The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 30 - Feedback Thread for Blackwood Zone & Quests

• Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with other posters in this thread. Please add MORE wayshrines to Blackwood. This map is already way larger in scale than any previous zones. It's giving me serious cyrodiil horse simulator vibes just running around, and worst thing is most of it is empty fields just like Cyrodiil!

Base game zones are smaller and yet have 12-13 wayshrines on average, and most are located near quest hubs, towns, delves and WBs. I strongly suggest placing more wayshrines in Blackwood that are nearer to such locations just purely for player QOL.

I would suggest looking at the data comparing number of dragons being fought in Northern vs Southern Elsweyr. I'd bet that on average player engagement numbers are MUCH higher in Southern Elsweyr simply due to the fact that the dragon spawns are much nearer to the wayshrines and thus much more accessible. The same goes for Harrowstorms in Western Skyrim vs the Reach. I'm willing to bet that the ones in the Reach have more players doing them. In fact it got so bad last year that you guys had to add an entirely new wayshrine in Western Skyrim after launch just to allow easier access to the northern harrowstorm/delve!

I have sketched locations of new wayshrines that I think would be good. In general, they will be placed to allow quick access to quest hubs, WBs, delves and public dungeons, and bring the number up to the average at least. I hope to see this improved soon, thanks.

8mk5983jo1j8.png

P.S. Consider marking oblivion portals on the map, finding them in such a huge empty zone is just tedious, thanks. Just like how you guys decided to mark active harrowstorms only after a year of complaining.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am concerned by a couple of things...

1. Lack of overland content. I know to expect this, but after CP2077, my interpretation is that this chapter is not as ready, for where we are on the calendar, as recent chapters. Please don't "CDPR" this chapter.

2. I am finding a high degree of invisible walls this time around. I get that we have to be caged in the zone, but the placement is often strange or out of place. There is a section up in the middle north along the water where there is an obvious invisible wall, but it is a mere 10-20 feet from a rock cliff that I would not be able to climb, anyway. I should be able to walk along the cliff, while kept securely in the zone by the cliff, but cannot. Can I expect more invisible walls keeping me away from other places that I cannot climb? Is this related to the item above? Is this chapter being rushed out to meet a deadline, so someone is just slapping down invisible fences because that is the quick and easy way to go?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ajkb78
    ajkb78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've put this in the Blackwood quests thread because there isn't an official thread for feedback on the new tutorial quest.

The tutorial itself is no better or worse than any of the others. It teaches light attacking, heavy attacking, blocking and using off balance to stun. It teaches you about skyshards, allows you a little bit of basic open world combat, offers you a little bit of lore from the bookcases and a few urns to loot, and gives you a weapon and a couple of basic rewards, also gets you up to level 3.

I like the choice of weapons available in this tutorial, it was always a bit odd that the only weapon provided in previous tutorials was a greatsword. And it's nice to see a bit of Balfiera Isle, a bit of Tamriel we haven't seen before.

I don't like the segue into the questlines, at least if you choose the alliance starter zones. It dumps you in (say) Khenarthi's Roost and the first dialogue you have is with Raz where he talks about the hurricane. It's all very disjointed and confusing, and if you choose that quest path it doesn't give you the introduction to the Molag Bal questline that you get from the Wailing Prison quest. And then what happens when you clear the starter zone, go to Vulkhel Guard as directed at the end of the Khenarthis Roost questline, meet the Benefactor and go through that whole loop ending up on Khenarthis Roost again having done the Wailing Prison quest out of sequence? Now you understand the hurricane that Raz was talking about at the start, because it's just happened, but this time he isn't talking to you about how you were rescued from the hurricane. Still more confusing. It's like Sheogorath had a hand in setting that sequence up.

If you choose the portal to one of the alliance starter zones from the tutorial, it should drop you at Vulkhel Guard, Davon's Watch or Daggerfall and put you right by the Benefactor so that you get drawn into the Soul Shriven in Coldharbour / Wailing Prison quest and get the correct introduction to Molag Bal, the Prophet and Lyris. After doing that quest and being transported back to Tamriel through the Prophet's wayward portal, being washed up on the starter island makes perfect sense.

And to be honest I feel new players should be steered towards the original main quest anyway, because then they understand the questing side of the game better through playing it in chronological order. I remember when I first started I had the Vvardenfell tutorial and I was very confused about what was going on until I accidentally found my way to Vulkhel Guard and stumbled on the Benefactor. It might actually be a good idea to get rid of all the other tutorials and go back to dumping new players in Vulkhel Guard, Daggerfall or Davon's Watch so they start with the OG quests. If they're desperate to skip everything in between and go and explore a DLC chapter zone at the start then they can always wayshrine there.
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Completed writs quests, in Leyawiin, to get a layout of the crafting stations but did not find a writ turn-in area in the city. Will you be putting those in the city? It's crazy to have the convenience of doing the writs there and then have to travel to another zone to turn in your writs.

There is a writ turn in. I can't remember exactly where; the map didn't update with quest markers until I got closer to it but it's not too far away from the crafting area and wasn't through any doors. It's a line of boxes in little spots that look like vendor stalls along a wall. I love it. I'll probably be moving my characters here.

Thank you! I really hope they update the "Show on Map" to point to these turn in locations because it is still showing the map of my alliance zone turn in.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A very small and probably meaningless complaint but here goes - you can see White-Gold Tower off in the distance in some places in Blackwood but why doesn’t it have a dark anchor over the top of it like it does in central Cyro? Is this post Planemeld and time has definitely moved on or is this still 2E 582 and there’s still an anchor over the tower?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • HumbleThaumaturge
    HumbleThaumaturge
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did not see a thread for the new tutorial. I hope it's okay to post feedback on this thread.

I created a new character and completed the new tutorial. Wow, wow, wow. I think it is the best tutorial yet.

I vividly remember playing through the original tutorial when the game launched in "early access." (Was it March 30, 2014?). I have played all of the newer tutorials, either on PTS or "live," and I think, until now, the original tutorial was the best at orienting the new player. However, this latest tutorial is the best one yet (IMO).

This tutorial seems to be really focused on the brand new player, who is starting the game with absolutely no idea of how it's played. The instruction is systematic and nearly perfect at getting the new player oriented to game play. I would guess that the designers were using a list of skills and knowledge for the new player. The NPC gives many, many helpful hints.

I quite like the artwork and voice acting. The final destination in the tutorial is quite interesting. I think it's great that the tutorial gives better instruction on going to one of three "training islands," while allowing the choice to start the game in other Zones. Personally, I think it is best for the new player to go to the training island of their Alliance. But its great the game gives everyone a choice.

It's probably too late for any changes, but . . . it might be nice if the NPC (Norianwe) made a few instructional statements to the new player about:
    - Urns and pots can be looted and might contain helpful items.
    - If found armor should be equipped (practice with Inventory management screen).
    - The meaning of a Red circle around hostiles.

Other observations:
    - The newer tutorials had armor pieces (light, medium, and heavy) lying around. I did not find any such armor pieces in this tutorial (in racks or on tables), but I did get some armor pieces from urns and pots. Did I just not see the armor pieces? Are they somewhere out in the open waiting to be picked up?
    - It might be good to have one Simple chest to lockpick, but I suppose that might be trivial compared to the more important learning?

I would love to watch some brand new players (ages 8 to 80) experience this tutorial and comment. Experienced players really cannot give the feedback needed.

Great job on this new tutorial quest! Again, beautiful artwork and great voice acting too.
  • HumbleThaumaturge
    HumbleThaumaturge
    ✭✭✭✭
    ajkb78 wrote: »
    I've put this in the Blackwood quests thread because there isn't an official thread for feedback on the new tutorial quest.

I posted a comment on the new tutorial without first reading the post by ajkb78. That posts make some really good points about story progression. My post was really focused on the effectiveness of learning game-play basics. I really like how the new tutorial as it relates to just this. I was thinking only about skills, not about orienting the new player to lore and story.

I like the idea of going to a training island first thing . . . because the islands are designed to learn basic solo game skills like: (1) how to accept and complete quests; (2) how to use the map; (3) how to interact with the environment and characters; and (4) combat, of course. But ajkb78 makes good points about how effective the original tutorial (the prison escape) was in drawing the new player into the story. I'll think about it some more.

I would be interested to compare two groups of brand new players: (1) Those who did the training island and prison escape first; and (2) those who went to one of the Expansion/DLC zones first.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Other observations:
    - The newer tutorials had armor pieces (light, medium, and heavy) lying around. I did not find any such armor pieces in this tutorial (in racks or on tables), but I did get some armor pieces from urns and pots. Did I just not see the armor pieces? Are they somewhere out in the open waiting to be picked up?
    - It might be good to have one Simple chest to lockpick, but I suppose that might be trivial compared to the more important learning?

There is a whole room full of armour. You may have missed it because that is where the tutorial directs us to sneak past the golem who is banging on the armoury door. The door to the armoury room is locked, providing a chance to use the lock picks found from looting urns (or just pressing R). A bit of bad design there I think, unless they're actually trying to train the players to ignore the in-game instructions and the white arrows, and just explore everything for themselves.
    PC EU
  • GoldenBanjo
    found a bug with 'the ghostwriter of giovesse' quest. can progress as the area i need to interact with is in the ground jx165voh70yu.png
  • GoldenBanjo
    found a bug with 'the ghostwriter of giovesse' quest. can progress as the area i need to interact with is in the ground jx165voh70yu.png

well logoff and logged back on fix it
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, I made a new (non-template) Sorc, grabbed crown food, tripots, horse feed and inventory upgrades from PTS Crown Store and did the Blackwood main questline with no (other) cheats. I encountered only some cosmetic bugs and things not done yet *) but the excessive running and riding around with fully fed horse but no Wild Hunt ring or Continuous Attack felt really tiresome. I'd guess a new players have to be able to do it but for me on lowbie char with letsjustignore gear every fight felt trivial. Unfortunately have to rank it Not Bad but Painfully Average. The whole thing felt like 98% travelling and 2% questing. Don't do that! I had experience scroll active most time and finished at lv14.

Zone obviously needs several more wayshrines. And it felt rather empty, except when I had the twins as followers, they tried their best to run around me and be annoying when I tried to fight trash.

*) Nothing that blocked progress, had to /reloadui like once. At end Mehrunes Dagon appearing and his (I assume) butthurt speech was missing as was applause at celebration. For me this time was much more stabile than Western Skyrim was at initially on PTS.

I have not yet done any side stuff but entered thru a random portal to the public dungeon and what I assume was the public event? There was the big invulnerable guy who did lots of red and adds with little damage and had some kind of mechanic not enough of many players present knew at the same time. After being stuck in that futile fight for half an hour or so I let myself die rezed at wayshrine and walked out of the mess.
    Edited by rpa on April 22, 2021 11:31AM
  • HumbleThaumaturge
    HumbleThaumaturge
    ✭✭✭✭

Other observations:

There is a whole room full of armour. You may have missed it because that is where the tutorial directs us to sneak past the golem who is banging on the armoury door. The door to the armoury room is locked, providing a chance to use the lock picks found from looting urns (or just pressing R). A bit of bad design there I think, unless they're actually trying to train the players to ignore the in-game instructions and the white arrows, and just explore everything for themselves.

Thanks Raddlman! I totally missed it. I will run the tutorial again today and make sure to check the Armory.

I would suggest that a Quest-step (with quest pointer) be added to ensure that the new player enters the Armory. Then, perhaps, have the NPC give a little instruction on the uses of the three armor classes (light, medium, and heavy).
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chose to port out from the new tutorial to Stros M'Kai, arriving on the docks. This points the new player at the quest giver Captain Kaleen. The hooded figure is nowhere to be seen. If the new player takes Kaleen's quests, and follows that questline from Stros to Betnikh, and then goes on to Daggerfall, they will at last meet the hooded figure. If the player then does the Soul Shriven in Coldharbour quest, as I did, this will drop them right back where they started in Stros M'Kai. What a confusing mess.

I also picked Stros M'kai and thought the story progression was odd. Maybe the hooded figure should be moved there or we should start off escaping Coldharbour and get washed up there like we used to? The final Betnikh quest is only able to be completed because you don't have a soul (also a plot point in other starter zones), which is not established via this Balfiera tutorial. You're just told you're 'The Chosen One'. I mean this is a problem now because you don't have to start in Coldharbour, but personally I think I would have been really confused being told I'm soulless and then losing it again when I get to Daggerfall?

It's been suggested before, but some sort of story helper for new players would be really helpful I think. We often get new players in our guild who love questing ask or search online for the chronological zone progression because they get confused after they do things "out of order".

Also, the tutorial itself is nicely made and I loved seeing Balfiera Isle, but it would be great to be able to pick whatever tutorial we want to start with instead of having to be 'The Chosen One'. It's a shame all the others are gone now, I really liked some of them! Or at least maybe take us to that tutorial area when we pick the door for it?

As for the other questions:
    • I've done the first main quest and part of the second, it is a lot of running around as others have said. Felt more like 2-3 quests in one. I did enjoy it from what I saw so far, though!
    • I completed Alchemy's quest alongside a friend and we both loved it! Very happy to have Alchemy back, and it was a nice touch to have Enigma, Feathermoth, and Clever there if we had previously done the appropriate quests (any reason Firebird was left out and replaced with Bombast though?). And we want to thank you so much for adding more to the Saga of Captain Wereshark because that's one of our favourite lorebook series (even if we remain highly skeptical of "Neramo the Mad Mage" :D )
    • I did pick up Mirri as a companion and I found that she had a tendency to wander around in the background of quest dialogue which I found kind of distracting, or even walk into the NPC I was talking to and smother them. Combat-wise she wasn't hugely helpful (killed a base game world boss with her and did a delve boss), but I wasn't expecting her to be as the character I was playing has pretty high damage and I only got her to level 3. I've enjoyed her little comments during travel and am interested to see what quests she'll give me.
    • And a possible bug I found: is Welke supposed to be open before you do the Main Quest there? I wandered in out of curiousity before I knew it was a quest location and it turned into Hotel California. Spent 10 minutes trying to work out how to get out because the door I came through wouldn't let me leave so I assumed there was a puzzle, /stuck wouldn't work, and I was forced to manually port out.

That's all I can think of right now but I'm sure I'll hop back on later in the testing cycle!
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Other observations:

Huh. I missed that. I was focused on the fact that there wasn't actually a golem to sneak by. At least, not that I could see.
  • HumbleThaumaturge
    HumbleThaumaturge
    ✭✭✭✭

Other observations:

Based on Raddleman's post, I created a new character and completed the tutorial quest ("The Gates of Adamant") a second time. As Raddleman stated, there is, indeed, an armory with armor pieces for the new player. I totally missed it during my first time through the tutorial. You see, the tutorial itself leads the player to bypass the Armory. The NPC (Norianwe) tells us "One of the stray Golems. We might want to sneak past it." Then a screen-prompt appears instructing us to "Press X to Sneak." Well, gee, my first time through the tutorial . . . when Norianwe suggests sneaking, I snuck (sneaked?)! Because I followed her lead, I totally missed the armory.

Okay, learning when and how to sneak are VERY important and absolutely must be included in the game's tutorial. However, learning about armor is, perhaps, more important. I would like to see the tutorial modified so the new player is forced to enter the armory. It has a lock on the door, so the player would need some picks. I got several from urns and pots, but perhaps the NPC could give the new player a few picks? Inside the armory, there is a collection of light, medium, and heavy armor, although the waist pieces (sash, belt, and girdle) seem to be missing.

I would suggest placing a book on the central table inside the armory . . . that very briefly describes basic considerations for the three armor types (light, medium, heavy). Maybe just one standard book page, or less.

So, perhaps the sneaking tutorial could be moved to a different location? And a quest-step could be added to enter the Armory?

I think the new tutorial is the best one yet in terms of orienting the new player to fundamentals of game-play. I understand some the concerns about wanting to orient the new player to the lore and the story after exiting the tutorial, but I think the tutorial itself will do an excellent (systematic) job of launching the brand new player into the game. Again, the artwork and voice acting are great. I loved the gates in the Keywright's Gallery.
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 3:41PM
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    Why so gloomy Blackwood? Needs more sunshine, makes me sad.

Invisible walls everywhere.

/end critique

:disappointed:

I came here to post this basically, it's much too grey and grey-green. It is missing that pop of colour that zones like Summerset and Elseweyr have.

I can see how this zones climate is very wet. I think it maybe needs some autumn colour or some kind of colourful flower to break up the monotony. Even like white lilies everywhere or something just to give it another colour.

I haven't travelled the whole zone but i"ll get there eventually.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some general feedback:

I ran around the zone and I constantly felt like there's nothing there. More towards the Cyrodiil/Leyawiin side it seemed like there were large open spaces without anything besides plants. No critters, no enemies; The zone feels empty.
    Most of the enemies are in the swampy places to the east, but even then there are large stretches, off the roads, that were surprisingly empty.

I'll go back in later, maybe take some pictures of places that need some life added to them.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froil wrote: »
    Some general feedback:

I ran around the zone and I constantly felt like there's nothing there. More towards the Cyrodiil/Leyawiin side it seemed like there were large open spaces without anything besides plants. No critters, no enemies; The zone feels empty.
    Most of the enemies are in the swampy places to the east, but even then there are large stretches, off the roads, that were surprisingly empty.

I'll go back in later, maybe take some pictures of places that need some life added to them.

They aren't done...
    Resource nodes and critters are not yet fully implemented across the entirety of Blackwood.

Frankly, I don't think they are ready for PTS, yet. I think they needed a week or two more to finish up a little more. I am half surprised that they don't have placeholder VO, still.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

They aren't done...
    Resource nodes and critters are not yet fully implemented across the entirety of Blackwood.

Frankly, I don't think they are ready for PTS, yet. I think they needed a week or two more to finish up a little more. I am half surprised that they don't have placeholder VO, still.

That's not a good sign though.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • phantasmalD
    phantasmalD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    Cireous wrote: »
    Why so gloomy Blackwood? Needs more sunshine, makes me sad.

Invisible walls everywhere.

/end critique

:disappointed:

I came here to post this basically, it's much too grey and grey-green. It is missing that pop of colour that zones like Summerset and Elseweyr have.

I can see how this zones climate is very wet. I think it maybe needs some autumn colour or some kind of colourful flower to break up the monotony. Even like white lilies everywhere or something just to give it another colour.

I haven't travelled the whole zone but i"ll get there eventually.

Around Fort Redmane, up north, you can see some autumn colours, all kinds of orange-ish trees and many flowers.

Actually felt kind of jarring the first time I rode all the way up there, felt like I was in the Rift
    Edited by phantasmalD on April 23, 2021 12:04AM
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have any other general feedback?

I thought him a nice surprise/feature:)

5tXkkAz.jpg

Edited by Eporem on April 23, 2021 12:15AM
  • arisenlicious
    arisenlicious
    ✭✭
    During the main quest line while fighting in Ft. Redmane, Dagon doesn't show up at all. And some of his dialogue and subtitles are missing.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope this doesn't come across as pedantic nitpicking, but please could you provide a worm incentive to the annoying crow that's permanently sat on Zenithar's head to get it to move to a more suitable perching location?

I was looking forward to appreciating this beautiful statue that the team has created every time that I pass it, but the crow is very distracting and seems inappropriately placed (and makes a lot of annoying caw caws!) that's already surprisingly annoying.

ktdmAtP.png
    rON62Zz.png

please remove birb.
    I dont think that is Zenithar. It is probably Kaladas, as he is depicted with the Mace of the Crusader that was given to him by Zenithar.
  • RiverBrian
    RiverBrian
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by RiverBrian on April 24, 2021 6:24PM
  • MehrunesRazor
    MehrunesRazor
    ✭✭✭
    After playing the PTS for the first real time to test out the Blackwood chapter and playing through the missions to get both companions and train one of them up to level 10 in their weapon skill, I think the companion system is probably geared more toward newer players than those with max level characters and have completed the main story already or even more than once.

Two quick reasons among many is that as far as i could tell, I wasn't able to upgrade any of the companions gear from white to red, instead you currently have to rely on random drops to create an all blue set for instance, and then probably grind more for the matching traits etc, as opposed to the endgamer friendly stickerbook. Having a master crafter is of no benefit in the new companions system so far as i can tell. Another reason is that they disappear in group content, and I already know how much time I would need to spend doing overland content to ever level them to a sufficient place. It will level naturally for new players though if they are going through the main story.

The one useful skill, outside of the heals was the bombard shot, which after leveling miri to be able to do eet, was either the ai not firing it at the correct priority or it was lackluster and not worth it if it was working as intended. Idk about it, it was hard to tell.

Bastian seemed like he might be the tank but since Im the lead when i charge in he snatches the target back to him away from me and im just sorta wishing i could tell him where to charge.

Also, I dont really need a tank on the spec i tested so i didn't get a chance to really try it as thoroughly as i could have. So yea wish one two and three would be to tell him to charge in and then he starts with the chains if hes gonna tank thx.

The only other thing i really wish could be better are the dps benefit, I was really hoping for a reliable cc/status effect that could add to the burst, so I told myself to come here and leave a nice, helpful feedback and just ask for companions in the future that can just boost my crit and not complain so much, that's wish one two and three thx.

Other than that, I think being able to put a helmet on these companions would go a long way.

Hopefully, you guys might take a look at whether you really want to nag players about standing still, I really dont know what that's about or why that would be added to an otherwise relaxing, pressure free game.

I have things to do that pop up and i leave the screen or look at one of my other screens or do some work or anything, and my companion starts nagging about something. I'll join a real group if i want to have to move on someone else's time schedule.

The last thing I thought to myself before putting the game aside till the next update was that when the chapter comes out im gonna have to remember i might have to unsummon certain companions after every mission. Easy but avoidable workaround, i guess.

Hope u guys at ZOS are having a blast continuiong on with the greatest elderscrolls edition to date, so far for the new chap id say not bad, could be better for endgamers, maybe. Keep up the good work.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug - An Abundance of Stibbons
    The door into the second section of the North Vestry is bugged, and doesn't go anywhere. Activating it puts you back outside the same door.

Wayshrines
    Agreed on the Wayshrines comments. At the very least there needs to be one extra near Hutan-Tzel which is in good proximity for the village, the Crafting Site, and the Doomvault delve. Just south of the village would be good.

I also think the Redmayne one could be moved further to the east so it better covers the Arpenia dungeon, the crafting site, the two group bosses and the Public Dungeon. This could become a "Zenithar's Abbey" Wayshrine instead - Redmayne itself only needs to be visited once.

Having two in Leyawiin is also completely unnecessary (just like having two in Evermore is unnecessary).

Tutorial
    I've seen this in other threads already, but I'll add to the voices here as well - the flow into the Alliance Zones and the Main Story is pretty bad with the new tutorial, as you can choose an Alliance Story starter island, but when you complete the starter islands and end up in the first city, you'll get the Hooded Figure giving you the Main Quest and then end up right back on the starter islands again.

It would make more sense to go to the first main city of the Alliance Zones from the Keywright's Gallery, rather than the starter islands, thereby putting you right in front of the Hooded Figure, and then you'll end up on the starter islands after completing the Coldharbour intro quest.

Either that, or you should end up in the first main city again after completing the Coldharbour intro quest (as was the case between launch and Update 10), rather than the starter islands, but that requires changing the ending of Soul Shriven in Coldharbour again, and discounts the quests on the starter islands which are directly based on you having no soul.
    Edited by Enodoc on April 24, 2021 7:54PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just went through the Doomvault delve and all of the containers were empty. Could be that loot tables just haven't been added in there yet but it's important for delves, public dungeons etc. have lootable containers as going in there for blueprints and overland drops are part of their purpose and they're devalued without them.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have any other general feedback?

Three.

1) The zone needs more wayshrines.

2) Did I miss something? But are resource nodes turned off? I can't seem to find any.

3) I went riding around for an hour looking for an oblivion portal, maybe make them more noticeable from far away?

• ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This may be a small thing. But when entering Deepscorn Hollow Caverns, Bastian makes a comment along the lines of "Wonder what this place is. Doesn't look Dwarven."

Now, why would someone exploring a cave in Southern Cyrodiil say that?

I would get that if you were entering some cavern in Skyrim, Morrowind, or Hammerfell, that upon discovering older structures, the inclination would be to say "Is it Dwarven?" But in Southern Cyrodiil???

Please consider adjusting the line to "Doesn't look Ayleid" or something more appropriate for the region.