The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bastian or Mirri?

Athan1
Athan1
✭✭✭✭✭
Which companion would you prefer? Yes I know most people will get both but if you had money for only one, which one would you choose? (Bastian is the Imperial dude and Mirri the Dunmer dudette).
Edited by Athan1 on April 12, 2021 5:12AM
Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr

Bastian or Mirri? 321 votes

Bastian
33%
CireousDarcyMardinAlurriassewallb14_ESOLisaSeptimus_Magnapingpatb16_ESOSheezabeastAldia_of_DrangleicJoanOfOrcElvenheartKarminathevampactoshAsysCendrillion21RomoLady_SleeplessVDoom1Parasaurolophusmolecule 109 votes
Mirri
47%
SirAndySeadlevailjohn_ESOlordxyrax_ESODean340milesrodneymcneely2_ESOlordspyderStxOthniel327daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOGederictspecherb14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESOninibiniCyberOnEsoDrembo14_ESOguulorion_1981usub17_ESOphaneub17_ESOMalthorne 151 votes
None
19%
ck37090Belegnoledcam86b14_ESOThorntongueNirntrotteriyxhondelinkdvonpmNinrod86Larianacode65536waterfairyCloudlessLadyNalcaryaHämähäkkiChrysa1isFischblutIntegral1900AntonShanGreasytengu 61 votes
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    None
    Neither. This is something I have no interest in. Definitely don't want them in dungeons or trials.
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    None
    Athan1 wrote: »
    Which companion would you prefer? Yes I know most people will get both but if you had money for only one, which one would you choose?

dont know who is what
  • Jayroo
    Jayroo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bastian
    Well since I can't have a preference based on utility considering we know literally nothing and choosing based on made up assumptions is sorta silly, I'd have to say...

Bastian, cuz well look at him ;)
    Edited by Jayroo on April 12, 2021 5:11AM
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bastian
    Jayroo wrote: »
    Bastian, cuz well look at him ;)
    Who cares about skills, he'll be my char's bf, he's hot :D
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mirri
    I figure my Imperial main needs a complement for story purposes. If I can't get Naryu, I might as well go with the closest thing.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mirri
    Looks like a more roguelike one plus also a dunmer which is always welcomed.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mirri
    My Main is a Dunmer and so is she.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bastian
    Probably Bastian because he looks more like a tanky dude, I plan on using the companion as tank/debuffer so I can dps without having to dodge/block boss attacks.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Companions are quest dropped not crown store bought, so I don't think the "have money for both" is a good reasoning to choose between them
    Edited by zvavi on April 12, 2021 6:13AM
  • Eccentric_Vampire
    Eccentric_Vampire
    ✭✭✭
    None
    I mean it's not that I don't like them or anything, they'll probably end up growing on me and I'll end up using both. It's just that neither of them stand out to me too much and I can't wait to see what other options for companions we'll have in the future.
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as we don't know which skill we could equip and what kind of personality has each, it's hard to tell.

Would Bastian facepalm every 3s if you run a thief-assassin, which would prevent him to level ?
    Would Mirri expect you to steal and murder everyone in sight, and wouldn't level if you don't ?

It's pretty clear Bastian is a DK, what class is Mirri ?
    Are companions restricted to some weapon types, or can they use any ?
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    None
    I will give both of them a chance. But if I had to spend money on a companion and had a choice, I would like to have a Dunmer or Altmer scholar.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    None
    Neither. This is something I have no interest in. Definitely don't want them in dungeons or trials.

This. I just want to know if we have to put up with fake players in our daily random dungeons along with fake tanks.
  • Abelon
    Abelon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bastian
    This one finds his Imperial face... pleasing to the eye...

A Khajiit would be optimal of course. But until then the handsome man will have to do.
  • LanteanPegasus
    LanteanPegasus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bastian
    Since I'm pretty allergic (to put it friendly) to all this "oh-so-kewwwl" assassin stuff, not to mention the "oh-sooo-kewwwl" Dunmer-assassin stuff (I really despise Naryu) I have zero interest in Mirri as she's advertised so far. I'd like to play the game with my companion, not constantly roll my eyes, facepalm, and endure dialogues written for some wannabe anarchists.

That said, Bastian sounds like an interesting addition to my one-person party so far, so I'm looking forward to meeting him!
    Edited by LanteanPegasus on April 12, 2021 6:46AM
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bastian
    It's hard to choose without knowing their personalities, but I have a suspicion that Mirri may be your stereotypical edgy Dunmer gal and that place is taken by my character :p
  • Xanathos
    Xanathos
    ✭✭✭
    Bastian
    Also hard to choose, as i play mainly tanks and healers. But for solo play as my DD i decide on Bastian.
  • Orion_89
    Orion_89
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bastian
    Aren't they were Bastion and Marry? Glad ZOS changed their names.

I vote for man, really like them both.
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bastian
    My main has her story. She is Altmer, she is fighting for the Dominion. She can't really trust a Dunmer. So, an Imperial is quite a good choice: he is not bound by any Alliance.

But if all the races were available, I'd prefer a Khajiit.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    If they cant carry my stuff answer is none.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • DreadDaedroth
    DreadDaedroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None
    Gimme argonian :s
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too early to say.
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bastian
    Bastian may be an issue if he facepalms every time I commit crimes, but I'll just need to live a double-life unknown to my virtual husband.
  • LalMirchi
    LalMirchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We wants a Khajiit <3
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mirri
    Not going to lie, thought she was called Mary.....was like....a dark elf called Mary.....who is smoking what at the office?? lol
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirri
    Wait, she's not the cat lady from the Weatherlight? I'm disappointed.

7f7b6d78-4c18-4f96-9f0c-53a5c81aa6f9.jpg
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on April 17, 2021 1:18AM
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Both, clearly at different times or on different Alts...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bastian
    I play all female characters so of course Bastian. But honestly, I'd prefer a Dark Elf male that looks like the Scarlett Judge Melar Sadus (steamy hot). I hope they don't stop at these two. I don't do dungeons or trials. Overland is plenty of content for me but it does get lonely wandering Tamriel as a do gooder without someone by your side. And I'd love to have a Khajiit companion too.
    Edited by Sevalaricgirl on April 12, 2021 10:36AM
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see both. It is possible that I will use different companion on different characters. Or in different zones. Taking dunmer Mary to the Daggerfall Castle may be dangerous.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know much about them right now so can't tell.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!