvE and PvP separate..