The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

List of Issue on PS4 platform

Grymharth
Grymharth
✭✭✭
Dear Zenimax team,

I have never joined before in any discussion in this forums, except when I was a member of the closed beta test group, since March 2013, on another platform, the PC.
At that time I was invited to test the game roughly every three months and played for a few weeks each time. In return, we send back information on issues and glitches.
Even then, there were a lot of problems, but we knew that the game was starting up and that our task was to help the developers.
Many years have passed. I moved elsewhere for work, I switched platforms and now I'm back to play, but on PS4.
What has been going on for months is really ridiculous.
There are too many glitches and with each patch, the game seems to get worse and worse. This is absolutely not fair. Even if it was an internal Zenimax political issue because of Microsoft, or whatever, anyone who bought a subscription is entitled to play the game and expects it to work. I don't care about internal business matters.
I pay for the subscription because I know that this financial support allows the game to be such, and fortunately I have no problem spending my money on my entertainment.
Enough is enough.
I do not forget the patch made during a Bank Holiday when finally many players like me had planned to play and taking relax with ESO, which was never completed in the promised time and made me lose an entire day, which will never be returned to me. Or even refunded. It would have been elegant for Zenimax to offer something to the PS4 players to apologize for their big mistake, but they didn't and they didn't even think about it.
Nothing has changed in this, because even those who participated in the beta testing phase have not been recognized anything. I didn't get any awards or gifts from Bethesda as well at the time.
It is not possible to introduce new features to the game if the previous problems and glitches, which are many, have not been fixed first.
For this reason, I will do as we did during the beta testing phase: I will provide a list of glitches that have not been resolved for at least a year. The real matter is that Zenimax is not anymore in a beta testing phase.

1. Vendors - after the last patch, items sold by various vendors do not automatically disappear from the list. To understand what is being sold or what has been sold, it is necessary to change the screen, for example, from items to be sold to items sold. Dangerous, because you can potentially sell objects without realizing it, and annoying because once you understand the mechanism, it becomes complicated to sell the objects. This bug is also detrimental to the economy of the game, as you need to earn money to buy equipment and items.

2. Guild Bank - More than once I have been frozen and forced to restart the game using the guild bank. You move an object from one inventory to another, and suddenly, everything crashes.

3. Bank - This is something I found common to all three banks, guild, market, and personal. For a couple of months when using the bank the loading of the objects is very long, even minutes, at the limit of the crash or the kick for inactivity. Seriously?

4. Market - The market is one of the best bugs I've ever seen: you can't scroll down or up your inventory, whether you are selling items or wanting to buy them. Again this problem greatly affects the economy of the game. It would have been better to go back to the previous patch immediately rather than postponing any solution to next week. 30% of the game's economy is in selling or buying items.

5. Wayrest - At the end of the descent towards the Undaunted, coming down from the wayshrine, just before reaching the city gate, you get stuck in the animation for about 30 seconds. Potentially should be a slow loading of the environment area.

6. Elden Hollow dungeon - More than once the Chockethorn boss stays in his sapling cocoon without attacking. You can kill him effortlessly.

7. Wayrest sewers dungeon - The entrance door to the area after UUlgarg the hungry often remain sealed for some players, who are forced to go back or wait for the final boss fight to begin.

7. Vault of madness dungeon - The door to the mad architect area, after the Omen, remains sealed and you have to go back or wait a few minutes to open it.

8. Spindleclutch dungeon - At the end of the dungeon, after killing the boss, I was forced to restart several times after being frozen. It's not an unstable connection problem, it's just something that happens with that dungeon.

9. Direfrost keep - Seriously, this left me speechless: I finished the run with a new character very quickly, with the achievement, and while trying to deliver the quest, as soon as I open the dialogue inventory I am thrown out. from the server. Return, complete the quest, and again I was kicked off.

Last but not least: the long loading time of each map and the message "this is an unexpected long loading time..."
Really?

I hope this list will be helpful.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    10. If you start decorating a home, using the housing editor, sometimes the furniture you removed from the house will disappear.
    That is also a serious issue.
    Edited by Grymharth on April 27, 2021 7:36PM
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    11. When you leaving a group after a dungeon (any) you will not go back to where you start the quest.

12. The game freeze often, and you can't even notice until you are kicked out. Today I was crafting items, and suddenly I couldn't do it anymore. I exited the crafting station screen and headed for the door trying to open it unsuccessfully. The animation was normal. Suddenly, I was kicked off from the server.
    Edited by Grymharth on April 27, 2021 7:51PM
  • ruifeio
    ruifeio
    ✭✭✭
    11. If you check the last time some friend or guild member was online you got Woodstok festival dates, more precisely "The Epoch" (Time 0 for UNIX systems, Midnight GMT)
    That was NOT fixed as PlayStation 4 Patch Notes v2.16 annouce it (another mistake)
    Edited by ruifeio on April 28, 2021 6:55AM
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grymharth wrote: »
    10. If you start decorating a home, using the housing editor, sometimes the furniture you removed from the house will disappear.

A few people and myself have been testing this on PS4 with crafted furniture and have been unsuccessful in reproducing this. Could you offer any specific furnishing this has happened with? Any specific house?
    11. When you leaving a group after a dungeon (any) you will not go back to where you start the quest.

12. The game freeze often, and you can't even notice until you are kicked out. Today I was crafting items, and suddenly I couldn't do it anymore. I exited the crafting station screen and headed for the door trying to open it unsuccessfully. The animation was normal. Suddenly, I was kicked off from the server.

When you leave a group after the dungeon is completed, then leave the dungeon, your character will respawn where it was last located, EXCEPT in player housing. Instead it will spawn you outside the entrance of the home.
    ruifeio wrote: »
    11. If you check the last time some friend or guild member was online you got Woodstok festival dates, more precisely "The Epoch" (Time 0 for UNIX systems, Midnight GMT)
    That was NOT fixed as PlayStation 4 Patch Notes v2.16 annouce it (another msitake)

The player has to log in the game and be in “ONLINE” status for this to update. Lots of players play in “OFFLINE” mode. No, I’m not referring to PSN’s on/off mode. In the guild roster at the top left, the player can choose to be shown as offline, do not disturb, away or online. If they have this set to “offline” the roster won’t update. This has been my experience in 4 guilds.
    Edited by Avoranti on April 28, 2021 4:45AM
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    14. Eastmarch - the dialogue between the two NPCs inside the barn where the crafting stations Clothing and Ironsmith have been placed are in reversed order. He replies before she asks a question.
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    You wrote: When you leave a group after the dungeon is completed, then leave the dungeon, your character will respawn where it was last located, EXCEPT in player housing. Instead it will spawn you outside the entrance of the home.

That is exactly what I reported. It is not anymore like this. I respawned in a different location, randomly, but I can admit it was in the same town.
    Edited by Grymharth on April 28, 2021 9:07AM
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    Avoranti wrote: »

A few people and myself have been testing this on PS4 with crafted furniture and have been unsuccessful in reproducing this. Could you offer any specific furnishing this has happened with? Any specific house?

When you leave a group after the dungeon is completed, then leave the dungeon, your character will respawn where it was last located, EXCEPT in player housing. Instead it will spawn you outside the entrance of the home.
    That was NOT fixed as PlayStation 4 Patch Notes v2.16 annouce it (another msitake)

The player has to log in the game and be in “ONLINE” status for this to update. Lots of players play in “OFFLINE” mode. No, I’m not referring to PSN’s on/off mode. In the guild roster at the top left, the player can choose to be shown as offline, do not disturb, away or online. If they have this set to “offline” the roster won’t update. This has been my experience in 4 guilds.

About your last point, it's interesting. While it can't be considered a bug, I believe it's important for a guildmaster to have a clear update on guild player activity. How can he check the last time a friend or guild member was online if this is related to a player's status?
  • ruifeio
    ruifeio
    ✭✭✭
    That was NOT fixed as PlayStation 4 Patch Notes v2.16 annouce it (another mistake)

Not talking about online/offline status
    Talking about dates last online.... 1970/1/1
    That's not aceptable... besides patch notes annouce it as fixed... and it isn´t
    Edited by ruifeio on April 28, 2021 9:50AM
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭

15. Well, https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/571334/housing-glitch-ps4-na-deletes-furnishing-items-when-retrieving-items
    I had the same experience, and even switching toons everything was still gone. Only when I logged back I found that everything was back in the house. Exactly like XoXJulietteXoX wrote.
    This is a glitch, or is it not?
    Edited by Grymharth on April 30, 2021 8:36AM
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    16. About the guild list and friends, please check https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/570983/friends-guild-list-still-broken#latest

It is not fixed yet. Would you like to try to see it by yourself?
    Edited by Grymharth on April 30, 2021 8:36AM
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, this is actually still 100% broken on PS4 NA. I know this 100% for a fact because my main account, which is always in online mode in the guild roster, shows as 625 months offline because a second account I use for additional guild trader listings literally can see my main account in the guild roster showing that way.

The roster updates correctly while you are online, so it can LOOK like other people were online "11 minutes ago", for example. But after 24 hours or less, that very same person who was online "11 minutes ago" is now back to "last online 625 months ago".

This is nothing to do with people showing online/offline in the guild roster, at this point. People in online mode simply are NOT being tracked in any sort of appropriate/convenient manner for tracking/inactive purge purposes.

This has been my experience in 4 guilds.

Edited by DragonRacer on April 28, 2021 3:07PM
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    If everyone agrees on that, I'd like to track all the PS4 glitches in this post.
    Surely it is better to keep all the information in a post instead of having it scattered around the forum.

This is the ESO plus and craft bag
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/572043/eso-plus-and-craft-bag
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    I believe that also the server error logout report is on PS4, but I am not sure.
    I can say that I had a lot of disconnection often.
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to invite all contributing players on this forum to specify on which platform they found the glitches.
    There are massive differences between PS4 and PS5, XBOX, and PC.
    Thank You.
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    17. This looks like to be another glitch after the last patch. Cyrodiil Instance Bug.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/572046/cyrodiil-instance-bug
    Edited by Grymharth on April 30, 2021 8:37AM
  • geng14159
    geng14159
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen most of these on Xbox as well. On Xbox, I've personally seen 1, 4, 7 (vaults one) and 11. And I've had several guild mates report the furnishing issue. The bank and guild bank used to be almost impossible to use due to lag but the most recent patch did fix it (one of the few things I have seen working).

One I hit today (which may be covered by above but thought I would add).

Trade with another player. After adding 2 items to trade, the player can no longer scroll their inventory to see what additional items to trade. The list is actually scrolling but the UI doesn't update. The only work around is to select the current item to add it to the trade. After removing this item, the selection of items has updated and you can see where you are in the list.

I'm not sure if this was the same issue that was "fixed" in the most recent patch but, like so many things in the patch notes, it is still broken.
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    18. Blackheart Haven - PS4 EU I forgot to mention this. Before entering Captain Blackheart's beach, immediately after killing the Hollow Heart, there is a door. This door often does not open and sometimes you have to go back to the previous boss, Roost Mother, and redo the path several times. I remember this bug from the days of the PC, years ago. Never fixed.

so far since the last patch, we have noted "only" 18 glitches, some historical, some new, and very serious. The game is unplayable such as this.
    I wonder why Zenimax decided to ignore the issues and didn't go back to the previous patch, which apparently worked better apart from the frequent lags and crashes.

Regarding the inconvenience of us players and users, I would like to invite you to refer to the below post:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/570975/ps4-extremely-frustrating-bugs-after-todays-patch#latest
    I would like to invite everyone to use that post to express their dissent and displeasure.
    At the same time, please use this post as a bug archive.
    Very pragmatically, if I were a developer, I would find it useful to have a list of problems to solve.
    Zenimax should do it. But if the mountain doesn't go to Mohammed ...
    Edited by Grymharth on April 30, 2021 8:54AM
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Grymharth on April 30, 2021 9:04AM
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This happens to me all the time (I.e., multiple times a day. Sometimes I can run around on the map, not even realizing that my actions are not actually happening as far as the game is concerned. And then suddenly I lose my connection to the game. Other times, my actions freeze me in place, not allowing me to move, for several minutes, after which the game crashes.

And I’m on PC NA, not console.

• Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    19. Cyrodil - The gold seller listed the same items at 2 different prices. Several items of different sets are listed, 2 for each set, but all are listed as necklaces. I believe that one object is a ring, the other a necklace, due to the different price. One is listed for 150k, the other 300k.
    It is quite confusing.
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    20. Selene's Web - A little while ago I started the dungeon, I tried to change the voice channel from the group channel to my guild channel 1, and suddenly both, the group channel and the guild channel, disappeared from the list, and not even connected with someone else.
    To fix the problem I was forced to restart the game.
    I point out that this is not the first time this has happened to me on Selene's Web, it had happened to me before.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stealth attacks do not do the bonus damage or stun for me.

Not sure what the issue is.
  • Rugby_hook
    Rugby_hook
    ✭✭✭
    PS5/PS4 dungeon Finder doesn't work and then won't let you leave queue or group
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (...)
    7. Wayrest sewers dungeon - The entrance door to the area after UUlgarg the hungry often remain sealed for some players, who are forced to go back or wait for the final boss fight to begin.

7. Vault of madness dungeon - The door to the mad architect area, after the Omen, remains sealed and you have to go back or wait a few minutes to open it.
    (...)
    From my experience those dungeon issues happen when players still have the "in combat" status, often a result of ignoring taunted mobs until the bosses doing speed runs.
    The options that always worked for the groups where I was in:
    - killing the taunted mob
    - crouch and hide until you loose the taunt
    - die and rez.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    (...)

(...)
    From my experience those dungeon issues happen when players still have the "in combat" status, often a result of ignoring taunted mobs until the bosses doing speed runs.
    The options that always worked for the groups where I was in:
    - killing the taunted mob
    - crouch and hide until you loose the taunt
    - die and rez.

That's not what I reported.
    I know perfectly well that if you are in combat you have to complete it in order to access the next area.
    After all, you can see if you are in combat by opening the map screen, which would appear red.
    This is about doors that don't open, and this problem hasn't been solved for at least 6 years.
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    21. Darkshade Caverns II - Yesterday, right after the first boss, the Fallen Foreman, before the wooden plank walkway, each enemy of the mobs' group I started to fight became transparent or hidden. All the members of my group confirmed they saw the same thing, transparent mobs.
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    22. Windhelm Crafting Writs - This happens randomly once in a week only with my third toon, so far. When I finished my daily crafting writs I cannot reach the third writ box on the left side in the quartermaster area, the enchanter delivery crate. This box appears to be below the others. Sometimes I was forced to restart the game to fix it. For me, it was always this box, the third one.
    EDIT: I had the same problem today with a different delivery crate, even with another character.
    Edited by Grymharth on May 3, 2021 12:19PM
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    23. Graphic darkness - I am reporting a bug that I have been made aware of that happens to one of my Guild Master. He has a lot of toons, but with one he has a strange issue: sometimes the graphic becomes dark, so dark that he cannot see the mobs or even the World around, basically cannot play. The only way to fix it he found so far is to die or log out. He told me that this happens only with that toon, but basically every time he starts using it. He doesn't have time to join the forum to report it, even because it is complicated to join it now. (BTW I am wondering why using a ticket to join the forum instead to link the permission to the player account?)
  • Grymharth
    Grymharth
    ✭✭✭
    24. Guild Voice Chat - At the end of the day in the user's chat list in the guild voice chat, you can still see many names, even if the players have logged out and are no longer active. From what I understand, all players who logged in during your game session remain active on this list. The list refreshes when and if you log out of the game and log back in.