The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Snipe + Sneak no longer stunning any enemy?

• Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did we lose weapon swapping? If you're bow/bow you're gonna have it harder than the typical bow/2H. They can pew pew and swing away. Or did you crutch so hard on desyncs that you never learned to actually fight in melee?

I tried to learn how to PVP in melee as a Templar but my jabs seemed to never connect and as a night blade i would be killed in 0.5 seconds by 5 attacks from 1 player. I hate the melee combat system in pvp it makes no sense, relies on broken builds and set bonuses and people abusing a bug (animation cancelling) to do more damage, mix this with fps drops, stutters or network lag and it just feels bad. I've sniped people who die in 2 snipes and ive snipped people 10 times who stand there looking at me taking next to no damage before they come and near enough one shot me in melee. When i go bow/dw-2h i feel like i don't have enough kit in either option and can't match the meta builds out there.

I will say for the first time in 20 years of playing mmo's WOW's ranged combat now feels much much better than eso's broken and nerfed useless and utterly pointless in taking bow nowadays.
    I was once Banned for making a game criticism. Think about that.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate the melee combat system in pvp it makes no sense, relies on broken builds and set bonuses and people abusing a bug (animation cancelling) to do more damage, mix this with fps drops, stutters or network lag and it just feels bad. I've sniped people who die in 2 snipes and ive snipped people 10 times who stand there looking at me taking next to no damage before they come and near enough one shot me in melee. When i go bow/dw-2h i feel like i don't have enough kit in either option and can't match the meta builds out there.

You do know that right now in Cyrodiil we're only using 20ish sets with no procs right now. There aren't really any broken builds out there and snipe builds can be strong.

Just don't snipe the warden with shimmering shield up. It absorbs the projectile and helps them build ultimate.

I've been using 5 hulking draugr, 5 spriggans, 1 kra'gh, and 1 kena and it's worked pretty well in non cp. There are other builds out there as well, check out @Dr_Ganknstein 's YouTube channel.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow is balanced now. The [snip] snipe desync from stealth playstyle had no counterplay. Your characters freeze and was died 2 secconds later by 4 snipes from 28m. How is that good PvP?

[snip]

Tell me how does a bow deal with a melee DPS or spell DPS that can lcose the gap and gank them in a second or spam roll all their bow attacks? Bow skill line is boring asf and has no burse now but has all the vulnerability of a medium armoured ranged class. this is not world of warcraft you can't perma daze and slow people from 40m range

Just like every other weapon; use your abilities (which work perfectly fine at point blank range), slot some defensive skills, and prepare to dodge, block, LOS, heal, just like every other weapon user must.

Wait are you trying to compare BOW in Melee to Dual Wield or 2H?

No, I am saying that every weapon (and class) ought to have options for close quarters combat. If you opt for bow/bow and just hope that aggressive opponents will not engage in melee, that's not the game's or the weapon's fault that you are struggling.
    Edited by Joy_Division on March 21, 2021 7:22PM
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    If this is true, and it doesn't stun anymore, then that's a awful change.
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spearpoint wrote: »

Or the best change ever
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Besides the no stun from snipe it doesnt dismount players anymore to. Now with the new CP-2.0 mount travel speed is so fast that after 2 snipes your target is out of range. I tried stun poisons but its bugged or doesnt trigger on the first hit. And no-proc PvP locked many good sets for a bow user.
  • RandomKodiak
    RandomKodiak
    ✭✭✭✭
    The whole point to the snipe changes was to nerf it for PvP and they succeeded. On an up note it is stronger than ever for PvE :) For those of us bow/bows who were never Cyro gankers the changes are great.
  • oscarovegren
    oscarovegren
    ✭✭✭
    Spearpoint wrote: »

It´s an awesome change!!
  • neverley
    neverley
    Sorry for late entry. But is this because of the new "slippery" allocation in the fitness skill cp 2.0 tree ?

"When you are affected by a disabling effect, you automatically Break Free for no cost."

I assumed this wasn't a bug. The developers intended to stop bow gankers (like me) for getting that first 2-3 second burst dmg w/o the other player being able to respond. I hope it's a bug :).

• goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    neverley wrote: »
    Sorry for late entry. But is this because of the new "slippery" allocation in the fitness skill cp 2.0 tree ?

"When you are affected by a disabling effect, you automatically Break Free for no cost."

I assumed this wasn't a bug. The developers intended to stop bow gankers (like me) for getting that first 2-3 second burst dmg w/o the other player being able to respond. I hope it's a bug :).

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/564500/sneak-attack-mechanic-not-working-after-u29#latest

Confirmed as bug and maybe difficult to fix?

rAxE8i4.gif
  • SilverKatz
    SilverKatz
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Good :)

Good? so make bow nerfed to the point it's now the most useless and utterly pointless skill line and weapon in the game when its a staple big dps weapon of Any RPG game in history and you say GOOD with a smiley face? fml... you guys are soo woke.

Good
  • Mr_Gallows
    Mr_Gallows
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Surprise Attack stuns if you flank your target, have you tried that?

How does that help me as bow/bow? or ranged in general? Snipe now does weak damage, so it hits doesn't stun, enemy is not affected by it's *** tap light damage then they just easily out heal it like it's nothing...

Regen is the major issue in this game. With the insanely high regen we see, balancing damage is almost impossible, because you have to rely on heavy burst only combined with dots. Regen is the main cause to ZOEs problems with balancing the game.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm, it doesn't even work on NPC mobs.

I haven't tried players, I don't PVP, but I like a sneaky POW entrance for my NB and it's, like, laughable now.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/564500/sneak-attack-mechanic-not-working-after-u29#latest

rAxE8i4.gif

Good! Glad to see ZOS is working on issues like this, hopefully they can fix this bug sooner than later.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barely any snipe in cyro at the moment and it's wonderful.

I wonder how all the back of the fight, hiding in sneak players are spending their time instead.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Barely any snipe in cyro at the moment and it's wonderful.

I wonder how all the back of the fight, hiding in sneak players are spending their time instead.

AjSsGIv.jpg?1
  • neverley
    neverley
    Still sniping. Without the stun need to be a bit more creative. But all in all just fine.
  • jp_marins
    jp_marins
    ✭✭

Thing is: Either you nerf Snipe damage (which they did) or take out the Snipe stun, doing both they completely ruined the skill, it's not worth using over any other ranged spammable abilty (like crushing weapon, venom skull, cutting dive, crystal weapon etc) due to it's cast time, so we are almost at the point that would be no reason to have the skill in game at all...

I hope it's a bug though, or get a dmg increase to compensate it's cast/travel time, right now it isn't worthy
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im not playing a NB nor have i ever attacked someone from sneak in this game, but maybe this helps. This is the tooltip from NB passive from latest patch (29):

Master Assassin II:
    Increases your Physical and Spell Penetration against enemies you are flanking by 2974. Increases the duration of the stun from Sneak by 100%.

-> that means it should work. (That brings me to a thought: Check your skill points and passives because they have been reset in latest patch.)
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • silver1surfer69
    silver1surfer69
    ✭✭✭✭

rAxE8i4.gif

I have this CP and checked my recordings how this works and on me it was by far not instant. It takes a little till it breaks you free, about as long as you would do it yourself in normal gameplay.
    PC/EU
    Loveknight - HybridDK (4*), Stahlstrahlenreiter - StamDen, Azgul Grahl Bashrugk - HybridSorc (5*), Tínúvíél - StamCro, Thógard - StamPlar
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still can't see any dev post on this. What is going on? surely they can't stealth remove one of the most important parts of a already underpowered weapon? As for snipe it now feels worse than before to the point what is the point in using a bow anymore? a bow is supposed to be a slow to fire aim weapon that should hit hard not be some mediocre spamable crap...

Archery, Bows and Physical ranged combat is one of the most interesting and cool fantasy class types you can play in an RPG/MMO and this game has since launch done everything in its power and will to make it the WORST BOW CLASS GAMEPLAY of any MMO i've ever played since i started when i was 13 now I'm 30...

What a S show zenimax what an absolute S show indeed you have created here.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not the CP passive, because mobs in PvE are also not getting stunned by stealth attacks as they used to. Tried it on PTS with melee, ranged, LA, HA, skills - same results (tested it with both crouch - stealth & invisibility). The only thing that seems to be fixed is stealth attack dmg modifier, but the stun CC is not there, so it is still bugged.
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭

It is not the CP passive, because mobs in PvE are also not getting stunned by stealth attacks as they used to. Tried it on PTS with melee, ranged, LA, HA, skills - same results (tested it with both crouch - stealth & invisibility). The only thing that seems to be fixed is stealth attack dmg modifier, but the stun CC is not there, so it is still bugged.

If this is truly a BUG and NOT some ridiculous nerf to make bow useless then it worries me that the devs have not replied to this, not made a post and when i speak in game about it i get ZERO replies. How can this be broken for soo long? this is a 1 day hotfix period.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If this is truly a BUG and NOT some ridiculous nerf to make bow useless then it worries me that the devs have not replied to this, not made a post and when i speak in game about it i get ZERO replies. How can this be broken for soo long? this is a 1 day hotfix period.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/564500/sneak-attack-mechanic-not-working-after-u29/p1
    There was a reply in this thread, so I guess it is a confirmed bug.
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/564500/sneak-attack-mechanic-not-working-after-u29/p1

Hmm I guess then not a SINGLE developer plays bow, Not a single Tester plays bow, Not a single QA plays bow for it to not have been seen, make it all the way into live and be over 1 month with still no fix. It's quite shocking, it's not like it's some rare used obscure ability combo.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm I guess then not a SINGLE developer plays bow, Not a single Tester plays bow, Not a single QA plays bow for it to not have been seen, make it all the way into live and be over 1 month with still no fix. It's quite shocking, it's not like it's some rare used obscure ability combo.

i main bow, and yes it is a problem.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Good? so make bow nerfed to the point it's now the most useless and utterly pointless skill line and weapon in the game when its a staple big dps weapon of Any RPG game in history and you say GOOD with a smiley face? fml... you guys are soo woke.

Its actually quite strong in PvE, arguably stronger than Dual Wield in some cases. So it is a "staple big DPS weapon like in any RPG game".

PvP is just half of this game. And DPS (damage per second) doesn't matter in PvP, only burst does. And its still the best back bar weapon for medium armor builds in PvP anyway.

Don't panic and stop obnoxiously spamming Snipe from stealth :wink:
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Adam_Chattaway
    Adam_Chattaway
    ✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

Its actually quite strong in PvE, arguably stronger than Dual Wield in some cases. So it is a "staple big DPS weapon like in any RPG game".

PvP is just half of this game. And DPS (damage per second) doesn't matter in PvP, only burst does. And its still the best back bar weapon for medium armor builds in PvP anyway.

Don't panic and stop obnoxiously spamming Snipe from stealth :wink:

I can't melee PVP in ESO it's horrendous. In WOW, FFXIV LOTRO, SWTOR i can play Melee dps in pvp and do fune in ESO i just get 1 shotted by OP ridiculous builds who seem sto take no smg whatsoever because they spam roll around then in 0.3 milliseconds seem to do 6 attacks in a flash and kill me. sorry I'm going to say it. Melee PVP in this game is 100% pure Sperg.

First time i actually had fun in PVP in this game was because i could now and then get kills with snipe and stun. melee would still 1 shot me so that was balanced. I hate bar switching i think its a ridiculous over the top concept, i hate the no cd of skills, trying to bar swap and micro manage 10 skills is annoying and I just don't have the 1000 IQ to deal with it in a PVP scenario. It's ESO not some asian ESPORT i don't know why they made a pure PVE fantasy game have the most obnoxious over the top pvp system I *** HATE IT. Any game where you die in 0.3 seconds in pvp is f bull.
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it is BS, that this game has been going on for 7 years and now Ranged Stun (sneak attack), a core mechanic of the game is being removed.
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • blktauna
    blktauna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I unslotted it because when it goes off (not guaranteed), I will get stuck in full draw for some time and be unable to do anything or it stalls until the target is long gone then fires or hit the npc next to the player I have tab targeted...

Not worth the slot anymore :(
    PCNA
    PCEU